Skip to content

Flight Delayed After Browns Trash Plane Leaving Greenbrier...

Locked The Browns Board
57 15 2.7k 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Food fight.

  • F FY56 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Great. Add another Cleveland Browns folly to the list.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Never happened. Oh wait, wrong board.🙄

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #5

    This seems like a topic deserving my wearing an "I Am Not an Unindicted Co-conspirator" T-shirt, but that might raise some questions that the shirt has already answered.

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #6
    • flight from WV to Cle just under an hour 
    • then flies empty from Cle to Dulles ...
    • Why wasn’t the aircraft cleaned in CLE, where it sat for 2.5 hours, or in IAD, where it sat for more than four hours, prior to the IAD-SFO flight?

    Whats next? a report from the hotels and who clogged the terlets?

    you know why .. its the training camp edition of Browns bashing media!

    •  
    • flight from WV to Cle just under an hour 
    • then flies empty from Cle to Dulles ...
    • Why wasn’t the aircraft cleaned in CLE, where it sat for 2.5 hours, or in IAD, where it sat for more than four hours, prior to the IAD-SFO flight?

    Whats next? a report from the hotels and who clogged the terlets?

    you know why .. its the training camp edition of Browns bashing media!

    •  
    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #7

    @fairhooker11 said:

    clogged the terlets?

    haahhahahahaahha HELL YA,,loved me some Archie Bunker

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    Apparently we have a team full of slobs and pigs...

    https://liveandletsfly.com/united-airlines-cleveland-browns/?fbclid=IwAR0B-3Xh7Fj74TIqKZWs8FgwwLc0-pu9H95LVOCwKWBFdG6Oez8k80v7Q8E

    that's pretty disgusting. I'm guessing a few players went on a "no massage therapists on the flight" rage?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #9

    Just checking was any part of this incident due to any allegations of Miles being called a bad name? Or is that a joke? Since that was the logic behind swinging the helmet at Rudolph. At any rate I have most really offensive words masked so is there an actual gripe here?

    Just curious.

    As far as the story it would be disappointing to see Thug culture overtake our team. Except for the win at any cost gang I guess. Then again I can't imagine one NFL team being any classier than another when it gets right down to it. Or any group of 20 somethings for that matter.

    WSS 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #10

    It's sad our guys don't even know how to act.  No Greenbriar trip next year, which had to coast the team several hundred thousand all said.  If I was Haslam, next year it's some crappy HS football field in Iowa, motel 6 accommodations, and rented school bus transport.

    If you act like pigs, you get treated like pigs.

  • Just checking was any part of this incident due to any allegations of Miles being called a bad name? Or is that a joke? Since that was the logic behind swinging the helmet at Rudolph. At any rate I have most really offensive words masked so is there an actual gripe here?

    Just curious.

    As far as the story it would be disappointing to see Thug culture overtake our team. Except for the win at any cost gang I guess. Then again I can't imagine one NFL team being any classier than another when it gets right down to it. Or any group of 20 somethings for that matter.

    WSS 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @westside-steve said:

    As far as the story it would be disappointing to see Thug culture overtake our team. Except for the win at any cost gang I guess. Then again I can't imagine one NFL team being any classier than another when it gets right down to it. Or any group of 20 somethings for that matter.

    WSS 

    The wife of my friend who played on the Superbowl champion Colts and later Oakland and Houston told me she just did not like the character of the vast majority of players she met on those teams. So a sample of three even back then in the 70s would agree with you. I doubt much as changed.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #12

    The problem I have with this.. if true.. Is it tells me KS still has no control of this locker room.. And if that's the case.. Then the potential for this season to become unraveled becomes a greater risk...

  • The problem I have with this.. if true.. Is it tells me KS still has no control of this locker room.. And if that's the case.. Then the potential for this season to become unraveled becomes a greater risk...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nickers said:

    The problem I have with this.. if true.. Is it tells me KS still has no control of this locker room.. And if that's the case.. Then the potential for this season to become unraveled becomes a greater risk...

    I criticized Joe Woods…Stefanski is in my crosshairs this year.  I wouldn’t take it this far. We had 90 guys go up there close to half will not be on the team come September.  You could have a handful of slobs that impact the whole. 
     

    Let’s start small…Call a play that works and make sound - not panicked decisions in the second half. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Sadder still, this news takes away from the attention on Joe Thomas going into the HALL OF FAME a bit, with the media.

    Whatever - it wasn't the whole team - but yeah, Stefanski doesn't lead this team - he isn't a leader. I thought I lost all respect for him last year...now it's even less.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I'm really surprised that the obvious theory of what happened on the plane hasn't been presented yet...

    It obviously was Antifa. 

  • It's sad our guys don't even know how to act.  No Greenbriar trip next year, which had to coast the team several hundred thousand all said.  If I was Haslam, next year it's some crappy HS football field in Iowa, motel 6 accommodations, and rented school bus transport.

    If you act like pigs, you get treated like pigs.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #16

    @ballpeen said:

    It's sad our guys don't even know how to act.  No Greenbriar trip next year, which had to coast the team several hundred thousand all said.  If I was Haslam, next year it's some crappy HS football field in Iowa, motel 6 accommodations, and rented school bus transport.

    If you act like pigs, you get treated like pigs.  SO TRUE  !

    ▪︎  First I hope this just   isn't   true but I'm not  100% sure.  We don't need any more  PR  bad news ...... that's for sure.   Well I went to the HOME page and checked it out among other things I saw this on page 1.   Without clicking on or reading the article  :  

    United Airlines passengers in Washington Dulles encountered a flight delay on their San Francisco flight, with a gate agent blaming a professional football team in Cleveland for “trashing” the aircraft. United Airlines Flight Delayed Thanks To Cleveland Browns As...

    ▪︎  From the article  on Flyertalk :

     MO

    Flyertalk

    CONCLUSION

    A United Airlines flight was delayed after the Cleveland Browns trashed it. It does seems there were a couple of missed opportunities to clean the plane which would have avoided a delay, but even so it strikes me as disgusting that a sports team would trash up a commercial airplane to such a degree that a pilot would say it was the worst he had ever seen his entire career. 

    ......  And of course the picture at the top of the article  OUR  BROWNS and  BROWNS FANS.   We are proud of our BROWNS and our BROWNS FANS  everywhere. 

    Cleveland-Browns-United-Airlines-2048x1139.jpg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    ~   I went through the Flyer talk magazine,  I'll bet they never called the   Dodgers   "pigs"  and check out their menu from 2022 :

    290822751_10161937963623625_5733906114836437253_n_b5b64c0145cb18f8deb9af8f4d60b023dfa16d22.jpg

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #18

    What exactly is the proof the Browns did anything? Third-hand gossip? How does anyone know that one of the dudes doesn't have beef with the Browns and is therefore just looking to start random rumors?

    United, the training organization for American and Delta because friends don't let friends layover in Newark, took off.. 36 minutes late? That's also every midday Tuesday flight from a vaguely busy airport.. aka anything not in Ohio.

    Pro sports teams throw things in an airplane all the time.  So the actual question should be -- not "did anything happen" but rather "was what happened, if anything, more than what should be expected if a sports team is going to throw stuff in an airplane".  And just to be clear... taking 36 minutes to clean is nothing.  Wake me when the party includes an armrest or a seat cushion torn off.

    Here's a fun first-hand story about United: First time i flew to the Dad's house in columbus to introduce my now wife, we got stranded in Newark for 12 hours because they just cancelled the original connection and didn't replace it.  Yes, United does do this shit.. and attempts to blame their lack of staffing and poor maintenance planning on someone/anyone they can.

    Is it possible Cleveland did something? Of course. But it's also more probable that United didn't staff high enough at the location they attempted to turn that airliner from charter back to commercial AND the browns did exactly nothing... and thus the delay is purely from United's attempt to save on staff $ by asking 2 already overworked maintenance staff to do the work of 5.

  • The problem I have with this.. if true.. Is it tells me KS still has no control of this locker room.. And if that's the case.. Then the potential for this season to become unraveled becomes a greater risk...

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @nickers said:

    Is it tells me KS still has no control of this locker room.

    wow that's a stretch. I mean ? what kind of drugs you on nickers ?

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Nice pocket awareness from DTR