Wide Receiver
-
Yes I'm thinking they have to draft a WR as well. OBJ is a diva, I wouldn't want that snowflake back on the team.
Cooper and DPJ are all we really have at WR. Agreed - Schwartz is a bum and Bell didn't look good at all last year either - not that he can't grow but I'm not counting on it.
I'm looking through the unrestricted free agents and it looks gross. DJ Chark and Robbie Anderson are probably the two best left that haven't signed yet - they are both vertical threats like DPJ and we probably have to overpay to get one, so to the draft it is.
Totally agree on OBJ. But Snow White always takes a bite of the poison apple.?
Totally agree on OBJ. But Snow White always takes a bite of the poison apple.?
Even if he was the Mother Teresa of the Browns' locker room - the thing preventing him from getting signed is how injury prone he continues to be. However, it'll probably be a team with an unanticipated high volume of injuries to their WR Corps that will end up signing him ironically enough. I hope that's not us.
If the Browns lost Cooper to injury our passing game is 1-800-ALL-DONE. Our FO has to be thinking about this heading into the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade up for a WR given how do or die this off season is for Berry and Stefanski. Having said that, there's some intriguing WR prospects that can probably help us in round 2 or 3. Wasn't Ohio State's Michael Thomas a 2nd round WR once upon a time? Wasn't Tyreek Hill a 5th round WR? The luck of the draft rewards the diligence of the research.
-
Daylen Baldwin 17 WR 6-2 212 23 1 MichiganDavid Bell 18 WR 6-1 212 22 2 Purdue
Amari Cooper 2 WR 6-1 210 28 9 Alabama
Jaelon Darden 16 WR 5-8 173 24 3 North Texas
Jakeem Grant Sr. 9 WR 5-7 172 30 8 Texas Tech
Mike Harley Jr. 82 WR 5-10 180 25 1 Miami (Fla.)
Donovan Peoples-Jones 11 WR 6-2 204 24 4 Michigan
Anthony Schwartz 10 WR 6-0 186 22 3 Auburn
Marquez Stevenson 15 WR 5-10 180 24 3 Houston
Isaiah Weston 17 WR 6-4 214 25 2 Northern Iowa
Michael Woods II 12 WR 6-1 204 23 2 Oklahoma
------------------------------
So, there they are...minus Felton, who's not listed as a WR. The main contributors are in bold (although Woods did get some playing time). And Weston...he's tall.
Something's gotta happen here. We're looking to the draft, I'm assuming. And, of course, there's OBJ. Some speculate that he 'could' come back to us. But I just don't see it happening. Not the way he left. I don't care how popular he was in the clubhouse with the players. To me, it's a burnt bridge. He'll probably sign with someone sometime after the draft.
I don't want to see Schwartz on our roster for opening day. If he's there, then we probably did not upgrade the position enough.
Daylen Baldwin 17 WR 6-2 212 23 1 MichiganDavid Bell 18 WR 6-1 212 22 2 Purdue
Amari Cooper 2 WR 6-1 210 28 9 Alabama
Jaelon Darden 16 WR 5-8 173 24 3 North Texas
Jakeem Grant Sr. 9 WR 5-7 172 30 8 Texas Tech
Mike Harley Jr. 82 WR 5-10 180 25 1 Miami (Fla.)
Donovan Peoples-Jones 11 WR 6-2 204 24 4 Michigan
Anthony Schwartz 10 WR 6-0 186 22 3 Auburn
Marquez Stevenson 15 WR 5-10 180 24 3 Houston
Isaiah Weston 17 WR 6-4 214 25 2 Northern Iowa
Michael Woods II 12 WR 6-1 204 23 2 Oklahoma
------------------------------
So, there they are...minus Felton, who's not listed as a WR. The main contributors are in bold (although Woods did get some playing time). And Weston...he's tall.
Something's gotta happen here. We're looking to the draft, I'm assuming. And, of course, there's OBJ. Some speculate that he 'could' come back to us. But I just don't see it happening. Not the way he left. I don't care how popular he was in the clubhouse with the players. To me, it's a burnt bridge. He'll probably sign with someone sometime after the draft.
