RIP Franco Harris.......
-
him and rocky (great story of him getting his legs shot up in vietnam only to come back and play) i guess they are going to retire francos # this weekend
They were both badasses... I believe there was a made for TV movie about Rocky Bleier made in the 80's I vaguely remember watching... Talk about a real Iron man... My stepfather was in Nam... I have mad respect for our Military veterans...
They were both badasses... I believe there was a made for TV movie about Rocky Bleier made in the 80's I vaguely remember watching... Talk about a real Iron man... My stepfather was in Nam... I have mad respect for our Military veterans...
when i get a chance i'll look it up I kinda remember watching it but that was so long ago
Merry Christmas to all are vets
-
Franco days were a little before my time but the old highlights suggest that he was a pain in our behind for many years.
I was in Vegas maybe 12-15 years ago and Franco rolled up on a Roulette table I was playing at in middle of the Casino at Mandalay Bay and had a pretty good crowd with him. The guy next to me was excited and poked me and said “hey Franco is right across the table”. I replied “I know I’m a Browns fan- I don’t care.” I ruined this guys day by the look on his face whether he was Steeler fan or football fan. I Said it loud enough and Franco smiled. I lost quickly and left the table and gave him a Go Browns.Whenever I fly into Pittsburgh I make sure to throw something Browns on his statue at the airport and I take a photo.
Rest in Peace Franco
-
I remember the verbal sparring between Harris and the greatest #32 that ever lived.
JB threatened to make a comeback amid Harris threatening to break his rushing record.
I remember the verbal sparring between Harris and the greatest #32 that ever lived.
JB threatened to make a comeback amid Harris threatening to break his rushing record.
If anyone could make a comeback JB could certainly do it... I remember something about Brown attempting a comeback with the Raiders in the 70's but Art owned the rights to his contract I believe...
-
I remember the verbal sparring between Harris and the greatest #32 that ever lived.
JB threatened to make a comeback amid Harris threatening to break his rushing record.
If anyone could make a comeback JB could certainly do it... I remember something about Brown attempting a comeback with the Raiders in the 70's but Art owned the rights to his contract I believe...
If anyone could make a comeback JB could certainly do it... I remember something about Brown attempting a comeback with the Raiders in the 70's but Art owned the rights to his contract I believe...
Yes, he considered the comeback only because Franco was threatening to break his record. Sadly he didn't want anything to do with playing for the Browns.
Franco fell short anyway.
-
I remember the verbal sparring between Harris and the greatest #32 that ever lived.
JB threatened to make a comeback amid Harris threatening to break his rushing record.
If anyone could make a comeback JB could certainly do it... I remember something about Brown attempting a comeback with the Raiders in the 70's but Art owned the rights to his contract I believe...
if anyone could make a comeback JB could certainly do it...
Jim ended up saying he could beat Franco in a footrace, which they had, and when Franco started pulling ahead Jim grabbed his hamstring and ran/limped the rest of the way.
RIP Franco. I hated ya, in a football arch rival kinda' way. Way too young. God Bless.
-
Yes RIP Franco way too early 72 same age as me. Still a classy guy with Rocky back then.
And he rarely if ever talked about the " Imaculate Deception " in which the ball did bounce up in his hands -but- no camera shot actually caught the catch. Oh well the Raiders got screwed on that one .
RIP Franco.
-
Gotta really hate the timing of this one.. earned this Pitt/Raiders weekend
Franco, I can still remember watching tv games when he played at Penn St. (Oh Nelly!)
Oddly.. When Jim Miller, on nfl radio goes rambling on about his Chicago Bears.. I flipped over to Mad dog Russo yesterday, on my way home from work to hear Franco's last interview before this weekend..
7 am.. I'm headed back to work, to find Franco passed over night..
RIP HOF'er Franco Harris ?
-
if anyone could make a comeback JB could certainly do it...
Jim ended up saying he could beat Franco in a footrace, which they had, and when Franco started pulling ahead Jim grabbed his hamstring and ran/limped the rest of the way.
RIP Franco. I hated ya, in a football arch rival kinda' way. Way too young. God Bless.
Jim ended up saying he could beat Franco in a footrace, which they had, and when Franco started pulling ahead Jim grabbed his hamstring and ran/limped the rest of the way.
RIP Franco. I hated ya, in a football arch rival kinda' way. Way too young. God Bless.
This is like the dad who used to be a star RB that wants to remind people he's still faster than his son that is currently the star RB in high school. Only this version we add 10-15 years to each guy; and I'm pulling a hamstring just thinking about it. Jim was also featured in Sports Illustrated when he reached his early 50s considering a return to the NFL. Amazingly, his physique didn't look much different than it did when he was doing bedroom gymnastics with Raquel Welch about 15 years earlier.
