Skip to content

Your Top 5 Drinking & Dope songs

Barber Shop Talk
22 8 1.5k 1
  • How did they miss Pat Travers ? 😛

  • At first I thought the thread was asking for what we partied to the most….

    if that was the case I’m a Pink Floyd/LedZeplin fan?

  • At first I thought the thread was asking for what we partied to the most….

    if that was the case I’m a Pink Floyd/LedZeplin fan?

    @hammertime said:

    At first I thought the thread was asking for what we partied to the most….

    if that was the case I’m a Pink Floyd fan?

    Good Choice ^^  We welcome those too !  ?

    Gotta start somewhere... so

    My Starting 10 Drinking Songs..

    #1. Have a Drink on Me.. ACDC

    #2. Take Your Whiskey Home.. The Van Halen 

    #3. Margaritaville.. Jimmy Buffett

    #4. The Bartender Song... Rehab

    #5. Friends in Low Places... Garth Brooks

    #6. Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers... ZZ Top

    #7. One Bourbon. One Scotch. One Beer... George Thorogood

    #8. Alcohol.... Brad Paisley 

    #9. Why don't get Drunk & Screw?... Jimmy Buffett

    #10. Jack Daniels, kicked my ass again last night... The Chief, Eric Church

     Next few days... 

    back with some of my drug days, top 10 song list... It will be hard to combine lists.. btw..

    (Did your Mom, ever whack, the back of your head with not your water bong after she found it?  ?)  stay tuned

    Cheers ?

  • RIP Neil

  • @hammertime said:

    How do you not have this in the top 5?

    @mjp28 said:

    Not in gumby's top 100 ?

    Believe me ?..

    With the hours I've spent at work since October... It ain't my List... https://popculturemadness.com/PCM/2022/drug-references-in-popular-songs/

    I spend about a hour on this site just to stay caught up..

    No topic time-frame... but, As we can see?..

    There's some misses on this list... 

    Keep'em coming ... 

    Did the Cheech & Chong Band, fall under some kind of Fantasy Band Division? (Drugs/sex/rock-n-roll) 🙂

    Snubbed? Not Bob Dylan

    @gumby73 said:

    Believe me ?..

    With the hours I've spent at work since October... It ain't my List... https://popculturemadness.com/PCM/2022/drug-references-in-popular-songs/

    I spend about a hour on this site just to stay caught up..

    No topic time-frame... but, As we can see?..

    There's some misses on this list... 

    Keep'em coming ... 

    Did the Cheech & Chong Band, fall under some kind of Fantasy Band Division? (Drugs/sex/rock-n-roll) 🙂

    Snubbed? Not Bob Dylan

    Great topic,  it sure brings back times and places and more !    Oh yeah.  And nothing like my old steel mill joints with the pool tables and some with juke boxes and hours in there after work ...... when there were steel mills back then.   Oh my high friends in low places of their own.

    Also the college bars and juke boxes and pinballs, different crowds but more college chicks.

    And then the strip joints where if you're not careful your money would just fly away .... but still a fun chicks place.   Just 3 of a few more joints we closed up  -and-  the girls all get prettier at quitting time !   Especially at our neighborhood bar, a gold mine.  

    Oh yeah .    😁

  • @gumby73 said:

    Believe me ?..

    With the hours I've spent at work since October... It ain't my List... https://popculturemadness.com/PCM/2022/drug-references-in-popular-songs/

    I spend about a hour on this site just to stay caught up..

    No topic time-frame... but, As we can see?..

    There's some misses on this list... 

    Keep'em coming ... 

    Did the Cheech & Chong Band, fall under some kind of Fantasy Band Division? (Drugs/sex/rock-n-roll) 🙂

    Snubbed? Not Bob Dylan

    Great topic,  it sure brings back times and places and more !    Oh yeah.  And nothing like my old steel mill joints with the pool tables and some with juke boxes and hours in there after work ...... when there were steel mills back then.   Oh my high friends in low places of their own.

    Also the college bars and juke boxes and pinballs, different crowds but more college chicks.

    And then the strip joints where if you're not careful your money would just fly away .... but still a fun chicks place.   Just 3 of a few more joints we closed up  -and-  the girls all get prettier at quitting time !   Especially at our neighborhood bar, a gold mine.  

    Oh yeah .    😁

    @mjp28 said:

    Great topic,  it sure brings back times and places and more !    Oh yeah.  And nothing like my old steel mill joints with the pool tables and some with juke boxes and hours in there after work ...... when there were steel mills back then.   Oh my high friends in low places of their own.

    Also the college bars and juke boxes and pinballs, different crowds but more college chicks.

    And then the strip joints where if ...

    Yep//Those were the gold star Banner years !  ⭐

    My late father (Tom-Navy man) worked in the steel business also .. Williams Company Toledo,Ohio over 20 years. Hard work. Crushed a toe/ tore up a shoulder.. 

    I can go back to where I was 8-9 years old. No school weekends, with Dad taking us to his Mom's/grandma's for the weekend.. Bo-Michigan/Woody-Ohio State football games 🙂.. and Street Hockey & Street Football games were born there 😉

    Dad/neighbors knew all the local bars/tender's within walking distance..Found out, the Neighbor Mr.Young, would do the open window peek-in passing strip clubs ?.. We all had a out-right blast drinking Root-beer's with Two lane Bowling alley's & Skee-ball to pinball machines.. Jukeboxes were loaded up with some great tunes back then

    GReat Times !