I don't want to see Schwartz on our roster for opening day. If he's there, then we probably did not upgrade the position enough.
No doubt about Schwartz. If he doesn't ball out in camp, I don't see any way he sticks. We have enough bodies that someone should be better. Harley as an example was the leading receiver in Miami history. I am not saying he is going to be good, but it has to mean something.
No doubt we look towards the draft and the odds are a receiver will be the pick. I think out starting guys are good enough. We just need a few players behind them to step up to provide options. It's time for a few of those guys to step up and time for a few of those guys to be cut and replaced with the next wave of prospect receivers. If a receiver doesn't show some sort of reliability after 2-3 years, it time to move on and quit wasting time and resources.
For every guy we continue to keep on the main roster or practice squad, that is one less position for another player who might become decent, be it at receiver or another position.
-
Totally agree on OBJ. But Snow White always takes a bite of the poison apple.?
Even if he was the Mother Teresa of the Browns' locker room - the thing preventing him from getting signed is how injury prone he continues to be. However, it'll probably be a team with an unanticipated high volume of injuries to their WR Corps that will end up signing him ironically enough. I hope that's not us.
If the Browns lost Cooper to injury our passing game is 1-800-ALL-DONE. Our FO has to be thinking about this heading into the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade up for a WR given how do or die this off season is for Berry and Stefanski. Having said that, there's some intriguing WR prospects that can probably help us in round 2 or 3. Wasn't Ohio State's Michael Thomas a 2nd round WR once upon a time? Wasn't Tyreek Hill a 5th round WR? The luck of the draft rewards the diligence of the research.
Even if he was the Mother Teresa of the Browns' locker room - the thing preventing him from getting signed is how injury prone he continues to be. However, it'll probably be a team with an unanticipated high volume of injuries to their WR Corps that will end up signing him ironically enough. I hope that's not us.
If the Browns lost Cooper to injury our passing game is 1-800-ALL-DONE. Our FO has to be thinking about this heading into the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade up for a WR given how do or die this off season is for Berry and Stefanski. Having said that, there's some intriguing WR prospects that can probably help us in round 2 or 3. Wasn't Ohio State's Michael Thomas a 2nd round WR once upon a time? Wasn't Tyreek Hill a 5th round WR? The luck of the draft rewards the diligence of the research.
You brought up a point I failed to mention. It doesn't have to be a drafted player. There is still time for a trade, June 1 cuts, and camp cuts to find a receiver. We now have a QB who can make pro bowl wide receivers. All top receivers aren't that because they are just that much better than anybody else. Many of them are because they found a connection with a top QB who feeds them the ball. QB's tend to throw to the guy who has caught passes before.
-
David Bell 18 WR 6-1 212 22 2 Purdue
Amari Cooper 2 WR 6-1 210 28 9 Alabama
Jakeem Grant Sr. 9 WR 5-7 172 30 8 Texas Tech
Donovan Peoples-Jones 11 WR 6-2 204 24 4 Michigan
Michael Woods II 12 WR 6-1 204 23 2 Oklahoma
------------------------------ Projected on the 53**
Anthony Schwartz 10 WR 6-0 186 22 3 Auburn
Marquez Stevenson 15 WR 5-10 180 24 3 Houston
Mike Harley Jr. 82 WR 5-10 180 25 1 Miami (Fla.)
Jaelon Darden 16 WR 5-8 173 24 3 North Texas
Isaiah Weston 17 WR 6-4 214 25 2 Northern Iowa
Daylen Baldwin 17 WR 6-2 212 23 1 Michigan
And they said Ray Farmer overlooked good WR's..?
The day Stef can move Schwartz to PS ? Is the day Berry would need to approve it.. Until than? Schwartz is a game day inactive..
