DA @ 31st in NFL, over Thigpen, Griese, and Fitzpatrick...
-
Flug -
While I agree that we've been satisfied with mediocrity in DA and that our record would be better with many other quarterbacks, I don't think you can bash him after a game like yesterday. He didn't make any blatent mistakes. And that interception, I THINK, was just DA taking a chance downfield because he saw the defense jump offsides.
Next week is the test. Get revenge on the Ravens. A very, very good defense. He plays a good game next week, and he buys some time. That will be 4 of his last 5 games he has given us a chance to win. I'm going to put a pause on my DA bashing until next week if he plays poorly.
But for right now, the guy and the team as a whole seem to be turning a corner.
-
C'mon, we are going to now blame Derek Anderson because we didn't blow-out Jacksonville on the Road???
We had ONE 3-and-out in the first half, and the series went Jamal for 4-yards, Anderson to Stallworth for 5-yards, and Vickers gets stuffed on 3rd-and-1 ... you blaming DA for all of that?
Meanwhile Jacksonville put together a 10-play drive, a 13-play drive, and an 8-play drive to start the game. Guess what? We countered offensively with a 9-play TD drive, a 6-play TD drive, a 5-play Field Goal drive and a Punt that went out at the 1-yardline to seal the half.
The first drive had DA hooking up out of the backfield with Vickers for 19 yards, one great runs by Jamal Lewis of 19, and two 2-yard gains. Anderson hit Edwards down the middle seam for 21, Heiden for 10 on 2nd-and-8 and finished with a dart to Stallworth in the end zone to take an early lead on the road.
Our defense goes and throws up a 13-play debactle and allows the Jags to tie.
We come back out with three straight runs after an incompletion and then go for it on fourth down. The past few weeks you have been riding Anderson hard about a missed pass at Heidens feet on fourth down, yet this week don't point out that he hits Heiden for a 51-yard gainer down to the 2-yardline (Note: should have been a 53 yard TD pass). It takes Lewis two cracks to put it in from the two and again we take an early lead back on the road.
Our defense finally makes a stop on 4th-and1 and DA comes right back with a HUGE freaking bomb on the money that not even Braylon Edwards can drop (although runs out of bounds instead of taking it to the house). We go conservative and settle for the field goal. Anderson was 2-of-3 for 48-yards on the drive, Jamal carried one time for 1-yard and we settled for a field goal.
To start the second half ...
We give up a 9-play, 72-yard TD to open the half. Then a 13-play Drive that luckily results in a blocked field goal.
We counter with Jamal Lewis having good runs of 12 and 4 yards, Anderson attempting a deep ball to Edwards and hits Heiden for 12 yards then Dinkins for 5 yrds more. On 2nd-and-5 your boy Harrison gets stuffed for negative yardage and a dump-off to Wright leaves us punting it away as Jamal was probably out those last two plays taking yet another 'breather'.
We get bent over again defensively like an old lady, but miracously we get the blocked field goal.
The Offense FINALLY sputters on their first possession of the fourth quarter as Anderson is sacked and fumbles on 3rd-and-3 (although fumbled recovered by Thomas, who was beaten on the play, thus the hit on DA).
The defense surrenders a 3rd-and-10 with a 20-yard gainer to Jones aided with a 15-yard roughing the passer by Shaun Rogers. This field goal attempt is good and we are all tied up, late in the ball game and still on the road.
The offense responds with a 10-play, 77-yard Field goal drive. Lewis takes the workload rattling off 6, 5, 11 and 3 yards, opening up the offense for DA to thread the needle down the middle to ex-practice squad player Sedrick Steptoe for 53-yards to the 1 yardline. Why we abandon the run here I will never know, but three shortened field passes go incomplete surrounding Lewis getting stuffed for negative yards only nets us 3-points.
Jacksonville fumbles the kick-off (Thank God, because I don't think anyone really wanted to see our defense back out there).
We go dud with lack of innovation again and gain no-yards on a Lewis carry and two incompletitions to Lewis and Heiden, but come away with the gift Fieldgoal. and 6pt-point lead with 4:11 left on clock.
NOTE: We recover the fumble with 4:27 left in the game and manage to only run off 00:16 ???
We get it back after the defense makes a nice stop, and run off only 00:57 with three Lewis runs for 6-yards net, and hang on as Jacksonville rattles off yet another 9-play drive and we were even helped out by a 15-yard roughing penalty on the Jags.
