OT: Buckeyes-Trojans
-
tOSU is going to roll.
The cycle of conferences is about to roll around again and the big ten is going to be getting over it's down years.
-
i think it will be a 7 point game maybe 10 max now sure the winner
-
The way the schedules work out, this could end up being the game that decides the other spot in the national championship game. I've thought all offseason that OSU would win the game, and USC picking the freshman to start at QB cinched it for me (up yours Mustain). That said, the Navy game last week...
This is probably a dumb pick, but I'm sticking with my guns:
An Ohio State University 24
USC 21
Dennis
Oh, and Michigan 24, ND 17. Charlie Weis is still a douche.
-
I hate the Trojans and want the Buckeyes to roll them, but my gut tells me that OSU will get beat.
USC-27
OSU-17

I hope I'm wrong.
BTW: is anybody gonna be in the Tavern for the game tonight???
-
Trojans by 10. Although Pryor may give Carroll nightmarish flashbacks (!).
If he can combine over 200 yards rushing with over 200 yards passing - that's the well balanced FLASHBACK we would LOVE to see Pete Carroll presented with tonight. That's not as easy as VY made it look. If Pryor can do this the way I'm told he can - color me impressed. This is an intriguing matchup of 2 young and confident QBs. I hope it's the great game it CAN be.
Truthfully, I'm most worried about OSU's defense and how it's orchestrated from the DC. I understand the concept of respect to a point. I don't want to see another game plan against an elite football school where this defense stays back on it's heels for 60 minutes or I'm thinking Tressell needs to fire somebody REAL quick on the defensive side of the ball. I've seen this defense look VERY well coached and coordinated as recently as when AJ Hawk and Bobby Carpenter were playing. It's not like OSU has stopped recruiting elite players since they left so this side of the ball needs to show us some giddyup and get after it when it gets outside the Big 10.
- Tom F.
-
@shepwrite said:
Talk about contrast -- Barkley is a traditional pro style quarterback with a big arm and perfect mechanics. Pryor's mechanics are a mess but he's a scary athlete.Doesn't that sound ALOT like Young vrs Leinart? Here's the intrigue for OSU fans though: THIS version of VY is playing USC at Columbus with the MIND of Jim Tressell. If Tresell's DC (and defense) can make the occasional stop like Texas did to USC - Pryor can win the shootout. Big IF but you bet I'll be watching.
- Tom F.
-
Already a crazy day for the Big Ten: Michigan State can't field an onside kick and loses on a last second field goal to Central Michigan; Wisconsin comes from behind and beats Fresno State in double overtime.
Hopefully, the Michigan and OSU games will be just as exciting.
-
OSU during the Tressel era is pretty simple to understand: Well coached defense/ST, undercoached offense(I am not talking about playcalling, just the general coaching itself with Bollman isn't good), excellent focus.
Sadly, the latter has fallen in bigger games. The only time OSU has had a really good offense was during the Troy Smith era which was totally thanks to Troy.
USC is a very physically mature team. They don't have the talent they did in past years, but well enough to put up another 11-12 game winning season.
The key is for OSU not to get physically beaten by USC. Then they must improve their focus to win the game in the 4th quarter.
-
Buckeyes slaughter the highly overrated scrubs from USC. A national TV embarrassment that shall haunt them for decades.
OSU 47
USC 3
-
OSU 24-21 I all depends upon Pryor. If he is productive and helps keep USC off the field OSU has a chance.
-
GO BUCKEYES!

-
Wow. Nice hit by Taylor Mays.
-
Nice breakdown by Herbstreit of Mays' mistake. Physically, he's the ideal safety, but he doesn't consistently play up to his potential.
-
Aloysius said:
Wow. Nice hit by Taylor Mays.He is an absolute freak. Won't be the last hit we see.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login