Skip to content

Is Joe Woods gone yet ?

The Browns Board
80 26 3.7k 1
  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @westside-steve said:

    https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/cleveland-browns-fire-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-report-tom-pelissero-nfl-network/95-0bfe381c-ec43-464f-a25f-2bbf3e39ae64

     He is.

     Kevin  Stefansky moves to the head of the scapegoat line 

     WSS

    Splitting hairs I suppose, but I'd fire DePidesta first. Let Berry & Stefanski run the team.

    Weird thing is the Browns starting LBs all go down with injury and the backups did fairly well, all the while with a substandard interior D line.

    Woods adjusted I think, but waaaaaay too late 

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/cleveland-browns-fire-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-report-tom-pelissero-nfl-network/95-0bfe381c-ec43-464f-a25f-2bbf3e39ae64

     He is.

     Kevin  Stefansky moves to the head of the scapegoat line 

     WSS

    Splitting hairs I suppose, but I'd fire DePidesta first. Let Berry & Stefanski run the team.

    Weird thing is the Browns starting LBs all go down with injury and the backups did fairly well, all the while with a substandard interior D line.

    Woods adjusted I think, but waaaaaay too late 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @bob806 said:

    Splitting hairs I suppose, but I'd fire DePidesta first. Let Berry & Stefanski run the team.

    Weird thing is the Browns starting LBs all go down with injury and the backups did fairly well, all the while with a substandard interior D line.

    Woods adjusted I think, but waaaaaay too late 

     Maybe.

    DePud  seems like hes had the haslam's ear for a long time. Who knows whose idea was to waste the treasure on Watson? Personnel wise that's the guy I would fire 1st.

    WSS

  • @bob806 said:

    Splitting hairs I suppose, but I'd fire DePidesta first. Let Berry & Stefanski run the team.

    Weird thing is the Browns starting LBs all go down with injury and the backups did fairly well, all the while with a substandard interior D line.

    Woods adjusted I think, but waaaaaay too late 

     Maybe.

    DePud  seems like hes had the haslam's ear for a long time. Who knows whose idea was to waste the treasure on Watson? Personnel wise that's the guy I would fire 1st.

    WSS

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @westside-steve said:

     Maybe.

    DePud  seems like hes had the haslam's ear for a long time. Who knows whose idea was to waste the treasure on Watson? Personnel wise that's the guy I would fire 1st.

    WSS

    Yeah I'm wondering if DePodesta is some kind of salary cap whiz. His usefulness to we fans is over, the tanking is well over.

    Regarding DW, he's got a long way to go. Looks a bit lost at times.

  • @westside-steve said:

     Maybe.

    DePud  seems like hes had the haslam's ear for a long time. Who knows whose idea was to waste the treasure on Watson? Personnel wise that's the guy I would fire 1st.

    WSS

    Yeah I'm wondering if DePodesta is some kind of salary cap whiz. His usefulness to we fans is over, the tanking is well over.

    Regarding DW, he's got a long way to go. Looks a bit lost at times.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @bob806 said:

    Yeah I'm wondering if DePodesta is some kind of salary cap whiz. His usefulness to we fans is over, the tanking is well over.

    Regarding DW, he's got a long way to go. Looks a bit lost at times.

    DePuds  Claim to fame is getting lucky with the baseball team that almost won the championship. As for DW I'm more concerned with the deal than his actual play. So whoever thought that was a good idea…

    WSS

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    It is Official.

    Woods relieved of his duties as D Coordinator 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #9

    @westside-steve said:

    https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/cleveland-browns-fire-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-report-tom-pelissero-nfl-network/95-0bfe381c-ec43-464f-a25f-2bbf3e39ae64

     He is.

     Kevin  Stefansky moves to the head of the scapegoat line 

     WSS

    Yep, I think Kev gets another year but his seat is getting warm.

    In hindsight, the Browns finished with a worse record than an injured Mayfield 2021 season.

    Somehow we were told that “we are just a QB upgrade away from being a contender” fable.

    However, as long as Depud stays in place the scenery will stay the same.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/cleveland-browns-fire-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-report-tom-pelissero-nfl-network/95-0bfe381c-ec43-464f-a25f-2bbf3e39ae64

     He is.

     Kevin  Stefansky moves to the head of the scapegoat line 

     WSS

    Yep, I think Kev gets another year but his seat is getting warm.

    In hindsight, the Browns finished with a worse record than an injured Mayfield 2021 season.

    Somehow we were told that “we are just a QB upgrade away from being a contender” fable.

    However, as long as Depud stays in place the scenery will stay the same.

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yep, I think Kev gets another year but his seat is getting warm.

    In hindsight, the Browns finished with a worse record than an injured Mayfield 2021 season.

    Somehow we were told that “we are just a QB upgrade away from being a contender” fable.

    However, as long as Depud stays in place the scenery will stay the same.

    Rust. It was the rust.

  • @westside-steve said:

     Maybe.

    DePud  seems like hes had the haslam's ear for a long time. Who knows whose idea was to waste the treasure on Watson? Personnel wise that's the guy I would fire 1st.

    WSS

    Yeah I'm wondering if DePodesta is some kind of salary cap whiz. His usefulness to we fans is over, the tanking is well over.

    Regarding DW, he's got a long way to go. Looks a bit lost at times.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @bob806 said:

    Yeah I'm wondering if DePodesta is some kind of salary cap whiz. His usefulness to we fans is over, the tanking is well over.

    Regarding DW, he's got a long way to go. Looks a bit lost at times.

