Skip to content

Mayfield

The Browns Board
381 39 19.4k 2
  • By the way, if you haven't been paying attention, the other Heisman winning QB from Oklahoma in the NFL right now is absolutely lighting shit up... 

    Jalen Hurts has thrown for 2940 yards, at a 68.1% completion clip, 20 touchdown passes vs 3 interceptions AND has rushed for 609 yards and 9 more touchdowns. 

  • @axe said:

    9ers are probably pretty desperate.

    I hope the Heisman commercial's pay well 😉

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

    I think with Jimmy G out for the season, it would be the logical place for him to land.

    Since we’re talking former Browns players, where do you think Odell Beckham will go?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Like I said on the other Baker thread, the 49ers would not be dumb if they picked him up. 

    With that team, he wouldn't be asked to be great. He could possibly try and emulate what Jacoby did here for 11 games. 

    I think with Jimmy G out for the season, it would be the logical place for him to land.

    Since we’re talking former Browns players, where do you think Odell Beckham will go?

    @canton-dawg said:

    I think with Jimmy G out for the season, it would be the logical place for him to land.

    Since we’re talking former Browns players, where do you think Odell Beckham will go?

    That's a good question, because I'm not sure who will take a guy who will not work out for a team before signing with them. 

    He's been linked with the Giants, Bills and Cowboys. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I could see him being out of football soon.

    Yep, this is the 2nd phase of that rapidly approaching inevitability, and he only has to look in the mirror for the reason why.... Dude has physical talent for sure, but inside he's still that guy that tried to evade the police and most likely always will be. 

    @d-bone said:

    inside he's still that guy that tried to evade the police

    Did you see a couple of weeks ago where on the sideline he was headbutting the players coming off the field, each and every one of 'em....and they all had their helmets on but he didn't.    Now, is that supposed to show how tough he is?  Or how stupid he is?   Answer: it's to be noticed.  It's to make it about him.  -  He didn't want to look towards OBJ's side of the field.  OBJ is too big of an entity.  He felt it would've become about OBJ and not him.  And it's gotta be about him.  It's his attitude that is most of his problem. (and that he misses guys high over the middle)

    Plant that flag.  

  • Oh yea, I saw it, and I believe I called him a "look at me, fake as fuck poser" somewhere on here.  

  • What wasn't mentioned was that Baker's car was parked across 3 spaces with paint on the bumper from the tricycles he sideswiped on the way to the stadium.

  • By the way, if you haven't been paying attention, the other Heisman winning QB from Oklahoma in the NFL right now is absolutely lighting shit up... 

    Jalen Hurts has thrown for 2940 yards, at a 68.1% completion clip, 20 touchdown passes vs 3 interceptions AND has rushed for 609 yards and 9 more touchdowns. 

    I still go back to a game that Baker got roasted at San Fran.. back then,

    49'ers DC Robert Saleh showed many teams via that game-film what to do vs. Baker Mayfield 

    @dutch-oven said:

    By the way, if you haven't been paying attention, the other Heisman winning QB from Oklahoma in the NFL right now is absolutely lighting shit up... 

    Jalen Hurts has thrown for 2940 yards, at a 68.1% completion clip, 20 touchdown passes vs 3 interceptions AND has rushed for 609 yards and 9 more touchdowns. 

    Call me confused...

    Jalen Hurts played at Alabama 3 years.. Oklahoma 1 in his final year.. lost the Heisman to Joe Borrow..

    What's kinda funny is..I think your mixing up former? Oklahoma Heisman winner Zona QB Kyler Murray..Who has the same short /snappy attitude of Baker Mayfield? 

  • Yup, Baker went from "The Toast of the Town"  to just plain "Toast"...  I agree, he's Niners bound, they're in dire straits for a QB...  Should he flop there, the Baker Boosters Club will have run out of excuses for the guy.   

    I did say we'll soon enough see if Mayfield just needed a fresh start, or as some around here opined,  as our one hit wonder Derek Anderson- NFL defensive coordinators figured Baker out. And sure seems like Stefanski and Berry were 100% correct in their appraisal that Baker was flat out never going to be good enough to get the Browns to the Super Bowl Promised Land.  Take a bow Tia, sure looks like you were right. 

