Skip to content

Schedule

The Browns Board
74 18 2.9k 1
  • @nickers said:

    I never said Burrow was all that either... Big deal he put on weight...  That translates 0 at this point..

    My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out. 

    @vagitron said:

    My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out. 

    He gets a chance to prove it one way or another.. That's all you can ask for at this point... I expect us to be better on defense.. It's our offense that concerns me and the chickenshit coaching by Kevvy... I'm still not sold and I expect us to be in the basement again...

  • @vagitron said:

    My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out. 

    He gets a chance to prove it one way or another.. That's all you can ask for at this point... I expect us to be better on defense.. It's our offense that concerns me and the chickenshit coaching by Kevvy... I'm still not sold and I expect us to be in the basement again...

    @nickers said:

    He gets a chance to prove it one way or another.. That's all you can ask for at this point... I expect us to be better on defense.. It's our offense that concerns me and the chickenshit coaching by Kevvy... I'm still not sold and I expect us to be in the basement again...

    The offense was averaging 24 ppg., despite passing on makeable FGs and going for it a lot on 4th down. 

    I'm not expecting miracles, but I do think a healthy Browns offense scores enough points to win in most instances. 

    I kind of get why fans are down on Stefanski, but let's see how this supposed "new look" offense is before we ask he get fired. 

  • @nickers said:

    I never said Burrow was all that either... Big deal he put on weight...  That translates 0 at this point..

    My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out. 

    @vagitron said:

    My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out. 

    Working his ass off don't mean shit. They all work their ass off. 

  • @vagitron said:

    My point is he’s been working his ass off. The team actually put an office for him near the coaches office because he was spending so much time there. If nothing else he’s working his ass off to be great and I expect a big leap this season. Guess we are gonna find out. 

    Working his ass off don't mean shit. They all work their ass off. 

    @fy56 said:

    Working his ass off don't mean shit. They all work their ass off. 

    No they really don’t. The good ones do. 

  • @fy56 said:

    Working his ass off don't mean shit. They all work their ass off. 

    No they really don’t. The good ones do. 

    @vagitron said:

    No they really don’t. The good ones do. 

    None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?

  • @vagitron said:

    No they really don’t. The good ones do. 

    None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?

    @fy56 said:

    None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

     I was referring to Jones and Washington, pretty clearly I thought.    IOL has improved, I have no argument there.   Maybe now they won't have to ride Najee so damn much and he'll actually have some tread on the fire for his 2nd contract.  

    Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada. 

    @vagitron said:

    Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada. 

    Every time I see the name "Matt Canada" I instantly think about the story of Michael Vick and his alias and whatever STD he was giving chicks - but I can't remember what his alias was!? Ron Mexico? 

  • The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

  • The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division.    😮

     

    No joke now.    Until big Ben finally  retired this was a really good quarterback division.   Too bad for Pittsburgh that they never did any serious quarterback succession  planning.   Oh well good for  CLE, CIN, BAL  untill PIT  gets a franchise quarterback aboard. 

  • @fy56 said:

    None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    @vagitron said:

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    Sounds like Vagi is developing Browns optimism before the season starts, wait until he comes up with excuses why they miss the play offs and they'll fix it in the draft.

    And it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't haze each other, Squeeler!

  • @vagitron said:

    Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada. 

    Every time I see the name "Matt Canada" I instantly think about the story of Michael Vick and his alias and whatever STD he was giving chicks - but I can't remember what his alias was!? Ron Mexico? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Every time I see the name "Matt Canada" I instantly think about the story of Michael Vick and his alias and whatever STD he was giving chicks - but I can't remember what his alias was!? Ron Mexico? 

    Lol. It was definitely Ron Mexico. 

  • The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

  • JaxJ Jax

    @vagitron said:

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    Sounds like Vagi is developing Browns optimism before the season starts, wait until he comes up with excuses why they miss the play offs and they'll fix it in the draft.

    And it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't haze each other, Squeeler!

    @jax said:

    Sounds like Vagi is developing Browns optimism before the season starts, wait until he comes up with excuses why they miss the play offs and they'll fix it in the draft.

    And it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't haze each other, Squeeler!

    Oh I’m almost always optimistic leading into the season but this season I’m probably the most because of our draft and all the off season moves to fill holes. I won’t be making excuses. Matt Canada is the only area that concerns me. 

  • @fy56 said:

    None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    @vagitron said:

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    Well there you go. Ben had pure talent.  Having to "work your ass off" because he isn't as talented as other QB's wouldn't inspire me. 

    But then again, I'm not saying Pickett isn't going to be good.  He does scare me a little. Look at his eyes. He has the "it" factor.

  • The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    That may not be permanent though.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    That may not be permanent though.

    @fy56 said:

    That may not be permanent though.

    Kind of senseless arguing potential. Just like Vagitron doesn’t want hear Watson’s potential with a full season under his belt and a better collection of talent. 
     

     I’m not gonna be a complete homer Pickett is 1-0 against the Browns. 
     

    He’s apparently working hard.  I guess I assume that’s the way a second year player trying to make his mark in the League would conduct offseason workouts and give the appropriate attention to his craft 

    I guess I don’t buy the Ben didn’t work hard element either.  He was probably more work hard play hard than most…remember he started as a game manager early in his career…my how that changed quickly and he had sadly for Browns fan a Hall of Fame career 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

    @vagitron said:

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

  • @vagitron said:

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    Well there you go. Ben had pure talent.  Having to "work your ass off" because he isn't as talented as other QB's wouldn't inspire me. 

    But then again, I'm not saying Pickett isn't going to be good.  He does scare me a little. Look at his eyes. He has the "it" factor.

    @fy56 said:

    Well there you go. Ben had pure talent.  Having to "work your ass off" because he isn't as talented as other QB's wouldn't inspire me. 

    But then again, I'm not saying Pickett isn't going to be good.  He does scare me a little. Look at his eyes. He has the "it" factor.

    My point was Ben wasn’t a “student of the game” and kyler Murray routinely pisses his coaches off due to lack of work. Ben probably could have been even better had he done more in that capacity. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    Last year was a distraction from the get-go.  This year I think we'll see the version Watson we hoped we'd see.  

  • @vagitron said:

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    I don’t think he did. I’m also not realistically expecting watson to be bad but I also don’t know that I expect him to completely return to form either. I hope he’s good, I expect the steelers to be.