YOU WANT TO BLAME DA FOR THE TIGHT SCORE????
Our Defense can't get off the freaking field. The jaguars had 23 first downs and held the ball for over 35-minutes (to our 24:55). They were 11-of-20 on Third down attempts, and out-gained us ... yet we found a way offensively to out-score them and not turn the ball over and win.
DA has had some bad games this season ... this wasn't one of them. Go find another dog to kick around this week. (Hint: start with our Linebackers)
-
\ said:
C'mon, we are going to now blame Derek Anderson because we didn't blow-out Jacksonville on the Road???No, not against Jacksonville, although he was not good in the second half, especially 1st and goal on the 4 or after the kickoff fumble.
I just feel we could be in a better position from an entire season standpoint if we weren't trying to make a 31st ranked QB workout.
Most teams look for a reason to start a first round draft choice. The Browns don't.
-
DA did what we needed to win yesterday...but that was about it. And, as a matter of fact, he once again failed to play a COMPLETE game.
First half he did great. Second half...UGH!!!
5/12, 78 yds (53 on one play), a fumble...and an INT overturned by penalty.
He was handed the ball on
Cle 20 - punt
Cle 41 - punt
Cle 21 - FG after fumble and overturned INT
Jac 25 - FG
Totally inept in the 2nd half. Sorry, but that is the truth.
-
I prefer to look at it as the TEAM went a bit stale in the second half.
DA made some outstanding throws, and is guilty of forcing a throw knowing it was a free play via defensive penalty. The rest of the incompletes are pretty much standard football.
O-line did better, kept DA from getting the typical blocked passes, but Thomas gave up the sack that caused the fumble (although to his credit also recovered it), and they failed to provide a path for Lewis to score on the goalline, execute a couple of 3rd-and-1's, and pave a way for Lewis to run out the clock late in the game.
The Defense (minus Shaun rogers) made a couple plays, I guess. Shaun Rogers pretty much single handily altered Jacksonvilles game plan. The soft coverage by our secondary is of concern. Sean Jones whiffing on the 4th-and-1 run to the left by Jax lead to a TD.
Special teams got the big turn-over at a key part in the game. Field goals were the difference.
Jamal Lewis did a nice job pacing the game with a solid running game, but failed to run the clock out late in the game and couldn't punch it in from the one (although was only given one attempt).
Coaching had bright spots, but also the lulls which mirror the negatives (above).
It's no longer KW2, it's KWho?
Notice how the Jaguars receivers run at the soft coverage pull up a couple yards short from engaging in the coverage and head back toward for the ball giving their QB a 4-5 yard cushion to get the ball in? Whereas our's run at the coverage, engage in it, and turn around, basically making our QB's throw through a tire to complete it? Huge Difference!
-
I'm done with K2. Fine with Heiden, Dinkins, and Rucker.
Just ship him to the Cowboys (his type of temperament belongs in TO-land) and get it over with.
-
\ said:
... but can't catch the pesky Flacco or Orlovsky. LinkMeanwhile, Jamal is not having the same season he did last year, yet is ranked 14th. Link
Braylon is dropping more passes then ever, yet is ranked in the top third. Link
The D is 7th in points allowed proving the Browns did what they had to do in the off season. Link
Its just too bad. This team is 3-4. It should be 4-3 or 5-2.
Absolutely mind boggling to me that anyone can argue for DA after looking at these FACTS. Who are you people and why do you want the Browns to lose so badly? I understand that one goober who is from Oregon and has a man crush on DA, but anyone who is a TRUE Browns fan, what is it going to take for you to want a change? Wow.
-
\ said:
Absolutely mind boggling to me that anyone can argue for DA after looking at these FACTS. Who are you people and why do you want the Browns to lose so badly? I understand that one goober who is from Oregon and has a man crush on DA, but anyone who is a TRUE Browns fan, what is it going to take for you to want a change? Wow.Actually I wanted change heading into last season, and already got it; I wanted to start winning (we won 10 of 15), and especially winning at home where I have season tickets to the venue (we won 7 straight). I wanted us to change the fact that we had only one Pro Bowl player in the first eight seasons back (we had multiple ones including the guy your dissing and those who directly benefitted from him). I wanted a change in these dink-n-dunk crybaby QB's, and we got that in one that put up stats just shy of Brian Sipe. I wanted to quit with this knee-jerk reaction to changing for the sake of change and I like that Crennel has been patient (perhaps over-patient, but it was much needed in this organization). I hate pretty boy QB's that are token boy-wonders before they ever step foot on an NFL field. I've seen what those types can do and believe me they aren't any instant change by any stretch of the imagination. I wanted to get into big games and win them, which we did on MNF against the super Bowl Champs. I was told we couldn't win against good teams and especially on the road, Check-did that too (just yesterday).
