Wide Receiver
-
Well I'm not one bit thrilled by this scene... I don't want this head case drama queen anywhere near Berea... He is CANCER!!!
-
-
-
Ya know, in reality, I'd kinda' like to have OBJ lined up on the field. He's somebody that the D has to pay attention to. Also, he's liked by the players. But he screwed us over, so he can't be allowed back.
No... I don't want his drama queen bullshit here... He's a distraction and a locker room divider...
-
Ya know, in reality, I'd kinda' like to have OBJ lined up on the field. He's somebody that the D has to pay attention to. Also, he's liked by the players. But he screwed us over, so he can't be allowed back.
No... I don't want his drama queen bullshit here... He's a distraction and a locker room divider...
He's a distraction and a locker room divider...
Supposedly that's only half true. It's said that he's a great team mate. He works with the younger receivers and stuff.
But yes, he's an attention lover. I think a coach's life and job is simpler without him. Less outside noise. Less potential for outside noise. Now, having said that, I betchya Watson would want him. OBJ would pull some of the media attention off of him. Even so, I wouldn't bring him back no matter how much I might need him. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. No, you don't get the second chance to screw me.
-
He's a distraction and a locker room divider...
Supposedly that's only half true. It's said that he's a great team mate. He works with the younger receivers and stuff.
But yes, he's an attention lover. I think a coach's life and job is simpler without him. Less outside noise. Less potential for outside noise. Now, having said that, I betchya Watson would want him. OBJ would pull some of the media attention off of him. Even so, I wouldn't bring him back no matter how much I might need him. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. No, you don't get the second chance to screw me.
Supposedly that's only half true. It's said that he's a great team mate. He works with the younger receivers and stuff.
But yes, he's an attention lover. I think a coach's life and job is simpler without him. Less outside noise. Less potential for outside noise. Now, having said that, I betchya Watson would want him. OBJ would pull some of the media attention off of him. Even so, I wouldn't bring him back no matter how much I might need him. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. No, you don't get the second chance to screw me.
Hes made of glass... No thanks... He's not gonna get better..
-
Supposedly that's only half true. It's said that he's a great team mate. He works with the younger receivers and stuff.
But yes, he's an attention lover. I think a coach's life and job is simpler without him. Less outside noise. Less potential for outside noise. Now, having said that, I betchya Watson would want him. OBJ would pull some of the media attention off of him. Even so, I wouldn't bring him back no matter how much I might need him. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. No, you don't get the second chance to screw me.
Hes made of glass... No thanks... He's not gonna get better..
Hes made of glass... No thanks... He's not gonna get better..
You guys are agreeing in different ways. Once was enough. But, I DO think his inability to stay healthy is why 31 other teams won't sign him prior to any unforeseen volume of injuries to their WR Corps. Doing it this way also humbles the wages. If it doesn't - there will be other choices for the team in that situation.
A lot can be said about what unfolded here. Lucky for us, there's no reason to re-live any of it today.
-
As much as I would absolutely love to see nicker's head explode and to be able to read his nonstop whining that would result from signing OBJ, I'm with the consensus, and it appears the Browns have no real interest in bringing Mr Glass back either.
-
Report: Cardinals could cut WR DeAndre Hopkins
If this does happen, we would be in pole position to land him. Some deal would have to be worked out to fit him under the cap and be able to sign our picks, but his history with DW might go a long way.
-
Report: Cardinals could cut WR DeAndre Hopkins
If this does happen, we would be in pole position to land him. Some deal would have to be worked out to fit him under the cap and be able to sign our picks, but his history with DW might go a long way.
Report: Cardinals could cut WR DeAndre Hopkins
If this does happen, we would be in pole position to land him. Some deal would have to be worked out to fit him under the cap and be able to sign our picks, but his history with DW might go a long way.
I am not even sure I want the guy, but if it happens, so be it.
-
Browns wideout suffers season-ending injury
https://www.wkbn.com/sports/cleveland-browns/report-browns-fear-wideout-suffered-major-injury/
HOUSTON, Texas (WKBN) – The Cleveland Browns have confirmed that second-year wide receiver Michael Woods suffered a ruptured Achilles while working out with quarterback Deshaun Watson.
He is expected to miss the entire 2023 season.
Woods was a sixth-round draft choice of the Browns out of Oklahoma in 2022.
