Skip to content

~  AND  ~   ?   only  204 days  and now 92 ? 57 ? 32 ? 19 ? YES really ! And still counting...  ?   ....​​​​​​​?

The Browns Board
459 16 20.8k 1
  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    Maybe you weren't  .......  😆.   Well I wasn't either,  it was a surprise deal from his cigar buddies  but it was covered on WFMJ TV 21.

    some video would be cool,wonder if youtube has anything 

    @syd said:

    some video would be cool,wonder if youtube has anything 

    Ray's birthday was March 4 but they had a party for him tonight  ...... will have to check that out.  😮

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    Maybe you weren't  .......  😆.   Well I wasn't either,  it was a surprise deal from his cigar buddies  but it was covered on WFMJ TV 21.

    some video would be cool,wonder if youtube has anything 

    @syd said:

    some video would be cool,wonder if youtube has anything 

    OK I found it.   We'll sorta'.  From this Friday March 25, 2023 WFMJ TV News.

    Friday night, around 80 people gathered at the Sigaro Cigar Lounge in Hubbard. They were there to celebrate the birthdays of former boxing champion and Youngstown legend, Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini and rocker musician Donny Iris.

    "Two of our favorite friends and customers and of course, Boom Boom is a Youngstown legend and we like to think has become an ambassador for this community and Donny Iris has done the same in Pittsburgh," said Sigaro Co-Owner Steve DeGenaro.

    ★ Mancini turned 62 earlier this month, while Iris turned 80 in February. The pair struck up a friendship 10-to-15 years ago.

    "I haven't seen Ray for a couple years now and I'm excited as I can be," Donny Iris said.

    "I remember listening to his music and then I got a chance to meet him and just what a wonderful person he is," Ray Mancini said.

    One thing they both have in common is their love of cigars and over time, they became friends with the co-owners of Sigaro, Jaime Garayua and Steve DeGenaro, who opened Sigaro back in July and say this is one of their biggest events held yet.

    "We've been blessed," Garayua said. "In Hubbard, the community, the council, everybody from start to finish have been extremely inviting and welcoming and it's good because when you are moving into a community, you are looking to open up a business, those type of things are very important."

    "We did this for all our members, for Donny and Ray and it's just a great night," DeGenaro said.

    "I hope people in Youngstown and the area will come and patronize it and give it a shot because once they see it they are really going to fall in love with this place and my friend Steve and Jamie and Jamie did all the interior, all the work himself and its special man, I'm telling you, this is what a real cigar club should be," Mancini said.

    Internationally renowned tenor Marco Fiorante provided the entertainment with Station Square providing the food.

    ★  Jackie Popovec from The Vindy's even sang Happy Birthday.

    "It means everything, Derek, look, only a place like Youngstown when you got special friends, special people that they do something like this," Mancini said. "They ain't going do like this in a major city, but this is home, always been home. I love these people, I love this place and it's just wonderful to have a night like this with all these people, I'm just flattered."

     

    Next month, Mancini will be celebrated even more when he's inducted into the National Boxing Hall of Fame, the third such hall of fame he'll be a member of.

    As his dreams continue to come true though, he's urging others to chase after theirs.

    "Remember, they are not coming to you, you got to go take it, you got to go after it," Mancini said. "My father taught me, if you want a challenge, challenge greatness but you got to go take it, greatness ain't coming to you, you got to try to be great, you got to want to be great but you got to go after it."

    ★ Iris will be playing at the Robbins Theater in Warren in May and in Youngstown with REO Speedwagon in June.

    For more information on Sigaro Cigar Lounge, call 330-568-4212. You can inquire about a membership and all the different cigars they offer.

  • 167 days

    and born on this date

  • @syd said:

    some video would be cool,wonder if youtube has anything 

    OK I found it.   We'll sorta'.  From this Friday March 25, 2023 WFMJ TV News.

    Friday night, around 80 people gathered at the Sigaro Cigar Lounge in Hubbard. They were there to celebrate the birthdays of former boxing champion and Youngstown legend, Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini and rocker musician Donny Iris.

    "Two of our favorite friends and customers and of course, Boom Boom is a Youngstown legend and we like to think has become an ambassador for this community and Donny Iris has done the same in Pittsburgh," said Sigaro Co-Owner Steve DeGenaro.

    ★ Mancini turned 62 earlier this month, while Iris turned 80 in February. The pair struck up a friendship 10-to-15 years ago.

    "I haven't seen Ray for a couple years now and I'm excited as I can be," Donny Iris said.

    "I remember listening to his music and then I got a chance to meet him and just what a wonderful person he is," Ray Mancini said.