    That said, it brings me no joy to see yet another of our first round QB picks flame out early.  

  • Yup, Baker went from "The Toast of the Town"  to just plain "Toast"...  I agree, he's Niners bound, they're in dire straits for a QB...  Should he flop there, the Baker Boosters Club will have run out of excuses for the guy.   

    I did say we'll soon enough see if Mayfield just needed a fresh start, or as some around here opined,  as our one hit wonder Derek Anderson- NFL defensive coordinators figured Baker out. And sure seems like Stefanski and Berry were 100% correct in their appraisal that Baker was flat out never going to be good enough to get the Browns to the Super Bowl Promised Land.  Take a bow Tia, sure looks like you were right. 

    That said, it brings me no joy to see yet another of our first round QB picks flame out early.  

    @hoorta said:

    Yup, Baker went from "The Toast of the Town"  to just plain "Toast"...  I agree, he's Niners bound, they're in dire straits for a QB...  

    I did say we'll see soon enough RE: if Mayfield just needed a fresh start, or as some around here opined, and as our one hit wonder Derek Anderson- NFL defensive coordinators figured Baker out. Take a bow Tia, sure looks like you were right. 

    That said, it brings me no joy to see yet another of our first round QB picks flame out early.  

    And Carolina isn't a birthing ground for QB development.. Unless your counting Jake Delhomme...

  • @hoorta said:

    Yup, Baker went from "The Toast of the Town"  to just plain "Toast"...  I agree, he's Niners bound, they're in dire straits for a QB...  

    I did say we'll see soon enough RE: if Mayfield just needed a fresh start, or as some around here opined, and as our one hit wonder Derek Anderson- NFL defensive coordinators figured Baker out. Take a bow Tia, sure looks like you were right. 

    That said, it brings me no joy to see yet another of our first round QB picks flame out early.  

    And Carolina isn't a birthing ground for QB development.. Unless your counting Jake Delhomme...

    @nickers said:

    And Carolina isn't a birthing ground for QB development.. Unless your counting Jake Delhomme...

    True, but the expectations in Carolina were he was going to step right in and be "the answer" at quarterback. Excuse me, but 5th season Baker wasn't supposed to be a "developmental project", come right on down, and start winning games for us.. He got his shot..  All things being equal, he couldn't beat out the proven suckitude that is Sam Darnold. 

    Do you remember what I opined way back? That Baker's ceiling was probably Andy Dalton's.....  Can be effective if the  cast surrounding him is 100% perfect.  It may well turn out that may even be too optimistic for poor Mr. Mayfield.  

  • @nickers said:

    And Carolina isn't a birthing ground for QB development.. Unless your counting Jake Delhomme...

    True, but the expectations in Carolina were he was going to step right in and be "the answer" at quarterback. Excuse me, but 5th season Baker wasn't supposed to be a "developmental project", come right on down, and start winning games for us.. He got his shot..  All things being equal, he couldn't beat out the proven suckitude that is Sam Darnold. 

    Do you remember what I opined way back? That Baker's ceiling was probably Andy Dalton's.....  Can be effective if the  cast surrounding him is 100% perfect.  It may well turn out that may even be too optimistic for poor Mr. Mayfield.  

    @hoorta said:

    True, but the expectations in Carolina were he was going to step right in and be "the answer" at quarterback. Excuse me, but 5th season Baker wasn't supposed to be a "developmental project", come right on down, and start winning games for us.. He got his shot..  All things being equal, he couldn't beat out the proven suckitude that is Sam Darnold. 

    Do you remember what I opined way back? That Baker's ceiling was probably Andy Dalton's.....  Can be effective if the  cast surrounding him is 100% perfect.  It may well turn out that may even be too optimistic for poor Mr. Mayfield.  

    Every quarterback needs a team to play it's best. Look at Tom Brady's recent visit to Cleveland. Where would massage parlor boy be without special teams and defense?

