Skip to content

Deshaun Watson at ota's

The Browns Board
43 11 2.2k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    Brief timeline from a Texans pay article, during Watson trade...

    The Texans owner Bob McNair passes away. Son, now owner Cal McNair takes his place..

    a.) Fires A fairly good Coach..

    b.) Rick Smith the Texans former GM, was fired soon after...

    c.) Than in comes a honest ?  Patriots savor from New England, named as Houston's GM ..Nick Caserio.. who than took out the rest of the witnessing Texans front office staff...

    Not a small matter.. The Texans should have forfeited draft picks & got fined in most opinions ..   - Only if the son murdered the father.

    Ultimately the owner is allowed to fire whomever he/she/they want...( we have Trigguh Finguh Jimmuh ).  And it's not uncommon for both the HC & GM to be fired....which can snowball into the new HC & GM changing many of the people around them.  And in this case, with a new owner, he'll probably make a personnel change or two....so it's a full blown cleaning of the house.  (we've been there)

    And so now they just had 2 first round picks (#'s 2 & 3 overall)...and they picked the QB for their new era.  Next year they'll have our 1st rounder...so then their Watson trade assets will have all been transformed into asses.  And hopefully we don't look like asses because Watson played well.    

    @orion said:

    And hopefully we don't look like asses because Watson played well.    

    I don't understand that comment?   How is Watson playing well going to make us look like asses?

  • @orion said:

    And hopefully we don't look like asses because Watson played well.    

    I don't understand that comment?   How is Watson playing well going to make us look like asses?

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't understand that comment?   How is Watson playing well going to make us look like asses?

    Yeah, I guess I didn't word that too well.  How 'bout, Hopefully we WON'T look like asses because Watson played well  (...and not poorly).

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't understand that comment?   How is Watson playing well going to make us look like asses?

    Yeah, I guess I didn't word that too well.  How 'bout, Hopefully we WON'T look like asses because Watson played well  (...and not poorly).

    @orion said:

    Yeah, I guess I didn't word that too well.  How 'bout, Hopefully we WON'T look like asses because Watson played well  (...and not poorly).

    That is better.  If the rest of the team plays poorly, we are sunk.

    I was thinking you might have meant us looking like asse if Watson doesn't play well.  The underlying point being Houston holds our 1st pick.  The worse we finish, the higher the pick they receive.

    I hope they get the last or even the next to last pick.