Skip to content

Coach Ted Washington

The Browns Board
2 2 690
  • I work for a newspaper in Charlotte, NC and was covering a high school game tonight, turns out Ted Washington is the defensive line coach. His son, with the same name, wears No. 92 and plays defensive tackle. The kid isn't nearly the same build as his father, 5'11, 185, but man does he play aggressive. It's 1A first-year school, so the competition isn't that great, but 'Lil Teddy played great with a few tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

    His team lost, so I didn't talk to Ted Sr. after the game as my time was with the winning coaches, but I'd like to talk to him sometime in the near future, see what he thinks about his replacement Shaun Rogers.

  • I work for a newspaper in Charlotte, NC and was covering a high school game tonight, turns out Ted Washington is the defensive line coach. His son, with the same name, wears No. 92 and plays defensive tackle. The kid isn't nearly the same build as his father, 5'11, 185, but man does he play aggressive. It's 1A first-year school, so the competition isn't that great, but 'Lil Teddy played great with a few tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

    His team lost, so I didn't talk to Ted Sr. after the game as my time was with the winning coaches, but I'd like to talk to him sometime in the near future, see what he thinks about his replacement Shaun Rogers.

    Metcalf_FTW said:

    The kid isn't nearly the same build as his father, 5'11, 185, but man does he play aggressive.

    I bet Ted was that size in 1st grade. LOL.

    I didn't talk to Ted Sr. after the game as my time was with the winning coaches, but I'd like to talk to him sometime in the near future, see what he thinks about his replacement Shaun Rogers.

    Hey man we got Ted late in his career. Plus we didn't have a Ray Lewis behind him, but yeah it would be cool to hear what he has to say. What a beast. I bet he stands next to Rogers and makes him look slim. LOL.