    WSS

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I understand the low opinion of his talents, but not the hatred for the guy.

    I share the opinion of him delivering inferior performance , and also that he is a weird motherfucker.

    However, he loved the Browns and his heart was 100% with the team. So the hate is because he busted? No, it's because he is weird?

    How we so quickly forget.  He had done what has never been done before.

    The guy beat Pittsburgh. In their house. In the playoffs. After that game we wanted to build a statue of him.

    Just curious, do you ever recall Baker playing a game as horrific as Watson did on Sunday?

  • I still go back to a game that Baker got roasted at San Fran.. back then,

    49'ers DC Robert Saleh showed many teams via that game-film what to do vs. Baker Mayfield 

    @dutch-oven said:

    By the way, if you haven't been paying attention, the other Heisman winning QB from Oklahoma in the NFL right now is absolutely lighting shit up... 

    Jalen Hurts has thrown for 2940 yards, at a 68.1% completion clip, 20 touchdown passes vs 3 interceptions AND has rushed for 609 yards and 9 more touchdowns. 

    Call me confused...

    Jalen Hurts played at Alabama 3 years.. Oklahoma 1 in his final year.. lost the Heisman to Joe Borrow..

    What's kinda funny is..I think your mixing up former? Oklahoma Heisman winner Zona QB Kyler Murray..Who has the same short /snappy attitude of Baker Mayfield? 

    @gumby73 said:

    Call me confused...

    Jalen Hurts played at Alabama 3 years.. Oklahoma 1 in his final year.. lost the Heisman to Joe Borrow..

    What's kinda funny is..I think your mixing up former? Oklahoma Heisman winner Zona QB Kyler Murray..Who has the same short /snappy attitude of Baker Mayfield? 

    A thousand apologies, you are absolutely correct, I did mix the two up!

    Helluva year Mr. Jalen "I Almost Won the Heisman at Oklahoma" Hurts ☺️

  • I'm going to repost this here.  For you Baker lovers.

    Did you see a couple of weeks ago where on the sideline he was headbutting the players coming off the field, each and every one of 'em....and they all had their helmets on but he didn't.    Now, is that supposed to show how tough he is?  Or how stupid he is?   Answer: it's to be noticed.  It's to make it about him.  -  He didn't want to look towards OBJ's side of the field.  OBJ is too big of an entity.  He felt it would've become about OBJ and not him.  And it's gotta be about him.  It's his attitude that is most of his problem. (and that he misses guys high over the middle)

    Plant that flag. 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I understand the low opinion of his talents, but not the hatred for the guy.

    I share the opinion of him delivering inferior performance , and also that he is a weird motherfucker.

    However, he loved the Browns and his heart was 100% with the team. So the hate is because he busted? No, it's because he is weird?

    How we so quickly forget.  He had done what has never been done before.

    The guy beat Pittsburgh. In their house. In the playoffs. After that game we wanted to build a statue of him.

    Just curious, do you ever recall Baker playing a game as horrific as Watson did on Sunday?

    @fy56 said:

    How we so quickly forget.  He had done what has never been done before.

    The guy beat Pittsburgh. In their house. In the playoffs. After that game we wanted to build a statue of him.

    Just curious, do you ever recall Baker playing a game as horrific as Watson did on Sunday?

    No but he's had some doozies.. the difference was Baker had injuries to use as a valid reason... As I have stated.. I have seen rookies come off the street cold with 0 exp perform better against better teams than the trash Watson faced Sunday... The excuses won't hold around here long... Meaning I'll give Watson the same amount of rope some of you twits gave Mayfield..

  • I'm going to repost this here.  For you Baker lovers.

    Did you see a couple of weeks ago where on the sideline he was headbutting the players coming off the field, each and every one of 'em....and they all had their helmets on but he didn't.    Now, is that supposed to show how tough he is?  Or how stupid he is?   Answer: it's to be noticed.  It's to make it about him.  -  He didn't want to look towards OBJ's side of the field.  OBJ is too big of an entity.  He felt it would've become about OBJ and not him.  And it's gotta be about him.  It's his attitude that is most of his problem. (and that he misses guys high over the middle)

    Plant that flag. 

