~ AND ~ ? only 204 days and now 92 ? 57 ? 32 ? 19 ? YES really ! And still counting... ? ....?
-
It's 16 days before I have to finally decide if I want to send off $4500 to the Browns to renew my season tickets. It's finally reached the point where I am weighing if the money spent is worth the enjoyment I receive.
As a kid who grew up in Bay Village, a western suburb, I do gain enjoyment of going up, and the gameday experience is good. I do gain enjoyment from saying I am a season ticket holder. But I could just get tickets aftermarket for $300 a pop X 2 and still go to 5 games for less money.
I also have to consider I am getting older and the trip up and back isn't as easy as it once was. It's a 585 mile drive each way. I also have to consider that for every dollar spent on the tickets, I spend that again on gas, hotels, meals, etc. Shoot, even more. Hotels 3 nights a trip. A dent hotel might run $110 a night if you are lucky. Add in tax call it $150 a night. Add in all the other, probably near $1000 a game X 7-8 games.
It's 16 days before I have to finally decide if I want to send off $4500 to the Browns to renew my season tickets. It's finally reached the point where I am weighing if the money spent is worth the enjoyment I receive.
As a kid who grew up in Bay Village, a western suburb, I do gain enjoyment of going up, and the gameday experience is good. I do gain enjoyment from saying I am a season ticket holder. But I could just get tickets aftermarket for $300 a pop X 2 and still go to 5 games for less money.
I also have to consider I am getting older and the trip up and back isn't as easy as it once was. It's a 585 mile drive each way. I also have to consider that for every dollar spent on the tickets, I spend that again on gas, hotels, meals, etc. Shoot, even more. Hotels 3 nights a trip. A dent hotel might run $110 a night if you are lucky. Add in tax call it $150 a night. Add in all the other, probably near $1000 a game X 7-8 games.
A serious thing to consider every single year.
For $4,500 you could get a nice TV, stereo, new computer, and maybe a few more toys to use for all 52 weeks, year after year.
Food for thought. ??
-
I have all of that stuff, but I know what you mean. It would probably go towards more travel and entertainment of some sort.
-
It's 16 days before I have to finally decide if I want to send off $4500 to the Browns to renew my season tickets. It's finally reached the point where I am weighing if the money spent is worth the enjoyment I receive.
As a kid who grew up in Bay Village, a western suburb, I do gain enjoyment of going up, and the gameday experience is good. I do gain enjoyment from saying I am a season ticket holder. But I could just get tickets aftermarket for $300 a pop X 2 and still go to 5 games for less money.
I also have to consider I am getting older and the trip up and back isn't as easy as it once was. It's a 585 mile drive each way. I also have to consider that for every dollar spent on the tickets, I spend that again on gas, hotels, meals, etc. Shoot, even more. Hotels 3 nights a trip. A dent hotel might run $110 a night if you are lucky. Add in tax call it $150 a night. Add in all the other, probably near $1000 a game X 7-8 games.
with what you are spending couldn't you just get a apartment in Cleveland if you dumped the season tickets ? and then you could just rent the place out after the season is over
with what you are spending couldn't you just get a apartment in Cleveland if you dumped the season tickets ? and then you could just rent the place out after the season is over
I have thought about that. Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.
My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago. prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here. There are hassles with owing that we no longer have. We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore. Apartment living is perfect. We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away. I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.
Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks. She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay. I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between. We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget without digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.
I'll probably just keep the tickets. I like being a season ticket holder. I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off. That would piss me off. If they flop this year, that will be the signal. I may just go up to fewer games. Maybe try to sell a few games.
I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them. Screw that. I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)
-
-
with what you are spending couldn't you just get a apartment in Cleveland if you dumped the season tickets ? and then you could just rent the place out after the season is over
I have thought about that. Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.
My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago. prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here. There are hassles with owing that we no longer have. We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore. Apartment living is perfect. We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away. I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.
Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks. She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay. I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between. We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget without digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.
I'll probably just keep the tickets. I like being a season ticket holder. I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off. That would piss me off. If they flop this year, that will be the signal. I may just go up to fewer games. Maybe try to sell a few games.
I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them. Screw that. I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)
I have thought about that. Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.
My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago. prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here. There are hassles with owing that we no longer have. We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore. Apartment living is perfect. We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away. I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.
Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks. She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay. I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between. We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget without digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.
I'll probably just keep the tickets. I like being a season ticket holder. I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off. That would piss me off. If they flop this year, that will be the signal. I may just go up to fewer games. Maybe try to sell a few games.
I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them. Screw that. I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)
we have talked about renting a place in Cleveland for the season but i have been gone so long i have no idea where(a safe place) or how much it would cost
-
with what you are spending couldn't you just get a apartment in Cleveland if you dumped the season tickets ? and then you could just rent the place out after the season is over
I have thought about that. Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.
My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago. prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here. There are hassles with owing that we no longer have. We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore. Apartment living is perfect. We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away. I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.
Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks. She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay. I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between. We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget without digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.
I'll probably just keep the tickets. I like being a season ticket holder. I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off. That would piss me off. If they flop this year, that will be the signal. I may just go up to fewer games. Maybe try to sell a few games.
I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them. Screw that. I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)
I have thought about that. Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.
My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago. prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here. There are hassles with owing that we no longer have. We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore. Apartment living is perfect. We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away. I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.
Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks. She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay. I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between. We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget without digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.
I'll probably just keep the tickets. I like being a season ticket holder. I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off. That would piss me off. If they flop this year, that will be the signal. I may just go up to fewer games. Maybe try to sell a few games.
I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them. Screw that. I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)
All the kinds of things that we retired people try to balance it can be fun ..... balancing your life styles and living requirements -and- everything else that goes along with that. That includes leisure time activities like following our BROWNS which can be a challenge at times.

