Skip to content

​ "The"  ?  Official Browns at Bengals Game 13 Thread  • WEEK 14 •  ? ​

The Browns Board
280 29 6.4k 1
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Todays 49ers vs Buccaneers game is rookie Brock Purdy vs Tom Brady.

    It is the largest age difference between starting QBs in the history of the NFL. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #9

    On this date, 1949, the Browns win their fourth and last AAFC Championship. In front of a small crowd of 22,000 at Cleveland Stadium, the Browns beat the 49ers 21-7.

    browns 1949 title.jpeg

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I think the reason the Browns seem to match up well against Cincinnati is that they aren't a very physical team. 

    One of these days they are going to wake up and try and exploit the soft center that is the Browns defense.

    Last time they got behind the sticks which prevented them from doing so. Let's hope history repeats itself today.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @flugel said:

    Last time they got behind the sticks which prevented them from doing so. Let's hope history repeats itself today.

    after watching the Bengals-Chiefs game again on record.....

    the Bengals are coming to form, with Chase back. Should be quite a battle out there.

    Burrow has been able to change plays, etc - and he's on fire. Hurst is out - interesting to see

    just how good Wilcox can be at TE for the Bengals.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #11

    Weather in Cincinnati:

    Temps in the lower 40s, overcast, small chance of rain. 

    Not too bad for football in December in the AFC North. 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I would expect Cincy to put 8 guys on the line to slow down Chubb, and and dare DW to beat them.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Time to keep Joe Burrow winless against the Browns!

    I actually really like the kid, but I'd like for him to have to sit for nine months until the beginning of the 2023 season stewing on the fact that he's still winless vs the Browns more. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @dutch-oven said:

    I actually really like the kid, but I'd like for him to have to sit for nine months until the beginning of the 2023 season stewing on the fact that he's still winless vs the Browns more. 

    I have always admired Joe, the last High School Championship game I attended he was the QB for Athens.

    I watched him toss 6 TD passes in that game, and knew he was something special.

    When he committed to Ohio State I was thrilled, and when they let him walk to LSU….I was pissed.

  • I would expect Cincy to put 8 guys on the line to slow down Chubb, and and dare DW to beat them.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would expect Cincy to put 8 guys on the line to slow down Chubb, and and dare DW to beat them.

    Njoku is playing, right?

    Would be a great time for play-action passes downfield to him to get those safeties back.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I actually really like the kid, but I'd like for him to have to sit for nine months until the beginning of the 2023 season stewing on the fact that he's still winless vs the Browns more. 

    I have always admired Joe, the last High School Championship game I attended he was the QB for Athens.

    I watched him toss 6 TD passes in that game, and knew he was something special.

    When he committed to Ohio State I was thrilled, and when they let him walk to LSU….I was pissed.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @canton-dawg said:

    I have always admired Joe, the last High School Championship game I attended he was the QB for Athens.

    I watched him toss 6 TD passes in that game, and knew he was something special.

    When he committed to Ohio State I was thrilled, and when they let him walk to LSU….I was pissed.

    Unfortunately the Browns didn't have the #1 overall pick the season he came out in the NFL Draft.

  • I would expect Cincy to put 8 guys on the line to slow down Chubb, and and dare DW to beat them.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would expect Cincy to put 8 guys on the line to slow down Chubb, and and dare DW to beat them.

    good fuck em Amari will just burn them deep(yes he is gonna play today)

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I would expect Cincy to put 8 guys on the line to slow down Chubb, and and dare DW to beat them.

    Njoku is playing, right?

    Would be a great time for play-action passes downfield to him to get those safeties back.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Njoku is playing, right?

    Would be a great time for play-action passes downfield to him to get those safeties back.

    he's playing so is cooper

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #18

    23 mins to kick off we win the coin toss we win the game 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The Battle Of OHIO is set to begin GO BROWNS   see ya all at the half

  • sydS syd

    23 mins to kick off we win the coin toss we win the game 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @syd said:

    23 mins to kick off we win the coin toss we win the game 

    We'll see, because they did win the coin toss ?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #21

    Myles got pressure on Joe B already

    3 and out

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #22

    One of the Bengals CBs is down, and they already lost one of their starters for the season. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #23

    So far, so good for Watson. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24

    That screen play made my butthole pucker just a bit. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #25

    That was a nifty option run by Watson, well-designed.

    I thought he made it for a first down, but apparently not.

    And Brissett just air mails a wide open DPJ. 

    Ugh.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Our coach thinks he's the smartest man in the room......... He is mistaken. 

  • That screen play made my butthole pucker just a bit. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @dutch-oven said:

    That screen play made my butthole pucker just a bit. 

    Watson says the same thing, but for different reasons...