Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Ravens

The Browns Board
52 13 2.4k 1
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #1

    image.png.d49523ce2b4b269c80ef9cf2bb52542c.png

    Game 3 of the 2022 Pre Season of the 2023 Season.

    Our interest is now on the development of our new QB.  And this game will be a major test for the offense....especially the offensive line.  The Ravens are wicked good against the run and they get after the QB.  Apparently, if you can get the ball off you can do some damage against their pass defense...but our OL is not now playing like a top notch OL.  And their top notch running game against our 22nd ranked run D...with MORE LB'ers out this week.....umm....well, the numbers just don't look good.  Without Jackson, we can't tell what the outcome will be.

    I'll go out on a limb and say that Watson won't look all that good against their D this week.  But then, Chubb probably won't either...and we know that Chubb isn't a problem.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I fully expect the raturds to run all over us. Maybe even 250 yards or so. They might even throw fewer then 15 passes

    As for the Browns, more stupid penalties, bad play calling and horrible tackling

    I hope I’m wrong but it sure doesn’t look good 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I'll curious to see how Watson deals with real grass and blustery lakefront weather. 

    Being a QB in the north at this time of year isn't for everyone.. 

  • I'll curious to see how Watson deals with real grass and blustery lakefront weather. 

    Being a QB in the north at this time of year isn't for everyone.. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    The Ravens are not a complete package

    Right.  They do it with running the ball, defending the run and rushing the passer.  Of course Jackson is their leading rusher...but their host of real RB's have been productive.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll curious to see how Watson deals with real grass and blustery lakefront weather. 

    Being a QB in the north at this time of year isn't for everyone.. 

    ...and prior to 230 million reasons, it wasn't for him...like, at all!

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    The Ravens are not a complete package

    Right.  They do it with running the ball, defending the run and rushing the passer.  Of course Jackson is their leading rusher...but their host of real RB's have been productive.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll curious to see how Watson deals with real grass and blustery lakefront weather. 

    Being a QB in the north at this time of year isn't for everyone.. 

    ...and prior to 230 million reasons, it wasn't for him...like, at all!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @orion said:

    ...and prior to 230 million reasons, it wasn't for him...like, at all!

    Are you implying that a professional athlete chose the team he wanted to play for based on what team offered him the best contract?

    THIS MOST LIKELY HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! ?

  • @orion said:

    ...and prior to 230 million reasons, it wasn't for him...like, at all!

    Are you implying that a professional athlete chose the team he wanted to play for based on what team offered him the best contract?

    THIS MOST LIKELY HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! ?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @dutch-oven said:

    Are you implying that a professional athlete chose the team he wanted to play for based on what team offered him the best contract?

    THIS MOST LIKELY HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! ?

    I remember listening to one of Watson's college coaches on an interview call with The Fan radio.  It was a few days before he signed with us.  His coach basically said that Cleveland has absolutely NO chance at getting Watson.  That he absolutely HATES their winter weather and would never go to a team that has that kind of weather.  🙂  

    And then the next day it was announced that Cleveland was out of the running for Watson and that it would be New Orleans or Atlanta.

    And then the NEXT day it was announced that he's a Cleveland Brown.   I was like, What the hell caused that?  And then I heard about the fully guaranteed 230 million reasons.   Just another mercenary.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Are you implying that a professional athlete chose the team he wanted to play for based on what team offered him the best contract?

    THIS MOST LIKELY HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! ?

    I remember listening to one of Watson's college coaches on an interview call with The Fan radio.  It was a few days before he signed with us.  His coach basically said that Cleveland has absolutely NO chance at getting Watson.  That he absolutely HATES their winter weather and would never go to a team that has that kind of weather.  🙂  

    And then the next day it was announced that Cleveland was out of the running for Watson and that it would be New Orleans or Atlanta.

    And then the NEXT day it was announced that he's a Cleveland Brown.   I was like, What the hell caused that?  And then I heard about the fully guaranteed 230 million reasons.   Just another mercenary.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #7

    @orion said:

    I remember listening to one of Watson's college coaches on an interview call with The Fan radio.  It was a few days before he signed with us.  His coach basically said that Cleveland has absolutely NO chance at getting Watson.  That he absolutely HATES their winter weather and would never go to a team that has that kind of weather.  🙂  

    And then the next day it was announced that Cleveland was out of the running for Watson and that it would be New Orleans or Atlanta.

    And then the NEXT day it was announced that he's a Cleveland Brown.   I was like, What the hell caused that?  And then I heard about the fully guaranteed 230 million reasons.   Just another mercenary.

    Some of us would never relocate no matter the money involved.  I have to think it may have been a factor but definitely not a deciding factor.   Atlanta, Carolina or anyone else actively pursuing him has to go on the road too and play in lousy weather. 
     

