Skip to content

Mayfield

The Browns Board
381 39 19.4k 2
  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Mayfield released, LMAO!

    Per his request.. Wish granted...

    @nickers said:

    Per his request.. Wish granted...

    I wish Baker the best, and hope he catches on with another team that has more skill at wr and oline that he can make it work. That, and a Kelce type of TE. Who knows - we may see Baker in the playoffs later.

  • @nickers said:

    Per his request.. Wish granted...

    I wish Baker the best, and hope he catches on with another team that has more skill at wr and oline that he can make it work. That, and a Kelce type of TE. Who knows - we may see Baker in the playoffs later.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I wish Baker the best, and hope he catches on with another team that has more skill at wr and oline that he can make it work. That, and a Kelce type of TE. Who knows - we may see Baker in the playoffs later.

    And the 2000 Ravens defense, and Ray Guy at punter, and Justin Tucker at kicker, with Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs as their kick returners. 

    All jokes aside, the 49ers (unless I missed any news today) need a QB with Jimmy G. out for the season. They could do worse than Baker, who I always thought was in that middle-of-the-road starting QB class with Garappolo. 

  • I’ve thought all along…He’s not a Chase Daniel/Mike Glennon type.  

    That would require him to be a professional and study the game and be a good influence on younger QBs.  And of course play decently when called upon. 
     

    Taking a pay cut and being more prepared and more mature than he ever has is too much to ask.

    I could see him being out of football soon.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I could see him being out of football soon.

    If so it would be partly because of his attitude.  

    Perhaps the Texans will sign him.  

  • I’ve thought all along…He’s not a Chase Daniel/Mike Glennon type.  

    That would require him to be a professional and study the game and be a good influence on younger QBs.  And of course play decently when called upon. 
     

    Taking a pay cut and being more prepared and more mature than he ever has is too much to ask.

    I could see him being out of football soon.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I could see him being out of football soon.

    Yep, this is the 2nd phase of that rapidly approaching inevitability, and he only has to look in the mirror for the reason why.... Dude has physical talent for sure, but inside he's still that guy that tried to evade the police and most likely always will be. 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    CAL....or Calsnots as I have always called you with affection, :-), you have stated what I hinted at in my.more verbose post.

    Baker has played at a high level in the NFL. A spearing non call against us prevented the Browns going to the AFC championship game.

    There is enough evidence that Baker could still emerge as a diamond in the rough.

    I just don't know that the fat lady has sung on him yet. I think he is weird, but he loved Cleveland, and I too wish him the best

    LOL. I remember, always took it with humor. The Niners have lost Trey Lance earlier on, now they have lost Garoppolo for the rest of the season, and activated Brock Purdy ??? their "Mr. Irrevelent" last pick.

       Who knows? Maybe they will sign Baker, and he will be a Heisman winner backing up the last pick....and go to a superbowl and get a ring.

     LOL LOL LOL.

    that would be great.

  • baker mayfield planting unemployment flag.jpeg

  • 9ers are probably pretty desperate.

    I hope the Heisman commercial's pay well 😉

  • AxeA Axe

    9ers are probably pretty desperate.

    I hope the Heisman commercial's pay well 😉

    @axe said:

    9ers are probably pretty desperate.

    I hope the Heisman commercial's pay well 😉

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I could see him being out of football soon.

    If so it would be partly because of his attitude.  

    Perhaps the Texans will sign him.  

    @orion said:

    If so it would be partly because of his attitude.  

    Perhaps the Texans will sign him.  

    I can imagine Dallas making a run for him this Spring.  
     

    Cooper Rush is a UFA and he’s probably going to cash in somewhere else 

  • @orion said:

    If so it would be partly because of his attitude.  

    Perhaps the Texans will sign him.  

    I can imagine Dallas making a run for him this Spring.  
     

    Cooper Rush is a UFA and he’s probably going to cash in somewhere else 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I can imagine Dallas making a run for him this Spring.  
     

    Cooper Rush is a UFA and he’s probably going to cash in somewhere else 

    That would be such a Cowboys move, actually. 