If you "Real Fans" would quit bitching like it's 1996 all over again and start giving this team a chance to grow, we might have something someday. You guys act like freaking babies, you bitch, moan, and cry about everything and as soon as this paper franchise puts up a pretty token boy for you shallow whiners to grab onto you run out and gobble up their game day jerseys like they are going out of style.
You were one of thousands that bought a Brady Quinn Jersey, we get it. You are embarrassed to wear it in front of your girlfriend and have to explain that the guy doesn't even start ... we feel your pain .... You even bought a pink one for her, and she keeps looking for him on the field ... believe me we understand all too much, as we lived through 1999 and the kentucky rifle.
Solution: Date fat chicks and get them the safe Shaun Rogers Jersey.
-
I love fat chicks.
-
\ said:
\ said:
Absolutely mind boggling to me that anyone can argue for DA after looking at these FACTS. Who are you people and why do you want the Browns to lose so badly? I understand that one goober who is from Oregon and has a man crush on DA, but anyone who is a TRUE Browns fan, what is it going to take for you to want a change? Wow.Actually I wanted change heading into last season, and already got it; I wanted to start winning (we won 10 of 15), and especially winning at home where I have season tickets to the venue (we won 7 straight). I wanted us to change the fact that we had only one Pro Bowl player in the first eight seasons back (we had multiple ones including the guy your dissing and those who directly benefitted from him). I wanted a change in these dink-n-dunk crybaby QB's, and we got that in one that put up stats just shy of Brian Sipe. I wanted to quit with this knee-jerk reaction to changing for the sake of change and I like that Crennel has been patient (perhaps over-patient, but it was much needed in this organization). I hate pretty boy QB's that are token boy-wonders before they ever step foot on an NFL field. I've seen what those types can do and believe me they aren't any instant change by any stretch of the imagination. I wanted to get into big games and win them, which we did on MNF against the super Bowl Champs. I was told we couldn't win against good teams and especially on the road, Check-did that too (just yesterday).
If you "Real Fans" would quit bitching like it's 1996 all over again and start giving this team a chance to grow, we might have something someday. You guys act like freaking babies, you bitch, moan, and cry about everything and as soon as this paper franchise puts up a pretty token boy for you shallow whiners to grab onto you run out and gobble up their game day jerseys like they are going out of style.
You were one of thousands that bought a Brady Quinn Jersey, we get it. You are embarrassed to wear it in front of your girlfriend and have to explain that the guy doesn't even start ... we feel your pain .... You even bought a pink one for her, and she keeps looking for him on the field ... believe me we understand all too much, as we lived through 1999 and the kentucky rifle.
Solution: Date fat chicks and get them the safe Shaun Rogers Jersey.
Hmmm, through your entire post, you still FAILED to acknowledge the FACTS. What has been starting quality about DA over the last 11 games as a WHOLE? You can't answer it because nothing has. I don't buy player jerseys FYI because free agency ruined any sense of team and loyalty in the NFL long ago. LOL @ the Rogers comment, but I don't even thinks that's a safe one to buy. (although my girl could prob fit in it right now she's due with our first child on wed, yikes!) (actually I could probably still fit 4 of her in Rogers jersey) With big mouthed primadonnas like Winslow and Edwards, Rogers won't be far behind if we don't make the playoffs. (which we won't with DA at the helm) The stats don't lie. I understand your happiness with a winning season last year, I was happy as well ....but get over it. Your hatred for good looking male athletes borders on absurd, it seems more like jealousy than something based on anything substantial. Most athletes have giant heads, and are full of themselves, at least 80% of the browns are. Because Quinn is a "pretty boy" as you put it, means jack squat, and is too weak of an argument coming from someone with a good head on his shoulders. I don't like knee jerk reactions either, but basing my opinion on a QB in the league for 4 years, who can't even make it to the top 20 QBs in the league on a team with an above average O-Line and some great weapons, is not knee-jerk, it's common sense. I really could care less if it's Quinn, Dorsey, or some guy we draft next year. We need a QB that can AT THE VERY LEAST be in the top 15 QBs in the league on a team ripe with talent. DA blows, and that is a fact. I appreciate the fact that a third string QB came in last year and played very well when our opponents had no film on him, but last year is over and I see ZERO growth. Any coach who plays man against DA should be fired because he is INCAPABLE of reading a zone. In any case, I digress ....GO BROWNS!! Please explain to me how our team has looked so god awful most of this year, and yet we have improved in almost every statistical category possible, except @ the most important position ....QB.
