Skip to content

Schedule

The Browns Board
74 18 2.9k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Harris is going to get his touches, he’s just going to have far more room to run. People are sleeping on the Steelers. I think it’s amusing. The hurdle is Matt Canada. 

    Every time I see the name "Matt Canada" I instantly think about the story of Michael Vick and his alias and whatever STD he was giving chicks - but I can't remember what his alias was!? Ron Mexico? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Every time I see the name "Matt Canada" I instantly think about the story of Michael Vick and his alias and whatever STD he was giving chicks - but I can't remember what his alias was!? Ron Mexico? 

    Lol. It was definitely Ron Mexico. 

  • The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

  • JaxJ Jax

    @vagitron said:

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    Sounds like Vagi is developing Browns optimism before the season starts, wait until he comes up with excuses why they miss the play offs and they'll fix it in the draft.

    And it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't haze each other, Squeeler!

    @jax said:

    Sounds like Vagi is developing Browns optimism before the season starts, wait until he comes up with excuses why they miss the play offs and they'll fix it in the draft.

    And it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't haze each other, Squeeler!

    Oh I’m almost always optimistic leading into the season but this season I’m probably the most because of our draft and all the off season moves to fill holes. I won’t be making excuses. Matt Canada is the only area that concerns me. 

  • @fy56 said:

    None of your draft picks, undrafted free agents and longshots are going to work their ass off either to become starters or at least survive the final cuts?

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    @vagitron said:

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    Well there you go. Ben had pure talent.  Having to "work your ass off" because he isn't as talented as other QB's wouldn't inspire me. 

    But then again, I'm not saying Pickett isn't going to be good.  He does scare me a little. Look at his eyes. He has the "it" factor.

  • The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    That may not be permanent though.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    That may not be permanent though.

    @fy56 said:

    That may not be permanent though.

    Kind of senseless arguing potential. Just like Vagitron doesn’t want hear Watson’s potential with a full season under his belt and a better collection of talent. 
     

     I’m not gonna be a complete homer Pickett is 1-0 against the Browns. 
     

    He’s apparently working hard.  I guess I assume that’s the way a second year player trying to make his mark in the League would conduct offseason workouts and give the appropriate attention to his craft 

    I guess I don’t buy the Ben didn’t work hard element either.  He was probably more work hard play hard than most…remember he started as a game manager early in his career…my how that changed quickly and he had sadly for Browns fan a Hall of Fame career 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The Steelers have the 4th best QB in the division. 

     

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

    @vagitron said:

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

  • @vagitron said:

    My point was not all quarterbacks do or I should say not all qbs push themselves in fall facets to ascend. Ben for example did it on pure talent all the time but wasn’t exactly mr. Off-season etc. Kyler Murray is well documented. 

    Well there you go. Ben had pure talent.  Having to "work your ass off" because he isn't as talented as other QB's wouldn't inspire me. 

    But then again, I'm not saying Pickett isn't going to be good.  He does scare me a little. Look at his eyes. He has the "it" factor.

    @fy56 said:

    Well there you go. Ben had pure talent.  Having to "work your ass off" because he isn't as talented as other QB's wouldn't inspire me. 

    But then again, I'm not saying Pickett isn't going to be good.  He does scare me a little. Look at his eyes. He has the "it" factor.

    My point was Ben wasn’t a “student of the game” and kyler Murray routinely pisses his coaches off due to lack of work. Ben probably could have been even better had he done more in that capacity. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    Last year was a distraction from the get-go.  This year I think we'll see the version Watson we hoped we'd see.  

  • @vagitron said:

    Watson was putrid last season, worst in the league. 

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    I don’t think he did. I’m also not realistically expecting watson to be bad but I also don’t know that I expect him to completely return to form either. I hope he’s good, I expect the steelers to be. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Why do people doubt pickett? He played pretty well as a rookie once the offense got under him. I expect a big leap this season. 

    I've been wondering about that myself. I think you guys got a Grand Theft with Pickett.  FWIW, I think he only threw 1 INT in the last 5 or 6 games. I wanted us to draft him instead of going in the direction we went.  I hope I was wrong about that. 

    @flugel said:

    I've been wondering about that myself. I think you guys got a Grand Theft with Pickett.  FWIW, I think he only threw 1 INT in the last 5 or 6 games. I wanted us to draft him instead of going in the direction we went.  I hope I was wrong about that. 

    Having said that, I also wanted us to draft Watson when we held the 1st pick overall when he came out.  While pass rushers are important, drafting Myles Garrett didn't improve our 1-15 record.  In fact, the Browns actually managed to worsen that up to 0-16.  I need a massage just thinking about that hot mess.

  • @flugel said:

    I've been wondering about that myself. I think you guys got a Grand Theft with Pickett.  FWIW, I think he only threw 1 INT in the last 5 or 6 games. I wanted us to draft him instead of going in the direction we went.  I hope I was wrong about that. 

