Skip to content

~ ❤️ JIm Donovan Battling Leukemia, Again ~

The Browns Board
72 25 5.3k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    Browns radio announcer Jim Donovan will return to booth Sunday 

    Maan, that's good!  When I saw this thread had resurfaced I feared the worst.  Go Jim!!

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @orion said:

    Maan, that's good!  When I saw this thread had resurfaced I feared the worst.  Go Jim!!

    That makes 2 of us!  The only difference is this knucklehead didn't look at the date of the 1st post in the threat so I gave @dutch-oven a thank you.  

  • @orion said:

    Maan, that's good!  When I saw this thread had resurfaced I feared the worst.  Go Jim!!

    That makes 2 of us!  The only difference is this knucklehead didn't look at the date of the 1st post in the threat so I gave @dutch-oven a thank you.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @flugel said:

    so I gave @dutch-oven a thank you.

    ...can't hurt.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #29

    About ten years ago I was working in downtown Akron and my coworker says "Jimmy Donovan!", I turn around from the back of our work truck and there's Jim Donovan, with his wife and daughter. Kind of weird when you run into someone you've seen for years upon years on TV, but in person.

    We've been blessed with some great announcers in this town. Tait for the Cavs, Chandler, Coleman and Donovan for the Browns, Hamilton for the Indians/Guardians. 

  • About ten years ago I was working in downtown Akron and my coworker says "Jimmy Donovan!", I turn around from the back of our work truck and there's Jim Donovan, with his wife and daughter. Kind of weird when you run into someone you've seen for years upon years on TV, but in person.

    We've been blessed with some great announcers in this town. Tait for the Cavs, Chandler, Coleman and Donovan for the Browns, Hamilton for the Indians/Guardians. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @dutch-oven said:

    About ten years ago I was working in downtown Akron and my coworker says "Jimmy Donovan!", I turn around from the back of our work truck and there's Jim Donovan, with his wife and daughter. Kind of weird when you run into someone you've seen for years upon years on TV, but in person.

    We've been blessed with some great announcers in this town. Tait for the Cavs, Chandler, Coleman and Donovan for the Browns, Hamilton for the Indians/Guardians. 

    Ditto.. I knew it was him because he was in town for a book signing.  Dave Thomas, yeah that Dave Thomas who founded Wendy's.  Limo? Hell no, regular car that he was driving himself.  ?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #31

    I lost my mother in March of 2012 to Leukemia ?  during her 2nd battle ?

    It's been like some weird mothers after gift ? ? Saving the heart-n-soul of my Browns Brother returning today ? ?

    I surely didn't miss Jim's radio to TV merge today !

    Deserving  ? !

    Continue Good Health, Browns-brother Jim Donovan !

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    That was so great to see Jim Donovan get a game ball, you could see how much it meant to him. 

  • JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
    #33

    It's bad enough Doug left but the radio show felt completely empty without Jim

  • I lost my mother in March of 2012 to Leukemia ?  during her 2nd battle ?

    It's been like some weird mothers after gift ? ? Saving the heart-n-soul of my Browns Brother returning today ? ?

    I surely didn't miss Jim's radio to TV merge today !

    Deserving  ? !

    Continue Good Health, Browns-brother Jim Donovan !

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @gumby73 said:

    I surely didn't miss Jim's radio to TV merge today

    ah hot damn. I can do that now on youtube t.v> directv was on a delay

  • About ten years ago I was working in downtown Akron and my coworker says "Jimmy Donovan!", I turn around from the back of our work truck and there's Jim Donovan, with his wife and daughter. Kind of weird when you run into someone you've seen for years upon years on TV, but in person.

    We've been blessed with some great announcers in this town. Tait for the Cavs, Chandler, Coleman and Donovan for the Browns, Hamilton for the Indians/Guardians. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @dutch-oven said:

    About ten years ago I was working in downtown Akron and my coworker says "Jimmy Donovan!", I turn around from the back of our work truck and there's Jim Donovan, with his wife and daughter. Kind of weird when you run into someone you've seen for years upon years on TV, but in person.

    We've been blessed with some great announcers in this town. Tait for the Cavs, Chandler, Coleman and Donovan for the Browns, Hamilton for the Indians/Guardians. 

    That is so true !  We have been absolutely spoiled by some of the  best  in the business ......  both radio and TV,  INDIANS, BROWNS  and CAVALIERS ! 

    We are so glad Jim D.  is back where he belongs ..... behind the mic.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #36
    Cleveland Browns@Browns
    Some amazing news from Jim Donovan!

    Jim has completed his cancer treatments and rang the bell at University Hospital! 🧡 🎥:@meghand44
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #37

    ESPNs Chris Mortensen passed away today, at age 72. 

  • ESPNs Chris Mortensen passed away today, at age 72. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @dutch-oven said:

    ESPNs Chris Mortensen passed away today, at age 72. 

    That's sad!  I always thought he did a good job; and I always got the impression he was well respected.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    ESPNs Chris Mortensen passed away today, at age 72. 

    That's sad!  I always thought he did a good job; and I always got the impression he was well respected.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @flugel said:

    That's sad!  I always thought he did a good job; and I always got the impression he was well respected.

    Damn he looked young for being in his 70's RIP

  • ESPNs Chris Mortensen passed away today, at age 72. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @dutch-oven said:

    ESPNs Chris Mortensen passed away today, at age 72. 

    I saw that, looked like he has aged some,  RIP Chris long time ESPN person.

  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    God bless Jim. He was even he voice of the Browns for the media published during the dormancy of the mid to late 90s.

    Screenshot_20240829_155154_Instagram.jpg

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Give'em hell Jimmy D... We all luv ya!.. ?

  • A AP1

    God bless Jim. He was even he voice of the Browns for the media published during the dormancy of the mid to late 90s.

    Screenshot_20240829_155154_Instagram.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @ap1 said:

    God bless Jim. He was even he voice of the Browns for the media published during the dormancy of the mid to late 90s.

    Screenshot_20240829_155154_Instagram.jpg

    GOD  WE MISS HIM WHEN HE IS NOT THERE !    LOVE YOU JIM.   

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #44

    IMG_6007.jpeg

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Siciliano grew up in the Washington D.C. area, but is a lifetime Browns fan. His dad is from NE Ohio, and raised his kids to root for the orange and brown. 

  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by AP1
    #46

    Screenshot_20240920_133034_YouTube.jpg