    @orion said:

    I'm going to repost this here.  For you Baker lovers.

    Did you see a couple of weeks ago where on the sideline he was headbutting the players coming off the field, each and every one of 'em....and they all had their helmets on but he didn't.    Now, is that supposed to show how tough he is?  Or how stupid he is?   Answer: it's to be noticed.  It's to make it about him.  -  He didn't want to look towards OBJ's side of the field.  OBJ is too big of an entity.  He felt it would've become about OBJ and not him.  And it's gotta be about him.  It's his attitude that is most of his problem. (and that he misses guys high over the middle)

    Plant that flag. 

    Actually.. No He actually earned some respect down there... Players spoke highly of him upon his departure.. But you'll just call it lip service I'm sure... Not saying BM doesnt have issues... The fact that were still gabbing about him means he clearly rents free space in the minds of his detractors... Let it go man...

  • @fy56 said:

    How we so quickly forget.  He had done what has never been done before.

    The guy beat Pittsburgh. In their house. In the playoffs. After that game we wanted to build a statue of him.

    Just curious, do you ever recall Baker playing a game as horrific as Watson did on Sunday?

    No but he's had some doozies.. the difference was Baker had injuries to use as a valid reason... As I have stated.. I have seen rookies come off the street cold with 0 exp perform better against better teams than the trash Watson faced Sunday... The excuses won't hold around here long... Meaning I'll give Watson the same amount of rope some of you twits gave Mayfield..

    @nickers said:

    No but he's had some doozies.. the difference was Baker had injuries to use as a valid reason... As I have stated.. I have seen rookies come off the street cold with 0 exp perform better against better teams than the trash Watson faced Sunday... The excuses won't hold around here long... Meaning I'll give Watson the same amount of rope some of you twits gave Mayfield..

    I believe it was a couple days prior to playing the Texans one Browns player had said it felt like Watson had never left.

    Recalling that quote after that game gave me reason to laugh.  He was that bad huh?

  • @nickers said:

    No but he's had some doozies.. the difference was Baker had injuries to use as a valid reason... As I have stated.. I have seen rookies come off the street cold with 0 exp perform better against better teams than the trash Watson faced Sunday... The excuses won't hold around here long... Meaning I'll give Watson the same amount of rope some of you twits gave Mayfield..

    I believe it was a couple days prior to playing the Texans one Browns player had said it felt like Watson had never left.

    Recalling that quote after that game gave me reason to laugh.  He was that bad huh?

    @fy56 said:

    I believe it was a couple days prior to playing the Texans one Browns player had said it felt like Watson had never left.

    Recalling that quote after that game gave me reason to laugh.  He was that bad huh?

    Yeah, our 200+ million dollar quarterback Watson WAS that bad. The Browns defense and special teams outscored the offense. A Bengals fan told me the way Deshaun was skipping passes off the turf, he should try out for the Cavaliers. 

    But regarding Baker never having lousy games IIRC, he had a few with a sub 10 qbr. I'm not going to waste time checking Pro Football Reference to verify that. 🙂

  • @fy56 said:

    I believe it was a couple days prior to playing the Texans one Browns player had said it felt like Watson had never left.

    Recalling that quote after that game gave me reason to laugh.  He was that bad huh?

    Yeah, our 200+ million dollar quarterback Watson WAS that bad. The Browns defense and special teams outscored the offense. A Bengals fan told me the way Deshaun was skipping passes off the turf, he should try out for the Cavaliers. 

    But regarding Baker never having lousy games IIRC, he had a few with a sub 10 qbr. I'm not going to waste time checking Pro Football Reference to verify that. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    But regarding Baker never having lousy games IIRC, he had a few with a sub 10 qbr. I'm not going to waste time checking Pro Football Reference to verify that. 🙂

    You get what you pay for.

    1E6BF597-6584-4F97-B1D6-AFD05C86F798.jpeg