Mayfield
-
Don’t really see the need to talk about Baker anymore, but he wasn’t as bad as some of you are saying. He had heart, and he put up with so many new schemes and was led by people like Freddie Kitchens, and played through a lot of injuries. I thought the Watson move was awful. Idk why we’re being run by Haslam and an analytics guy. Also, what kind of role model has more than 20 women accuse them of foul play during massages? What kind of a role model is that for our kids? Watson is a one trick pony and his days are over.
-
Don’t really see the need to talk about Baker anymore, but he wasn’t as bad as some of you are saying. He had heart, and he put up with so many new schemes and was led by people like Freddie Kitchens, and played through a lot of injuries. I thought the Watson move was awful. Idk why we’re being run by Haslam and an analytics guy. Also, what kind of role model has more than 20 women accuse them of foul play during massages? What kind of a role model is that for our kids? Watson is a one trick pony and his days are over.
Don’t really see the need to talk about Baker anymore, but he wasn’t as bad as some of you are saying. He had heart, and he put up with so many new schemes and was led by people like Freddie Kitchens, and played through a lot of injuries. I thought the Watson move was awful. Idk why we’re being run by Haslam and an analytics guy. Also, what kind of role model has more than 20 women accuse them of foul play during massages? What kind of a role model is that for our kids? Watson is a one trick pony and his days are over.
And playing like complete garbage...
-
Don’t really see the need to talk about Baker anymore, but he wasn’t as bad as some of you are saying. He had heart, and he put up with so many new schemes and was led by people like Freddie Kitchens, and played through a lot of injuries. I thought the Watson move was awful. Idk why we’re being run by Haslam and an analytics guy. Also, what kind of role model has more than 20 women accuse them of foul play during massages? What kind of a role model is that for our kids? Watson is a one trick pony and his days are over.
And playing like complete garbage...
And playing like complete garbage...
He can run, that’s about it. But he really doesn’t have much to play for. Dude is already gonna make bank. I’m afraid with what they said about clowney, coaches might play favorites and give Garrett the Lebron treatment most of the time. Regardless, team looks unmotivated.
-
We have other assholes on here that hate quarterbacks because they're good looking or popular or whatever the fuck else.
WSS
Those guys who gave you shit about how dreamy you thought Brady Quinn was are no longer on this board, Steve.
Those guys who gave you shit about how dreamy you thought Brady Quinn was are no longer on this board, Steve.
With all due respect how the f*** would you know?
WSS
-
Those guys who gave you shit about how dreamy you thought Brady Quinn was are no longer on this board, Steve.
With all due respect how the f*** would you know?
WSS
With all due respect how the f*** would you know?
WSS
It's a small world.
They described you as "smitten with Brady Quinn." They said it was akin to a 14 year old girl with Justin Bieber a decade ago.
-
Baker goes for the game winning drive in overtime against Seattle.....INTERCEPTED! Seahawks win.
Another gross looking box score for Baker against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

-
Dud: Entire offensive line
Mayfield was under constant duress in this game as the offensive line couldn’t hold up against the Seahawks’ defensive front. He was sacked five times by Seattle and there were several other plays where Mayfield had to escape the pocket just to avoid a sack. It didn’t help that Ty Nsekhe went down with a wrist injury, or that the line is banged up in general, but this was a particularly poor performance by the front five.
-
Mayfield is gone and he's likely to flounder around for awhile before leaving the nfl as a disappointing figure but not quite a bust.
Deshaun Watson stinks and this whole series of events over the last year is as brownsian as it gets.
-
With all due respect how the f*** would you know?
WSS
It's a small world.
They described you as "smitten with Brady Quinn." They said it was akin to a 14 year old girl with Justin Bieber a decade ago.
It's a small world.
They described you as "smitten with Brady Quinn." They said it was akin to a 14 year old girl with Justin Bieber a decade ago.
So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.
And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.
WSS
-
Mayfield is gone and he's likely to flounder around for awhile before leaving the nfl as a disappointing figure but not quite a bust.
Deshaun Watson stinks and this whole series of events over the last year is as brownsian as it gets.
Mayfield is gone and he's likely to flounder around for awhile before leaving the nfl as a disappointing figure but not quite a bust.
Deshaun Watson stinks and this whole series of events over the last year is as brownsian as it gets.