-
\ said:
\ said:
\ said:
Absolutely mind boggling to me that anyone can argue for DA after looking at these FACTS. Who are you people and why do you want the Browns to lose so badly? I understand that one goober who is from Oregon and has a man crush on DA, but anyone who is a TRUE Browns fan, what is it going to take for you to want a change? Wow.Actually I wanted change heading into last season, and already got it; I wanted to start winning (we won 10 of 15), and especially winning at home where I have season tickets to the venue (we won 7 straight). I wanted us to change the fact that we had only one Pro Bowl player in the first eight seasons back (we had multiple ones including the guy your dissing and those who directly benefitted from him). I wanted a change in these dink-n-dunk crybaby QB's, and we got that in one that put up stats just shy of Brian Sipe. I wanted to quit with this knee-jerk reaction to changing for the sake of change and I like that Crennel has been patient (perhaps over-patient, but it was much needed in this organization). I hate pretty boy QB's that are token boy-wonders before they ever step foot on an NFL field. I've seen what those types can do and believe me they aren't any instant change by any stretch of the imagination. I wanted to get into big games and win them, which we did on MNF against the super Bowl Champs. I was told we couldn't win against good teams and especially on the road, Check-did that too (just yesterday).
If you "Real Fans" would quit bitching like it's 1996 all over again and start giving this team a chance to grow, we might have something someday. You guys act like freaking babies, you bitch, moan, and cry about everything and as soon as this paper franchise puts up a pretty token boy for you shallow whiners to grab onto you run out and gobble up their game day jerseys like they are going out of style.
You were one of thousands that bought a Brady Quinn Jersey, we get it. You are embarrassed to wear it in front of your girlfriend and have to explain that the guy doesn't even start ... we feel your pain .... You even bought a pink one for her, and she keeps looking for him on the field ... believe me we understand all too much, as we lived through 1999 and the kentucky rifle.
Solution: Date fat chicks and get them the safe Shaun Rogers Jersey.
Hmmm, through your entire post, you still FAILED to acknowledge the FACTS. What has been starting quality about DA over the last 11 games as a WHOLE? You can't answer it because nothing has. I don't buy player jerseys FYI because free agency ruined any sense of team and loyalty in the NFL long ago. LOL @ the Rogers comment, but I don't even thinks that's a safe one to buy. (although my girl could prob fit in it right now she's due with our first child on wed, yikes!) (actually I could probably still fit 4 of her in Rogers jersey) With big mouthed primadonnas like Winslow and Edwards, Rogers won't be far behind if we don't make the playoffs. (which we won't with DA at the helm) The stats don't lie. I understand your happiness with a winning season last year, I was happy as well ....but get over it. Your hatred for good looking male athletes borders on absurd, it seems more like jealousy than something based on anything substantial. Most athletes have giant heads, and are full of themselves, at least 80% of the browns are. Because Quinn is a "pretty boy" as you put it, means jack squat, and is too weak of an argument coming from someone with a good head on his shoulders. I don't like knee jerk reactions either, but basing my opinion on a QB in the league for 4 years, who can't even make it to the top 20 QBs in the league on a team with an above average O-Line and some great weapons, is not knee-jerk, it's common sense. I really could care less if it's Quinn, Dorsey, or some guy we draft next year. We need a QB that can AT THE VERY LEAST be in the top 15 QBs in the league on a team ripe with talent. DA blows, and that is a fact. I appreciate the fact that a third string QB came in last year and played very well when our opponents had no film on him, but last year is over and I see ZERO growth. Any coach who plays man against DA should be fired because he is INCAPABLE of reading a zone. In any case, I digress ....GO BROWNS!! Please explain to me how our team has looked so god awful most of this year, and yet we have improved in almost every statistical category possible, except @ the most important position ....QB.