I could have saved them both the trouble. Franco was Lydell Mitchell's blocking back at Penn State once upon a time. Rumor had it, even if just a rumor, he was running 4.8 forties on a team that had an elite strength and conditioning program. In 71, Lydell Mitchell ran for 1567 yards, a PSU record that stood for more than 30 years. In the 3 years Harris played - he totaled 2002 yards. Both guys were drafted in 1972; and Harris had the much better NFL career as a feature Back. He never looked slow to me as a kid. I never saw DBs catching him from behind once he got an opening from the 5 OL up front (all rumored to be bench pressing over 500 lbs when that was unheard of). Best part about this guy? He was exactly like Jim Brown after he scored. He didn't rub it to the opponent or act like Terrell Owens screaming "LOOK AT ME" to the sold out crowds. He never appeared to be an "I before team" kind of guy as his experience at Penn State exemplified. When asked about his reputation of running out of bounds he said something along the lines of "they can always tackle me before I get there."
Like you alluded to above - the ONLY reason we didn't like him was because he was great player for a division rival that we we despised.
-
I remember the verbal sparring between Harris and the greatest #32 that ever lived.
JB threatened to make a comeback amid Harris threatening to break his rushing record.
If anyone could make a comeback JB could certainly do it... I remember something about Brown attempting a comeback with the Raiders in the 70's but Art owned the rights to his contract I believe...
If anyone could make a comeback JB could certainly do it... I remember something about Brown attempting a comeback with the Raiders in the 70's but Art owned the rights to his contract I believe...
Looks like you beat me to the JB come back stuff. One thing people may not know about Jim Brown was that he was an unbelievable lacrosse player at Syracuse. In a school that is usually elite - he's often said to be the best face-off guy they ever had on top of all the other things he did well in that sport.
-
I was at the Browns-Steelers game (one of the best ones) in 1972. Browns went up 20-3. Steelers took the lead on a Franco TD run, probably 70 yards...for a big back he was fast.
Cockroft won it with a last second FG 26-24. Great memories when they played in the mud & hated each other.
-
Hate the Steelers but I always respected this guy.
WSS
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
Franco's legs were fine. He kept them healthy by running out of bounds.
Fuck him. In 40 years I never once thought about him, reminisced about him wrote to him, researched him, called him, or tried to see him. There is absolutely no aspect of my life that Franco Harris touched. Furthermore, tens of thousands of Americans died today and not one mention of them.
If not for the media telling us about Harris, we wouldn't know otherwise.
When Franco played I booed him, called him cocksucker, and wished the Browns would break his legs.
So now the cocksucker is dead and what? I am supposed to weep?
Here it comes.....Ghoolie, have respect.
I didn't respect this asshole when he was alive, and I don't give a fuck that he is dead.
Is his wife still giving blowjobs? I could be up for that.
As far as I can tell, there is no aspect of my life that any pro athlete has touched.
How about JB? Has he touched your life in any way?
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
Franco's legs were fine. He kept them healthy by running out of bounds.
Fuck him. In 40 years I never once thought about him, reminisced about him wrote to him, researched him, called him, or tried to see him. There is absolutely no aspect of my life that Franco Harris touched. Furthermore, tens of thousands of Americans died today and not one mention of them.
If not for the media telling us about Harris, we wouldn't know otherwise.
When Franco played I booed him, called him cocksucker, and wished the Browns would break his legs.
So now the cocksucker is dead and what? I am supposed to weep?
Here it comes.....Ghoolie, have respect.
I didn't respect this asshole when he was alive, and I don't give a fuck that he is dead.
Is his wife still giving blowjobs? I could be up for that.
America's favorite former Altar Boy has spoken.
Today, it has been said that Reverend Ghoolie starts every mass or service with "Give your soul to God because your ass belongs to me." It seems to be working too; because he is setting all kinds of impressive records with the weekly collections. Okay, so he has a tendency to forget about 60% of the 10 Commandments. Nobody is perfect. We're not supposed to judge others unless it's Haslam, Depodesta, Stefanski or Woods. Remember that!
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
I didn't judge him. If we are being spiritual them recall idol worship is also a big no no.
I talked about his playing. He ran out of bounds to avoid getting hit. He was a pussy. Jim Brown called him a pussy.
Again, nobody here has any connection to this fucktard. It is even idiotic to give condolences here because nobody in his life gives a flying fuck about us.
If you went to Franco's funeral, his family would have you arrested for trespassing.
Fuck Franco, fuck the Steelers.
I was just busting your balls. I don't care if you hate former Steelers. I was having more fun with your potty mouth Shakespeare. I'm still LMAO about you being an altar boy on Sundays; and the big kid at the bus stop that takes other kids' lunch money - while informing the rest there is no Santa Claus.
-
o.k so i need naja harrison or what ever his fucking name is to get me 50 points in fantasy football and ofcourse he sucks fuck him i hate both teams playing tonight
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
Fuck Franco, fuck the Steelers.
Fuck the Steelers. Couldn't agree more.
Except I'm concerned about the possibility that they may have found their QB, and the possibility that Watson won't be the QB we bargained for.
I read that Pickett was clutch in last minute winning drives, in back-to-back games. First time that happened in NFL history for a rookie.
You seem to have a football mind, having the ability to put things in perspective.
Tell me I shouldn't be concerned..!!!
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login