Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Road Rage

Road Rage

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
21 Posts 10 Posters 900 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #1

    Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit. I was in a right hand turn lane yesterday with my blinker on and some guy Squealed around me to the left wailing the horn, only to stop at the light and make a left hand turn.

    Just seems like assholes are laying on the horn a lot more these days. I actually kind of almost understand if I was dicking around stopped in the middle of the street wondering which way to turn but I wasn't.

    Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    Bob806B AxeA N F 4 Replies Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • W Westside Steve

      Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit. I was in a right hand turn lane yesterday with my blinker on and some guy Squealed around me to the left wailing the horn, only to stop at the light and make a left hand turn.

      Just seems like assholes are laying on the horn a lot more these days. I actually kind of almost understand if I was dicking around stopped in the middle of the street wondering which way to turn but I wasn't.

      Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

      WSS

      Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @westside-steve said:

      Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

      WSS

      Yes. I think after all the lockdowns, people came out of it a bit edgy (understandable) and it does seem society is ruder in general. 

      Karlis Missed
      N 1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
        • 64k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Actually, it does ! Just today we were driving around, some nut passed us, in the left lane, we were in the right lane, then cut in front of us, hit his brakes, and turned right with no signal. No reason, nobody was behind us.  We were driving around the Hocking HIlls area, checking our state parks for fishing and camping possibilities, and people were driving aggressively, anytime there was much traffic. And speeding, we were doing 75 in a 70, and here and there, got passed like we were doing 20 in a school zone. There's angry people out there, for whatever reason.

        nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • W Westside Steve

          Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit. I was in a right hand turn lane yesterday with my blinker on and some guy Squealed around me to the left wailing the horn, only to stop at the light and make a left hand turn.

          Just seems like assholes are laying on the horn a lot more these days. I actually kind of almost understand if I was dicking around stopped in the middle of the street wondering which way to turn but I wasn't.

          Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

          WSS

          Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 10k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @westside-steve said:

          Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit.

          WSS

          Some of us want to seriously break the law 😉

          Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
            • 4k Posts
            • 3k Reputation
            DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I always carry my 9mm pistol with me.?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Bob806B Bob806

              @westside-steve said:

              Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

              WSS

              Yes. I think after all the lockdowns, people came out of it a bit edgy (understandable) and it does seem society is ruder in general. 

              Neo N Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 734 Reputation
              N Neo wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @bob806 said:

              Yes. I think after all the lockdowns, people came out of it a bit edgy (understandable) and it does seem society is ruder in general. 

              Nah, I think it's always been like that. You're just noticing it more. Which is why I've never been a people person. Probably never will be. 

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • W Westside Steve

                Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit. I was in a right hand turn lane yesterday with my blinker on and some guy Squealed around me to the left wailing the horn, only to stop at the light and make a left hand turn.

                Just seems like assholes are laying on the horn a lot more these days. I actually kind of almost understand if I was dicking around stopped in the middle of the street wondering which way to turn but I wasn't.

                Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

                WSS

                Neo N Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 2k Posts
                • 734 Reputation
                N Neo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @westside-steve said:

                Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

                WSS

                Nope. Like someone said, COVID had something to do with it. Being away from everyone while in lockdown and then going back to normal, you notice it more. Like being nose blind to odors in your house. If you have been away from your home for a month or two, you notice it smells different when you come home. I truely could care less if I ever saw another human being again unless it was my family or someone I really cared about. 

                VamboV W 2 Replies Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • N Neo

                  @westside-steve said:

                  Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

                  WSS

                  Nope. Like someone said, COVID had something to do with it. Being away from everyone while in lockdown and then going back to normal, you notice it more. Like being nose blind to odors in your house. If you have been away from your home for a month or two, you notice it smells different when you come home. I truely could care less if I ever saw another human being again unless it was my family or someone I really cared about. 

                  Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                  • 18k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @neo said:

                  Nope. Like someone said, COVID had something to do with it. Being away from everyone while in lockdown and then going back to normal, you notice it more. Like being nose blind to odors in your house. If you have been away from your home for a month or two, you notice it smells different when you come home. I truely could care less if I ever saw another human being again unless it was my family or someone I really cared about. 

                  N 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • N Neo

                    @westside-steve said:

                    Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

                    WSS

                    Nope. Like someone said, COVID had something to do with it. Being away from everyone while in lockdown and then going back to normal, you notice it more. Like being nose blind to odors in your house. If you have been away from your home for a month or two, you notice it smells different when you come home. I truely could care less if I ever saw another human being again unless it was my family or someone I really cared about. 