I liked Jaelon Darden when he was coming out of North Texas (did he get injured?/drops?)..Winner of Darden vs. Harley Jr.. would need to bump either Woods or J. Grant
FA or Draftee, needs a projected higher ceiling than Bell,Grant or Woods
4 names.. OBJ.. DJ Chark ( @dutch-oven believe it was Tour2ma that really liked DJ Chark)... Draft--Marvin Mims.. Zay Flowers
Does anyone remember a Eagles game when .. WR Quez Watkins toasted us deep? I'd try to trade/ give a pick for him.. 6' 193 lbs & ran by us at 4.36 ? that's taking the top/lid off of a defense.. That's the WR type that the Browns are missing...annoying gnats & Jitterbugs too
-
That was an awful period of the Browns.....Ray Farmer and Mike Pettine. Two dopes. Now I'm pissed and will probably cut someone off in traffic on my way to work, in two minutes. Thanks for that gumby!
You are getting to the age where you are probably already pissed just going to work, so what else is new??
-
Daylen Baldwin 17 WR 6-2 212 23 1 MichiganDavid Bell 18 WR 6-1 212 22 2 Purdue
Amari Cooper 2 WR 6-1 210 28 9 Alabama
Jaelon Darden 16 WR 5-8 173 24 3 North Texas
Jakeem Grant Sr. 9 WR 5-7 172 30 8 Texas Tech
Mike Harley Jr. 82 WR 5-10 180 25 1 Miami (Fla.)
Donovan Peoples-Jones 11 WR 6-2 204 24 4 Michigan
Anthony Schwartz 10 WR 6-0 186 22 3 Auburn
Marquez Stevenson 15 WR 5-10 180 24 3 Houston
Isaiah Weston 17 WR 6-4 214 25 2 Northern Iowa
Michael Woods II 12 WR 6-1 204 23 2 Oklahoma
------------------------------
So, there they are...minus Felton, who's not listed as a WR. The main contributors are in bold (although Woods did get some playing time). And Weston...he's tall.
Something's gotta happen here. We're looking to the draft, I'm assuming. And, of course, there's OBJ. Some speculate that he 'could' come back to us. But I just don't see it happening. Not the way he left. I don't care how popular he was in the clubhouse with the players. To me, it's a burnt bridge. He'll probably sign with someone sometime after the draft.
I don't want to see Schwartz on our roster for opening day. If he's there, then we probably did not upgrade the position enough.
No doubt about Schwartz. If he doesn't ball out in camp, I don't see any way he sticks. We have enough bodies that someone should be better. Harley as an example was the leading receiver in Miami history. I am not saying he is going to be good, but it has to mean something.
No doubt we look towards the draft and the odds are a receiver will be the pick. I think out starting guys are good enough. We just need a few players behind them to step up to provide options. It's time for a few of those guys to step up and time for a few of those guys to be cut and replaced with the next wave of prospect receivers. If a receiver doesn't show some sort of reliability after 2-3 years, it time to move on and quit wasting time and resources.
For every guy we continue to keep on the main roster or practice squad, that is one less position for another player who might become decent, be it at receiver or another position.
-
Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.
-
The fact is when the rubber meets the road he's a choker. He may ball out in camp, but so far he has the dropsies in real games. Waste of a 53 IMO.
Call it what you want. I will say that if the guy plays well in camp, I wouldn't just summarily dismiss him based on a feeling.
That said, I have already said he shouldn't stick, so we don't disagree. If he didn't perform well while he was still a rookie or 2nd year player and didn't have much pressure on him from the staff, I don't think that will change now that he is up against the wall.
-
That was an awful period of the Browns.....Ray Farmer and Mike Pettine. Two dopes. Now I'm pissed and will probably cut someone off in traffic on my way to work, in two minutes. Thanks for that gumby!
You are getting to the age where you are probably already pissed just going to work, so what else is new??
You are getting to the age where you are probably already pissed just going to work, so what else is new??
Beyond the age. And I should be retired...'cept I like guitars too much, and ride a cart for 18 a week, etc.....and I have the easiest job in the world with good benefits and plenty of time off. So....maybe January.
Don't give up on Bell so early.
Yeah, too early for that. He get's this season at the least.
-
Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.
Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.