In his first season in the NFL, Woods appeared in 10 games. He finished his rookie campaign with 5 receptions for 45 yards.
Woods battled injuries last season, missing the entire preseason. He also was inactive for the first five games of the regular season.
-
Browns wideout suffers season-ending injury
https://www.wkbn.com/sports/cleveland-browns/report-browns-fear-wideout-suffered-major-injury/
HOUSTON, Texas (WKBN) – The Cleveland Browns have confirmed that second-year wide receiver Michael Woods suffered a ruptured Achilles while working out with quarterback Deshaun Watson.
He is expected to miss the entire 2023 season.
Woods was a sixth-round draft choice of the Browns out of Oklahoma in 2022.
In his first season in the NFL, Woods appeared in 10 games. He finished his rookie campaign with 5 receptions for 45 yards.
Woods battled injuries last season, missing the entire preseason. He also was inactive for the first five games of the regular season.
-
I wonder how teams handle that. It wasn't a team activity where the injury occurred.
-
Report: Cardinals could cut WR DeAndre Hopkins
If this does happen, we would be in pole position to land him. Some deal would have to be worked out to fit him under the cap and be able to sign our picks, but his history with DW might go a long way.
I am not even sure I want the guy, but if it happens, so be it.
I am not even sure I want the guy, but if it happens, so be it.
I hear what you are saying. He definitely isn't the D-Hop DW threw to in Houston anymore, and our sacrifice should be minimal.
That said, giving DW Cooper, D-Hop and Njoku to throw to, supported by Moore, DPJ, Bell and Akins, is a deeeeep 'kid in candy store' group of targets.
-
I'm assuming that the poor guy is out a year's salary. That's why I say it's a big loss for him.
I'm not certain how the Browns treat moneywise that given he was working out with our starting QB. I know they don't like Garrett playing in pickup basketball games as he has done from time to time. But that isn't with other players either.
-
I'm assuming that the poor guy is out a year's salary. That's why I say it's a big loss for him.
I'm not certain how the Browns treat moneywise that given he was working out with our starting QB. I know they don't like Garrett playing in pickup basketball games as he has done from time to time. But that isn't with other players either.
I'm not certain how the Browns treat moneywise that given he was working out with our starting QB. I know they don't like Garrett playing in pickup basketball games as he has done from time to time. But that isn't with other players either.
I think there is standard language in everybody's contract about what's covered & what isn't in the off season...like KW jr's motorcycle mishap was prohibited.
For a " team building" exercise like this, I'd hope he's covered. I'm sure it's not the first player to have this type of thing happen.
-
D-Hop is an interesting question. But it also leads me into two other questions, at 31 years old, what sort of contract is he looking for? And wouldn't that money be better vested into Amari Cooper at 28 years old?
-
D-Hop is an interesting question. But it also leads me into two other questions, at 31 years old, what sort of contract is he looking for? And wouldn't that money be better vested into Amari Cooper at 28 years old?
D-Hop is an interesting question. But it also leads me into two other questions, at 31 years old, what sort of contract is he looking for? And wouldn't that money be better vested into Amari Cooper at 28 years old?
That is where i am at. As I said, if it happens it happens and i will hope for the best.
I just take the attitude that "You can never go home" so to speak. The magic might rekindle, but it usually doesn't. As you said, it might be wiser to extend Cooper a few years, or just look for someone else.
-
D-Hop is an interesting question. But it also leads me into two other questions, at 31 years old, what sort of contract is he looking for? And wouldn't that money be better vested into Amari Cooper at 28 years old?
D-Hop is an interesting question. But it also leads me into two other questions, at 31 years old, what sort of contract is he looking for? And wouldn't that money be better vested into Amari Cooper at 28 years old?
FWIW, he started last season on a 6 games suspension. This part might be wrong; but I thought it was for PEDs. Sometimes when guys are losing a step or they're not bouncing back from injury as quickly as their younger versions did - you have to ask yourself if they're worth paying more today than their best football in the rear view mirror. The year he got injured, Arizona was undefeated something like 8-10 weeks into the season. Their fans probably didn't have any idea they'd need to panic about the difference in Kyler Murray's performance without him.
Last year a few people brought up Will Fuller as a vet we should consider because of his speed. I think the biggest reason he remained unsigned was because teams knew he tested positive for PEDs. It wasn't as much that he tried to get away with it as much as why he needed to resort to it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
