Clowney Throwing Shade
-
Jadeveon Clowney does not expect to be back with the Cleveland Browns next season and fired some shots on his way out the door.
Clowney didnât hold back in an interview with Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com, saying that he expects Sundayâs matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers to be his final time donning a Browns uniform.
â[Iâm] 95% sure I wonât be back,â Clowney told Cleveland.com. âBut thereâs still that 5%. You never know what can happen.â
He continued, saying that the Browns âgot their own guys, and I ainât one of them, so itâs time for me to get my exit slip.â The 30-year-old pass rusherâs frustrations have stemmed from him feeling the team hasnât put him in the best positions to excel.
âI just feel like I need to be around somebody that believes in me and my ability,â Clowney said. â(It canât) just be me believing in myself. I believe in myself more than anybody.â
Clowney has missed four games this season with an ankle injury and concussion. He has just two sacks this season, although his presence has been felt in other parts of the game when heâs in the lineup. But there appears to be significant tension from Clowney about how the team handles his pass-rush partner Myles Garrett.
Garrett has 15 sacks this season and has been very open about his desire to come away with the sack title. Clowney expressed a belief that he feels itâs taken away from the focus of winning games.
âYouâre all trying to get somebody into the Hall of Fame when all that matters is winning,â Clowney said. âEverybody got here for a reason, and we can all make plays. I know I am.â
Clowney is clearly upset about the situation and what he views as preferential treatment. However, he doesnât hold a grudge against Garrett, who lobbied for the Browns to bring back Clowney this offseason on a one-year deal worth $10 million.
âI donât even think (Garrett) notices,â Clowney said. âI ainât trying to say itâs him. I try to get along with everybody I play with. Me and him donât have a problem. It ainât his fault. Itâs just B.S., and I donât have time for it.â
While Clowney appears well on the way out in Cleveland, the former No. 1 overall pick mentioned that staying in the AFC North could be an option.
âIâll be ready next year to get (after it again),â he said. âI could still end up in the division next year.â
the team hasnât put him in the best positions to excel.
that can be said for are entire defensive players , (look I used a comma lol) can't say i blame him (fuck woods) but clowney dude your not gonna get 10 million next year from another team,so i believe your best option was to keep your mouth shut
-
the team hasnât put him in the best positions to excel.
that can be said for are entire defensive players , (look I used a comma lol) can't say i blame him (fuck woods) but clowney dude your not gonna get 10 million next year from another team,so i believe your best option was to keep your mouth shut
that can be said for are entire defensive players , (look I used a comma lol) can't say i blame him (fuck woods) but clowney dude your not gonna get 10 million next year from another team,so i believe your best option was to keep your mouth shut
He's checked out so I don't expect much from him Sunday...
-
that can be said for are entire defensive players , (look I used a comma lol) can't say i blame him (fuck woods) but clowney dude your not gonna get 10 million next year from another team,so i believe your best option was to keep your mouth shut
He's checked out so I don't expect much from him Sunday...
-
-
Clowney thinks highly of himself for a guy that plays 7 games a season.
He probably pulled a quad doing that interview.
I wonder if heâs going to be a healthy scratch on Sunday?
-
Jadeveon Clowney does not expect to be back with the Cleveland Browns next season and fired some shots on his way out the door.
Clowney didnât hold back in an interview with Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com, saying that he expects Sundayâs matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers to be his final time donning a Browns uniform.
â[Iâm] 95% sure I wonât be back,â Clowney told Cleveland.com. âBut thereâs still that 5%. You never know what can happen.â
He continued, saying that the Browns âgot their own guys, and I ainât one of them, so itâs time for me to get my exit slip.â The 30-year-old pass rusherâs frustrations have stemmed from him feeling the team hasnât put him in the best positions to excel.
âI just feel like I need to be around somebody that believes in me and my ability,â Clowney said. â(It canât) just be me believing in myself. I believe in myself more than anybody.â
Clowney has missed four games this season with an ankle injury and concussion. He has just two sacks this season, although his presence has been felt in other parts of the game when heâs in the lineup. But there appears to be significant tension from Clowney about how the team handles his pass-rush partner Myles Garrett.