    And there is No amount money that I’d take to go and live in places like El Paso, TX.,  St. George, UT, Pittsburgh for (obvious and not so obvious reasons) or a region like central PA.  Right before I moved to Southern California I almost relocated to Scranton, PA….it was Youngstown Ohio…with no family and subpar Italian and polish food and some of most worst pizza I’ve ever had.  No offense here if I named a locale anyone resides in…to each their own.  California can be lousy too 
     

  • @orion said:

    I remember listening to one of Watson's college coaches on an interview call with The Fan radio.  It was a few days before he signed with us.  His coach basically said that Cleveland has absolutely NO chance at getting Watson.  That he absolutely HATES their winter weather and would never go to a team that has that kind of weather.  🙂  

    And then the next day it was announced that Cleveland was out of the running for Watson and that it would be New Orleans or Atlanta.

    And then the NEXT day it was announced that he's a Cleveland Brown.   I was like, What the hell caused that?  And then I heard about the fully guaranteed 230 million reasons.   Just another mercenary.

    Some of us would never relocate no matter the money involved.  I have to think it may have been a factor but definitely not a deciding factor.   Atlanta, Carolina or anyone else actively pursuing him has to go on the road too and play in lousy weather. 
     

    And there is No amount money that I’d take to go and live in places like El Paso, TX.,  St. George, UT, Pittsburgh for (obvious and not so obvious reasons) or a region like central PA.  Right before I moved to Southern California I almost relocated to Scranton, PA….it was Youngstown Ohio…with no family and subpar Italian and polish food and some of most worst pizza I’ve ever had.  No offense here if I named a locale anyone resides in…to each their own.  California can be lousy too 
     

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @sdbacker80 said:

     I almost relocated to Scranton, PA….it was Youngstown Ohio…with no family and subpar Italian and polish food and some of most worst pizza I’ve ever had.  

    Michael Scott: Guess who just ordered from your favorite pizza place, Alfredo?
    Kevin: Wait. Alfredo's pizza cafe? Or Pizza by Alfredo?
    Michael Scott: Same thing. [everyone groans] You know what, I don't understand when you all talk at the same time!
    Kevin: Oscar, talk to him.
    Oscar: Michael, there's a very big difference between these two pizza places. Both in quality of ingredients and in overall taste. Which one did you order from?
    Michael Scott: Pizza by Alfredo. [everyone groans] All right, you know what? Okay, okay. What is better, a medium amount of good pizza, or all you can eat of pretty good pizza?
    All: A medium amount of good pizza.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

     I almost relocated to Scranton, PA….it was Youngstown Ohio…with no family and subpar Italian and polish food and some of most worst pizza I’ve ever had.  

    Michael Scott: Guess who just ordered from your favorite pizza place, Alfredo?
    Kevin: Wait. Alfredo's pizza cafe? Or Pizza by Alfredo?
    Michael Scott: Same thing. [everyone groans] You know what, I don't understand when you all talk at the same time!
    Kevin: Oscar, talk to him.
    Oscar: Michael, there's a very big difference between these two pizza places. Both in quality of ingredients and in overall taste. Which one did you order from?
    Michael Scott: Pizza by Alfredo. [everyone groans] All right, you know what? Okay, okay. What is better, a medium amount of good pizza, or all you can eat of pretty good pizza?
    All: A medium amount of good pizza.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @dutch-oven said:

    Michael Scott: Guess who just ordered from your favorite pizza place, Alfredo?
    Kevin: Wait. Alfredo's pizza cafe? Or Pizza by Alfredo?
    Michael Scott: Same thing. [everyone groans] You know what, I don't understand when you all talk at the same time!
    Kevin: Oscar, talk to him.
    Oscar: Michael, there's a very big difference between these two pizza places. Both in quality of ingredients and in overall taste. Which one did you order from?
    Michael Scott: Pizza by Alfredo. [everyone groans] All right, you know what? Okay, okay. What is better, a medium amount of good pizza, or all you can eat of pretty good pizza?
    All: A medium amount of good pizza.

    I should have known an Office Quote/script was coming 

  • @orion said:

    I remember listening to one of Watson's college coaches on an interview call with The Fan radio.  It was a few days before he signed with us.  His coach basically said that Cleveland has absolutely NO chance at getting Watson.  That he absolutely HATES their winter weather and would never go to a team that has that kind of weather.  🙂  

    And then the next day it was announced that Cleveland was out of the running for Watson and that it would be New Orleans or Atlanta.

    And then the NEXT day it was announced that he's a Cleveland Brown.   I was like, What the hell caused that?  And then I heard about the fully guaranteed 230 million reasons.   Just another mercenary.

    Some of us would never relocate no matter the money involved.  I have to think it may have been a factor but definitely not a deciding factor.   Atlanta, Carolina or anyone else actively pursuing him has to go on the road too and play in lousy weather. 
     

    And there is No amount money that I’d take to go and live in places like El Paso, TX.,  St. George, UT, Pittsburgh for (obvious and not so obvious reasons) or a region like central PA.  Right before I moved to Southern California I almost relocated to Scranton, PA….it was Youngstown Ohio…with no family and subpar Italian and polish food and some of most worst pizza I’ve ever had.  No offense here if I named a locale anyone resides in…to each their own.  California can be lousy too 
     

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Atlanta, Carolina or anyone else actively pursuing him has to go on the road too and play in lousy weather. 

    Yes, but you get to go home after the game.

  • @orion said:

    I remember listening to one of Watson's college coaches on an interview call with The Fan radio.  It was a few days before he signed with us.  His coach basically said that Cleveland has absolutely NO chance at getting Watson.  That he absolutely HATES their winter weather and would never go to a team that has that kind of weather.  🙂  

    And then the next day it was announced that Cleveland was out of the running for Watson and that it would be New Orleans or Atlanta.

    And then the NEXT day it was announced that he's a Cleveland Brown.   I was like, What the hell caused that?  And then I heard about the fully guaranteed 230 million reasons.   Just another mercenary.

    Some of us would never relocate no matter the money involved.  I have to think it may have been a factor but definitely not a deciding factor.   Atlanta, Carolina or anyone else actively pursuing him has to go on the road too and play in lousy weather. 
     

    And there is No amount money that I’d take to go and live in places like El Paso, TX.,  St. George, UT, Pittsburgh for (obvious and not so obvious reasons) or a region like central PA.  Right before I moved to Southern California I almost relocated to Scranton, PA….it was Youngstown Ohio…with no family and subpar Italian and polish food and some of most worst pizza I’ve ever had.  No offense here if I named a locale anyone resides in…to each their own.  California can be lousy too 
     

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Some of us would never relocate no matter the money involved.  
     

    .... St. George, UT, Pittsburgh 
     

    My oldest son & his family live in Houston, holy crap is it muggy down there. 

    My middle son lives in Phoenix....HOT!!

    Both are good places to visit in the fall/winter though. I couldn't live there year round.

    St. George, Ut...gateway to all those National Parks, what's wrong with it, I'm curious.

    Pittsburgh, yeah. My sister has lived there since 1987. Married a Steeler fan & all their kids are Steeler fans, hate the Browns.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Atlanta, Carolina or anyone else actively pursuing him has to go on the road too and play in lousy weather. 

    Yes, but you get to go home after the game.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @orion said:

    Yes, but you get to go home after the game.

    He’s got that big cozy house and probably private air travel aside from that He’s got to suck it up I guess from Mid-October to January 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #13

    dont turn the ball over limit penalties  a few big plays from watson would be nice and we win simple as that some people try to make the game to complicated 

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by Neo
    #14

    Once again, late in the season with nothing to really play for. Lots of guy going down so this will be a time for somebody to step up and maybe we can find another diamond in the rough. As i said before I have already made my mind up about Watson, not going to panic, even if he comes out and throws 5 interceptions( would be unfortunate but). I'm going to give him the same time I gave Mayfield, all I'm looking for is improvement which I believe we will see. This is like his pre-season, if he comes out at the start of next season and stinks then I will be concerned. If he stinks 8 games into next season then I will panic. 

    Players aside, I want to see improvement out of the coaching staff. If these guys can't show any kind of ability to make adjustment then I say shit can them all and just hope the new guy doesn't gut the roster. The biggest thing holding this team back aside from injuries are these morons. I mean, Stefanski showed so much promise when he got here and then suddenly turned into the Pat Shurmurs/Romeo Crennels/Hue Jacksons of season's past. I mean what the hell??‍♂️

  • N Neo

    Once again, late in the season with nothing to really play for. Lots of guy going down so this will be a time for somebody to step up and maybe we can find another diamond in the rough. As i said before I have already made my mind up about Watson, not going to panic, even if he comes out and throws 5 interceptions( would be unfortunate but). I'm going to give him the same time I gave Mayfield, all I'm looking for is improvement which I believe we will see. This is like his pre-season, if he comes out at the start of next season and stinks then I will be concerned. If he stinks 8 games into next season then I will panic. 