                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 39k Posts
                    • 9k Reputation
                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @neo said:

                    Nope. Like someone said, COVID had something to do with it. Being away from everyone while in lockdown and then going back to normal, you notice it more. Like being nose blind to odors in your house. If you have been away from your home for a month or two, you notice it smells different when you come home. I truely could care less if I ever saw another human being again unless it was my family or someone I really cared about. 

                    Well that is an interesting take. For myself I've resisted any kind of quarantine over Covid panic so the Isolation factor hasn't been that much of a problem. But I think societal acceptance of isolation is becoming more and more prevalent and probably will keep growing as time goes by and more and more public venues and servicesstart to go to delivery et cetera.

                    But I'm not picking on you I have plenty of friends who were very close in high school and young adulthood that absolutely never associate with anyone anymore unless they have to. Different strokes I suppose.

                    But it still seems to me there's a lot more blowing of the horn and getting the engine overthangs that are completely normal driving situations.

                    If someone is going slower than I would like to go I don't become enraged, I just assume they are looking for something like I might have done it some other time,

                    WSS

                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 9k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I like to drive the speed limit and see how many people I can piss off.

                      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                      DieHardBrownsFan1D 1 Reply Last reply
                      😂
                      Quote Reply
                      • W Westside Steve

                        Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit. I was in a right hand turn lane yesterday with my blinker on and some guy Squealed around me to the left wailing the horn, only to stop at the light and make a left hand turn.

                        Just seems like assholes are laying on the horn a lot more these days. I actually kind of almost understand if I was dicking around stopped in the middle of the street wondering which way to turn but I wasn't.

                        Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

                        WSS

                        FY56 F One Year In Posting Machine Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 3k Reputation
                        F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56
                        #11

                        @westside-steve said:

                        Honestly does it seem to you guys that other drivers are getting worse and worse? It seems to me I get a lot more people blaring their horn and burning around me when I'm going the speed limit. I was in a right hand turn lane yesterday with my blinker on and some guy Squealed around me to the left wailing the horn, only to stop at the light and make a left hand turn.

                        Just seems like assholes are laying on the horn a lot more these days. I actually kind of almost understand if I was dicking around stopped in the middle of the street wondering which way to turn but I wasn't.

                        Is society just becoming more fucked up every week?

                        WSS

                        You may have not been wearing a mask.lol

                        Next time check and see if the asshole driver was wearing a mask. lol

                        Seriously though, I don't feel there are any more or less a-hole drivers out there. Sometimes I run into one (not literally lol), most of the times I don't.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • ballpeenB ballpeen

                          I like to drive the speed limit and see how many people I can piss off.

                          DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 3k Reputation
                          DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @ballpeen said:

                          I like to drive the speed limit and see how many people I can piss off.

                          Also, stay in the fast lane with both hands on the wheel.  Go about 10 mph under the speed limit.

                          ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Neo N Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 734 Reputation
                            N Neo wrote on last edited by Neo
                            #13

                            I am going to install a windshield washer motor and squirter hooked to a quart of motor oil in the deck of my trunk lid for those who intentionally try to piss me off by driving slower than the posted speed. Better not let me pass you or good luck getting that off your windshield. If someone wants to drive faster than you on the highway, switch lanes and let them pass for fuck sake. 

                            ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • VamboV Vambo

                              @neo said:

                              Nope. Like someone said, COVID had something to do with it. Being away from everyone while in lockdown and then going back to normal, you notice it more. Like being nose blind to odors in your house. If you have been away from your home for a month or two, you notice it smells different when you come home. I truely could care less if I ever saw another human being again unless it was my family or someone I really cared about. 

                              Neo N Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 734 Reputation
                              N Neo wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @vambo said:

                              Thanks for proving my point.

                              VamboV 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 10k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Well, if what I see down here every winter is any indication when the fucking Yankees clog the roads then it's no wonder.. You fuckers can't drive..

                                Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • C calfoxwc

                                  Actually, it does ! Just today we were driving around, some nut passed us, in the left lane, we were in the right lane, then cut in front of us, hit his brakes, and turned right with no signal. No reason, nobody was behind us.  We were driving around the Hocking HIlls area, checking our state parks for fishing and camping possibilities, and people were driving aggressively, anytime there was much traffic. And speeding, we were doing 75 in a 70, and here and there, got passed like we were doing 20 in a school zone. There's angry people out there, for whatever reason.

