Browns fans may have to pay more at Muni Lot as City Council considers a host of parking changes Downtown
-
Legislation in City Council also introduces smart parking meters, as well as longer hours and fewer free days
Changes could be coming for how long you can park for free on Downtown Cleveland streets and how much you'll pay to park in the Muni Lot before Browns games. The changes sought by the Bibb Administration were introduced at Monday night's City Council meeting that would raise the maximum rate at the Muni Lots on event days from $30 to $70.
Another change calls for the moving of the start time for free parking at meters from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. as well as the elimination of free parking at the meters on weekends.
"No more free weekends?" asked Olivia Washington of Cleveland. "Who do they think is going to come down here? That's not an incentive at all. They should be doing something to draw people downtown not to run them away."
Evan Stromberg of Cleveland is not so sure when asked if he thought this would deter people from coming downtown?
"Not really it's just a matter of you get use to it for how many years free after 6 o'clock and a lot of people come downtown to eat after six and to go pay for a ballgame now you're talking $40-$60 to park. So if they can find a spot for free that's a good thing."
Karen Skunta has been a small business owner in the Warehouse District for 25 years - she points out that a lot of the on street parking is already limited by police order on event days which are often weekends. "So maybe that isn't as big a deal but I think Monday through Thursday that we should let people park after 6 for free," she said.
She says free parking when it exists makes the coming downtown a more user friendly experience. She said she pays for the parking of her workers and Attorney Dan Karon just around the block says he sometimes pays for his clients because "you don't like visiting your lawyer to start with."
That being said as he looks at Sherwin Williams rising from what once were parking lots he added. "Maybe it's the price of progress. I don't like it but if it's what gets us something like this and new commerce and business downtown maybe it's something we all have to pitch into do. It's kind of the way the economy tends to work."
We reached out to the Bibb Administration why they thought the changes were necessary and when they would hope to see them in place but did not hear back. In Cleveland John Kosich News 5.
More popularly, the legislation allows for the city to get rid of coin parking meters and make the long-awaited move to smart parking meters.
-
It doesn't matter to me. For several years now I have parked at the Rapid station in Brook Park, bought my day pass for $5. So basically I park for $5 and get to miss all the post game traffic.
I do have to walk to the terminal, but it isn't all that much further than any parking lot in which I might park.
-
It doesn't matter to me. For several years now I have parked at the Rapid station in Brook Park, bought my day pass for $5. So basically I park for $5 and get to miss all the post game traffic.
I do have to walk to the terminal, but it isn't all that much further than any parking lot in which I might park.
-
-
Fortunately we tailgate near Settlers Landing. Those prices have increased the last few years but nothing like this. This Mayor is nuts.
As a west sider, I never thought it was smart to go to the Muni Lot anyway, the traffic battle is steep.
Fortunately we tailgate near Settlers Landing. Those prices have increased the last few years but nothing like this. This Mayor is nuts.
As a west sider, I never thought it was smart to go to the Muni Lot anyway, the traffic battle is steep.
Parked down there many times when Stan and crew held their tailgates. It was $5 the first few years. The parking lot isn't there anymore. They are building something. You could just jump on the waterfront line and it dumped you off right in front of the stadium. The Waterfront line has been down the last few years.
-
Fortunately we tailgate near Settlers Landing. Those prices have increased the last few years but nothing like this. This Mayor is nuts.
As a west sider, I never thought it was smart to go to the Muni Lot anyway, the traffic battle is steep.
Fortunately we tailgate near Settlers Landing. Those prices have increased the last few years but nothing like this. This Mayor is nuts.
As a west sider, I never thought it was smart to go to the Muni Lot anyway, the traffic battle is steep.
Well this Mayor is a demonrat... You get what you vote for...
-
Fortunately we tailgate near Settlers Landing. Those prices have increased the last few years but nothing like this. This Mayor is nuts.
As a west sider, I never thought it was smart to go to the Muni Lot anyway, the traffic battle is steep.
Well this Mayor is a demonrat... You get what you vote for...
-
Fortunately we tailgate near Settlers Landing. Those prices have increased the last few years but nothing like this. This Mayor is nuts.
As a west sider, I never thought it was smart to go to the Muni Lot anyway, the traffic battle is steep.
Well this Mayor is a demonrat... You get what you vote for...
-
In reality, at every event in the US where a conservative or non-woke tries to speak, there are violent protests that either successfully shut the event down, or require riot police to prevent that from happening. There are plenty of us outside the US who are just as appalled with that as the person you are mocking.
And @nickers comment you are responding to is quite factual. Anywhere in the western world where left-of-center politicians are in power, prices increase, especially with """evil""" stuf like parking. Was no different in The Netherlands, and especially Amsterdam, which has become overrun by woke politicians.
-
In reality, at every event in the US where a conservative or non-woke tries to speak, there are violent protests that either successfully shut the event down, or require riot police to prevent that from happening. There are plenty of us outside the US who are just as appalled with that as the person you are mocking.
And @nickers comment you are responding to is quite factual. Anywhere in the western world where left-of-center politicians are in power, prices increase, especially with """evil""" stuf like parking. Was no different in The Netherlands, and especially Amsterdam, which has become overrun by woke politicians.
In reality, at every event in the US where a conservative or non-woke tries to speak, there are violent protests that either successfully shut the event down, or require riot police to prevent that from happening. There are plenty of us outside the US who are just as appalled with that as the person you are mocking.
And @nickers comment you are responding to is quite factual. Anywhere in the western world where left-of-center politicians are in power, prices increase, especially with """evil""" stuf like parking. Was no different in The Netherlands, and especially Amsterdam, which has become overrun by woke politicians.
I see Dutch's ccunt is leaking again...
-
Take it to the poli board, ladies.
Schedule releases today's, and I was able to get some coaches film on Cedric which I'll have up later this evening on some analysis. Let's focus on football.
-
Take it to the poli board, ladies.
Schedule releases today's, and I was able to get some coaches film on Cedric which I'll have up later this evening on some analysis. Let's focus on football.
-
Fortunately we tailgate near Settlers Landing. Those prices have increased the last few years but nothing like this. This Mayor is nuts.
As a west sider, I never thought it was smart to go to the Muni Lot anyway, the traffic battle is steep.
Well this Mayor is a demonrat... You get what you vote for...
-
Take it to the poli board, ladies.
Schedule releases today's, and I was able to get some coaches film on Cedric which I'll have up later this evening on some analysis. Let's focus on football.
Take it to the poli board, ladies.
Schedule releases today's
Should be interesting. Here's hoping we don't open vs a division rival, and I hope we open on the road.
On another note, I saw Tony Grossi wrote that the Browns are probably going to play in Europe next year. I think I'd go, especially if it's in Germany.
-
-
-
Take it to the poli board, ladies.
Schedule releases today's
Should be interesting. Here's hoping we don't open vs a division rival, and I hope we open on the road.
On another note, I saw Tony Grossi wrote that the Browns are probably going to play in Europe next year. I think I'd go, especially if it's in Germany.
Should be interesting. Here's hoping we don't open vs a division rival, and I hope we open on the road.
On another note, I saw Tony Grossi wrote that the Browns are probably going to play in Europe next year. I think I'd go, especially if it's in Germany.
0 for 2 in the request Bengals at Home
-
Don't bring political venom in here. This place is hanging on by a thread as it is....
To be fair, at least nickers comment was on topic, and based on merit. The meme (the other) Dutch posted was a completely ideological smear, and not on topic. Hence my reaction.
But I get your point, and will keep try to keep political comments in the designated section.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