    One thing they both have in common is their love of cigars and over time, they became friends with the co-owners of Sigaro, Jaime Garayua and Steve DeGenaro, who opened Sigaro back in July and say this is one of their biggest events held yet.

    "We've been blessed," Garayua said. "In Hubbard, the community, the council, everybody from start to finish have been extremely inviting and welcoming and it's good because when you are moving into a community, you are looking to open up a business, those type of things are very important."

    "We did this for all our members, for Donny and Ray and it's just a great night," DeGenaro said.

    "I hope people in Youngstown and the area will come and patronize it and give it a shot because once they see it they are really going to fall in love with this place and my friend Steve and Jamie and Jamie did all the interior, all the work himself and its special man, I'm telling you, this is what a real cigar club should be," Mancini said.

    Internationally renowned tenor Marco Fiorante provided the entertainment with Station Square providing the food.

    ★  Jackie Popovec from The Vindy's even sang Happy Birthday.

    "It means everything, Derek, look, only a place like Youngstown when you got special friends, special people that they do something like this," Mancini said. "They ain't going do like this in a major city, but this is home, always been home. I love these people, I love this place and it's just wonderful to have a night like this with all these people, I'm just flattered."

     

    Next month, Mancini will be celebrated even more when he's inducted into the National Boxing Hall of Fame, the third such hall of fame he'll be a member of.

    As his dreams continue to come true though, he's urging others to chase after theirs.

    "Remember, they are not coming to you, you got to go take it, you got to go after it," Mancini said. "My father taught me, if you want a challenge, challenge greatness but you got to go take it, greatness ain't coming to you, you got to try to be great, you got to want to be great but you got to go after it."

    ★ Iris will be playing at the Robbins Theater in Warren in May and in Youngstown with REO Speedwagon in June.

    For more information on Sigaro Cigar Lounge, call 330-568-4212. You can inquire about a membership and all the different cigars they offer.

    @mjp28 said:

    For more information on Sigaro Cigar Lounge, call 330-568-4212. You can inquire about a membership and all the different cigars they offer.

    hell ya that would be a good time

  • music by warren zevon

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I think I am going to try to try to stretch this summer out as long as I can.

    im  drunk as fuck ghoul  howdy

  • 166 day's till kick off

    and the voice of one of the elves in polar express steven tyler was born today

  • 165 days

    keyboardist Tony Kaye was born on this date

  • 164 day's

    those 40 day's flew bye

  • sydS syd

    164 day's

    those 40 day's flew bye

    @syd said:

    164 day's

    those 40 day's flew bye

    Holy smokes !  They sure are flying bye   -and-  bye  -and-  bye.  Ta-dum, dum.

  • 163 day's 

    Eric Idle was born today

  • 162 day's 

    slowhand was born on this date

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    That is a really bad song, isn't it?

    I have never been a really big zevon fan but that song kinda grew on me

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    But it is good to be among pals.

    check out this line up

    guns n roses with iron maiden

    ac/dc with ozzy

    metallica with tool

    600 for all 3 nights 

  • sydS syd

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    But it is good to be among pals.

    check out this line up

    guns n roses with iron maiden

    ac/dc with ozzy

    metallica with tool

    600 for all 3 nights 

    @syd said:

    check out this line up

    guns n roses with iron maiden

    ac/dc with ozzy

    metallica with tool

    600 for all 3 nights 

    I have never heard anything good about seeing Guns N Roses live. 

    But that's a helluva lineup.

  • sydS syd

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    But it is good to be among pals.

    check out this line up

    guns n roses with iron maiden

    ac/dc with ozzy

    metallica with tool

    600 for all 3 nights 

    @syd said:

    metallica opening for Tool

    Went ahead and fixed it. 

  • 161 day's 

    and speaking of AC/DC Angus Young was born on this date

  • @syd said:

    check out this line up

    guns n roses with iron maiden

    ac/dc with ozzy

    metallica with tool

    600 for all 3 nights 

    I have never heard anything good about seeing Guns N Roses live. 

    But that's a helluva lineup.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I have never heard anything good about seeing Guns N Roses live. 

    But that's a helluva lineup.

    ya axl rose was a bit of a bitch I saw them with metallica years ago and that fuck musta have made us wait seemed like hours to take the stage

    but I hear those day's are over and the band shows up on time and play like pro's

  • sydS syd

    161 day's 

    and speaking of AC/DC Angus Young was born on this date

    @syd said:

    161 day's 

    and speaking of AC/DC Angus Young was born on this date

    We should be around 160 days now and ........

    315519550_671193238045704_4021295658711288439_n.jpg

  • 159 day's to go

    Leon Russel and Jack Webb were born on this date