He doesn't particularly stink he just isn't worth the money or the trade. Like I said.
Jimmy has one on the other hand?
?
WSS
-
It's a small world.
They described you as "smitten with Brady Quinn." They said it was akin to a 14 year old girl with Justin Bieber a decade ago.
So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.
And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.
WSS
So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.
And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.
WSS
They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn.
I have no idea, I wasn't around back then.
-
So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.
And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.
WSS
They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn.
I have no idea, I wasn't around back then.
They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn.
I have no idea, I wasn't around back then.
That's what I said at the beginning. Top rated prospect Notre Dame who I root for unless Ohio state or the University of Akron is playing. From Ohio grew up a Bernie Kosar fan. Distant relative Carroll County Quinns.
Pissed me off when he held out. And I publicly stated here he had to beat the steelers before I would support him again.
But it doesn't mean shit now I just mentioned it because some people say they root for whoever the Brown's quarterback is regardless of anything else.
They absolutely do not.
WSS
-
So f****** what? Like I've said enough times I usually support who over the bronze pick up for a quarterback until he does something To change that.
And he was rated highly by just about every pundit in the pro football world. And at the end of the day whether it's him or anybody else there's more to being a winning team than one guy.
WSS
They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn.
I have no idea, I wasn't around back then.
They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn.
I have no idea, I wasn't around back then.

Yeah, you are. ?
-
True, but here's my problem with this certain poster Steve. He's entitled to his opinion. However, he has one humongous case of selective morality re: Watson, and it pisses off several posters here to no end. I'll leave it at that.
oh, shove it. That certain poster does not have any kind of "selective morality". That is just a pitiful childish excuse to bash someone you disagree with. Furthermore, that poster simply disagrees with the obsessive baker hating/bashing. Like whatshisname said - YOU and your clique can bash and run down baker all you want. But defending baker with facts - why, they aren't allowed to defend him because he isn't here anymore.
That sounds so stupid, it's far worse when I just typed it. I never held a judgement against ray rice or hunt, because they apologized, and turned their lives around genuinely. OTH, rothlicksbooger and watson - never apologized, never admitted, changed the subject, and lied, it seems. but watson had 66? women come forward. Why that many? watsons flimsy rationalization on it, and lies about it..... that is actually being consistent when you diss both. It doesn't matter which team, it matters morally.
oh, shove it. That certain poster does not have any kind of "selective morality". That is just a pitiful childish excuse to bash someone you disagree with. Furthermore, that poster simply disagrees with the obsessive baker hating/bashing. Like whatshisname said - YOU and your clique can bash and run down baker all you want. But defending baker with facts - why, they aren't allowed to defend him because he isn't here anymore.
That sounds so stupid, it's far worse when I just typed it. I never held a judgement against ray rice or hunt, because they apologized, and turned their lives around genuinely. OTH, rothlicksbooger and watson - never apologized, never admitted, changed the subject, and lied, it seems. but watson had 66? women come forward. Why that many? watsons flimsy rationalization on it, and lies about it..... that is actually being consistent when you diss both. It doesn't matter which team, it matters morally.
My apologies Steve, I tried to leave politics out of it, but someone here continues to prove everything I mentioned earlier is 100% correct. You can look up the many times I've posted I think Watson is major sleaze, but unfortunately he plays for the Browns, and there's nothing I can do about it.
You're in denial Cal, seek mental help.. The other guy you love is accused of rape, cheated on every one of his wives, & paid off a porn star- for starters. Never apologised for it either. Never apologises for anything, for that matter. I could give you a litany of his other slimeball stunts, but this isn't the Political Forum.
There's no need for you to defend Baker anymore... because he doesn't play for the Browns anymore. PERIOD, end of discussion. LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
Really, it's weird that some members the Baker Homo Man-Crush Club can't let it go... He'd long ago have become a near zero general interest topic around here.
Keep spinning away though.
BTW, I watched the Rams- Seahawks game because I was hoping for a LA win to send the Lions into the playoffs... Your homo boy sealed the Rams fate with a terribly underthrown bomb that got intercepted... And as usual Baker couldn't do jack in the overtime when the Rams had their chance to win the game. Good old Mayfield, Mr.Anti-Clutch.
-
It's going to be very interesting to see what NFL team desperate for a franchise QB wins the Baker Mayfield sweepstakes with what will, obviously, be an enormous free agent contract offer.