  • If we are being totally honest, Baker played for the absolute worst organization in football and was more successful here than anyone else had been. I hold no animosity toward him whatsoever. While we're being honest, if yesterday is any indication of what we have to look forward to, we're in deep shit. 

  • If we are being totally honest, Baker played for the absolute worst organization in football and was more successful here than anyone else had been. I hold no animosity toward him whatsoever. While we're being honest, if yesterday is any indication of what we have to look forward to, we're in deep shit. 

    @darkside5 said:

    If we are being totally honest, Baker played for the absolute worst organization in football and was more successful here than anyone else had been. I hold no animosity toward him whatsoever. While we're being honest, if yesterday is any indication of what we have to look forward to, we're in deep shit. 

    You need look no further than Dingleberry and Depoopoo and the Jack off owner who hired them...

  • @axe said:

    9ers are probably pretty desperate.

    I hope the Heisman commercial's pay well 😉

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

    They could actually use Jacoby.  

  • By the way, if you haven't been paying attention, the other Heisman winning QB from Oklahoma in the NFL right now is absolutely lighting shit up... 

    Jalen Hurts has thrown for 2940 yards, at a 68.1% completion clip, 20 touchdown passes vs 3 interceptions AND has rushed for 609 yards and 9 more touchdowns. 

  • @axe said:

    9ers are probably pretty desperate.

    I hope the Heisman commercial's pay well 😉

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

    I think with Jimmy G out for the season, it would be the logical place for him to land.

    Since we’re talking former Browns players, where do you think Odell Beckham will go?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

    I think with Jimmy G out for the season, it would be the logical place for him to land.

    Since we’re talking former Browns players, where do you think Odell Beckham will go?

    @canton-dawg said:

    I think with Jimmy G out for the season, it would be the logical place for him to land.

    Since we’re talking former Browns players, where do you think Odell Beckham will go?

    That's a good question, because I'm not sure who will take a guy who will not work out for a team before signing with them. 

    He's been linked with the Giants, Bills and Cowboys. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I could see him being out of football soon.

    Yep, this is the 2nd phase of that rapidly approaching inevitability, and he only has to look in the mirror for the reason why.... Dude has physical talent for sure, but inside he's still that guy that tried to evade the police and most likely always will be. 

    @d-bone said:

    inside he's still that guy that tried to evade the police

    Did you see a couple of weeks ago where on the sideline he was headbutting the players coming off the field, each and every one of 'em....and they all had their helmets on but he didn't.    Now, is that supposed to show how tough he is?  Or how stupid he is?   Answer: it's to be noticed.  It's to make it about him.  -  He didn't want to look towards OBJ's side of the field.  OBJ is too big of an entity.  He felt it would've become about OBJ and not him.  And it's gotta be about him.  It's his attitude that is most of his problem. (and that he misses guys high over the middle)

    Plant that flag.  

  • Oh yea, I saw it, and I believe I called him a "look at me, fake as fuck poser" somewhere on here.  

  • What wasn't mentioned was that Baker's car was parked across 3 spaces with paint on the bumper from the tricycles he sideswiped on the way to the stadium.

  • By the way, if you haven't been paying attention, the other Heisman winning QB from Oklahoma in the NFL right now is absolutely lighting shit up... 

    Jalen Hurts has thrown for 2940 yards, at a 68.1% completion clip, 20 touchdown passes vs 3 interceptions AND has rushed for 609 yards and 9 more touchdowns. 

    I still go back to a game that Baker got roasted at San Fran.. back then,

    49'ers DC Robert Saleh showed many teams via that game-film what to do vs. Baker Mayfield 

    @dutch-oven said:

    By the way, if you haven't been paying attention, the other Heisman winning QB from Oklahoma in the NFL right now is absolutely lighting shit up... 

    Jalen Hurts has thrown for 2940 yards, at a 68.1% completion clip, 20 touchdown passes vs 3 interceptions AND has rushed for 609 yards and 9 more touchdowns. 

    Call me confused...

    Jalen Hurts played at Alabama 3 years.. Oklahoma 1 in his final year.. lost the Heisman to Joe Borrow..

    What's kinda funny is..I think your mixing up former? Oklahoma Heisman winner Zona QB Kyler Murray..Who has the same short /snappy attitude of Baker Mayfield?