SI ridicules Mangini and ranks browns dead last in latest power rankings
-
won't say i agree with this. the browns look more middle of the road this year than dead last. i will have to say i think the only person Mangini is out-thinking is himself in this "i'm not gonna announce who my starting QB is" thing. gonna bite him the first game or so because of sloppy play. at least IMO.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...1#ixzz0QtmHe3S9
"Cleveland Browns
Here's hoping Eric Mangini continues the starting QB subterfuge right through the Browns first offensive series of the new season, putting both Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson on the field at the same time, with Josh Cribbs actually at quarterback in the WildDawg formation. Wouldn't that keep everyone guessing? Including even the Browns offensive players themselves."
-
F;uck em, who cares. We feed off the hate, last year everyone loved us and we know how that happened. Guarantee when the Browns are sitting at 4-1 he will change his tune.
-
How can they possibley think the browns are worse than K.C. Remember the last time the Browns were ranked last they ended up 10-6. And moved up to somewhere around 14 in the rankings.
-
That ranking amounts to a big fcuk you to Mangini. I'm sure he isn't losing sleep over it.
-
I don't think the Browns will be the worst team in the league, but I don't think they're going to be shocking the world with a playoff run, either. And I doubt that the writers pick the Browns to play badly because they're upset that Mangini didn't call them personally with his pick for starter. I think it's probably got more to do with the team not being able to pick a starter, questions at the #2 receiver, questions on the offensive line, an aging running back backed up by a guy who's hurt and an undersized rookie, a linebacking corps made up of guys who underachieved here last year and ones who the Jets didn't seem to want anymore, and the fact that the team is installing a new system on offense that scored one touchdown with the first team in the preseason.
Obviously some writers don't like some coaches, but it's paranoid to turn this into a witch-hunt against the coach. Just because there will be worse teams in the league doesn't mean the Browns have a lot of work to do before earning more respect from the media.
Dennis
-
-
@danamal said:
I love being the underdog,These writers have no clue as told over and over again in every thread that they get brought up in.
Never let em see you coming.
Im glad though as a stools fan you find it necessarry to run to a Browns board with every little thing you can find,it must really suck to live in shitsburg.
actually i live in Philly and have for the past 5yrs. and also i don't run here with everything negetive i find about the browns (i'd have no time to sleep) i just thought that this was an extrordinary digg at the browns team, by a normally legit and objective national publication, that i felt wasn't justified. i check all our rivals message boards at least once a week and thought the members hear might want to see this for themselves.
-
I don't think the Browns will be the worst team in the league, but I don't think they're going to be shocking the world with a playoff run, either. And I doubt that the writers pick the Browns to play badly because they're upset that Mangini didn't call them personally with his pick for starter. I think it's probably got more to do with the team not being able to pick a starter, questions at the #2 receiver, questions on the offensive line, an aging running back backed up by a guy who's hurt and an undersized rookie, a linebacking corps made up of guys who underachieved here last year and ones who the Jets didn't seem to want anymore, and the fact that the team is installing a new system on offense that scored one touchdown with the first team in the preseason.
Obviously some writers don't like some coaches, but it's paranoid to turn this into a witch-hunt against the coach. Just because there will be worse teams in the league doesn't mean the Browns have a lot of work to do before earning more respect from the media.
Dennis
I don't think the Browns will be the worst team in the league, but I don't think they're going to be shocking the world with a playoff run, either. And I doubt that the writers pick the Browns to play badly because they're upset that Mangini didn't call them personally with his pick for starter. I think it's probably got more to do with the team not being able to pick a starter, questions at the #2 receiver, questions on the offensive line, an aging running back backed up by a guy who's hurt and an undersized rookie, a linebacking corps made up of guys who underachieved here last year and ones who the Jets didn't seem to want anymore, and the fact that the team is installing a new system on offense that scored one touchdown with the first team in the preseason.
Obviously some writers don't like some coaches, but it's paranoid to turn this into a witch-hunt against the coach. Just because there will be worse teams in the league doesn't mean the Browns have a lot of work to do before earning more respect from the media.
Dennis
We didn't have the problems KC and DEN had, DET has a new system and rookie QB, and I am not all that impressed with the Jets, Raiders, Tampa Bay or Rams, and yet they somehow think we're worse than all those teams? I ain't buying it. You make good points, but not 32nd ranked points.
-
4 out of 6 CBS Sports guys are picking Cleveland over Minnesota.
-
First play from scrimmage Mangini sends in Cribbs, Quinn and Anderson. Cribbs lines up at QB and runs the triple option with harrison but hits Braylon for a big gain. Mangini sends a twitter message that "I still haven't decided, maybe it will be Cribbs"
-
This guy lost my respect.... he has the bears listed as #10???? And the colts at #12????
Are you kidding me, cutler is not the answer and who are their receivers again besides hester, thats what I thought.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login