Skip to content

Darmar Hamlin

Political Discussion
41 11 1.7k
  • As unfortunate as it may be I think they might be overreacting by changing the course of a multi-billion dollar organization is overkill. Football is it dangerous physical and violent sport semicolon I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.

    WSS

  • Buffalo Bills players and staff kneel together in solidarity after Damar Hamlin #3 sustained an injury during the first quarter of an NFL football game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paycor Stadium on January 2, 2023 in Cincinnati, Ohio.

    Buffalo Bills players and staff kneel together in solidarity after Damar Hamlin #3 sustained an injury during the first quarter of an NFL football game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paycor Stadium on January 2, 2023 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Kevin Sabitus/Getty Images)

    Buffalo Bills players react as teammate Damar Hamlin is examined during the first half of an NFL football game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, in Cincinnati. 
     
     
     
  • Can CPR give you brain damage?  He received CPR for 9 minutes.
     
     
    CPR partially reverses the ischaemia but it is not as effective as the heart, and cerebral perfusion pressure remains low until ROSC is achieved, at which point further reperfusion damage occurs. Brain damage can seriously impact the lives of survivors of CPR sometimes causing permanent disability.
  • As unfortunate as it may be I think they might be overreacting by changing the course of a multi-billion dollar organization is overkill. Football is it dangerous physical and violent sport semicolon I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    As unfortunate as it may be I think they might be overreacting by changing the course of a multi-billion dollar organization is overkill. Football is it dangerous physical and violent sport semicolon I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.

    WSS

  • Can CPR give you brain damage?  He received CPR for 9 minutes.
     
     
    CPR partially reverses the ischaemia but it is not as effective as the heart, and cerebral perfusion pressure remains low until ROSC is achieved, at which point further reperfusion damage occurs. Brain damage can seriously impact the lives of survivors of CPR sometimes causing permanent disability.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Can CPR give you brain damage?  He received CPR for 9 minutes.
     
     
    CPR partially reverses the ischaemia but it is not as effective as the heart, and cerebral perfusion pressure remains low until ROSC is achieved, at which point further reperfusion damage occurs. Brain damage can seriously impact the lives of survivors of CPR sometimes causing permanent disability.

    That may vary on a case by case basis.   Outcomes will vary depending upon the individuals involved. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Can CPR give you brain damage?  He received CPR for 9 minutes.
     
     
    CPR partially reverses the ischaemia but it is not as effective as the heart, and cerebral perfusion pressure remains low until ROSC is achieved, at which point further reperfusion damage occurs. Brain damage can seriously impact the lives of survivors of CPR sometimes causing permanent disability.

    That may vary on a case by case basis.   Outcomes will vary depending upon the individuals involved. 

    @mjp28 said:

    That may vary on a case by case basis.   Outcomes will vary depending upon the individuals involved. 

    Obviously.

  • I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

  • N Neo

    I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

    @neo said:

    I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

    Feel free to post it wherever you want.

    As I said as sad as it is I still think the league is overreacting.

    WSS 

  • @neo said:

    I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

    Feel free to post it wherever you want.

    As I said as sad as it is I still think the league is overreacting.

    WSS 

    @westside-steve said:

    Feel free to post it wherever you want.

    As I said as sad as it is I still think the league is overreacting.

    WSS 

    This is one of the reasons I'm not a very friendly or sociable person. The outreach of support for this young man from all walks of life was the best thing I've seen in a long time. Who cares what the league does or thinks. Why can't some people just leave well enough alone?

  • AEE2572B-3971-41DD-8394-93DB3DD678FF.jpeg

  • N Neo

    @westside-steve said:

    Feel free to post it wherever you want.

    As I said as sad as it is I still think the league is overreacting.

    WSS 

    This is one of the reasons I'm not a very friendly or sociable person. The outreach of support for this young man from all walks of life was the best thing I've seen in a long time. Who cares what the league does or thinks. Why can't some people just leave well enough alone?

    @neo said:

    This is one of the reasons I'm not a very friendly or sociable person. The outreach of support for this young man from all walks of life was the best thing I've seen in a long time. Who cares what the league does or thinks. Why can't some people just leave well enough alone?

    Frankly you did come here to bitch about it so there's that. I'm just saying that people die in even more tragic situations every hour. Probably every minute.

    WSS

  • @neo it is important to Steve that he has the worst take on every issue

  • @neo it is important to Steve that he has the worst take on every issue

    @mld-woody said:

    @neo it is important to Steve that he has the worst take on every issue

    A football player got hurt playing a violent and dangerous game. Yes it's sad. He seems like a decent guy. But It happens all the time to good people in other dangerous jobs.

    Maybe you and Neo go out in the street with a can of gasoline and set yourselves ablaze to show the world your grief.

    WSS

  • May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says 'It's a very good possibility that the lowest paid people on that field had the most important job Monday night, and because of them someone is still alive today. GINCINNATI FATAN'

  • N Neo

    I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

    @neo said:

    I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

    Your prayers were answered, it appears he will be ok.

    I didn't pray for him, not because I was being a jerk, I just didn't pray for him.

  • AxeA Axe

    May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says 'It's a very good possibility that the lowest paid people on that field had the most important job Monday night, and because of them someone is still alive today. GINCINNATI FATAN'

    @axe said:

    May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says 'It's a very good possibility that the lowest paid people on that field had the most important job Monday night, and because of them someone is still alive today. GINCINNATI FATAN'

    I assume you don't watch any football then

  • @neo said:

    I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

    Your prayers were answered, it appears he will be ok.

    I didn't pray for him, not because I was being a jerk, I just didn't pray for him.

    @fy56 said:

    Your prayers were answered, it appears he will be ok.

    I didn't pray for him, not because I was being a jerk, I just didn't pray for him.

    Congrats?

  • @axe said:

    May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says 'It's a very good possibility that the lowest paid people on that field had the most important job Monday night, and because of them someone is still alive today. GINCINNATI FATAN'

    I assume you don't watch any football then

    @mld-woody said:

    I assume you don't watch any football then

    You, really don't have to prove how much money mommy and daddy wasted on your Michigan experience with every post.

    But we do sincerely appreciate the laughs.. ?

  • @neo it is important to Steve that he has the worst take on every issue

    @mld-woody said:

    @neo it is important to Steve that he has the worst take on every issue

    But you're responding to a guy who just told you to pray to the wizard in the sky.

  • @mld-woody said:

    @neo it is important to Steve that he has the worst take on every issue

    But you're responding to a guy who just told you to pray to the wizard in the sky.

    @fy56 said:

    But you're responding to a guy who just told you to pray to the wizard in the sky.

    Bro, you don't have to talk to me about how ridiculous religion is. 

    That said, congrats on your edge lord response. You're a badass.