Amen, brother. I could not have said it any better myself. DA leaves too many plays on the field. Overthrowing Ali in the end zone when there is not a soul around him? Twice inside the red zone and he can't hit open receivers. He is not the long term solution. Savage is showcasing him so that they can dump him after the season. There is no other explanation as to why he is playing. Is Quinn our guy? That remains to be seen. But it is clear that DA is not.
-
seriously this isnt even a debate all DA does is throw 5 to 12 yard passes at receivers feet, behind them, and where they will get laid out (EX. Josh Cribbs, Washington, 'nough said) Im not saying brady will win every game but he wont make the dumb mistakes, and poor plays DA makes on a constant basis. WE NEED CHANGE, THE GOLDEN ARM STRAIGHT OUTTA OHIO, WHO GROW UP WATCHING THE ONE AND ONLY BERNIE KOSAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SOME DUMBASS HICK FROM A SMALL TOWN IN OREGON WHO LAUGHS WHEN HE MAKES DUMB PLAYS.
ps. as for K2 God bless him and everything he says. its about time somebody spoke out to this bull s*** management style of lets watch DA ruin our team, punish our franchise players, watch a passive "coach" sit there without emotion, and ruin great talent we have!
GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need bill cowher!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
\ said:
Savage is showcasing him so that they can dump him after the season. There is no other explanation as to why he is playing.The real explanation is that DA is just better than BQ. If you think there is any other reason he is playing, and especially if you think that any NFL team in NFL history has ever considered starting a lesser player at any position just to "showcase" that player in hopes for a little extra trade value, then you have a load of shit in your pants.
-
\ said:
I appreciate the fact that a third string QB came in last year and played very well when our opponents had no film on him, but last year is over and I see ZERO growth. Any coach who plays man against DA should be fired because he is INCAPABLE of reading a zone.Good point, and we could go tit-for-tat on every 'excuse' as to why the passing game, and at times the running game, and/or protection, and over-all execution, and play calling of the offense has been inconsistient at best. But you touched on a very legit point about defenses now having a read on him and have adjusted and forced him to play a weakness ... but why are you so afraid to let him work through that and counter that by making our own adjustments and becoming more familiar with what defenses are forcing him to do and get an opportunity to over-come it?
Did the NFL defenses give up and all go to their second stringers when DA had the upper hand on them last season?
Four years my ass ... the kid was handed the keys last year in week #2 and has had one off-season as the token starter. He's what made Joe Thomas the legend he was his rookie year, he's who made Braylon a household name, who distributed the ball to Winslow to tie Ozzie Newsomes record. Anderson is that guy who finishes in the top-20, as in 5th in TD's, 9th-in yards, 8th-attempts & 9th in completions, 3rd in pass completitons over 20+ yards all last season ... He's been there, something no one else in this organization has even remotely come close to in 20+ years. Funny, but no one is talking much about Joe Thomas and our O-line this season. Jamal Lewis sure ain't walking in from the one yardline behind this line. Winlsow being called everything but the best TE in football, infact he's hasn't even gotten the label of best TE on the Browns one year removed, and Braylon drops everything but his bad concentration habits. DA was the key last year and he's trying to carry these same players again this year. Ever get the thought that maybe Chud's first year schemes in play calling have been figured out too? That Braylon's had adjustments to stop him, that perhaps Winslow is being more double teamed in Joe J's absense? That more film is available on Joe Thomas too? More film on Josh Cribbs return game? More film on uses for Jerome Harrison? Why does it always have to be all about DA?
He's had errant passes, He's been picked, he's had trouble still with the short game even though focus was put into that area of need all off-season, his release point on short passes is too low - causing blocked passes ... too many blocked passes. All the while he isn't even throwing the ball deep, which was his biggest asset in 2007. I know all of that ... I still like the kid, I've seen him do what I didn't see all them other hill-jacks we've paraded out there since 1999 do.
I'll go with the guy who's been there before, even if it's only been half the time. He's still young, I believe he will get better and more consistient. I'm not ready to see what Brady Couch can do ... I really could care less. If he don't want to stick around and wait his turn, that's his freaking problem, he's collected over $5-mil this season so boo-f'ing-hoo. He's waited 20 games, we've all waited nine years (if not a lifetime). If that attitude makes me a "Non true fan" then so-be-it.
When baby Quinn is born, give his a kiss on his soft little noggin for me. Congrats to you and your girl.
