Skip to content

Schedule

The Browns Board
74 18 2.9k 1
  • @syd said:

    i see us starting 3-0

    You aren’t winning in Pittsburgh. (Sup fellas) 

    @vagitron said:

    You aren’t winning in Pittsburgh. (Sup fellas) 

    Yes they are. Woof

  • Just what I didn't want.  The last two games of the year at home, outdoors, with a QB that hates the cold and receivers who's fingers get frozen and the ball slips through them.  And those two teams coming in have good cold weather QB's.    -  Poopies!!!

    @orion said:

    Just what I didn't want.  The last two games of the year at home, outdoors, with a QB that hates the cold and receivers who's fingers get frozen and the ball slips through them.  And those two teams coming in have good cold weather QB's.    -  Poopies!!!

    Watson played his ass off in that Saints game last season. It was receivers and Njoku dropping his passes that cost us. Schedule-wise we agree though. Need to find us a batch of Stickum!

  • sydS syd

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I like to look at our opponents lead up to our games as well.  For instance, Jax is playing Monday night against the Bengals right before our game.  Advantage Browns hopefully. 
     

    I know we are upset about the bye week early…but three division games and the Titans.  That’s about as physical as you can get…we may need the bye. 
     

    no tape on are offense  I would take the bet on us being 2.5 under dogs vs the bingals

    @syd said:

    no tape on are offense  I would take the bet on us being 2.5 under dogs vs the bingals

    Do you think we are changing things up that drastically? 

  • @syd said:

    no tape on are offense  I would take the bet on us being 2.5 under dogs vs the bingals

    Do you think we are changing things up that drastically? 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Do you think we are changing things up that drastically? 

    Well we will be west coast oriented due to hiring Bill Musgrave so I say there will be noticeable wrinkles...

  • sydS syd

    @vagitron said:

    You aren’t winning in Pittsburgh. (Sup fellas) 

    vs pickett ? o.k ? what ever you say,,,,,,,,,,,,,bwahhhhhhh

    @syd said:

    vs pickett ? o.k ? what ever you say,,,,,,,,,,,,,bwahhhhhhh

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

  • @vagitron said:

    You aren’t winning in Pittsburgh. (Sup fellas) 

    Yes they are. Woof

    @bob806 said:

    Yes they are. Woof

    *old yeller*

  • @syd said:

    vs pickett ? o.k ? what ever you say,,,,,,,,,,,,,bwahhhhhhh

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

    @vagitron said:

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

    Bubby Brister 2.0

  • @vagitron said:

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

    Bubby Brister 2.0

    @nickers said:

    Bubby Brister 2.0

    Sadly, I think Pickett's ceiling is much higher. 

  • @syd said:

    vs pickett ? o.k ? what ever you say,,,,,,,,,,,,,bwahhhhhhh

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

    @vagitron said:

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

     The issue here, is that you're being absolute in the Browns not winnint at PIT, despite only the expectation of improvement. 

     It isn't Pickett that needs the bulk of improvement either, it's your shoddy Oline. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

     The issue here, is that you're being absolute in the Browns not winnint at PIT, despite only the expectation of improvement. 

     It isn't Pickett that needs the bulk of improvement either, it's your shoddy Oline. 

    @tiamat63 said:

     The issue here, is that you're being absolute in the Browns not winnint at PIT, despite only the expectation of improvement. 

     It isn't Pickett that needs the bulk of improvement either, it's your shoddy Oline. 

    As someone that seems to pride himself on talking line play unless I’m mistaking you for someone else the Steelers beefed the hell out of the line this off-season. Added a tremendous guard in Seumalo, signed herbig to be a swing and drafted Jones at 14. They also added Darnell Washington for what should shape up to be a nutty 12 personnel. The steeler line was also vastly improved to close out the year.  

  • @vagitron said:

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

    Bubby Brister 2.0

    @nickers said:

    Bubby Brister 2.0

    You can hope he is nickers. He isn’t tho. ?

  • @nickers said:

    Bubby Brister 2.0

    You can hope he is nickers. He isn’t tho. ?

    @vagitron said:

    You can hope he is nickers. He isn’t tho. ?

    We'll see... He's no Burrow that's for sure...

  • @vagitron said:

    You can hope he is nickers. He isn’t tho. ?

    We'll see... He's no Burrow that's for sure...

    @nickers said:

    We'll see... He's no Burrow that's for sure...

    Based on what? We don’t know how he’s going to be. He’s gained like 12-15 pounds of muscle and has been throwing like a mad man all off-season. Burrow is great but people act like he’s some sort of supreme athletic specimen. Go check his RAS.

  • @tiamat63 said:

     The issue here, is that you're being absolute in the Browns not winnint at PIT, despite only the expectation of improvement. 

     It isn't Pickett that needs the bulk of improvement either, it's your shoddy Oline. 

    As someone that seems to pride himself on talking line play unless I’m mistaking you for someone else the Steelers beefed the hell out of the line this off-season. Added a tremendous guard in Seumalo, signed herbig to be a swing and drafted Jones at 14. They also added Darnell Washington for what should shape up to be a nutty 12 personnel. The steeler line was also vastly improved to close out the year.  

