So, how does my New Year start off?
-
@sdbacker80indeed, we are in agreement after all.
-
-
Introducing the 2023 Ohio State Buckeyes Recruiting Class:
Can they stop the run?
-
I’m really tired of the talking head narrative that Ohio State played a perfect game and still came up short.
-
I’m really tired of the talking head narrative that Ohio State played a perfect game and still came up short.
I’m really tired of the talking head narrative that Ohio State played a perfect game and still came up short.
Considering they didn't have their top 2 WRs, TEs and RBs, I say that isn't that far-fetched, at least offensively. As disgusted as I was with Ohio State after the TTUN game, I was proud of them for how they played Georgia.
Defensively? That's a different story. I like JTT, but he's not the Bosa brothers or Chase Young, yet.
And what happend to Ohio State and the corner back position?
-
I’m really tired of the talking head narrative that Ohio State played a perfect game and still came up short.
Considering they didn't have their top 2 WRs, TEs and RBs, I say that isn't that far-fetched, at least offensively. As disgusted as I was with Ohio State after the TTUN game, I was proud of them for how they played Georgia.
Defensively? That's a different story. I like JTT, but he's not the Bosa brothers or Chase Young, yet.
And what happend to Ohio State and the corner back position?
what happend to Ohio State and the corner back position?
Missing on top prospects for like 3 years because OSU's NIL is not up to the level of schools down south.
I recommend menace 2 sports, the daily OSU football podcast of Zach Smith, former OSU WR coach who still talks to his coaching connections.
He's done multiple hour-long discussions on NIL.. basically the OSU administration isn't working with the people who would be needed to deal with the NIL items.
Think of NIL as roster management.. you don't need NIL to pay Marv, he's going to walk into Ricart Ford and walk out with whatever he needs. You need the NIL for the backup LT, the backup DL [at OSU, the backup 6 DL, but that's a podcast by itself] so that they don't hit the portal after one season like Ewers did. You need NIL to sign the big recruits -- The Program only sells itself to some extent, there's always some other university's big donor dropping big money to get 4-star recruits. That's also why the OSU RB room has needed random transfers and WR position switches to get through the season.. because OSU's 4,5* RB recruit the last 2 years have gone elsewhere to teams with worse records.
Zero of this is on Day -- Day had the #1 class the year before NIL was a thing. He recruits very well, but the job changed underneath him.
-
I’m really tired of the talking head narrative that Ohio State played a perfect game and still came up short.
I’m really tired of the talking head narrative that Ohio State played a perfect game and still came up short.
Yes, it's "The Ohio State University Buckeyes Football Team" ...... that's not playing Monday January 9th -but- really should be -and- we all know that...... now. Oh crap.
Oh well.

-
what happend to Ohio State and the corner back position?
Missing on top prospects for like 3 years because OSU's NIL is not up to the level of schools down south.
I recommend menace 2 sports, the daily OSU football podcast of Zach Smith, former OSU WR coach who still talks to his coaching connections.
He's done multiple hour-long discussions on NIL.. basically the OSU administration isn't working with the people who would be needed to deal with the NIL items.
Think of NIL as roster management.. you don't need NIL to pay Marv, he's going to walk into Ricart Ford and walk out with whatever he needs. You need the NIL for the backup LT, the backup DL [at OSU, the backup 6 DL, but that's a podcast by itself] so that they don't hit the portal after one season like Ewers did. You need NIL to sign the big recruits -- The Program only sells itself to some extent, there's always some other university's big donor dropping big money to get 4-star recruits. That's also why the OSU RB room has needed random transfers and WR position switches to get through the season.. because OSU's 4,5* RB recruit the last 2 years have gone elsewhere to teams with worse records.
Zero of this is on Day -- Day had the #1 class the year before NIL was a thing. He recruits very well, but the job changed underneath him.
Zero of this is on Day -- Day had the #1 class the year before NIL was a thing. He recruits very well, but the job changed underneath him.
I've heard somewhere that Dabo Swinney has really struggled with the changing landscape that is recruiting too
-
-
I’m really tired of the talking head narrative that Ohio State played a perfect game and still came up short.
Yes, it's "The Ohio State University Buckeyes Football Team" ...... that's not playing Monday January 9th -but- really should be -and- we all know that...... now. Oh crap.
Oh well.

Yes, it's "The Ohio State University Buckeyes Football Team" ...... that's not playing Monday January 9th -but- really should be -and- we all know that...... now. Oh crap.
Oh well.

I’m in stage 4 of grief. Shock and Denial lasted 24 hours. Anger was a brief period. I’m in this bargaining period…the National Championship was played in Atlanta on Dec. 31.
I guess I should accept the fact that it never was - we did lose to TSUN.
-
Do these types of bets hurt the player or the rabid fanbase more that actually has to look at him in an Ohio State hoodie?
-
Damar Hamlin collapes on the field with cadiac arrest, actor Jeremy Renner gets run over by his own snow cat because of a malfunction, Ohio State doesn't get to play in the championship. I'm sure I can think of some other things, but it's only five days into 2023 for fuck sake.
2022: Well that sucked.
2023: Hold my beer...
-
Do these types of bets hurt the player or the rabid fanbase more that actually has to look at him in an Ohio State hoodie?
Do these types of bets hurt the player or the rabid fanbase more that actually has to look at him in an Ohio State hoodie?
Great point!
I wonder how long he wore that tOSU shirt?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
