Schedule
-
Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season.
I've been wondering about that myself. I think you guys got a Grand Theft with Pickett. FWIW, I think he only threw 1 INT in the last 5 or 6 games. I wanted us to draft him instead of going in the direction we went. I hope I was wrong about that.
I've been wondering about that myself. I think you guys got a Grand Theft with Pickett. FWIW, I think he only threw 1 INT in the last 5 or 6 games. I wanted us to draft him instead of going in the direction we went. I hope I was wrong about that.
I was not sold on pickett as much coming out of the draft. I was a fan but I wasn’t sure he was the answer. I’m a giant fan now. Obviously I’m in enemy territory here and I appreciate people being cordial with me as I appreciate reading opinions here. Pickett is the definition of calm and cool in the pockett. He’s mobile but doesn’t need to rely on it and he works his ass off. He has literally been throwing all summer long and put on 12-15 pounds of lean muscle. The browns would be well on their way had they gone that route. I think the watson contract is a boat anchor, especially with 65m against next season courtesy of the restructure.
-
We'll see... He's no Burrow that's for sure...
Based on what? We don’t know how he’s going to be. He’s gained like 12-15 pounds of muscle and has been throwing like a mad man all off-season. Burrow is great but people act like he’s some sort of supreme athletic specimen. Go check his RAS.
Based on what? We don’t know how he’s going to be. He’s gained like 12-15 pounds of muscle and has been throwing like a mad man all off-season. Burrow is great but people act like he’s some sort of supreme athletic specimen. Go check his RAS.
I never said Burrow was all that either... Big deal he put on weight... That translates 0 at this point..
-
Based on what? We don’t know how he’s going to be. He’s gained like 12-15 pounds of muscle and has been throwing like a mad man all off-season. Burrow is great but people act like he’s some sort of supreme athletic specimen. Go check his RAS.
I never said Burrow was all that either... Big deal he put on weight... That translates 0 at this point..
I never said Burrow was all that either... Big deal he put on weight... That translates 0 at this point..
My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out.
-
Watson played his ass off in that Saints game
He put 3 TD passes right where they needed to be. Two drops and a slip & fall down. He played well enough to win. Still though, the reason it cost 256mil is because he doesn't like the cold. He was ready to become a Saint or a Falcon. We were declared out of the sweepstakes the day before the announcement that he was going to the Browns.
He put 3 TD passes right where they needed to be. Two drops and a slip & fall down. He played well enough to win. Still though, the reason it cost 256mil is because he doesn't like the cold. He was ready to become a Saint or a Falcon. We were declared out of the sweepstakes the day before the announcement that he was going to the Browns.
So, from this sequence of events, we can infer that Cleveland wasn't his first choice. Big deal, it is unlikely to be for most players who are not from there. I am also happy to go along with the idea that he doesn't like the cold.
Still, he did choose to be a Brown in the end. So, bases on that, it would seem that he likes money more than he dislikes the cold. And in the below video from that day, what I see most is a guy who enjoys playing football a whole lot.
In addition to the 3 passes that should have been TDs that you mentioned, he also rushed for one more in the cold. Watson in winter is the least of our worries.
-
I never said Burrow was all that either... Big deal he put on weight... That translates 0 at this point..
My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out.
My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out.
He gets a chance to prove it one way or another.. That's all you can ask for at this point... I expect us to be better on defense.. It's our offense that concerns me and the chickenshit coaching by Kevvy... I'm still not sold and I expect us to be in the basement again...
-
My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out.
He gets a chance to prove it one way or another.. That's all you can ask for at this point... I expect us to be better on defense.. It's our offense that concerns me and the chickenshit coaching by Kevvy... I'm still not sold and I expect us to be in the basement again...
He gets a chance to prove it one way or another.. That's all you can ask for at this point... I expect us to be better on defense.. It's our offense that concerns me and the chickenshit coaching by Kevvy... I'm still not sold and I expect us to be in the basement again...
The offense was averaging 24 ppg., despite passing on makeable FGs and going for it a lot on 4th down.
I'm not expecting miracles, but I do think a healthy Browns offense scores enough points to win in most instances.
I kind of get why fans are down on Stefanski, but let's see how this supposed "new look" offense is before we ask he get fired.
-
I never said Burrow was all that either... Big deal he put on weight... That translates 0 at this point..
My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out.
My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out.
Working his ass off don't mean shit. They all work their ass off.
-
My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out.
Working his ass off don't mean shit. They all work their ass off.
-
-
None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?
My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented.
-
I was referring to Jones and Washington, pretty clearly I thought. IOL has improved, I have no argument there. Maybe now they won't have to ride Najee so damn much and he'll actually have some tread on the fire for his 2nd contract.
Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada.
Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada.
Every time I see the name "Matt Canada" I instantly think about the story of Michael Vick and his alias and whatever STD he was giving chicks - but I can't remember what his alias was!? Ron Mexico?
-
The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.
-
The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.
The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.

No joke now. Until big Ben finally retired this was a really good quarterback division. Too bad for Pittsburgh that they never did any serious quarterback succession planning. Oh well good for CLE, CIN, BAL untill PIT gets a franchise quarterback aboard.
-
None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?
My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented.
My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented.
Sounds like Vagi is developing Browns optimism before the season starts, wait until he comes up with excuses why they miss the play offs and they'll fix it in the draft.
And it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't haze each other, Squeeler!
-
Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada.
Every time I see the name "Matt Canada" I instantly think about the story of Michael Vick and his alias and whatever STD he was giving chicks - but I can't remember what his alias was!? Ron Mexico?
Every time I see the name "Matt Canada" I instantly think about the story of Michael Vick and his alias and whatever STD he was giving chicks - but I can't remember what his alias was!? Ron Mexico?
Lol. It was definitely Ron Mexico.
-
The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.
The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.
Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league.
-
My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented.
Sounds like Vagi is developing Browns optimism before the season starts, wait until he comes up with excuses why they miss the play offs and they'll fix it in the draft.
And it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't haze each other, Squeeler!
Sounds like Vagi is developing Browns optimism before the season starts, wait until he comes up with excuses why they miss the play offs and they'll fix it in the draft.
And it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't haze each other, Squeeler!
Oh I’m almost always optimistic leading into the season but this season I’m probably the most because of our draft and all the off season moves to fill holes. I won’t be making excuses. Matt Canada is the only area that concerns me.
-
None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?
My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented.
My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented.
Well there you go. Ben had pure talent. Having to "work your ass off" because he isn't as talented as other QB's wouldn't inspire me.
But then again, I'm not saying Pickett isn't going to be good. He does scare me a little. Look at his eyes. He has the "it" factor.
-
The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.
The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.
That may not be permanent though.
-
The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.
That may not be permanent though.
That may not be permanent though.
Kind of senseless arguing potential. Just like Vagitron doesn’t want hear Watson’s potential with a full season under his belt and a better collection of talent.
I’m not gonna be a complete homer Pickett is 1-0 against the Browns.
He’s apparently working hard. I guess I assume that’s the way a second year player trying to make his mark in the League would conduct offseason workouts and give the appropriate attention to his craft
I guess I don’t buy the Ben didn’t work hard element either. He was probably more work hard play hard than most…remember he started as a game manager early in his career…my how that changed quickly and he had sadly for Browns fan a Hall of Fame career
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login