Rarely does a QB of Baker's immense skill-set during his prime become a free agent. Teams have to be salivating, just counting down the minutes until they can try and sign him.
-
They seemed to think the big reason you were such a Brady Quinn fan was specifically his looks. The point they kept alluding to was that they thought you were really gay for Quinn.
I have no idea, I wasn't around back then.
That's what I said at the beginning. Top rated prospect Notre Dame who I root for unless Ohio state or the University of Akron is playing. From Ohio grew up a Bernie Kosar fan. Distant relative Carroll County Quinns.
Pissed me off when he held out. And I publicly stated here he had to beat the steelers before I would support him again.
But it doesn't mean shit now I just mentioned it because some people say they root for whoever the Brown's quarterback is regardless of anything else.
They absolutely do not.
WSS
That's what I said at the beginning. Top rated prospect Notre Dame who I root for unless Ohio state or the University of Akron is playing. From Ohio grew up a Bernie Kosar fan. Distant relative Carroll County Quinns.
Pissed me off when he held out. And I publicly stated here he had to beat the steelers before I would support him again.
But it doesn't mean shit now I just mentioned it because some people say they root for whoever the Brown's quarterback is regardless of anything else.
They absolutely do not.
WSS
No Steve, I think you are misunderstanding me.
They didn't think you really, really liked him because of where he grew up, who he was a fan of growing up, where he went to college or even because he played for the Browns.
They really thought that the reason they considered you head-over-the-heels in love with Brady Quinn was because they literally thought you were homosexual for him.
I think it is a highly inflammatory line of thought, but they were very adamant.
-
That's what I said at the beginning. Top rated prospect Notre Dame who I root for unless Ohio state or the University of Akron is playing. From Ohio grew up a Bernie Kosar fan. Distant relative Carroll County Quinns.
Pissed me off when he held out. And I publicly stated here he had to beat the steelers before I would support him again.
But it doesn't mean shit now I just mentioned it because some people say they root for whoever the Brown's quarterback is regardless of anything else.
They absolutely do not.
WSS
No Steve, I think you are misunderstanding me.
They didn't think you really, really liked him because of where he grew up, who he was a fan of growing up, where he went to college or even because he played for the Browns.
They really thought that the reason they considered you head-over-the-heels in love with Brady Quinn was because they literally thought you were homosexual for him.
I think it is a highly inflammatory line of thought, but they were very adamant.
No Steve, I think you are misunderstanding me.
They didn't think you really, really liked him because of where he grew up, who he was a fan of growing up, where he went to college or even because he played for the Browns.
They really thought that the reason they considered you head-over-the-heels in love with Brady Quinn was because they literally thought you were homosexual for him.
I think it is a highly inflammatory line of thought, but they were very adamant.
Well sure, there's that without a doubt. I'm just telling you it's not the main reason.
?️?
WSS
-
oh, shove it. That certain poster does not have any kind of "selective morality". That is just a pitiful childish excuse to bash someone you disagree with. Furthermore, that poster simply disagrees with the obsessive baker hating/bashing. Like whatshisname said - YOU and your clique can bash and run down baker all you want. But defending baker with facts - why, they aren't allowed to defend him because he isn't here anymore.
That sounds so stupid, it's far worse when I just typed it. I never held a judgement against ray rice or hunt, because they apologized, and turned their lives around genuinely. OTH, rothlicksbooger and watson - never apologized, never admitted, changed the subject, and lied, it seems. but watson had 66? women come forward. Why that many? watsons flimsy rationalization on it, and lies about it..... that is actually being consistent when you diss both. It doesn't matter which team, it matters morally.
My apologies Steve, I tried to leave politics out of it, but someone here continues to prove everything I mentioned earlier is 100% correct. You can look up the many times I've posted I think Watson is major sleaze, but unfortunately he plays for the Browns, and there's nothing I can do about it.
You're in denial Cal, seek mental help.. The other guy you love is accused of rape, cheated on every one of his wives, & paid off a porn star- for starters. Never apologised for it either. Never apologises for anything, for that matter. I could give you a litany of his other slimeball stunts, but this isn't the Political Forum.
There's no need for you to defend Baker anymore... because he doesn't play for the Browns anymore. PERIOD, end of discussion. LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
Really, it's weird that some members the Baker Homo Man-Crush Club can't let it go... He'd long ago have become a near zero general interest topic around here.
