Skip to content

Clowney Throwing Shade

The Browns Board
41 15 1.6k 1
  • @syd said:

    can you blame a player for not wanting to play for the shit show since are return to play here ?

    Yes. Are you wearing your Kenny Bridge Jersey now?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes. Are you wearing your Kenny Bridge Jersey now?

    WSS

    I don't,who the fuck is kenny bridge ?

  • sydS syd

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes. Are you wearing your Kenny Bridge Jersey now?

    WSS

    I don't,who the fuck is kenny bridge ?

    @syd said:

    I don't,who the fuck is kenny bridge ?

    A turd somebody overpaid to come to Cleveland and then slacked off the entire time he was in town. Making a point you're a smart guy you should have gotten it.

    WSS

  • There seems to be even more to this story:

    Jadeveon Clowney refused to play on first and second down vs. Ravens

    Can't imagine refusing to take the field when healthy does his value as a FA any good. Good riddance!  

  • Another head scratcher. . .

    3C9AF2AE-FFC2-425E-8AC1-A29B5C8898ED.jpeg

  • Screenshot_20230107_083737_Facebook.jpg

  • Has ever a Browns season been complete without some sort of drama?

  • Has ever a Browns season been complete without some sort of drama?

    @fy56 said:

    Has ever a Browns season been complete without some sort of drama?

    Not in recent memory.

  • From Korsou's link.

    Speaking to the media, defensive line coach Chris Kiffin confirmed parts of the story, specifically that Clowney refused to take the field on early downs against the Ravens. Kiffin stated Clowney told him it was due to a lingering injury, but it is clear that is far from the truth. Kiffin then went on to say he called Clowney out in front of the entire defensive line room and Clowney did not give an answer.

    Jake Trotter@Jake_Trotter
    #Browns DE coach Chris Kiffin confirms that Clowney refused to play on first or second down vs. Baltimore. Kiffin could only get him to play on third downs. Clowney told Kiffin then it was due to injury. Kiffin says he now realizes that injury wasn't the reason.
    Jake Trotter@Jake_Trotter
    Kiffin said he addressed Clowney comments in front of the position group this morning. Clowney was in the room. Kiffin said he told them he "totally disagreed" with the way Clowney handled the situation. Clowney's response? Kiffin: He didn't say anything. #Browns
  • Clowney just wanted off work (I'm sure with full pay). No practice, meetings, or travel/play to Pitt. Better than faking another injury...   

  • I feel like the elephant in the room is how many times this has happened under this coaching staff. Look, I know OBJ and Mayfield are a bit off kilter but it’s pretty hard not to wonder why this level of insubordination isn’t happening around the league. It has just felt for a while there is a severe lack of leadership. Seeing, for example, what McDermott is doing and has done in Buffalo is so much different than what we see here.
     

    Stef earned another year in my opinion but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a fresh defensive coordinator with a real “this guy can take your job” mentality. Zimmer would never come here but just using him as an example of what I’m thinking. 

  • I feel like the elephant in the room is how many times this has happened under this coaching staff. Look, I know OBJ and Mayfield are a bit off kilter but it’s pretty hard not to wonder why this level of insubordination isn’t happening around the league. It has just felt for a while there is a severe lack of leadership. Seeing, for example, what McDermott is doing and has done in Buffalo is so much different than what we see here.
     

    Stef earned another year in my opinion but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a fresh defensive coordinator with a real “this guy can take your job” mentality. Zimmer would never come here but just using him as an example of what I’m thinking. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    I feel like the elephant in the room is how many times this has happened under this coaching staff. Look, I know OBJ and Mayfield are a bit off kilter but it’s pretty hard not to wonder why this level of insubordination isn’t happening around the league. It has just felt for a while there is a severe lack of leadership. Seeing, for example, what McDermott is doing and has done in Buffalo is so much different than what we see here.
     

    Stef earned another year in my opinion but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a fresh defensive coordinator with a real “this guy can take your job” mentality. Zimmer would never come here but just using him as an example of what I’m thinking. 

    I would be all in on Jim Leanahrd or whatever his name is

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I feel like the elephant in the room is how many times this has happened under this coaching staff. Look, I know OBJ and Mayfield are a bit off kilter but it’s pretty hard not to wonder why this level of insubordination isn’t happening around the league. It has just felt for a while there is a severe lack of leadership. Seeing, for example, what McDermott is doing and has done in Buffalo is so much different than what we see here.
     

    Stef earned another year in my opinion but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing in a fresh defensive coordinator with a real “this guy can take your job” mentality. Zimmer would never come here but just using him as an example of what I’m thinking. 

    I would be all in on Jim Leanahrd or whatever his name is

    @nickers said:

    I would be all in on Jim Leanahrd

    Was he that little, slow old guy we had as a back up DB a bunch of years ago?  He ended up having to be an every down player because of injuries.  He even ended up being a punt returner because of injuries and other backups fumbling and mishandling the punts.  He wasn't gonna get us any punt return yards but he wasn't going to screw it up...which was how dire our need was. 

    He was a smart player.  He used his intelligence to know where he should be/go at all times because he wasn't going out-run anyone to somewhere.  I remember thinking that he'd probably make a good coach someday.  (wasn't he older than the coach he played for?)

  • @nickers said:

    I would be all in on Jim Leanahrd

    Was he that little, slow old guy we had as a back up DB a bunch of years ago?  He ended up having to be an every down player because of injuries.  He even ended up being a punt returner because of injuries and other backups fumbling and mishandling the punts.  He wasn't gonna get us any punt return yards but he wasn't going to screw it up...which was how dire our need was. 

    He was a smart player.  He used his intelligence to know where he should be/go at all times because he wasn't going out-run anyone to somewhere.  I remember thinking that he'd probably make a good coach someday.  (wasn't he older than the coach he played for?)

    @orion said:

    Was he that little, slow old guy we had as a back up DB a bunch of years ago?  He ended up having to be an every down player because of injuries.  He even ended up being a punt returner because of injuries and other backups fumbling and mishandling the punts.  He wasn't gonna get us any punt return yards but he wasn't going to screw it up...which was how dire our need was. 

    He was a smart player.  He used his intelligence to know where he should be/go at all times because he wasn't going out-run anyone to somewhere.  I remember thinking that he'd probably make a good coach someday.  (wasn't he older than the coach he played for?)

    I don't remember honestly... He's a name I remember and is someone who is thought to be creative... His name has surfaced recently rumored to wind up at several possible NFL destinations.. We'll see how it shakes out....

  • @orion said:

    Was he that little, slow old guy we had as a back up DB a bunch of years ago?  He ended up having to be an every down player because of injuries.  He even ended up being a punt returner because of injuries and other backups fumbling and mishandling the punts.  He wasn't gonna get us any punt return yards but he wasn't going to screw it up...which was how dire our need was. 

    He was a smart player.  He used his intelligence to know where he should be/go at all times because he wasn't going out-run anyone to somewhere.  I remember thinking that he'd probably make a good coach someday.  (wasn't he older than the coach he played for?)

    I don't remember honestly... He's a name I remember and is someone who is thought to be creative... His name has surfaced recently rumored to wind up at several possible NFL destinations.. We'll see how it shakes out....

    @nickers said:

    I don't remember honestly... He's a name I remember and is someone who is thought to be creative... His name has surfaced recently rumored to wind up at several possible NFL destinations.. We'll see how it shakes out....

    Turns out he's played for us... He's got interesting credentials...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Leonhard