Garrett has 15 sacks this season and has been very open about his desire to come away with the sack title. Clowney expressed a belief that he feels itâs taken away from the focus of winning games.
âYouâre all trying to get somebody into the Hall of Fame when all that matters is winning,â Clowney said. âEverybody got here for a reason, and we can all make plays. I know I am.â
Clowney is clearly upset about the situation and what he views as preferential treatment. However, he doesnât hold a grudge against Garrett, who lobbied for the Browns to bring back Clowney this offseason on a one-year deal worth $10 million.
âI donât even think (Garrett) notices,â Clowney said. âI ainât trying to say itâs him. I try to get along with everybody I play with. Me and him donât have a problem. It ainât his fault. Itâs just B.S., and I donât have time for it.â
While Clowney appears well on the way out in Cleveland, the former No. 1 overall pick mentioned that staying in the AFC North could be an option.
âIâll be ready next year to get (after it again),â he said. âI could still end up in the division next year.â
He continued, saying that the Browns âgot their own guys, and I ainât one of them, so itâs time for me to get my exit slip.â The 30-year-old pass rusherâs frustrations have stemmed from him feeling the team hasnât put him in the best positions to excel.
Hmm....it was these guys that brough him here. Doesn't that make him one of their guys? Of course it seemed like they wanted to move away from him last year but couldn't because of position talent. But now Clowney is apparently saying that Alex Wright and Isaiah Thomas are 'their (drafted) guys'.
I don't think many of us expected him back next year but he brings up 'all is not well' with the coaching. Myles gets favoritism (although benched from starting a recent game). I'll assume he means from the HC, but it could be organizationally or even just the DC.Â
So, this means that that DE position is in the same shape as our DT position. And we're without a 1st round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see $$ being spent on the DL in free agency. Â
-
-
-
-
Clowney thinks highly of himself for a guy that plays 7 games a season.
He probably pulled a quad doing that interview.
I wonder if heâs going to be a healthy scratch on Sunday?
IÂ wonder if heâs going to be a healthy scratch on Sunday?
I must be clairvoyant.
-
Buh Bye.
good this needed to done. Just the start of some major housing cleaning to come Sunday at 4:30Â ET
-
-
He continued, saying that the Browns âgot their own guys, and I ainât one of them, so itâs time for me to get my exit slip.â The 30-year-old pass rusherâs frustrations have stemmed from him feeling the team hasnât put him in the best positions to excel.
Hmm....it was these guys that brough him here. Doesn't that make him one of their guys? Of course it seemed like they wanted to move away from him last year but couldn't because of position talent. But now Clowney is apparently saying that Alex Wright and Isaiah Thomas are 'their (drafted) guys'.
I don't think many of us expected him back next year but he brings up 'all is not well' with the coaching. Myles gets favoritism (although benched from starting a recent game). I'll assume he means from the HC, but it could be organizationally or even just the DC.Â
So, this means that that DE position is in the same shape as our DT position. And we're without a 1st round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see $$ being spent on the DL in free agency. Â
So, this means that that DE position is in the same shape as our DT position. And we're without a 1st round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see $$ being spent on the DL in free agency. Â
 There isn't room to spend $$ on free agent DL. What will be done is likely mid to late round picks, and a couple high priority UDFA, will be brought in to compete and establish depth along the other spots across the defensive front.Â
 I'm just hoping that the front office hasn't been lured into a false sense of security about the current state of the IDL. The Ravens, Steelers and Skins are not the teams to hang your hat on and claim "late season improvement into off-season progression". Â
-
This organization has some very serious lingering problems. Every Sunday is like going to a funeral where the family and friends are split into factions that will never get along .Â
-
I have not been a fan of Clowney since the first time he told the Brows to get bent when they offered him a pile of money. Sure he's pretty good when he's healthy but that isn't all that often. And a pretty good end will look better when there's a great end on the other side. The shitty arrogant attitude doesn't make me love him anymore either.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login