-
\ said:
\ said:
I appreciate the fact that a third string QB came in last year and played very well when our opponents had no film on him, but last year is over and I see ZERO growth. Any coach who plays man against DA should be fired because he is INCAPABLE of reading a zone.Good point, and we could go tit-for-tat on every 'excuse' as to why the passing game, and at times the running game, and/or protection, and over-all execution, and play calling of the offense has been inconsistient at best. But you touched on a very legit point about defenses now having a read on him and have adjusted and forced him to play a weakness ... but why are you so afraid to let him work through that and counter that by making our own adjustments and becoming more familiar with what defenses are forcing him to do and get an opportunity to over-come it?
Did the NFL defenses give up and all go to their second stringers when DA had the upper hand on them last season?
Four years my ass ... the kid was handed the keys last year in week #2 and has had one off-season as the token starter. He's what made Joe Thomas the legend he was his rookie year, he's who made Braylon a household name, who distributed the ball to Winslow to tie Ozzie Newsomes record. Anderson is that guy who finishes in the top-20, as in 5th in TD's, 9th-in yards, 8th-attempts & 9th in completions, 3rd in pass completitons over 20+ yards all last season ... He's been there, something no one else in this organization has even remotely come close to in 20+ years. Funny, but no one is talking much about Joe Thomas and our O-line this season. Jamal Lewis sure ain't walking in from the one yardline behind this line. Winlsow being called everything but the best TE in football, infact he's hasn't even gotten the label of best TE on the Browns one year removed, and Braylon drops everything but his bad concentration habits. DA was the key last year and he's trying to carry these same players again this year. Ever get the thought that maybe Chud's first year schemes in play calling have been figured out too? That Braylon's had adjustments to stop him, that perhaps Winslow is being more double teamed in Joe J's absense? That more film is available on Joe Thomas too? More film on Josh Cribbs return game? More film on uses for Jerome Harrison? Why does it always have to be all about DA?
He's had errant passes, He's been picked, he's had trouble still with the short game even though focus was put into that area of need all off-season, his release point on short passes is too low - causing blocked passes ... too many blocked passes. All the while he isn't even throwing the ball deep, which was his biggest asset in 2007. I know all of that ... I still like the kid, I've seen him do what I didn't see all them other hill-jacks we've paraded out there since 1999 do.
I'll go with the guy who's been there before, even if it's only been half the time. He's still young, I believe he will get better and more consistient. I'm not ready to see what Brady Couch can do ... I really could care less. If he don't want to stick around and wait his turn, that's his freaking problem, he's collected over $5-mil this season so boo-f'ing-hoo. He's waited 20 games, we've all waited nine years (if not a lifetime). If that attitude makes me a "Non true fan" then so-be-it.
When baby Quinn is born, give his a kiss on his soft little noggin for me. Congrats to you and your girl.
Keep playing a QB that cost the team wins. Good call. I don't care who the back up is either. Da is nothing more than a good back up in this league. Great job againist pitt,balt, and wash.
-
\ said:
Overthrowing Ali in the end zone when there is not a soul around him?Twice inside the red zone and he can't hit open receivers.
Didn't Anderson stick a TD pass into Stallworths bread basket on one drive and Jamal Lewis take in another?
How did we get into those scoring positions again?
-
I think that the reason that the Browns stick with DA is simple. At this time he gives them the best chance to win. That means at this time he is better suited to start than the backup. For better or worse he is the Browns best option. The backup might intrigue the fans but apparantly does not intrigue the coaches enough to start him.
This is the NFL and the head coaches head is on the line every year. You play to win and to win now. Very few if any organization have the patience with coaches that the Steelers have. What have they had 3 coaches in 30 years?
The other reason that DA is prolly starting is games like the Giants game. When as Steve Young put it, when DA plays like that he is a TOP 5 QB in this league. That means he has potential, and it was not against a weak team. YES DA needs more consitency. Drive you crazy that he can play like he did in the giants game and then play like he did against Washington (though didn't he play better in the fourth trying to put them in position to win?).
What you want to see out of DA is about 5 out of 10 games like he had against the giants (not 1 out of 10), 3 out of 10 like against Jacksonville and only 2 out of 10 subpar games (he has had 4 or 5 this year). He is young and needs to show improvement and more consitency. He has not showed this as of yet but he keeps showing it when you least expect.
People say DA can't handle pressure, well to tell you the truth I think you should tell him his job is on the line every week. Because it seems when his job is on the line he plays well. Last year 0 wins VS playoff teams, this year 2 wins vs playoff teams. He can play, he just needs to be more consitenant so that you know what you are going to get.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login