Keep spinning away though.
BTW, I watched the Rams- Seahawks game because I was hoping for a LA win to send the Lions into the playoffs... Your homo boy sealed the Rams fate with a terribly underthrown bomb that got intercepted... And as usual Baker couldn't do jack in the overtime when the Rams had their chance to win the game. Good old Mayfield, Mr.Anti-Clutch.
My apologies Steve, I tried to leave politics out of it, but someone here continues to prove everything I mentioned earlier is 100% correct. You can look up the many times I've posted I think Watson is major sleaze, but unfortunately he plays for the Browns, and there's nothing I can do about it.
You're in denial Cal, seek mental help.. The other guy you love is accused of rape, cheated on every one of his wives, & paid off a porn star- for starters. Never apologised for it either. Never apologises for anything, for that matter. I could give you a litany of his other slimeball stunts, but this isn't the Political Forum.
There's no need for you to defend Baker anymore... because he doesn't play for the Browns anymore. PERIOD, end of discussion. LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU. Really, it's weird that some members the Baker Homo Man-Crush Club can't let it go... He'd long ago have become a near zero general interest topic around here.
Keep spinning away though.
BTW, I watched the Rams- Seahawks game because I was hoping for a LA win to send the Lions into the playoffs... Your homo boy sealed the Rams fate with a terribly underthrown bomb that got intercepted... And as usual Baker couldn't do jack in the overtime when the Rams had their chance to win the game. Good old Mayfield, Mr.Anti-Clutch.
that other guy - I never liked him at all. I've said it hundreds of times maybe, but you seem to get off on being in a drunken rage stupor, but now it's any time of day. Most of us noticed it was usually about midnight.
That other guy, you have to make a choice of who will do what he said. So, there.
I think you are worse than stupid - you just keep trying to smart off, hoping to get a chance to whomp on those that aren't your "friend" and kick them off the board. You have said it.
Shove your politics and your hypocrisy. This is a football forum. Keep your really stupid political garbage somewhere else.
I don't love baker, but you and your clique have just bashed him endlessly.
Baker won more games with a broken left shoulder, and no deep threat like Amari Cooper than the browns did this year. WITH AMARI COOPER.
For the umpteenth time? hundredth time? I would have been fine if they traded baker and went in a legit other direction.
But 230 MILLION GUARANTEED for your pervert hero? THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS with a terrific qb class in the draft next year.,
Consider getting into an AA program near you. I think you aren't right.
-
It's often a misconception that Baker won more games in 2021 than the Browns won this year in 2022.
Baker was 6-8 in 2021. Case Keenum went undefeated at 2-0 that made up the other 2 wins, I call it "The Baker Effect" - where you are better without Baker than you are with him. Further evidence - Baker was 1-5 with the Panthers this year, then the Panthers cut Baker and they go 6-5 without him...."The Baker Effect".
Baker had a star receiver in Odell Beckham Jr. last year in 2021 - yes Odell was great - unfortunately he had a backup caliber QB in Baker throwing him the ball. After Odell got traded to the Rams with a competent Matt Stafford throwing him the ball, Odell caught 5 TD passes in 7 games started at the end of the regular season. In the playoffs, Odell would go on to have 21 catches, 288 yards, and 2 TD's - including a huge TD in the Super Bowl to help win a Super Bowl for the Rams.
When you look across the rosters in the NFL, there's really not many places that would want Baker Mayfield. Let's look at QB needy teams: the Colts - they thought a washed up Matt Ryan was better than Baker, Falcons - passed on him this year and have Ridder, Saints - passed on him this year and reports said they don't want him, Jets - probably rolling with Mike White, Raiders - probably rolling with Stidham, Texans - probably going QB at #2 overall and any of the other teams listed here could draft a QB.
Baker has to accept the fact that he is a backup caliber QB - don't get me wrong, he'll be one of the top 3-5 backups in the league. I can only see a team bringing him in with the promise of being the starter to push a rookie QB to compete hard in training camp - then Baker starts a few games at the beginning of the season with the rookie taking over eventually. But Baker is such a cancer, a horrible teammate, and a nonstop headache that I couldn't imagine a team thinking he's the answer as the starter unless they are in tank mode.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login