Hopefully he comes through, because the WR unit starts looking pretty thin in the future if he doesn't.
DPJ is a free agent after this season and Schwartz might be lucky to make the team.
-
Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.
Hopefully he comes through, because the WR unit starts looking pretty thin in the future if he doesn't.
DPJ is a free agent after this season and Schwartz might be lucky to make the team.
Hopefully he comes through, because the WR unit starts looking pretty thin in the future if he doesn't.
DPJ is a free agent after this season and Schwartz might be lucky to make the team.
At this point, Schwartz not making it doesn't make us any thinner. It can only go up if the guy has somehow learned to catch, which I doubt since most people learn how to do that when they are 9 years old.
If you were never hit in the face by a baseball, you never learned to catch or learned at an early age.
I'd make Schwarts field about 50 fly balls. If he can't catch or at least track them, forget him. If you can run 25 yards and catch a baseball, a football is easy peasy.
-
Marquise Goodwin stopped in for a visit. That would be a good affordable pickup. I mentioned him mid season last year. World class speed and a veteran who has stuck around for awhile.
-
The Browns trading for Jerry Jeudy rumors are the turd that just won't flush.
Latest one I saw is the Browns trading #42 and Greg Newsome for him. That seems STEEP.
-
Hopefully he comes through, because the WR unit starts looking pretty thin in the future if he doesn't.
DPJ is a free agent after this season and Schwartz might be lucky to make the team.
At this point, Schwartz not making it doesn't make us any thinner. It can only go up if the guy has somehow learned to catch, which I doubt since most people learn how to do that when they are 9 years old.
If you were never hit in the face by a baseball, you never learned to catch or learned at an early age.
I'd make Schwarts field about 50 fly balls. If he can't catch or at least track them, forget him. If you can run 25 yards and catch a baseball, a football is easy peasy.
learned to catch, which I doubt since most people learn how to do that when they are 9 years old.
With some people, self preservation is the issue. They're afraid of getting hit...so they lose concentration and look for someone who's going to tackle them before actually catching the ball. Braylon Edwards was a great example of that. Derick Anderson could throw a bomb over the top and Edwards would make these truly great catches. But to catch an easy ball over the middle for a 1st down.....he drops it...because he's afraid he might get a boo-boo. And Schwartz is a skinny guy...who's gotten hit and hurt, who's gotten hit and concussed. It's probably hard for him to suppress the self preservation reflex.
-
Marquise Goodwin stopped in for a visit. That would be a good affordable pickup. I mentioned him mid season last year. World class speed and a veteran who has stuck around for awhile.
Marquise Goodwin stopped in for a visit. That would be a good affordable pickup. I mentioned him mid season last year. World class speed and a veteran who has stuck around for awhile.
With a cap of around 9m left.. This might be the best we can do ?
Goodwin played with Geno Smith at the Hawks last season.. Durable in 13 games, with over 400 snaps .. 4 TD's.. played last season for 1.275M.. age 32 until Nov ..
Good WR3.. adds Injury insurance to the room
-
Elijah Moore, welcome to the club. Had a horrible qb last year. Will get way more opportunities here
-
Elijah Moore, welcome to the club. Had a horrible qb last year. Will get way more opportunities here
Elijah Moore, welcome to the club. Had a horrible qb last year. Will get way more opportunities here
Which is why they need a higher draft pick in dealing for Rodgers.
OH, and adios Schwartz. Last of the dropped easy catches hopefully.
-
Elijah Moore, welcome to the club. Had a horrible qb last year. Will get way more opportunities here
Which is why they need a higher draft pick in dealing for Rodgers.
OH, and adios Schwartz. Last of the dropped easy catches hopefully.
Which is why they need a higher draft pick in dealing for Rodgers.
Is this guy going to be better than Bell or Mike Woods?
I'm skeptical, sorry. Trading our picks has been a disaster.
Well, some of our picks have been a disaster.
-
Moore is precisely the kind of receiver they needed. Real burner. Cheap. Young. Great compliment.
Fuck I’m excited. These bastards are reeling me back.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login