Skip to content

David Crosby

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
14 8 1.3k 1
  • Teach your Children Well

    and this news just sucks 🙁

    RIP David Crosby ?

  • Teach your Children Well

    and this news just sucks 🙁

    RIP David Crosby ?

    @gumby73 said:

    Teach your Children Well

    and this news just sucks 🙁

    RIP David Crosby ?

    Remember these years, supergroup ?

    ..... In the 1960s, Stephen Stills and Neil Young were members of another band, called Buffalo Springfield. Crosby was a founding member of The Byrds, and British-born Graham Nash was a member of The Hollies. Crosby was fired from the Byrds late in 1967, and the Buffalo Springfield disbanded the next year. Nash went to California, where the others lived and worked, when the Hollies visited there in 1968.

    Nash and Crosby had met earlier in England, and got back in touch in California. Crosby and Stills had worked together on two songs, called "Wooden Ships" and "You Don't Have To Cry". Performing "You Don't Have To Cry" for Nash, he joined in on harmonies, and the three noticed they had a special sound together. Nash moved to California, and the three formed a band. They signed a recording contract with Atlantic Records.

    Stills and Crosby were free to work together, and record for Atlantic, but Nash still belonged to the Hollies, who had a contract with Epic Records. A trade was worked out, between Atlantic and Epic. In exchange for losing Nash, Epic Records got to sign up another Atlantic band, Poco, formed by Richie Furay from the Buffalo Springfield...... and on it went .....

  • seems i remember crosby called  jim morrison a no talent poser ? is that true or am i misremembering

  • Glad he redeemed himself there after all of the drug and alcohol abuse. Not surprising but he had been in some very ill health along with just mentioned over in abusing his body. RIP.

  • sydS syd

    seems i remember crosby called  jim morrison a no talent poser ? is that true or am i misremembering

    @syd said:

    seems i remember crosby called  jim morrison a no talent poser ? is that true or am i misremembering

    Something like .....

    David Crosby on meeting Jim Morrison while on acid: "He walks by and he pulls my shades off and says, ‘You can’t hide in there'...I never liked him much after that.”
  • RIP DC... I recently saw a video of Stephen Stills... The poor man has gone tone deaf...

  • RIP DC... I recently saw a video of Stephen Stills... The poor man has gone tone deaf...

    @nickers said:

    RIP DC... I recently saw a video of Stephen Stills... The poor man has gone tone deaf...

    not sure which l.p cover it was but Stills seemed to be wearing a browns jersey

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    RIP DC... I recently saw a video of Stephen Stills... The poor man has gone tone deaf...

    not sure which l.p cover it was but Stills seemed to be wearing a browns jersey

    @syd said:

    not sure which l.p cover it was but Stills seemed to be wearing a browns jersey

    I'll have to search that...

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    RIP DC... I recently saw a video of Stephen Stills... The poor man has gone tone deaf...

    not sure which l.p cover it was but Stills seemed to be wearing a browns jersey

    @syd said:

    not sure which l.p cover it was but Stills seemed to be wearing a browns jersey

    From Guild.com   for Guild enthusiasts. 5 pictures. 

    Can you identify the different teams? Here's my guesses:

    1st photo... Cleveland Browns
    2nd photo... unidentifiable
    3rd photo... UCLA Bruins
    4th photo... San Diego Chargers
    5th photo... LA Rams

    WSJ paywall blocked access to article for me , but I did find this from a Rolling Stone "Doom Tour" article:

    Stills: "I had just come back from coral diving in Hawaii. I was tan and really cut. There's an album cover of a solo album [1975's Stills] shot at those rehearsals. I look at it now and go, 'I want that body back!"I wore football jerseys before it was cool. People like Jann Wenner would always ask me, 'What's with the football uniform?' I'd say, 'We're in a football stadium and they're loud and colorful. And I like football.' The next year Mick Jagger shows up with a Philadelphia Eagles uniform at a show."

    rs-15753-20140619-stills-x600-1403186421.jpg


    Great stuff........I googled the numbers from the corresponding teams rosters mid seventies and this is my best guess as to the players whose numbers he is wearing.
    Cleveland Browns #22 Clarence Scott
    San Diego Chargers #19 Neal Jeffrey
    Minnesota Vikings #41 Dave Osborn

    No idea about pic #2 or #3

    LTG-Banner.png

    A-236968-1294828049 (1).jpg

  • @syd said:

    not sure which l.p cover it was but Stills seemed to be wearing a browns jersey

    From Guild.com   for Guild enthusiasts. 5 pictures. 

    Can you identify the different teams? Here's my guesses:

    1st photo... Cleveland Browns
    2nd photo... unidentifiable
    3rd photo... UCLA Bruins
    4th photo... San Diego Chargers
    5th photo... LA Rams

    WSJ paywall blocked access to article for me , but I did find this from a Rolling Stone "Doom Tour" article:

    Stills: "I had just come back from coral diving in Hawaii. I was tan and really cut. There's an album cover of a solo album [1975's Stills] shot at those rehearsals. I look at it now and go, 'I want that body back!"I wore football jerseys before it was cool. People like Jann Wenner would always ask me, 'What's with the football uniform?' I'd say, 'We're in a football stadium and they're loud and colorful. And I like football.' The next year Mick Jagger shows up with a Philadelphia Eagles uniform at a show."

    rs-15753-20140619-stills-x600-1403186421.jpg


    Great stuff........I googled the numbers from the corresponding teams rosters mid seventies and this is my best guess as to the players whose numbers he is wearing.
    Cleveland Browns #22 Clarence Scott
    San Diego Chargers #19 Neal Jeffrey
    Minnesota Vikings #41 Dave Osborn

    No idea about pic #2 or #3

    LTG-Banner.png

    A-236968-1294828049 (1).jpg

    @mjp28 said:

    From Guild.com   for Guild enthusiasts. 5 pictures. 

    Can you identify the different teams? Here's my guesses:

    1st photo... Cleveland Browns
    2nd photo... unidentifiable
    3rd photo... UCLA Bruins
    4th photo... San Diego Chargers
    5th photo... LA Rams

    WSJ paywall blocked access to article for me , but I did find this from a Rolling Stone "Doom Tour" article:

    Stills: "I had just come back from coral diving in Hawaii. I was tan and really cut. There's an album cover of a solo album [1975's Stills] shot at those rehearsals. I look at it now and go, 'I want that body back!"I wore football jerseys before it was cool. People like Jann Wenner would always ask me, 'What's with the football uniform?' I'd say, 'We're in a football stadium and they're loud and colorful. And I like football.' The next year Mick Jagger shows up with a Philadelphia Eagles uniform at a show."

    rs-15753-20140619-stills-x600-1403186421.jpg


    Great stuff........I googled the numbers from the corresponding teams rosters mid seventies and this is my best guess as to the players whose numbers he is wearing.
    Cleveland Browns #22 Clarence Scott
    San Diego Chargers #19 Neal Jeffrey
    Minnesota Vikings #41 Dave Osborn

    No idea about pic #2 or #3

    LTG-Banner.png

    A-236968-1294828049 (1).jpg

    thanks man good stuff