Skip to content

Browns Release Perrion Winfrey !! What an ASS!!!

Locked The Browns Board
46 14 1.9k 1
  • Shame, I definitely saw his athletic potential on some plays, but it was becoming ever clearer he wasn't right in the head. 

  • One year too late, but whatever. 

  • Shame, I definitely saw his athletic potential on some plays, but it was becoming ever clearer he wasn't right in the head. 

    @korsou-dawg said:

    it was becoming ever clearer he wasn't right in the head. 

    He's what you'd call a fuggin asshole thug.  

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    it was becoming ever clearer he wasn't right in the head. 

    He's what you'd call a fuggin asshole thug.  

    @orion said:

    He's what you'd call a fuggin asshole thug.  

    Saw it in him the day I saw his name

  • I understand giving players chances when they have screwed up once before, but

    not considering character and disregarding red flags is counter-productive with some. Not all.....

    Years ago, the Browns drafted a lb in the fifth round - Jeremiah Pharms, I believe. He was in so much legal trouble, he never played a down for the Browns. and.... J.M. is another disaster.

    It's too bad - Winfrey's problems just made his football career be lost, unless he gets yet another chance. He could really have made a difference with the defense this coming season.

  • Shame. 

    I had hopes for this kid on the field. But you have to handle the off field business correctly or this is the result. 

  • Shame. 

    I had hopes for this kid on the field. But you have to handle the off field business correctly or this is the result. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Shame. 

    I had hopes for this kid on the field. But you have to handle the off field business correctly or this is the result. 

    Make that at least 3 of us now who thought the potential was definitely there.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Shame. 

    I had hopes for this kid on the field. But you have to handle the off field business correctly or this is the result. 

    Make that at least 3 of us now who thought the potential was definitely there.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Make that at least 3 of us now who thought the potential was definitely there.

    I was all in on him talent wise... His brain.. or lack of one is holding him back...

  • Better to happen now than Week 6 and we are calling a practice squad guy up that had very little training camp reps.  Next man up and time to get them ready. 
     

    Were we expecting 20 reps a game from Winfrey?  Who is a candidate to get more?   

  • Better to happen now than Week 6 and we are calling a practice squad guy up that had very little training camp reps.  Next man up and time to get them ready. 
     

    Were we expecting 20 reps a game from Winfrey?  Who is a candidate to get more?   

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Better to happen now than Week 6 and we are calling a practice squad guy up that had very little training camp reps.  Next man up and time to get them ready. 
     

    Were we expecting 20 reps a game from Winfrey?  Who is a candidate to get more?   

    I would think Elliot or Togiai next men up...

  • Shame. 

    I had hopes for this kid on the field. But you have to handle the off field business correctly or this is the result. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    I had hopes for this kid on the field. But you have to handle the off field business correctly or this is the result. 

    You liked him from the start.  And I didn't.  I didn't like him because he wouldn't sign his contract (or something like holding out) as if he was a 1st round pick or something.  To me it was a sign of entitlement.  It rubbed me the wrong way.  

    I don't / didn't blame you for liking him.  You do your deep evaluations of abilities, etc.  This time it turned out to be a wasted draft pick for us.  Which is nothing new for us (or any other team, really).  Some team will give him another chance.....if he doesn't get himself in jail first.  

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Better to happen now than Week 6 and we are calling a practice squad guy up that had very little training camp reps.  Next man up and time to get them ready. 
     

    Were we expecting 20 reps a game from Winfrey?  Who is a candidate to get more?   

    I would think Elliot or Togiai next men up...

    @nickers said:

    I would think Elliot or Togiai next men up...

    We signed Hurst if he can stay healthy.  
     

    Im guessing we lose 20 snaps- so these three likely pick up those snaps collectively 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Better to happen now than Week 6 and we are calling a practice squad guy up that had very little training camp reps.  Next man up and time to get them ready. 
     

    Were we expecting 20 reps a game from Winfrey?  Who is a candidate to get more?   

    I would think Elliot or Togiai next men up...

    @nickers said:

    I would think Elliot or Togiai next men up...

    Maybe so, but that isn't good enough in my book.  Elliott is a marginal back-up and Togiai simply sucks.  You and I could pretty much produce the same results as Togi.  Nothing is nothing.  The degree of which doesn't really matter.  

    Stomped to a pulp, beaten to a pulp, does it really matter?

  • @nickers said:

    I would think Elliot or Togiai next men up...

    Maybe so, but that isn't good enough in my book.  Elliott is a marginal back-up and Togiai simply sucks.  You and I could pretty much produce the same results as Togi.  Nothing is nothing.  The degree of which doesn't really matter.  

    Stomped to a pulp, beaten to a pulp, does it really matter?

    @ballpeen said:

    Maybe so, but that isn't good enough in my book.  Elliott is a marginal back-up and Togiai simply sucks.  You and I could pretty much produce the same results as Togi.  Nothing is nothing.  The degree of which doesn't really matter.  

    Stomped to a pulp, beaten to a pulp, does it really matter?

    This article talks about a few possible replacements for this upcoming season.... I don't know these guys but options are out there. I really thought Togiai would have been a real gem. nope.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-roster-potential-dt-replacement-after-perrion-winfrey-s-release/ar-AA1e7bRx

    and Winfrey already had failed with the Chiefs -

  • @ballpeen said:

    Maybe so, but that isn't good enough in my book.  Elliott is a marginal back-up and Togiai simply sucks.  You and I could pretty much produce the same results as Togi.  Nothing is nothing.  The degree of which doesn't really matter.  

    Stomped to a pulp, beaten to a pulp, does it really matter?

    This article talks about a few possible replacements for this upcoming season.... I don't know these guys but options are out there. I really thought Togiai would have been a real gem. nope.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-roster-potential-dt-replacement-after-perrion-winfrey-s-release/ar-AA1e7bRx

    and Winfrey already had failed with the Chiefs -

    @calfoxwc said:

    This article talks about a few possible replacements for this upcoming season.... I don't know these guys but options are out there. I really thought Togiai would have been a real gem. nope.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-roster-potential-dt-replacement-after-perrion-winfrey-s-release/ar-AA1e7bRx

    and Winfrey already had failed with the Chiefs -

    You somehow managed to confuse Kareem Hunt with Winrey.  No idea how. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    This article talks about a few possible replacements for this upcoming season.... I don't know these guys but options are out there. I really thought Togiai would have been a real gem. nope.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-roster-potential-dt-replacement-after-perrion-winfrey-s-release/ar-AA1e7bRx

    and Winfrey already had failed with the Chiefs -

    You somehow managed to confuse Kareem Hunt with Winrey.  No idea how. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    You somehow managed to confuse Kareem Hunt with Winrey.  No idea how. 

    Well, cal is the guy who thought Roethlisberger played for the Miami Hurricanes, so.... 

  • Behavior like this from cal, bullying behavior, is why people leave this board.  If he isn't running to mods trying to get people kicked off this board, its stuff like this. It makes you understand why Stan was not a fan of cal. I believe the word used to describe cal, from Stan, was "that pussy". 

    And cal is homophobic on top of it. Perhaps he is projecting? Or is he trying to impress his clique?

    Shocking behavior from someone who obviously cares so, so much about things like "character". 

    It is honestly disappointing. 

  • Behavior like this from cal, bullying behavior, is why people leave this board.  If he isn't running to mods trying to get people kicked off this board, its stuff like this. It makes you understand why Stan was not a fan of cal. I believe the word used to describe cal, from Stan, was "that pussy". 

    And cal is homophobic on top of it. Perhaps he is projecting? Or is he trying to impress his clique?

    Shocking behavior from someone who obviously cares so, so much about things like "character". 

    It is honestly disappointing. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Behavior like this from cal, bullying behavior, is why people leave this board.  If he isn't running to mods trying to get people kicked off this board, its stuff like this. It makes you understand why Stan was not a fan of cal. I believe the word used to describe cal, from Stan, was "that pussy". 

    And cal is homophobic on top of it. Perhaps he is projecting? Or is he trying to impress his clique?

    Shocking behavior from someone who obviously cares so, so much about things like "character". 

    It is honestly disappointing. 

    I must have missed something. Was there a post that ended up being deleted?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Behavior like this from cal, bullying behavior, is why people leave this board.  If he isn't running to mods trying to get people kicked off this board, its stuff like this. It makes you understand why Stan was not a fan of cal. I believe the word used to describe cal, from Stan, was "that pussy". 

    And cal is homophobic on top of it. Perhaps he is projecting? Or is he trying to impress his clique?

    Shocking behavior from someone who obviously cares so, so much about things like "character". 

    It is honestly disappointing. 

    I must have missed something. Was there a post that ended up being deleted?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I must have missed something. Was there a post that ended up being deleted?

    Just cal being cal, TexAg... 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Behavior like this from cal, bullying behavior, is why people leave this board.  If he isn't running to mods trying to get people kicked off this board, its stuff like this. It makes you understand why Stan was not a fan of cal. I believe the word used to describe cal, from Stan, was "that pussy". 

    And cal is homophobic on top of it. Perhaps he is projecting? Or is he trying to impress his clique?

    Shocking behavior from someone who obviously cares so, so much about things like "character". 

    It is honestly disappointing. 

    I must have missed something. Was there a post that ended up being deleted?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I must have missed something. Was there a post that ended up being deleted?

    Maybe a very few that were  very OT or not within  The BROWNS BOARD  Topics or just way  out-of-bounds  on the posts themselves.    That's all, no big deal really.   It should just  ..... again as the Stones would say .....   Just  Fade Away ....... .

    images (26).jpeg