    Players aside, I want to see improvement out of the coaching staff. If these guys can't show any kind of ability to make adjustment then I say shit can them all and just hope the new guy doesn't gut the roster. The biggest thing holding this team back aside from injuries are these morons. I mean, Stefanski showed so much promise when he got here and then suddenly turned into the Pat Shurmurs/Romeo Crennels/Hue Jacksons of season's past. I mean what the hell??‍♂️

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @neo said:

    Players aside, I want to see improvement out of the coaching staff. If these guys can't show any kind of ability to make adjustment then I say shit can them all and just hope the new guy doesn't gut the roster. The biggest thing holding this team back aside from injuries are these morons. I mean, Stefanski showed so much promise when he got here and then suddenly turned into the Pat Shurmurs/Romeo Crennels/Hue Jacksons of season's past. I mean what the hell??‍♂️

    Do you sometimes this season get the impression that the coaching staff knows they are getting consistently outcoached, so that is why they do so many head-scratching moves in some kind of "let's compensate for being outcoached by outsmarting the other team!" act of desperation? 

  • @neo said:

    Players aside, I want to see improvement out of the coaching staff. If these guys can't show any kind of ability to make adjustment then I say shit can them all and just hope the new guy doesn't gut the roster. The biggest thing holding this team back aside from injuries are these morons. I mean, Stefanski showed so much promise when he got here and then suddenly turned into the Pat Shurmurs/Romeo Crennels/Hue Jacksons of season's past. I mean what the hell??‍♂️

    Do you sometimes this season get the impression that the coaching staff knows they are getting consistently outcoached, so that is why they do so many head-scratching moves in some kind of "let's compensate for being outcoached by outsmarting the other team!" act of desperation? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you sometimes this season get the impression that the coaching staff knows they are getting consistently outcoached, so that is why they do so many head-scratching moves in some kind of "let's compensate for being outcoached by outsmarting the other team!" act of desperation? 

    I'm not a big fan of the calls where people say, He's a genius if it works.  Just make a smart call.  But I DO remember having that feeling when Brian Dabol was here.  I felt like he was staying up late to come up with a 'creative' play each week because the media & everyone else wanted to run him out of town like a common pigmy.  (I'll refrain from posting Leslie Nielson and the Police Squad clip)  🙂 

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I sold water purification technology into industry and science/medical facilities in the Pittsburgh area for 12 years of my career.

    Great people, very similar NE Ohioans, just a different region. Also played a lot of music in the area. They treated me like a king.

    However, geographically, the metro area is the gloomiest fucking part of the world I have ever been to. There are no parallel and perpendicular roads. The hills can make a 4 mile drive to get 1/4 mile from where you are.

    Pittsburgh really is a fucking shithole.

    Lol....well I was a mover for 14 years before I became a fireman/paramedic. Pittsburgh neighborhoods all seemed to be on a hill. You had to carry stuff uphill all day long, nothing's flat except the kitchen countertop.

    It's not really a bad city, some good eateries. I just can't stand the dreaded Steelers. D'Anoias is my favorite restaurant there.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #18
    Kevin Grandheer@NFLGrandheer
    Browns HC Kevin Stefanski on Deshaun Watson "there are a lot of things Deshaun does better than Jacoby which makes it difficult to call plays."

    Wtf kevin does this mean??

  • Kevin Grandheer@NFLGrandheer
    Browns HC Kevin Stefanski on Deshaun Watson "there are a lot of things Deshaun does better than Jacoby which makes it difficult to call plays."

    Wtf kevin does this mean??

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @kvoethe said:

    Wtf kevin does this mean??

    That's as bad a quote as our secondary coach saying that the Bengals losing two of their starting receivers "made it harder to defend their offense". 

    I'm just done with this entire coaching staff. 

  • @neo said:

    Players aside, I want to see improvement out of the coaching staff. If these guys can't show any kind of ability to make adjustment then I say shit can them all and just hope the new guy doesn't gut the roster. The biggest thing holding this team back aside from injuries are these morons. I mean, Stefanski showed so much promise when he got here and then suddenly turned into the Pat Shurmurs/Romeo Crennels/Hue Jacksons of season's past. I mean what the hell??‍♂️

    Do you sometimes this season get the impression that the coaching staff knows they are getting consistently outcoached, so that is why they do so many head-scratching moves in some kind of "let's compensate for being outcoached by outsmarting the other team!" act of desperation? 

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you sometimes this season get the impression that the coaching staff knows they are getting consistently outcoached, so that is why they do so many head-scratching moves in some kind of "let's compensate for being outcoached by outsmarting the other team!" act of desperation? 

    I think Stefanski outcoached himself at times. Like the TE screen to Njoku that worked the first time for minimal yards then got blown up a couple of players later because the LB recognized it. I think it was Lavante David in the Bucs game. As athletic as Njoku is and the only way you can try to get him involved is a TE screen?