                                  nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                  • 14k Posts
                                  • 5k Reputation
                                  nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @calfoxwc said:

                                  Actually, it does ! Just today we were driving around, some nut passed us, in the left lane, we were in the right lane, then cut in front of us, hit his brakes, and turned right with no signal. No reason, nobody was behind us.  We were driving around the Hocking HIlls area, checking our state parks for fishing and camping possibilities, and people were driving aggressively, anytime there was much traffic. And speeding, we were doing 75 in a 70, and here and there, got passed like we were doing 20 in a school zone. There's angry people out there, for whatever reason.

                                  Great area... Went there last summer... Id say also make a trip to Letchworth St Park in West central NY.

                                  Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • N Neo

                                    @vambo said:

                                    Thanks for proving my point.

                                    Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 18k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @neo said:

                                    Thanks for proving my point.

                                    Wear a hat and no one will notice!   image.jpeg.121f4f33dcbcf91fe343cadebdd5a06d.jpeg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1

                                      @ballpeen said:

                                      I like to drive the speed limit and see how many people I can piss off.

                                      Also, stay in the fast lane with both hands on the wheel.  Go about 10 mph under the speed limit.

                                      ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 9k Posts
                                      • 2k Reputation
                                      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

                                      Also, stay in the fast lane with both hands on the wheel.  Go about 10 mph under the speed limit.

                                      I don't do that.  The left lane is for passing.  If I am not passing anybody I have no need to drive the left lane.

                                      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • N Neo

                                        I am going to install a windshield washer motor and squirter hooked to a quart of motor oil in the deck of my trunk lid for those who intentionally try to piss me off by driving slower than the posted speed. Better not let me pass you or good luck getting that off your windshield. If someone wants to drive faster than you on the highway, switch lanes and let them pass for fuck sake. 

                                        ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 9k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @neo said:

                                        I am going to install a windshield washer motor and squirter hooked to a quart of motor oil in the deck of my trunk lid for those who intentionally try to piss me off by driving slower than the posted speed. Better not let me pass you or good luck getting that off your windshield. If someone wants to drive faster than you on the highway, switch lanes and let them pass for fuck sake. 

                                        Oil is too thick to work with a weak pump.  Use ink.  It will spray just fine.

                                        But rather than up on your deck lid, mount it under the rear bumper. That way it looks like road spray of some sort.   I never did that of course.

                                        I did help a buddy when in college rig up the same deal in to his glove box that dispensed Whiskey. Tasted like crap until we figured out what type of tubing to use.

                                        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                        N 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                          @neo said:

                                          I am going to install a windshield washer motor and squirter hooked to a quart of motor oil in the deck of my trunk lid for those who intentionally try to piss me off by driving slower than the posted speed. Better not let me pass you or good luck getting that off your windshield. If someone wants to drive faster than you on the highway, switch lanes and let them pass for fuck sake. 

                                          Oil is too thick to work with a weak pump.  Use ink.  It will spray just fine.

                                          But rather than up on your deck lid, mount it under the rear bumper. That way it looks like road spray of some sort.   I never did that of course.

                                          I did help a buddy when in college rig up the same deal in to his glove box that dispensed Whiskey. Tasted like crap until we figured out what type of tubing to use.

                                          Neo N Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 734 Reputation
                                          N Neo wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @ballpeen said:

                                          Oil is too thick to work with a weak pump.  Use ink.  It will spray just fine.

                                          But rather than up on your deck lid, mount it under the rear bumper. That way it looks like road spray of some sort.   I never did that of course.

                                          I did help a buddy when in college rig up the same deal in to his glove box that dispensed Whiskey. Tasted like crap until we figured out what type of tubing to use.

                                          I'm not actually going to do it, I thought about it. I wouldn't use ink, I would use something clear that looks like water. Black Magic tire shine. I used to have a car with a vinyl top that I would use the Black Magic on. I learned the hard way, you get that shit on your windows, it WILL NOT COME OFF. Even if you clean the window, it will look clean, but it smears badly. It like permanently stains the window. I tried everything under the sun to get it off, Windex, rubbing alchohol, acetone, mineral spirits, you name it I tried it. And it never came off. That is, if the formula is still the same. It may have changed after all these years.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate