Skip to content

RIP Tina Turner! Gone at 83!

Barber Shop Talk
4 3 504 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #1

    A true Icon and a GREAT Performer!.. To quote Jeff Beck.."I would bicycle my way anywhere she played"...

    https://www.cnn.com/entertainment/live-news/singer-tina-turner-death-news/index.html

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    One of the best wedding reception songs of all time   - Proud Mary -   by Tina Turner RIP dear !  

    She could belt out a song.

  • One of the best wedding reception songs of all time   - Proud Mary -   by Tina Turner RIP dear !  

    She could belt out a song.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @mjp28 said:

    One of the best wedding reception songs of all time   - Proud Mary -   by Tina Turner RIP dear !  

    She could belt out a song.

    She wasn't a one trick pony either... Her voice was incredibly dynamic...

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Quite a talented woman who overcame much.

    I was fortunate enough to have seen her perform at a convention I attended. It must have been around 1981-82? Kind of in the beginning of her comeback, or transformation. There were maybe 500 of us at the conference, so it wasn't like she could have been commanding super big bucks.

    A long road from Brownsville, some say Nut Bush, Tennessee.

    R.I.P Tina.