Skip to content

Mayfield

The Browns Board
381 39 19.4k 2
  • sydS syd

    just looking forward to josh dobbs to have a big game tonight  so you all can bitch about that

    @syd said:

    just looking forward to josh dobbs to have a big game tonight  so you all can bitch about that

    As much as a Dobbs fan I was after his performance this pre-season, his first games have been pretty bad. Guy is a turnover waiting to happen. 

  • @lodilobo said:

    Watson's 6 games this season: Avg. qb rating = 78.5....Mayfield's last 6 games: Avg. qb rating = 90.6...Fact. Not to mention...in that last 6 games, Mayfield has had 2 games exceeding the 122.5 rating that your hero had last week.

    Let me take you by the hand and guide you through. I berate you by pointing out you base your arguments on individual statistical outliers (i.e clutch a straws). In your retort, you prove me right by doing just that.

    Here's some stats for you: Watson's worst full season QBR is better than Bakers' best season. And he did that on a Texans team with less talent. Baker couldn't deliver the goods behind one of the best O-lines in the business, and a stacked receiver and TE room. 

    Watson makes a team better, and Baker doesn't. It's that simple. 

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Let me take you by the hand and guide you through. I berate you by pointing out you base your arguments on individual statistical outliers (i.e clutch a straws). In your retort, you prove me right by doing just that.

    Here's some stats for you: Watson's worst full season QBR is better than Bakers' best season. And he did that on a Texans team with less talent. Baker couldn't deliver the goods behind one of the best O-lines in the business, and a stacked receiver and TE room. 

    Watson makes a team better, and Baker doesn't. It's that simple. 

    baloney. Your "stats" are not statistics, they are opinions. In 2020 - Baker took the Browns to the playoffs, beating pittsbooger in that playoff game.

    watson and the texans were 4-12. watson "makes a team better" ? lol.

    watson is a running qb. fumbles and runs for a lot of yards.

    watson was drafted in 2017. In 2015 and 2016, the Texans were in the PLAYOFFS. They lost in 2015,  Wild Card playoffs (Chiefs) 30–0 .

    In 2016, the Texans Won Wild Card playoffs (Raiders) 27–14
    Lost Divisional playoffs (at Patriots) 34–16.

    So, go look at the two years before Baker got to the Browns.

    Have a nice day even though you are really wrong.

     

    So, Baker led a NON playoff team to the playoffs.

    Watson took a playoff team to 4-12. LOL .

                       
  • @hoorta said:

    True, but here's my problem with this certain poster Steve. He's entitled to his opinion. However, he has one humongous case of selective morality re: Watson, and it pisses off several posters here to no end.  I'll leave it at that.

    It's obsessive- compulsive behavior Korsou.  Where's the 300+ post threads fixating on ex Browns Jarvis Landry, or bemoaning a Browns fuckup letting go of Jordan Poyer who's made All-Pro and the Pro bowl, hanging on every one of his games with the Bills?    

    He has every right to hate Watson. Mark munch Bishop is a friend of mine. He hates and will not forgive Johnny Manziel. Why? Cuz Menzel's girlfriend said that he hit her. Maybe he did maybe he didn't maybe they were shit hammered drunk that was one of those things. But whatever .. You know my feelings about Watson no point in going over them here. But I'll tell you I could and would never support Michael Vick if he was here. And fuck anybody that thinks otherwise. And I have absolutely no doubt some of you guys would be all over his jock if they were winning. We have other assholes on here that hate quarterbacks because they're good looking or popular or whatever the fuck else. I thoroughly dislike Xxxxx but I don't just disagree with the guy because of that I'm sure we agree on Plenty of shit. And I don't spend any time obsessing over the guy. If I see him at a bar I'd be happy to have a beer with him.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

     We have other assholes on here that hate quarterbacks because they're good looking or popular or whatever the fuck else. 

    WSS

    Those guys who gave you shit about how dreamy you thought Brady Quinn was are no longer on this board, Steve.

  • Don’t really see the need to talk about Baker anymore, but he wasn’t as bad as some of you are saying. He had heart, and he put up with so many new schemes and was led by people like Freddie Kitchens, and played through a lot of injuries.                            I thought the Watson move was awful. Idk why we’re being run by Haslam and an analytics guy. Also, what kind of role model has more than 20 women accuse them of foul play during massages? What kind of a role model is that for our kids? Watson is a one trick pony and his days are over.

  • Don’t really see the need to talk about Baker anymore, but he wasn’t as bad as some of you are saying. He had heart, and he put up with so many new schemes and was led by people like Freddie Kitchens, and played through a lot of injuries.                            I thought the Watson move was awful. Idk why we’re being run by Haslam and an analytics guy. Also, what kind of role model has more than 20 women accuse them of foul play during massages? What kind of a role model is that for our kids? Watson is a one trick pony and his days are over.