    @vagitron said:

    As someone that seems to pride himself on talking line play unless I’m mistaking you for someone else the Steelers beefed the hell out of the line this off-season. Added a tremendous guard in Seumalo, signed herbig to be a swing and drafted Jones at 14. They also added Darnell Washington for what should shape up to be a nutty 12 personnel. The steeler line was also vastly improved to close out the year.  

     I'm well aware of who the Steelers drafted to address the issue.  But they're still rookies. So any improvement is again, pure projection. 

  • @vagitron said:

    As someone that seems to pride himself on talking line play unless I’m mistaking you for someone else the Steelers beefed the hell out of the line this off-season. Added a tremendous guard in Seumalo, signed herbig to be a swing and drafted Jones at 14. They also added Darnell Washington for what should shape up to be a nutty 12 personnel. The steeler line was also vastly improved to close out the year.  

     I'm well aware of who the Steelers drafted to address the issue.  But they're still rookies. So any improvement is again, pure projection. 

    @tiamat63 said:

     I'm well aware of who the Steelers drafted to address the issue.  But they're still rookies. So any improvement is again, pure projection. 

    Seumalo is not a rookie and he was easily the best guard available and frankly if he were anywhere else besides the eagles he would have even higher praise than he already does. Unsung hero of that eagles line. Jones doesn’t even need to start and the interior of the line is vastly improved. 
     

  • @orion said:

    Just what I didn't want.  The last two games of the year at home, outdoors, with a QB that hates the cold and receivers who's fingers get frozen and the ball slips through them.  And those two teams coming in have good cold weather QB's.    -  Poopies!!!

    Watson played his ass off in that Saints game last season. It was receivers and Njoku dropping his passes that cost us. Schedule-wise we agree though. Need to find us a batch of Stickum!

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Watson played his ass off in that Saints game

    He put 3 TD passes right where they needed to be.  Two drops and a slip & fall down.   He played well enough to win.  Still though, the reason it cost 256mil is because he doesn't like the cold.  He was ready to become a Saint or a Falcon.  We were declared out of the sweepstakes the day before the announcement that he was going to the Browns.

  • @tiamat63 said:

     I'm well aware of who the Steelers drafted to address the issue.  But they're still rookies. So any improvement is again, pure projection. 

    Seumalo is not a rookie and he was easily the best guard available and frankly if he were anywhere else besides the eagles he would have even higher praise than he already does. Unsung hero of that eagles line. Jones doesn’t even need to start and the interior of the line is vastly improved. 
     

    @vagitron said:

    Seumalo is not a rookie and he was easily the best guard available and frankly if he were anywhere else besides the eagles he would have even higher praise than he already does. Unsung hero of that eagles line. Jones doesn’t even need to start and the interior of the line is vastly improved.

     I was referring to Jones and Washington, pretty clearly I thought.    IOL has improved, I have no argument there.   Maybe now they won't have to ride Najee so damn much and he'll actually have some tread on the fire for his 2nd contract.  

  • @vagitron said:

    Seumalo is not a rookie and he was easily the best guard available and frankly if he were anywhere else besides the eagles he would have even higher praise than he already does. Unsung hero of that eagles line. Jones doesn’t even need to start and the interior of the line is vastly improved.

     I was referring to Jones and Washington, pretty clearly I thought.    IOL has improved, I have no argument there.   Maybe now they won't have to ride Najee so damn much and he'll actually have some tread on the fire for his 2nd contract.  

    @tiamat63 said:

     I was referring to Jones and Washington, pretty clearly I thought.    IOL has improved, I have no argument there.   Maybe now they won't have to ride Najee so damn much and he'll actually have some tread on the fire for his 2nd contract.  

    Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

     I was referring to Jones and Washington, pretty clearly I thought.    IOL has improved, I have no argument there.   Maybe now they won't have to ride Najee so damn much and he'll actually have some tread on the fire for his 2nd contract.  

    Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada. 

    @vagitron said:

    Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada. 

    Nobody is sleeping on the Steelers. The NFL has them scheduled for 5 primetime games. As a comparison, the Packers have 6. Two teams who've had a good run of success, but were basically .500 teams in 2023. They will remain in Roger's favor for quite awhile. 

    The AFC North will probably be won with a 10-7 record. I think the teams are all pretty even- certainly Cincy has the edge now due to past success, and the best QB. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada. 

    Nobody is sleeping on the Steelers. The NFL has them scheduled for 5 primetime games. As a comparison, the Packers have 6. Two teams who've had a good run of success, but were basically .500 teams in 2023. They will remain in Roger's favor for quite awhile. 

    The AFC North will probably be won with a 10-7 record. I think the teams are all pretty even- certainly Cincy has the edge now due to past success, and the best QB. 

    @bob806 said:

    Nobody is sleeping on the Steelers. The NFL has them scheduled for 5 primetime games. As a comparison, the Packers have 6. Two teams who've had a good run of success, but were basically .500 teams in 2023. They will remain in Roger's favor for quite awhile. 

    The AFC North will probably be won with a 10-7 record. I think the teams are all pretty even- certainly Cincy has the edge now due to past success, and the best QB. 

    I don’t look at scheduling as an indicator to how people feel about teams. The Steelers are a big draw period because the fan base is spread so far out post the collapse of the steel industry. I guess specifically I think people are sleeping on pickett. Either way you aren’t wrong, the division is going to be a blood bath. I do think there will be teams with more than 10 wins tho.