Skip to content

▪︎ ? END GUARDIANS 2023  ★ SECOND HALF ★ - JULY 13 - season's end OCTOBER 1, 2023 ?

The Tribe Board
154 8 3.7k
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    Guardians send Tito out with a 4-3 victory in his last home game. Just shy of 29k fans came out on a Wednesday night to see Francona off. 

    The huge two year renovation of Progressive Field will start very soon. (Actually, it already has)

  • Guardians send Tito out with a 4-3 victory in his last home game. Just shy of 29k fans came out on a Wednesday night to see Francona off. 

    The huge two year renovation of Progressive Field will start very soon. (Actually, it already has)

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Guardians send Tito out with a 4-3 victory in his last home game. Just shy of 29k fans came out on a Wednesday night to see Francona off. 

    The huge two year renovation of Progressive Field will start very soon. (Actually, it already has)

    Kind of a nice thing, the Progressive Field makeover  -and-  a managerial search going on at the same time.

    I have to believe that both will be first class affairs in attracting a follow-up for Mr Terry "Tito " Francona. 

    More good press for the Cleveland Sports Scene.

    * Oh BTW  thanks to Terry Pluto's fine writing i finally gave in and plunked down my  $100 for my annual subscription for Cleveland. Com  I reference it all the time so I just came clean so I can use it 24/7 now.   

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ~     AND   now the end is here
    And so I face that final curtain
    My friend I'll make it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I traveled each and every highway
    And more, much more
    I did it, I did it my way ....

    ~     The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

    GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

    GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    TBA   vs   Rodriguez 

    GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3.  Pitchers    McKenzie   vs  Olson

    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    ⚾     ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Your questions and comments are very much welcome and appreciated.   😁  mjp.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    With the baseball season winding down for the Guardians, and in a month baseball will be over, you might find yourself pining for some baseball. 

    Give the Netflix documentary 'The Saint of Second Chances', about Bill Veecks son Mike a look. Really good. 

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by

    Mike Veeck is a favorite local drivetime sports radio interview whenever he is on.

  • ~     AND   now the end is here
    And so I face that final curtain
    My friend I'll make it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I traveled each and every highway
    And more, much more
    I did it, I did it my way ....

    ~     The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

    GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

    GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    TBA   vs   Rodriguez 

    GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3.  Pitchers    McKenzie   vs  Olson

    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    ⚾     ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @mjp28 said:

    ~     AND   now the end is here
    And so I face that final curtain
    My friend I'll make it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I traveled each and every highway
    And more, much more
    I did it, I did it my way ....

    ~     The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

    GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

    GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3 at 1:10 pm  Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

    GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3 at 3:10 pm    Pitchers   Giolito   vs  Rodriguez  .....  in the last dance.

    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    ⚾     ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

    ~   The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

    GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

    GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

    GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3 at 3:10 pm    Pitchers   Giolito   vs  Rodriguez  .....  in the last dance.

    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    ⚾     ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

    Game today at  6:40 pm.  I'll be watching. 

    Game Saturday at 1:10 pm.  I'll try to watch some among college football. 

    Game Sunday at 3:10 pm.   I'll also try to watch among the BROWNS football  !    Even with 2 TVs. 

    What a good bye to the Cleveland Guardians 2023 season.   😮

  • @mjp28 said:

    ~     AND   now the end is here
    And so I face that final curtain
    My friend I'll make it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I traveled each and every highway
    And more, much more
    I did it, I did it my way ....

    ~     The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

    GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

    GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3 at 1:10 pm  Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

    GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3 at 3:10 pm    Pitchers   Giolito   vs  Rodriguez  .....  in the last dance.

    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    ⚾     ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

    ~   The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

    GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

    GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

    GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3 at 3:10 pm    Pitchers   Giolito   vs  Rodriguez  .....  in the last dance.

    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    ⚾     ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

    Game today at  6:40 pm.  I'll be watching. 

    Game Saturday at 1:10 pm.  I'll try to watch some among college football. 

    Game Sunday at 3:10 pm.   I'll also try to watch among the BROWNS football  !    Even with 2 TVs. 

    What a good bye to the Cleveland Guardians 2023 season.   😮

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @mjp28 said:

    ~   The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

    GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

    GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

    GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3 at 3:10 pm    Pitchers   Giolito   vs  Rodriguez  .....  in the last dance.

    ....   * Oh and YSU is on WKBN game late ..... YSU losing.  Oh well, they lost UNI 44 YSU 41.

    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    ⚾     ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

    Game today at  6:40 pm.  I'll be watching. 

    Game Saturday at 1:10 pm.  I'll try to watch some among college football. 

    Game Sunday at 3:10 pm.   I'll also try to watch among the BROWNS football  !    Even with 2 TVs. 

    What a good bye to the Cleveland Guardians 2023 season.   😮

    ~      SEE THE EXPAND  !   ( For the details.  )

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    With 5 outs to go the Astros are leading 8-0 over the D-backs and Texas' loss today ties them for division record. Astros take the title due to winning head to head and Texas heads for the wild card games on Tuesday in Tampa.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    ~     Well our  ▪︎ Cleveland GUARDIANS   ▪︎  finished the   2023  Regular Season   at  76-86  .469  4-6 L10  with a less than spectacular September drive to finish up the campaign unlike their fantastic 2022 September  run which indeed was an extraordinary campaign to finish    - any  -   pennant run in Cleveland baseball  history. 

    Still with the amount of starting pitching staff injuries the young call ups did perform well enough to put up a 3rd place finish in the AL Central  with a   ~ 76-86  ~  record.   And a season-long continual search for home run power did not help.

    And finally   "THANK YOU  TITO"   for all that you did over the past 11 seasons.

    GO INDIANS and GUARDIANS  !

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    -~~     A  recap on the end of the  ◆  2023  Regular Season  ◆  just for the memory. 

    ~   The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40 , Sat 1:10 ,  Sun 3:10  pm.

    GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

    GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

    GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3 at 3:10 pm    Pitchers   Giolito   vs  Rodriguez  .....  in the last dance.

    ....   * Oh and YSU is on WKBN game late ..... YSU losing.  Oh well, they lost UNI 44 YSU 41.

    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    ⚾     ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

    Game today at  6:40 pm.  I'll be watching. 

    Game Saturday at 1:10 pm.  I'll try to watch some among college football. 

    Game Sunday at 3:10 pm.   I'll also try to watch among the BROWNS football  !    Even with 2 TVs. 

    What a good bye to the Cleveland Guardians 2023 season.   😮

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    A bump up.  October 4, 2023

  • A bump up.  October 4, 2023

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    A bump up.  October 4, 2023

    ■      And another  bump - bump up !

    Getting things put together.    😁

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    ■       Bump !