Skip to content

Two Browns players robbed at gunpoint, per police report

The Browns Board
11 6 713 1
  • https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=news

    According to police, the two players left a Cleveland nightclub early Monday morning. When they got to Newsome's truck in a nearby parking lot, six masked men jumped out of an unknown car and robbed them at gunpoint at 3:30 a.m. ET Monday. In addition to stealing jewelry, the suspects fled in Newsome's truck.

    The Browns began mandatory minicamp Tuesday.

    "I'm glad our guys are OK. ... We want everybody to be safe and we want to get violent people off of our streets," Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Tuesday.

  • https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=news

    According to police, the two players left a Cleveland nightclub early Monday morning. When they got to Newsome's truck in a nearby parking lot, six masked men jumped out of an unknown car and robbed them at gunpoint at 3:30 a.m. ET Monday. In addition to stealing jewelry, the suspects fled in Newsome's truck.

    The Browns began mandatory minicamp Tuesday.

    "I'm glad our guys are OK. ... We want everybody to be safe and we want to get violent people off of our streets," Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Tuesday.

    @vambo said:

    at 3:30 a.m.

    You have to ask yourself, what type of people are out and about at that hour?   And Winfrey & Newsome should know the answer to that.

  • @vambo said:

    at 3:30 a.m.

    You have to ask yourself, what type of people are out and about at that hour?   And Winfrey & Newsome should know the answer to that.

    @orion said:

    You have to ask yourself, what type of people are out and about at that hour?   And Winfrey & Newsome should know the answer to that.

    I just knew an element of thug surrounded this kid (Winfrey).. Why can't we have nice things?

  • @vambo said:

    at 3:30 a.m.

    You have to ask yourself, what type of people are out and about at that hour?   And Winfrey & Newsome should know the answer to that.

    @orion said:

    You have to ask yourself, what type of people are out and about at that hour?   And Winfrey & Newsome should know the answer to that.

    As I told my kids, I set 12:00 AM as their curfew except on rare occasions.  I always told them that nothing good happens after midnight.

    These guys aren't kids so I am not saying they should be in by midnight, but 3:30?  Come on!

    Obviously these cats need a little extra supervision at practice.  Maybe several extra gassers might give them the opportunity to think and reflect.

    Better than that, let them reflect while they blow the start whistle and watch their team run gassers for them.  Yep, that is what I would do.

    After all, those guys would have to be tired after a late night out.  Let them relax while watching their mates run around for them.  I am sure the teammates will be happy to do that.

  • @orion said:

    You have to ask yourself, what type of people are out and about at that hour?   And Winfrey & Newsome should know the answer to that.

    As I told my kids, I set 12:00 AM as their curfew except on rare occasions.  I always told them that nothing good happens after midnight.

    These guys aren't kids so I am not saying they should be in by midnight, but 3:30?  Come on!

    Obviously these cats need a little extra supervision at practice.  Maybe several extra gassers might give them the opportunity to think and reflect.

    Better than that, let them reflect while they blow the start whistle and watch their team run gassers for them.  Yep, that is what I would do.

    After all, those guys would have to be tired after a late night out.  Let them relax while watching their mates run around for them.  I am sure the teammates will be happy to do that.

    @ballpeen said:

    but 3:30?  Come on!

    Yeah.  I know they're out of college and supposed to be classified as adults now...but let's face it.....

    I think it's logical to set a curfew of some sort for when the team is in session.....OTA's, TC, in season (bye-week the exception).  

  • @ballpeen said:

    but 3:30?  Come on!

    Yeah.  I know they're out of college and supposed to be classified as adults now...but let's face it.....

    I think it's logical to set a curfew of some sort for when the team is in session.....OTA's, TC, in season (bye-week the exception).  

    @orion said:

    Yeah.  I know they're out of college and supposed to be classified as adults now...but let's face it.....

    I think it's logical to set a curfew of some sort for when the team is in session.....OTA's, TC, in season (bye-week the exception).  

    The only people out at 3:30 am are trouble. Then compound the fact these guys are recognizable and have money makes them targets. Not very smart on their part.

  • N Neo

    @orion said:

    Yeah.  I know they're out of college and supposed to be classified as adults now...but let's face it.....

    I think it's logical to set a curfew of some sort for when the team is in session.....OTA's, TC, in season (bye-week the exception).  

    The only people out at 3:30 am are trouble. Then compound the fact these guys are recognizable and have money makes them targets. Not very smart on their part.

    @neo said:

    compound the fact these guys are recognizable and have money makes them targets. Not very smart on their part.

    ...and they usually (but not always) have nice rides.

  • @ballpeen said:

    but 3:30?  Come on!

    Yeah.  I know they're out of college and supposed to be classified as adults now...but let's face it.....

    I think it's logical to set a curfew of some sort for when the team is in session.....OTA's, TC, in season (bye-week the exception).  

    @orion said:

    Yeah.  I know they're out of college and supposed to be classified as adults now...but let's face it.....

    I think it's logical to set a curfew of some sort for when the team is in session.....OTA's, TC, in season (bye-week the exception).  

    I am not sure they can.  Maybe on the road where everybody is in a hotel, but there isn't any way to check if a player is in or out.  I don't think your employer could just arbitrarily set some curfew you had to follow.  Just because they play football doesn't make them any different than any other employee.

  • N Neo

    @orion said:

    Yeah.  I know they're out of college and supposed to be classified as adults now...but let's face it.....

    I think it's logical to set a curfew of some sort for when the team is in session.....OTA's, TC, in season (bye-week the exception).  

    The only people out at 3:30 am are trouble. Then compound the fact these guys are recognizable and have money makes them targets. Not very smart on their part.

    @neo said:

    The only people out at 3:30 am are trouble. Then compound the fact these guys are recognizable and have money makes them targets. Not very smart on their part.

    I've always told my kids and now grandkids as each in turn gets a drivers license, "Trouble will find you when the clock hits midnight. Be home or be ready."

  • @orion said:

    Yeah.  I know they're out of college and supposed to be classified as adults now...but let's face it.....

    I think it's logical to set a curfew of some sort for when the team is in session.....OTA's, TC, in season (bye-week the exception).  

    I am not sure they can.  Maybe on the road where everybody is in a hotel, but there isn't any way to check if a player is in or out.  I don't think your employer could just arbitrarily set some curfew you had to follow.  Just because they play football doesn't make them any different than any other employee.

    @ballpeen said:

    I am not sure they can.  I thought that while creating the post.

      Maybe on the road where everybody is in a hotel, but there isn't any way to check if a player is in or out.  I thought that also.

    I don't think your employer could just arbitrarily set some curfew you had to follow.  Just because they play football doesn't make them any different than any other employee.  Going back to your point #1.  

    I don't know how far reaching employment is able to go.  Your employer can mandate that you don't smoke tabaco...at work, at home, on vacation, etc.  because they pay the medical bills (health insurance).  They can mandate that you get a COVID vaccine.  Now, you don't have to abide, but then, you would have to find a new job.  

    One also has the freedom of speech, but if you go around bad mouthing your company loud enough they can fire your ass.  In this case the employer is hiring you for your football talent, but that also relates to your physical condition and health.  And if you're staying out until the wee hours then you're not going to be in the best physical / mental condition...which is what is required for a pro football team.  

  • Like I said, when they are on the road the rules are different because the employer is paying.  I am sure employers can't mandate an employee be in by 9PM.

    Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with the thought.  I just know from a legal standpoint, they can't, and I do agree with that.  If the team wants to mandate all players stay in a team hotel and pay for meals during these camps, they could do that and set a curfew.