    Having said that, I also wanted us to draft Watson when we held the 1st pick overall when he came out.  While pass rushers are important, drafting Myles Garrett didn't improve our 1-15 record.  In fact, the Browns actually managed to worsen that up to 0-16.  I need a massage just thinking about that hot mess.

    @flugel said:

    Having said that, I also wanted us to draft Watson when we held the 1st pick overall when he came out.  While pass rushers are important, drafting Myles Garrett didn't improve our 1-15 record.  In fact, the Browns actually managed to worsen that up to 0-16.  I need a massage just thinking about that hot mess.

    When all is said and done and great grandkids are watching and talking about football…Kizer and Hue might be thought of as the worst HC QB combo to ever see an NFL season.  Myles, Moses or God himself wasn’t improving upon that disaster.  Look at some of the other train wrecks too on that roster that have never seen the light of a playing field of an NFL stadium after that season.

    Maybe I’m too distant on the Ben stuff…but is anyone else impressed (maybe respect is a better word he was a Steeler) with his career trajectory from game manager Ben to Street Ball Ben to pocket passer Ben in a long career.  This had to have taken some work even if had talent.  No one is saying he studied film like Brady. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    I don’t think he did. I’m also not realistically expecting watson to be bad but I also don’t know that I expect him to completely return to form either. I hope he’s good, I expect the steelers to be. 

    @vagitron said:

    I don’t think he did. I’m also not realistically expecting watson to be bad but I also don’t know that I expect him to completely return to form either. I hope he’s good, I expect the steelers to be. 

    Watson had (I looked it up earlier this morning) a QB rating of like 79 to Pickett's 76. Pickett had a better QBR rating though. I won't pretend to know what the difference is. Regarding Watson's future, I just don't know. For the Browns fortunes, they need him to have that Big Ben sociopath in him: Be a complete shithead off-the-field, but don't allow it to effect his on-field play. Also, the offenses Stefanski has run in the past featured average starting QBs who he had to scheme success for, through a good running game, play-action, rolling the pocket, etc. Watson doesn't need that offense. Can Stefanski evolve to create an offense that fits Watson?

    I don't hope Pickett is good. In fact, I hope he's godawful. You should expect the Steelers to be good, they've established a long winning tradition since Cowher took over from Noll. I know I have no delusions that the Steelers are all the sudden going to become a non-factor, as much as I would love to see it. 

    Good to talk to you again, Vag. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

    Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

    Last year was a distraction from the get-go.  This year I think we'll see the version Watson we hoped we'd see.  

    @flugel said:

    Last year was a distraction from the get-go.  This year I think we'll see the version Watson we hoped we'd see.  

    Just give me the Houston Texan production Watson, and I'll be thrilled. 

    The Browns have to have that to go far in the buzzsaw that is 2023 American Football Conference play. 

  • @vagitron said:

    I don’t think he did. I’m also not realistically expecting watson to be bad but I also don’t know that I expect him to completely return to form either. I hope he’s good, I expect the steelers to be. 

    Watson had (I looked it up earlier this morning) a QB rating of like 79 to Pickett's 76. Pickett had a better QBR rating though. I won't pretend to know what the difference is. Regarding Watson's future, I just don't know. For the Browns fortunes, they need him to have that Big Ben sociopath in him: Be a complete shithead off-the-field, but don't allow it to effect his on-field play. Also, the offenses Stefanski has run in the past featured average starting QBs who he had to scheme success for, through a good running game, play-action, rolling the pocket, etc. Watson doesn't need that offense. Can Stefanski evolve to create an offense that fits Watson?

    I don't hope Pickett is good. In fact, I hope he's godawful. You should expect the Steelers to be good, they've established a long winning tradition since Cowher took over from Noll. I know I have no delusions that the Steelers are all the sudden going to become a non-factor, as much as I would love to see it. 

    Good to talk to you again, Vag. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Watson had (I looked it up earlier this morning) a QB rating of like 79 to Pickett's 76. Pickett had a better QBR rating though. I won't pretend to know what the difference is. Regarding Watson's future, I just don't know. For the Browns fortunes, they need him to have that Big Ben sociopath in him: Be a complete shithead off-the-field, but don't allow it to effect his on-field play. Also, the offenses Stefanski has run in the past featured average starting QBs who he had to scheme success for, through a good running game, play-action, rolling the pocket, etc. Watson doesn't need that offense. Can Stefanski evolve to create an offense that fits Watson?

    I don't hope Pickett is good. In fact, I hope he's godawful. You should expect the Steelers to be good, they've established a long winning tradition since Cowher took over from Noll. I know I have no delusions that the Steelers are all the sudden going to become a non-factor, as much as I would love to see it. 

    Good to talk to you again, Vag. 

    I hope watson is good because I don’t want any excuses in the division. ?

