Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Steelers

The Browns Board
9 8 844 1
  • The final game of the 2022 Preseason of the 2023 Season.

    Just before Watson took over for Brissett I prophesized hope that Watson might start to show real on field improvement over the last two games of the season.  And it almost seemed as if he was feeling more comfortable in the 2nd half against the Commanders.  

    This week Watson will be facing the Steeler defense.  They are quite strong against the run.  And I bet that they're lower ranked pass D is partly because they're so hard to run against.  

    Like most everyone else, they'll be focusing on stopping our running game and make us try to beat them with the pass.  Can we finally do it?  Can we open up the run game with the pass?  I think a lot of it has to do with the OL.  Can they give Watson time to show us why we traded with the devil?  And then can Watson deliver if given the time.

    It will be an interesting final game...against our arch rival.  Draft picks don't fuckin' matter this week!  Go Browns!  Beat the Steelers!

    image.png.9c9c220885d6098c5d11c35f4560e9f8.png

    - God bless and heal Damar Hamlin - 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I of course have never coached an NFL team, so WTF do I know?

    Don't sell yourself so short.  We've seen NFL coaches make decisions like they've never coached an NFL team.  We've seen an NFL HC opt to kickoff in overtime...and to quote Chris Berman, "Take losing to a whole new level".  We've seen a HC draft Tim Tebow in the 1st round.  We've seen a HC call a bubble WR screen on 1st and goal from the Steeler 1 yard line in OT.  

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I believe that right off the bat, first play of the game, if we started with play fakes and passess off of that, it would back teams away and open up the run game earlier.

    You've said that before.  And I agreed before.  But instead they'll motion Chubb all the way out near the sidelines...and I'm like, there goes our ability to make the defense stay flat-footed for a second and a half.  Get under center, fake it to Chubb while dropping back and that's gotta keep a LB'er or two's attention.  

     - we don't just 'like' the Browns here - 

  • @orion small side-note: Cooper can get a career high in yards with 80 against the Steelers, and he has indicated he is keen on achieving that. This might factor into the game plan, also considering Pb's statistically underwhelming pass D.

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/browns-amari-cooper-career-high-steelers/

  • # damnit... https://www.brownszone.com/2023/01/06/jack-conklin-ruled-out-for-steelers-game-james-hudson-iii-to-face-t-j-watt/

    game-plan H E L P !  (Chris Hubbard ?)

    edit.. yesterday

    IMG_20200919_153013114.jpg.df73aeb4f5fe4cd6064fc4d7f5b67e4a.jpg  # sweep pukes

  • Looking at Browns+3.5

    Edit: also possibly under 41.5

  • Blah...blah...cya next year for same shit different season.

  • Watson looks like pure dog shit!!... NO EXCUSES!

  • Watson looks like pure dog shit!!... NO EXCUSES!

    @nickers said:

    Watson looks like pure dog shit!!... NO EXCUSES!

    He better drink plenty of Coke or Pepsi in the offseason, as I've seen many a YouTube video showing how cola can dissolve rust. 

  • Here’s the tale of the tape. 
    They have a hall of fame coach

    We have a guy who cows down to a baseball executive