  • @mjp28 said:

    Great topic,  it sure brings back times and places and more !    Oh yeah.  And nothing like my old steel mill joints with the pool tables and some with juke boxes and hours in there after work ...... when there were steel mills back then.   Oh my high friends in low places of their own.

    Also the college bars and juke boxes and pinballs, different crowds but more college chicks.

    And then the strip joints where if ...

    Yep//Those were the gold star Banner years !  ⭐

    My late father (Tom-Navy man) worked in the steel business also .. Williams Company Toledo,Ohio over 20 years. Hard work. Crushed a toe/ tore up a shoulder.. 

    I can go back to where I was 8-9 years old. No school weekends, with Dad taking us to his Mom's/grandma's for the weekend.. Bo-Michigan/Woody-Ohio State football games 🙂.. and Street Hockey & Street Football games were born there 😉

    Dad/neighbors knew all the local bars/tender's within walking distance..Found out, the Neighbor Mr.Young, would do the open window peek-in passing strip clubs ?.. We all had a out-right blast drinking Root-beer's with Two lane Bowling alley's & Skee-ball to pinball machines.. Jukeboxes were loaded up with some great tunes back then

    GReat Times !

    @gumby73 said:

    Yep//Those were the gold star Banner years !  ⭐

    My late father (Tom-Navy man) worked in the steel business also .. Williams Company Toledo,Ohio over 20 years. Hard work. Crushed a toe/ tore up a shoulder.. 

    I can go back to where I was 8-9 years old. No school weekends, with Dad taking us to his Mom's/grandma's for the weekend.. Bo-Michigan/Woody-Ohio State football games 🙂.. and Street Hockey & Street Football games were born there 😉

    Dad/neighbors knew all the local bars/tender's within walking distance..Found out, the Neighbor Mr.Young, would do the open window peek-in passing strip clubs ?.. We all had a out-right blast drinking Root-beer's with Two lane Bowling alley's & Skee-ball to pinball machines.. Jukeboxes were loaded up with some great tunes back then

    GReat Times !

    Oh yes such incredible times we had for a few short decades until they closed up   virtually  ALL  of the steel mills in Youngstown,  Ohio  and a lot of the Rust Belt areas in northern USA.    The neighborhood bars, shops and later the cities themselves just virtually went away.

    I was 17 when I started college in 1968, 18 when I started down US Steel until I lost my job in 1980 I was 29.

    I got another good job at GATX in Masury, Ohio on the PA line.  The largest manufacturer of railroad tank cars in North America  they closed up in 1983/1984 I was 33 in October 1983 and my last big steel manufacturing job. BUT I was in my MBA program by then and caught on with NUCOR in their steel joist/deck/girder division in sales.  Largest manufacturer in North America again.  I was 34 in 1984 and good until I retired. 

    But not the old time shot & a beer days,  good but not exciting ..... eh time to settle down anyway. 

    ...... " but take those records off the shelf  ...... I like that old time rock and roll  "......   Bob Segar,  baby !  😁

  • [Verse 1]
    Just take those old records off the shelf
    I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
    Today's music ain't got the same soul
    I like that old time rock 'n' roll

    [Verse 2]
    Don't try to take me to a disco
    You'll never even get me out on the floor
    In ten minutes I'll be late for the door
    I like that old time rock 'n' roll

    [Chorus]
    Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
    That kind of music just soothes the soul
    I reminisce about the days of old
    With that old time rock 'n' roll (Oh)

    [Guitar Solo]

    [Verse 2]
    Won't go to hear 'em play a tango
    I'd rather hear some blues or funky old soul
    There's only one sure way to get me to go
    Start playin' old time rock 'n' roll
    Call me a relic, call me what you will
    Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill
    Today's music ain't got the same soul
    I like that old time rock 'n' roll

    [Chorus]
    Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
    That kind of music just soothes the soul
    I reminisce about the days of old
    With that old time rock 'n' roll (Oh)

    [Saxophone Solo]  

    [Chorus]
    Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
    That kind of music just soothes the soul
    I reminisce about the days of old
    With that old time rock 'n' roll
    Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
    That kind of music just soothes the soul
    I reminisce about the days of old
    With that old time rock 'n' roll (Hey)
    Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
    That kind of music just soothes the soul
    I reminisce about the days of old
    With that old time rock 'n' roll

    [Outro]
    Still like that old time rock 'n' roll. ..  

    .....  Oh yeah baby !    I like that old time rock and roll.     It's in my bones.

  • Midway compiled Top Drug Songs

    No particular order 🙂 (yet)

    Mr. Brownstone Guns n Roses

    Cocaine  Eric Clapton

    That Smell  Skynyrd

    Mary Jane's last Dance  Tom Petty

    Might as well get Stoned  Chris Stapleton

    Captain Jack  Billy Joel

    Master of Puppets  Metalica

    Them Stems  Chris Stapleton

    Light Up  Styx

    But the drugs like Me  Marilyn Manson

    We can share (Sheriff) if ya want to  Luke Combs

    fill in what we're blanking on.. Got to be some misses... Keep'em coming

    combined list still pending

  • How do you not have this in the top 5?

    @hammertime said:

    How do you not have this in the top 5?

    going to see george on ST.PATRICKS Night 

  • Jonathan Edwards "Shanty"

    Shel Silverstein "the Smoke off"