At 72 and 66 we're pretty well set up in our 3 BR "forever" home at least for the next 10+ or so years. I don't know exactly what the below 50 or 40 or whatever are going to do ..... a real challenge for the financial planning for them. Good luck.
-
I have thought about that. Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.
My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago. prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here. There are hassles with owing that we no longer have. We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore. Apartment living is perfect. We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away. I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.
Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks. She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay. I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between. We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget without digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.
I'll probably just keep the tickets. I like being a season ticket holder. I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off. That would piss me off. If they flop this year, that will be the signal. I may just go up to fewer games. Maybe try to sell a few games.
I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them. Screw that. I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)
All the kinds of things that we retired people try to balance it can be fun ..... balancing your life styles and living requirements -and- everything else that goes along with that. That includes leisure time activities like following our BROWNS which can be a challenge at times.

At 72 and 66 we're pretty well set up in our 3 BR "forever" home at least for the next 10+ or so years. I don't know exactly what the below 50 or 40 or whatever are going to do ..... a real challenge for the financial planning for them. Good luck.
-
Heroin.
We're going to sell heroin.
Nice to have a good financial plan all well thought out.

-
-
I have thought about that. Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.
My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago. prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here. There are hassles with owing that we no longer have. We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore. Apartment living is perfect. We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away. I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.
Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks. She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay. I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between. We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget without digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.
I'll probably just keep the tickets. I like being a season ticket holder. I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off. That would piss me off. If they flop this year, that will be the signal. I may just go up to fewer games. Maybe try to sell a few games.
I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them. Screw that. I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)
All the kinds of things that we retired people try to balance it can be fun ..... balancing your life styles and living requirements -and- everything else that goes along with that. That includes leisure time activities like following our BROWNS which can be a challenge at times.

At 72 and 66 we're pretty well set up in our 3 BR "forever" home at least for the next 10+ or so years. I don't know exactly what the below 50 or 40 or whatever are going to do ..... a real challenge for the financial planning for them. Good luck.
All the kinds of things that we retired people try to balance it can be fun ..... balancing your life styles and living requirements -and- everything else that goes along with that. That includes leisure time activities like following our BROWNS which can be a challenge at times.

At 72 and 66 we're pretty well set up in our 3 BR "forever" home at least for the next 10+ or so years. I don't know exactly what the below 50 or 40 or whatever are going to do ..... a real challenge for the financial planning for them. Good luck.
ill be 59 in july ha i thought i was gonna be 61 (maybe i do need a calculator) but the good news is i got 2 years younger and at the end of the year I retire and if i have questions ill look ya up
-
All the kinds of things that we retired people try to balance it can be fun ..... balancing your life styles and living requirements -and- everything else that goes along with that. That includes leisure time activities like following our BROWNS which can be a challenge at times.

At 72 and 66 we're pretty well set up in our 3 BR "forever" home at least for the next 10+ or so years. I don't know exactly what the below 50 or 40 or whatever are going to do ..... a real challenge for the financial planning for them. Good luck.
ill be 59 in july ha i thought i was gonna be 61 (maybe i do need a calculator) but the good news is i got 2 years younger and at the end of the year I retire and if i have questions ill look ya up
ill be 59 in july ha i thought i was gonna be 61 (maybe i do need a calculator) but the good news is i got 2 years younger and at the end of the year I retire and if i have questions ill look ya up
Yes that might be a good idea to make sure that you have some kind of workable plan heading into your retirement years.
Number one might be when do you plan on retiring ? Then all of the many little things that you should have written down about your plan. When you're good and ready just drop me a PM and we'll go from there. I've done this many, many times although I am retired and i do all of this for my friends, relatives, neighbors pro bono (no cost).
I've done taxes for 30+ years including setting up a tax business ....... and giving it to a friend, SHE has done very well with it. BUT I haven't done anyone's taxes since 2015 still I know what to do, a part of the plan. Oh a good up-to-date will ? All of those little things, when you're ready. mjp.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login