    @stillmotion said:

    Don’t really see the need to talk about Baker anymore, but he wasn’t as bad as some of you are saying. He had heart, and he put up with so many new schemes and was led by people like Freddie Kitchens, and played through a lot of injuries.                            I thought the Watson move was awful. Idk why we’re being run by Haslam and an analytics guy. Also, what kind of role model has more than 20 women accuse them of foul play during massages? What kind of a role model is that for our kids? Watson is a one trick pony and his days are over.

    And playing like complete garbage...

  • @stillmotion said:

    Don’t really see the need to talk about Baker anymore, but he wasn’t as bad as some of you are saying. He had heart, and he put up with so many new schemes and was led by people like Freddie Kitchens, and played through a lot of injuries.                            I thought the Watson move was awful. Idk why we’re being run by Haslam and an analytics guy. Also, what kind of role model has more than 20 women accuse them of foul play during massages? What kind of a role model is that for our kids? Watson is a one trick pony and his days are over.

    And playing like complete garbage...

    @nickers said:

    And playing like complete garbage...

    He can run, that’s about it. But he really doesn’t have much to play for. Dude is already gonna make bank. I’m afraid with what they said about clowney, coaches might play favorites and give Garrett the Lebron treatment most of the time. Regardless, team looks unmotivated.

  • @westside-steve said:

     We have other assholes on here that hate quarterbacks because they're good looking or popular or whatever the fuck else. 

    WSS

    Those guys who gave you shit about how dreamy you thought Brady Quinn was are no longer on this board, Steve.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Those guys who gave you shit about how dreamy you thought Brady Quinn was are no longer on this board, Steve.

     With all due respect how the f*** would you know?

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Those guys who gave you shit about how dreamy you thought Brady Quinn was are no longer on this board, Steve.

     With all due respect how the f*** would you know?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

     With all due respect how the f*** would you know?

    WSS

    It's a small world.

    They described you as "smitten with Brady Quinn." They said it was akin to a 14 year old girl with Justin Bieber a decade ago.

  • Baker goes for the game winning drive in overtime against Seattle.....INTERCEPTED! Seahawks win.

    Another gross looking box score for Baker against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. 

    image.png.9d29bd2f4737cfcf7a35c59b148c285c.png

  • Dud: Entire offensive line

    Mayfield was under constant duress in this game as the offensive line couldn’t hold up against the Seahawks’ defensive front. He was sacked five times by Seattle and there were several other plays where Mayfield had to escape the pocket just to avoid a sack. It didn’t help that Ty Nsekhe went down with a wrist injury, or that the line is banged up in general, but this was a particularly poor performance by the front five.

  • Mayfield is gone and he's likely to flounder around for awhile before leaving the nfl as a disappointing figure but not quite a bust. 

    Deshaun Watson stinks and this whole series of events over the last year is as brownsian as it gets. 

  • @westside-steve said:

     With all due respect how the f*** would you know?

    WSS

    It's a small world.

    They described you as "smitten with Brady Quinn." They said it was akin to a 14 year old girl with Justin Bieber a decade ago.

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's a small world.

    They described you as "smitten with Brady Quinn." They said it was akin to a 14 year old girl with Justin Bieber a decade ago.

     So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.

     And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.

    WSS

  • Mayfield is gone and he's likely to flounder around for awhile before leaving the nfl as a disappointing figure but not quite a bust. 

    Deshaun Watson stinks and this whole series of events over the last year is as brownsian as it gets. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Mayfield is gone and he's likely to flounder around for awhile before leaving the nfl as a disappointing figure but not quite a bust. 

    Deshaun Watson stinks and this whole series of events over the last year is as brownsian as it gets. 

     He doesn't particularly stink he just isn't worth the money or the trade. Like I said.

     Jimmy has one on the other hand?

    ?

    WSS 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's a small world.

    They described you as "smitten with Brady Quinn." They said it was akin to a 14 year old girl with Justin Bieber a decade ago.

     So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.

     And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

     So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.

     And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.

    WSS

    They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn. 

    I have no idea, I wasn't around back then. 

  • @westside-steve said:

     So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.

     And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.

    WSS

    They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn. 

    I have no idea, I wasn't around back then. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn. 

    I have no idea, I wasn't around back then. 

     That's what I said at the beginning. Top rated prospect Notre Dame who I root for unless Ohio state or the University of Akron is playing. From Ohio grew up a Bernie Kosar fan. Distant relative Carroll County Quinns.

     Pissed me off when he held out. And I publicly stated here he had to beat the steelers before I would support him again.

     But it doesn't mean shit now I just mentioned it because some people say they root for whoever the Brown's quarterback is regardless of anything else.

     They absolutely do not.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

     So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.

     And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.

    WSS

    They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn. 

    I have no idea, I wasn't around back then. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn. 

    I have no idea, I wasn't around back then. 

    brady-quinn-now-im-done.gif.d547942b12a22991e3785eff00d4d223.gif

    Yeah, you are. ?

  • @hoorta said:

    True, but here's my problem with this certain poster Steve. He's entitled to his opinion. However, he has one humongous case of selective morality re: Watson, and it pisses off several posters here to no end.  I'll leave it at that.

    oh, shove it. That certain poster does not have any kind of "selective morality".  That is just a pitiful childish excuse to bash someone you disagree with. Furthermore, that poster simply disagrees with the obsessive baker hating/bashing.  Like whatshisname said - YOU and your clique can bash and run down baker all you want. But defending baker with facts - why, they aren't allowed to defend him because he isn't here anymore.

       That sounds so stupid, it's far worse when I just typed it. I never held a judgement against ray rice or hunt, because they apologized, and turned their lives around genuinely. OTH, rothlicksbooger and watson - never apologized, never admitted, changed the subject, and lied, it seems. but watson had 66? women come forward. Why that many? watsons flimsy rationalization on it, and lies about it..... that is actually being consistent when you diss both. It doesn't matter which team, it matters morally.

    @calfoxwc said:

    oh, shove it. That certain poster does not have any kind of "selective morality".  That is just a pitiful childish excuse to bash someone you disagree with. Furthermore, that poster simply disagrees with the obsessive baker hating/bashing.  Like whatshisname said - YOU and your clique can bash and run down baker all you want. But defending baker with facts - why, they aren't allowed to defend him because he isn't here anymore.

       That sounds so stupid, it's far worse when I just typed it. I never held a judgement against ray rice or hunt, because they apologized, and turned their lives around genuinely. OTH, rothlicksbooger and watson - never apologized, never admitted, changed the subject, and lied, it seems. but watson had 66? women come forward. Why that many? watsons flimsy rationalization on it, and lies about it..... that is actually being consistent when you diss both. It doesn't matter which team, it matters morally.

    My apologies Steve, I tried to leave politics out of it, but someone here continues to prove everything I mentioned earlier is 100% correct. You can look up the many times I've posted I think Watson is major sleaze, but unfortunately he plays for the Browns, and there's nothing I can do about it.  

    You're in denial Cal, seek mental help..  The other guy you love is accused of rape, cheated on every one of his wives, & paid off a porn star- for starters. Never apologised for it either. Never apologises for anything, for that matter. I could give you a litany of his other slimeball stunts, but this isn't the Political Forum. 

    There's no need for you to defend Baker anymore... because he doesn't play for the Browns anymore. PERIOD, end of discussion. LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.  😁   Really, it's weird that some members the Baker Homo Man-Crush Club can't let it go...  He'd long ago have become a near zero general interest topic around here. 

    Keep spinning away though.  

    BTW, I watched the Rams- Seahawks game because I was hoping for a LA win to send the Lions into the playoffs...  Your homo boy sealed the Rams fate with a terribly underthrown bomb that got intercepted...  And as usual Baker couldn't do jack in the overtime when the Rams had their chance to win the game. Good old Mayfield, Mr.Anti-Clutch.  🙂  

  • Oh how I long for the days of Holcomb vs Couch. 

  • It's going to be very interesting to see what NFL team desperate for a franchise QB wins the Baker Mayfield sweepstakes with what will, obviously, be an enormous free agent contract offer. 

    Rarely does a QB of Baker's immense skill-set during his prime become a free agent. Teams have to be salivating, just counting down the minutes until they can try and sign him.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn. 

    I have no idea, I wasn't around back then. 

     That's what I said at the beginning. Top rated prospect Notre Dame who I root for unless Ohio state or the University of Akron is playing. From Ohio grew up a Bernie Kosar fan. Distant relative Carroll County Quinns.

     Pissed me off when he held out. And I publicly stated here he had to beat the steelers before I would support him again.

     But it doesn't mean shit now I just mentioned it because some people say they root for whoever the Brown's quarterback is regardless of anything else.

     They absolutely do not.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

     That's what I said at the beginning. Top rated prospect Notre Dame who I root for unless Ohio state or the University of Akron is playing. From Ohio grew up a Bernie Kosar fan. Distant relative Carroll County Quinns.

     Pissed me off when he held out. And I publicly stated here he had to beat the steelers before I would support him again.

     But it doesn't mean shit now I just mentioned it because some people say they root for whoever the Brown's quarterback is regardless of anything else.

     They absolutely do not.

    WSS

    No Steve, I think you are misunderstanding me.

    They didn't think you really, really liked him because of where he grew up, who he was a fan of growing up, where he went to college or even because he played for the Browns.

    They really thought that the reason they considered you head-over-the-heels in love with Brady Quinn was because they literally thought you were homosexual for him.

    I think it is a highly inflammatory line of thought, but they were very adamant.