    Good to talk with you too. I try to leave you boys alone in the off-season. I also don’t have gipper to fight with. ?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Watson had (I looked it up earlier this morning) a QB rating of like 79 to Pickett's 76. Pickett had a better QBR rating though. I won't pretend to know what the difference is. Regarding Watson's future, I just don't know. For the Browns fortunes, they need him to have that Big Ben sociopath in him: Be a complete shithead off-the-field, but don't allow it to effect his on-field play. Also, the offenses Stefanski has run in the past featured average starting QBs who he had to scheme success for, through a good running game, play-action, rolling the pocket, etc. Watson doesn't need that offense. Can Stefanski evolve to create an offense that fits Watson?

    I don't hope Pickett is good. In fact, I hope he's godawful. You should expect the Steelers to be good, they've established a long winning tradition since Cowher took over from Noll. I know I have no delusions that the Steelers are all the sudden going to become a non-factor, as much as I would love to see it. 

    Good to talk to you again, Vag. 

    I hope watson is good because I don’t want any excuses in the division. ?

    Good to talk with you too. I try to leave you boys alone in the off-season. I also don’t have gipper to fight with. ?

    @vagitron said:

    I hope watson is good because I don’t want any excuses in the division. ?

    Good to talk with you too. I try to leave you boys alone in the off-season. I also don’t have gipper to fight with. ?

    Yeah, this board has lost a few good ones over the last few years.

    Some others are too stupid to ever die, so we'll be stuck with them forever. ?

  • @vagitron said:

    I hope watson is good because I don’t want any excuses in the division. ?

    Good to talk with you too. I try to leave you boys alone in the off-season. I also don’t have gipper to fight with. ?

    Yeah, this board has lost a few good ones over the last few years.

    Some others are too stupid to ever die, so we'll be stuck with them forever. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, this board has lost a few good ones over the last few years.

    Some others are too stupid to ever die, so we'll be stuck with them forever. ?

    ?

    I always get a laugh when I check my profile here and see ban notices from zombo.

    warning “being a douchebag” lol

  • @vagitron said:

    I hope watson is good because I don’t want any excuses in the division. ?

    Good to talk with you too. I try to leave you boys alone in the off-season. I also don’t have gipper to fight with. ?

    Yeah, this board has lost a few good ones over the last few years.

    Some others are too stupid to ever die, so we'll be stuck with them forever. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Some others are too stupid to ever die,

    hmmm wonder who you could be talking about ?

  • Way to soon projected AFCN records up to Browns bye week 5..

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W

     Priority 1 ! Win the Battle of Ohio !

      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh
      @  bal.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Baltimore  W

    WEEK 2

      @  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati  W
      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh  W

    WEEK 3

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W
      @  bal.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Baltimore  W
      @  lv.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40&Las Vegas
      @  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati   W

    WEEK 4

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W
      @  ten.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Tennessee
      @  hou.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Houston

    Browns 3-1 at bye

    Bengals 3-1

    Steelers 3-1

    Baltimore 2 - 2

    WEEK 5

    BYE
    cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland
      @  ari.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Arizona
      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh

    What ya got ? 

    Our Cleveland Browns have not won a regular season game in Pittsburgh since ?

    10/05/2003* Cleveland Browns 33 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 13 

     20 years is here... We're DUE !     It's MNF....   🙂

  • Way to soon projected AFCN records up to Browns bye week 5..

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W

     Priority 1 ! Win the Battle of Ohio !

      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh
      @  bal.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Baltimore  W

    WEEK 2

      @  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati  W
      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh  W

    WEEK 3

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W
      @  bal.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Baltimore  W
      @  lv.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40&Las Vegas
      @  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati   W

    WEEK 4

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W
      @  ten.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Tennessee
      @  hou.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Houston

    Browns 3-1 at bye

    Bengals 3-1

    Steelers 3-1

    Baltimore 2 - 2

    WEEK 5

    BYE
    cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland
      @  ari.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Arizona
      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh

    What ya got ? 

    Our Cleveland Browns have not won a regular season game in Pittsburgh since ?

    10/05/2003* Cleveland Browns 33 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 13 

     20 years is here... We're DUE !     It's MNF....   🙂

    @gumby73 said:

    Way to soon projected AFCN records up to Browns bye week 5..

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W

     Priority 1 ! Win the Battle of Ohio !

      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh
      @  bal.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Baltimore  W

    WEEK 2

      @  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati  W
      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh  W

    WEEK 3

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W
      @  bal.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Baltimore  W
      @  lv.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40&Las Vegas
      @  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati   W

    WEEK 4

      @  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W
      @  ten.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Tennessee
      @  hou.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Houston

    Browns 3-1 at bye

    Bengals 3-1

    Steelers 3-1

    Baltimore 2 - 2

    WEEK 5

    BYE
    cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland
      @  ari.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Arizona
      @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh

    What ya got ? 

    Our Cleveland Browns have not won a regular season game in Pittsburgh since ?

    10/05/2003* Cleveland Browns 33 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 13 

     20 years is here... We're DUE !     It's MNF....   🙂

    I’d be thrilled with this…three division opponents and the Titans it doesn’t get more physical than that…3-1 and no significant injuries hopefully.