Skip to content

OT: Buckeyes-Trojans

The Browns Board
78 25 3.8k
  • OSU during the Tressel era is pretty simple to understand: Well coached defense/ST, undercoached offense(I am not talking about playcalling, just the general coaching itself with Bollman isn't good), excellent focus.

    Sadly, the latter has fallen in bigger games. The only time OSU has had a really good offense was during the Troy Smith era which was totally thanks to Troy.

    USC is a very physically mature team. They don't have the talent they did in past years, but well enough to put up another 11-12 game winning season.

    The key is for OSU not to get physically beaten by USC. Then they must improve their focus to win the game in the 4th quarter.

  • J JC

    THE Ohio State University - 31

    USC - 13

    To hell with the trojans...

    GO BUCKEYES!!!!

    @jc said:

    THE Ohio State University - 31

    USC - 13

    To hell with the trojans...

    GO BUCKEYES!!!!

    xxxx all those who dont know the power of the Buckeyes. They will destroy the trojans!

    Buckeyes 45

    trojans 9

  • Buckeyes slaughter the highly overrated scrubs from USC. A national TV embarrassment that shall haunt them for decades.

    OSU 47

    USC 3

  • OSU 24-21 I all depends upon Pryor. If he is productive and helps keep USC off the field OSU has a chance.

  • GO BUCKEYES!

    brutus.jpg

  • Wow. Nice hit by Taylor Mays.

  • Taylor mayes got knocked on his ASS

  • SUCK IT USC!!!!!!

  • Nice breakdown by Herbstreit of Mays' mistake. Physically, he's the ideal safety, but he doesn't consistently play up to his potential.

  • Wow. Nice hit by Taylor Mays.

    Aloysius said:

    Wow. Nice hit by Taylor Mays.

    He is an absolute freak. Won't be the last hit we see.

  • WE COULD USE MAYS IN CLEV

    put on another 20 lbs of lean muscle

  • Mays is all hype, no substance, yet people thought he was a top 5 pick. He should have left.

  • @inspecta said:

    Wow, RIP downplaying yet another player. I don't think I've ever heard you speak positively of any player or team since you started posting here. I guess that's a nice easy place to stay....on naysayer island....

    I am not saying Mays is trash, but he isn't a done deal All-pro saftey like many think. He is a first round saftey that you hope developes.

  • Mays took over the Cal game last year.

    Just needs to play like that more consistently. Otherwise, he's not a top ten pick...and could end up getting moved to linebacker.

  • Shit, he's hurt.

  • If mays wasn't an arm tackler he would not of gotten hurt
  • @inspecta said:

    What do people do with things that have no substance in their lives? Yeah, they usually trash them....

    I'm not trying to debate you on the merits of whether or not Mays will be a good pro, I'm saying that I've never seen you say a positive thing about any one player or team or anything since you started posting here. You do realize that the majority of people see overly negative people as assholes and generally avoid them.

    On the opposite, people don't like players overhyped as the coming of God when they aren't even close. The sides balance out.

  • @inspecta said:

    So basically you're the dark side of the force?

    Ok, got it.

    Thanks Vader, I know a lot of people are always clamoring for a dark brooding figure to hang around and tell them things aren't nearly as great as they think it is.

    You should probably go down to the homeless shelters and start advising suicide for those guys. I'm sure it would be appreciated....

    Uh, no. I am the gray side of the force, because the concept of the force is all wrong.

  • I don't think it looked like Mayes suffered a serious injury, I suspect he will get retaped and return.

    (pardon me, snuck in something on topic)

  • @inspecta said:

    Uhhhh yeah, of course what the hell was I thinking referencing a fictional concept as a point of reference within this argument.

    Why don't you give us all your comprehensive list of things that are "wrong" or "not good" or "overrated" so we can avoid discussing these topics with you.

    I'm sure it will take a while, I'll check this thread in about 3 weeks when you finally finish your list.....

    Yeah, I should make a list, boy that would solve everything. I just make a comment about Mays and you lose your socks over it.

    I can't help it the guy isn't the saftey version of Aaron Curry, even though USC fans have their fantasies, mercy.