Skip to content

~  AND  ~   ?   only  204 days  and now 92 ? 57 ? 32 ? 19 ? YES really ! And still counting...  ?   ....​​​​​​​?

The Browns Board
459 16 20.8k 1
  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #66

    179 day's

    maybe someone's dog had a birthday today

  • sydS syd

    179 day's

    maybe someone's dog had a birthday today

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @syd said:

    179 day's

    maybe someone's dog had a birthday today

    Michael Caine, Quincy Jones, Billy Crystal and radio personality Rick Dees. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #68

    178 day's left

    Dee Snider was born on this date singer of crooked brother 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #69

    177 day's

    Nancy Wilsons born on date

  • sydS syd

    177 day's

    Nancy Wilsons born on date

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @syd said:

    177 day's

    Nancy Wilsons born on date

    ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #71

    176 day's

    Happy ST.PATS Day i'm headed to the coast for a couple of day's to bet March Madness and to see George Thorogood play tonight so Hell Ya 

  • sydS syd

    176 day's

    Happy ST.PATS Day i'm headed to the coast for a couple of day's to bet March Madness and to see George Thorogood play tonight so Hell Ya 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @syd said:

    176 day's

    Happy ST.PATS Day i'm headed to the coast for a couple of day's to bet March Madness and to see George Thorogood play tonight so Hell Ya 

    I'll be seeing Springsteen in Cleveland in about three weeks!

  • @syd said:

    176 day's

    Happy ST.PATS Day i'm headed to the coast for a couple of day's to bet March Madness and to see George Thorogood play tonight so Hell Ya 

    I'll be seeing Springsteen in Cleveland in about three weeks!

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be seeing Springsteen in Cleveland in about three weeks!

    Wow!  I saw him at the Syracuse Carrier Dome back when I was in college.  I went mostly because my friend needed someone to go with him.  So, we hitch-hiked from Cortland 30 miles south of SU when it was about 5 degrees out.  Much to my surprise, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  The guy played for over 3 hours.  Then, came the worry about about getting back to Cortland without freezing and we were really lucky with that.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be seeing Springsteen in Cleveland in about three weeks!

    Wow!  I saw him at the Syracuse Carrier Dome back when I was in college.  I went mostly because my friend needed someone to go with him.  So, we hitch-hiked from Cortland 30 miles south of SU when it was about 5 degrees out.  Much to my surprise, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  The guy played for over 3 hours.  Then, came the worry about about getting back to Cortland without freezing and we were really lucky with that.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @flugel said:

    Wow!  I saw him at the Syracuse Carrier Dome back when I was in college.  I went mostly because my friend needed someone to go with him.  So, we hitch-hiked from Cortland 30 miles south of SU when it was about 5 degrees out.  Much to my surprise, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  The guy played for over 3 hours.  Then, came the worry about about getting back to Cortland without freezing and we were really lucky with that.  

    That's what I've heard about his concerts - you definitely get your money's worth. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #75

    173 days

    Gearge has still got it 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #76

    172 days

    jimmie vaughn was born on this date

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #77

    171 day's

    singer of Supertramp Rodger Hodgson was born today

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #78

    170 days.  And in World Baseball Classic news.

    ★ Undefeated Japan wins 3rd WBC.  Shantoi wins MVP, gets SAVE in clincher strikes out Mike Trout !

  • 170 days.  And in World Baseball Classic news.

    ★ Undefeated Japan wins 3rd WBC.  Shantoi wins MVP, gets SAVE in clincher strikes out Mike Trout !

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @mjp28 said:

    170 days.  And in World Baseball Classic news.

    ★ Undefeated Japan wins 3rd WBC.  Shantoi wins MVP, gets SAVE in clincher strikes out Mike Trout !

    it's to bad they play for the angels and capt.kirk turned 92 today

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #80

    169 day's

    john humphrey drummer of the nixons was born on this date

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #81

    168 day's till kickoff

    robert carradine turned 69 today

  • sydS syd

    168 day's till kickoff

    robert carradine turned 69 today

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @syd said:

    168 day's till kickoff

    robert carradine turned 69 today

    And Ray "Boom boom"  Mancini had a birthday party tonight for his 62nd birthday.   Happy 62nd birthday "Boom boom".   😁

  • @syd said:

    168 day's till kickoff

    robert carradine turned 69 today

    And Ray "Boom boom"  Mancini had a birthday party tonight for his 62nd birthday.   Happy 62nd birthday "Boom boom".   😁

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @mjp28 said:

    And Ray "Boom boom"  Mancini had a birthday party tonight for his 62nd birthday.   Happy 62nd birthday "Boom boom".   😁

    damnit we were not invited 

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    And Ray "Boom boom"  Mancini had a birthday party tonight for his 62nd birthday.   Happy 62nd birthday "Boom boom".   😁

    damnit we were not invited 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @syd said:

    damnit we were not invited 

    Maybe you weren't  .......  😆.   Well I wasn't either,  it was a surprise deal from his cigar buddies  but it was covered on WFMJ TV 21.

  • @syd said:

    with what you are spending couldn't you  just get a apartment in Cleveland if you dumped the season tickets ?  and then you could just rent the place out after the season is over 

    I have thought about that.  Keeping the tickets but eliminating the hotels would be the plan.

    My wife and i sold our house in Chattanooga 1.5 years ago.  prices were high and we were ready to be apartment dewllers after owning homes the last 40+ years, so we now live in an apartment here.  There are hassles with owing that we no longer have.  We are just the 2 of us now so we don't need the 3800 sq ft house on the lake anymore.  Apartment living is perfect.  We have also rented an apartment in Venice, Florida as a get away.  I couldn't talk her in to doing it in Cleveland.  

    Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice, so we need to a place to stay down there since we go about every 4-5 weeks.  She needs some help, so this gives us the place to stay.  I don't want to deal with apartments from Cleveland, Ohio down to Venice and a point in between.  We are doing just fine, but that doesn't fit the budget  without  digging in to things we don't want to dig in to or digging in to the things we plan to use faster than we plan to use them.

    I'll probably just keep the tickets.  I like being a season ticket holder.  I also fear that as soon as i dump them, the team will take off.  That would piss me off.  If they flop this year, that will be the signal.  I may just go up to fewer games.  Maybe try to sell a few games. 

    I have tried that in the past, but have always priced them in line with what other people in the section were pricing them.  Screw that.  I'll piss people off, but i will stick them up for face value plus $10(to cover the transaction fee)

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @ballpeen said:

    Her 98 year old mother is still doing fairly well in Venice,

    damn thats cool