Mayfield
-
This is an idiotic post. If you want to make comparisons, compare your boy Watson to Brissett.....he doesn't look all that good, does he?
Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap.
Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap.
It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy. I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
-
I have? My loyalty only goes so far. When this owner continues to destroy a once proud franchise like the Cleveland Browns, I get a little aggravated. I'm 72....I don't have the patience for morons I once had.
-
Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap.
It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy. I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy. I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
Really? This was my 2nd paragraph in italic that your reading comprehension missed: Baker had some success here as a rookie and sparked this team from the winless ranks to "gotta-see." He gave us fans some hope and long awaited excitement, even if just temporary. I wanted us to draft the guy; and was happy we did so (until hindsight 20/20 reminded me the NFL has 32 film rooms that can find weaknesses to exploit
Mayfield would have only been a fill-in starter in Cleveland if he got to stay. Then he went to Carolina where he played his way into being Sam Darnold's back-up. Now that Mathew Stafford is sidelined in street clothes, he's filling in for the injured starter.
One of us can read the writing on the wall - the other one finds the truth too hurtful. When all 32 teams had healthy QBs, only 1 became interested in Baker at the last minute. Unfortunately, when he played his way down the depth chart - the guy they wanted Baker to replace/upgrade earned his starting job back over Baker.
Who's kidding who here?
-
Colt's statistical profile is closer to Baker's than not.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoCo00.htm
And for all the praise heaped on Mayfield about "turning this team around", the real credit for giving Cleveland fans a glimpse of competitive football belongs to Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer.
Despite losing Our starting and backup center, having an all rookie backfield and marginal skill positions, those two had the Browns with a TD of being 8-8 and a wildcard birth.
It's crazy the amount of people who have seemingly forgotten about them.
-
Colt's statistical profile is closer to Baker's than not.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoCo00.htm
And for all the praise heaped on Mayfield about "turning this team around", the real credit for giving Cleveland fans a glimpse of competitive football belongs to Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer.
Despite losing Our starting and backup center, having an all rookie backfield and marginal skill positions, those two had the Browns with a TD of being 8-8 and a wildcard birth.
It's crazy the amount of people who have seemingly forgotten about them.
Colt's statistical profile is closer to Baker's than not.
And for all the praise heaped on Mayfield about "turning this team around", the real credit for giving Cleveland fans a glimpse of competitive football belongs to Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer.
It's crazy the amount of people who have seemingly forgotten about them.
Well I haven't forgotten...lol I just wrote about Shanahan earlier in the week. Haslam & Farmer had to "justify" the Manziel pick, ugh.
To be fair, Hoyer self imploded vs the Colts here in a 25-24 loss.
I think just about everybody knew JM was going to fail. He had talent, but ultimately no heart and way too small for the NFL.
-
Colt's statistical profile is closer to Baker's than not.
And for all the praise heaped on Mayfield about "turning this team around", the real credit for giving Cleveland fans a glimpse of competitive football belongs to Kyle Shanahan and Brian Hoyer.
It's crazy the amount of people who have seemingly forgotten about them.
Well I haven't forgotten...lol I just wrote about Shanahan earlier in the week. Haslam & Farmer had to "justify" the Manziel pick, ugh.
To be fair, Hoyer self imploded vs the Colts here in a 25-24 loss.
I think just about everybody knew JM was going to fail. He had talent, but ultimately no heart and way too small for the NFL.
Well I haven't forgotten...lol I just wrote about Shanahan earlier in the week. Haslam & Farmer had to "justify" the Manziel pick, ugh.
To be fair, Hoyer self imploded vs the Colts here in a 25-24 loss.
I think just about everybody knew JM was going to fail. He had talent, but ultimately no heart and way too small for the NFL.
I have a sneaking suspicion that there were some people here who were fully drinking the Billy Manziel Kool-Aid, besides TexAg, of course.
-
yes, Baker isn't perfect. But Goff was often injured. and Stafford was seriously injured. Google their injures. I believe Stafford has avoided spinal injury surgery.
Sweetheart, this wasn't a post for you to continue discussion... those days are over.
This also isn't a post debating the merits of college prospects which, while not a true 50/50, have a certain 'chance' to them where anybody could be right. It's not a science and nobody has nailed it. That's where I'm happy to receive your feedback. This isn't that.
This is apples to apples, NFL plays, coaches and personnel in the vacuum that is the league.
Take my analysis, which was nice enough of me to not include Baker throwing a pick on a half field read, as it is - fair and thorough. A breakdown that, podcasts which rant with little substance and PFF aside, I haven't found anything anywhere quite like the charting I've done that isn't likely being done in-house by professionals. While you're at it, do yourself a favor and take what little information I still give here and use it to make yourself some money gambling. The Rams and Baker will regress and have turnovers. Do not expect him to duplicate that performance without an INT or two, and against a Packers defense that saw him less than 365 days ago too. As it stands, Rams are +6.5 and the common man is likely riding the emotional wave that is Baker-mania in L.A.
If the Pack injury report looks good, then I'm going in on GB to cover at -6.5 while also looking at a prop for Ben Skowronek on receptions or yards. I'd advise you do the same if the lines look agreeable.
You're welcome in advance.
️
While you're at it, do yourself a favor and take what little information I still give here and use it to make yourself some money gambling. The Rams and Baker will regress and have turnovers. Do not expect him to duplicate that performance without an INT or two, and against a Packers defense that saw him less than 365 days ago too. As it stands, Rams are +6.5 and the common man is likely riding the emotional wave that is Baker-mania in L.A.
If the Pack injury report looks good, then I'm going in on GB to cover at -6.5 while also looking at a prop for Ben Skowronek on receptions or yards. I'd advise you do the same if the lines look agreeable.
You're welcome in advance.
️
Anybody besides myself go in on GB - 6.5 ?
-
- LA Rams
- Matchup
- Green Bay
Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat 12 21 111 1 1 67.8 -
- LA Rams
- Matchup
- Green Bay
Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat 12 21 111 1 1 67.8 - LA Rams
- Matchup
- Green Bay
Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat 12 21 111 1 1 67.8 He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.
I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig).
The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward.
Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast?
-
- LA Rams
- Matchup
- Green Bay
Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat 12 21 111 1 1 67.8 He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.
I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig).
The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward.
Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast?
He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.
I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig).
The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward.
Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast?
I felt sorry for Mayfield. And the offensive line ! The first series, the center? had to leave the game, and the guard shifted to center?
They were awful for most of the game. So often, couldn't gain much on a run, couldn't pass protect.
My theory is, they were wearing dress shoes instead of cleats for the first three? quarters.
And what the? the Rams secondary couldn't cover anyone til later on in the second half. It was pitiful.
Luckily, we have been watching games recorded - fast forward saves so much time. Happily very busy!
I think the Rams need to sign some offensive linemen today - to start next week vs Denver.
The rams offense did make one good drive for a TD, but early on, I think their game plan to "establish the run first" backfired pretty bad. The first serius? injury added fuel to the "Fire".....
-
He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.
I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig).
The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward.
Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast?
I felt sorry for Mayfield. And the offensive line ! The first series, the center? had to leave the game, and the guard shifted to center?
They were awful for most of the game. So often, couldn't gain much on a run, couldn't pass protect.
My theory is, they were wearing dress shoes instead of cleats for the first three? quarters.
And what the? the Rams secondary couldn't cover anyone til later on in the second half. It was pitiful.
Luckily, we have been watching games recorded - fast forward saves so much time. Happily very busy!
I think the Rams need to sign some offensive linemen today - to start next week vs Denver.
The rams offense did make one good drive for a TD, but early on, I think their game plan to "establish the run first" backfired pretty bad. The first serius? injury added fuel to the "Fire".....
I felt sorry for Mayfield. And the offensive line ! The first series, the center? had to leave the game, and the guard shifted to center?
They were awful for most of the game. So often, couldn't gain much on a run, couldn't pass protect.
My theory is, they were wearing dress shoes instead of cleats for the first three? quarters.
And what the? the Rams secondary couldn't cover anyone til later on in the second half. It was pitiful.
Luckily, we have been watching games recorded - fast forward saves so much time. Happily very busy!
I think the Rams need to sign some offensive linemen today - to start next week vs Denver.
The rams offense did make one good drive for a TD, but early on, I think their game plan to "establish the run first" backfired pretty bad. The first serius? injury added fuel to the "Fire".....
It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!
-
I felt sorry for Mayfield. And the offensive line ! The first series, the center? had to leave the game, and the guard shifted to center?
They were awful for most of the game. So often, couldn't gain much on a run, couldn't pass protect.
My theory is, they were wearing dress shoes instead of cleats for the first three? quarters.
And what the? the Rams secondary couldn't cover anyone til later on in the second half. It was pitiful.
Luckily, we have been watching games recorded - fast forward saves so much time. Happily very busy!
I think the Rams need to sign some offensive linemen today - to start next week vs Denver.
The rams offense did make one good drive for a TD, but early on, I think their game plan to "establish the run first" backfired pretty bad. The first serius? injury added fuel to the "Fire".....
It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!
It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!
LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".
hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
-
Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap.
It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy. I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy. I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
Yeah, FYI I've been around the football world as long as you have.... Yep, Baker took the Browns to the playoffs... You still giddy that Jim Brown won us the NFL Championship in 1964? That's one outlier year for Mayfield, and what the experts opined about Baker rang true again Monday night, he's maddeningly inconsistent. He was pretty pedestrian against the Packers, Captain check down.. And I saw at least one play where Baker had a two guys wide open (shades of the OBJ bitch) and he didn't see them.
Of course Cult Baker is still making excuses for him and can't come to admit Mayfield is another Andy Dalton who can only succeed if the surrounding cast is studly all world.
It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!
That's the problem with Cult Baker nickers... And it IS a cult. Should we analyze everything former Brown Jarvis Landry is doing with the Saints? Maybe rave about how great Jordan Poyer is playing for the Bills? Sheeezzzeee!!!! I'm more than happy to let it go and move on. THEY'RE the ones who can't let it go, and follow his every doing around the league like a bunch of pathetic lapdogs. I learned long ago not to fall in love with particular Browns players (with few exceptions). I still have a Tim Couch gathering dust in my basement as a reminder of that.
PS Tia- I hope you bet a ton on the Packers to cover last night. It could have been more than 12, if they didn't do a series of kneel downs to run out the clock at the end of the game.
-
It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!
LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".
hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
I think it's just a disease.
Fan is short for fanatic. There's 31 other teams with fan forums.
Check out some of them on your own time, it really isn't any different, even with teams who are winning (consistently winning).
-
It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!
LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".
hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".
hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
And if YOU would just let it go and move on, we could stop having discussions about a guy who no longer plays for the Browns....
-
LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".
hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
And if YOU would just let it go and move on, we could stop having discussions about a guy who no longer plays for the Browns....
-
another lie. My positive thread came WELL AFTER the TWO negative threads.
but thanks for replying in the afternoon.......
Yeah Baker lapdog... Gotta keep on defending your hero. LOL, I'll leave your other hero out of the discussion on the BROWNS Forum... Thanks for proving my point, or you going to deny you started that thread?
I'm not being negative when I opined that Stefanski and Berry correctly estimated Baker's ability level and effectively told him his quarterbacking skills weren't good enough to lead the Browns going forward. And he made history, the only #1 overall pick to be on his third team this quickly.
Will Mayfield ever be able to get another starting qb gig in the NFL? Remains to be seen. If he does, good for him... But from my POV what I said earlier, it's sure looking like defensive coordinators have figured Baker out.
Finally, I'd say anymore the vast majority of Browns fans care about Baker as much as they do about Jarvis Landry or Jordan Poyer. So give it a rest already.
-
- LA Rams
- Matchup
- Green Bay
Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat 12 21 111 1 1 67.8 He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.
I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig).
The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward.
Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast?
-
- LA Rams
- Matchup
- Green Bay
Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat 12 21 111 1 1 67.8 He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.
I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig).
The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward.
Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast?
-
Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap.
It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy. I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
My dad was one of the biggest Cleveland Browns fans northeast of Ohio when I was born in 1964; so being a Browns fan by 1968 was inevitable. We had a huge antenna on top of our house in the 70s getting us feeds from all over and as far north as Ottawa, Canada (and that was commentated in French).
Does any of that change why we needed so many Baker Mayfield threads with some guys acting like we traded away the next Joe Montana or Steve Young instead of Colt McCoy (whom I've maintained a lot of respect for fwiw). I even rooted for Baker and defended him when I felt criticism was unfair. I did it all the time and you would easily know that if you were here. But, let's be real, as a 1st overall pick - is he ever going to be more than just a passenger at the NFL level? IMO, if he was - he wouldn't be on his 3rd team already only because Matthew Stafford is on IR. That's more Colt McCoy than misunderstood Joe Montana. I don't see the elite guy I thought I'd see. If you do, that's fine. We're not in this conversation because I called your pov idiotic - we're in it because you did that to me.
My favorite 2 QBs during my 54 years as a fan are Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar. One of those guys was a 13th round draft pick out of San Diego State. 13th round usually implied there were a bunch of imperfections/weaknesses to overcome. Sipe became the only NFL MVP this team has had. And how? He led a lot of comeback victories here that earned him the respect he deserved. The excitement from all the late comeback victories gave the offense/team the nickname "Kardiac Kids." Kosar and Sipe repeatedly earned my respect here...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