    He looks washed up to be honest...

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/cleveland-browns-fire-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-report-tom-pelissero-nfl-network/95-0bfe381c-ec43-464f-a25f-2bbf3e39ae64

     He is.

     Kevin  Stefansky moves to the head of the scapegoat line 

     WSS

    Yep, I think Kev gets another year but his seat is getting warm.

    In hindsight, the Browns finished with a worse record than an injured Mayfield 2021 season.

    Somehow we were told that “we are just a QB upgrade away from being a contender” fable.

    However, as long as Depud stays in place the scenery will stay the same.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yep, I think Kev gets another year but his seat is getting warm.

    In hindsight, the Browns finished with a worse record than an injured Mayfield 2021 season.

    Somehow we were told that “we are just a QB upgrade away from being a contender” fable.

    However, as long as Depud stays in place the scenery will stay the same.

    sad, but right on point. How many wrong choices of HC does it take to realize it's who picks the coaches that is the problem? And it's true - the pitiful Mayfield playing with a broken shoulder experiment failed, and still they won more games than this year. And THAT is WITHOUT a star wideout - Amari Cooper. Without Cooper, watson would have been a worse dud.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Yep, I think Kev gets another year but his seat is getting warm.

    In hindsight, the Browns finished with a worse record than an injured Mayfield 2021 season.

    Somehow we were told that “we are just a QB upgrade away from being a contender” fable.

    However, as long as Depud stays in place the scenery will stay the same.

    sad, but right on point. How many wrong choices of HC does it take to realize it's who picks the coaches that is the problem? And it's true - the pitiful Mayfield playing with a broken shoulder experiment failed, and still they won more games than this year. And THAT is WITHOUT a star wideout - Amari Cooper. Without Cooper, watson would have been a worse dud.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @calfoxwc said:

    sad, but right on point. How many wrong choices of HC does it take to realize it's who picks the coaches that is the problem? And it's true - the pitiful Mayfield playing with a broken shoulder experiment failed, and still they won more games than this year. And THAT is WITHOUT a star wideout - Amari Cooper. Without Cooper, watson would have been a worse dud.

    Watson looks washed up already. Id rather start Brissett next season...

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Gotta give Watson a full year a starter before I make any judgements.  

  • Gotta give Watson a full year a starter before I make any judgements.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Gotta give Watson a full year a starter before I make any judgements.  

    He's garbage...

  • F FY56 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    That was a playoff game for the Steelers. A must win.

    We did have a QB once that beat the Steelers in their house in a playoff game, so it can be done.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    This Mayfield love is making me sick. 

  • It is Official.

    Woods relieved of his duties as D Coordinator 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @sdbacker80 said:

    It is Official.

    Woods relieved of his duties as D Coordinator 

    And like the old saying goes ....  "it's easier to get rid of one coach than   _ _  (?) number of players "....  but in this case it seems to be a step in the right direction. 

    Would the awful play caller might be next ?   R sure seemed like a good idea this past season. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I'll just say it right now... I expect no better results next year... Haslam still owns it and Shithispantski  is still part of of it...

  • That was a playoff game for the Steelers. A must win.

    We did have a QB once that beat the Steelers in their house in a playoff game, so it can be done.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @fy56 said:

    That was a playoff game for the Steelers. A must win.

    We did have a QB once that beat the Steelers in their house in a playoff game, so it can be done.

    Didn't realize Watson played defense too. That blown coverage was an absolute back breaker. Nick Chubb hardly used. Yeah, Watson made some bad throws but is hardly the sole reason for the loss.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    It is Official.

    Woods relieved of his duties as D Coordinator 

    And like the old saying goes ....  "it's easier to get rid of one coach than   _ _  (?) number of players "....  but in this case it seems to be a step in the right direction. 

    Would the awful play caller might be next ?   R sure seemed like a good idea this past season. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mjp28 said:

    And like the old saying goes ....  "it's easier to get rid of one coach than   _ _  (?) number of players "....  but in this case it seems to be a step in the right direction. 

    Would the awful play caller might be next ?   R sure seemed like a good idea this past season. 

    I for one would like to see Stefanski get that offensive play calling sheet away from his face, and actually see what’s going on.

    It seems he can’t relinquish his former life as an OC.

  • @mjp28 said:

    And like the old saying goes ....  "it's easier to get rid of one coach than   _ _  (?) number of players "....  but in this case it seems to be a step in the right direction. 

    Would the awful play caller might be next ?   R sure seemed like a good idea this past season. 

    I for one would like to see Stefanski get that offensive play calling sheet away from his face, and actually see what’s going on.

    It seems he can’t relinquish his former life as an OC.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #22

    @canton-dawg said:

    I for one would like to see Stefanski get that offensive play calling sheet away from his face, and actually see what’s going on.

    It seems he can’t relinquish his former life as an OC.

    Man, this is it for me too. I'm all for giving Stef one more year as I have been an unwilling passenger on the Browns' new Head Coach carrousel before and all it does is make us sick. 

    But he has got to give away play calling in my eyes to have any chance at being successful. If he is allowed to call plays next year, he will compete to be the first Head Coach fired in early November. 

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I was never a Joe Woods fan. Never an in game adjustment. As for Stefanski I  agree with  the above statements he needs to give up the play calling! Just be the head coach! Get in the ears of the coordinators,coaches,players, and the REFs!!!! He needs to have more fire? AND put more BOOTS TO ASSES!!! OR hire a defensive coordinator who can!?

    GO BROWNS!!!