Skip to content

strength and conditioning ?

The Browns Board
15 10 1.1k 1
  • Tuesday, August 8, 2023

    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    Alex Wright DE Tue, Aug 8 Knee Doubtful for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati
    Isaiah Thomas DE Tue, Aug 8 Knee Doubtful for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati

    Monday, August 7, 2023

    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    Jakeem Grant WR Mon, Aug 7 Achilles Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati
    Jerome Ford RB Mon, Aug 7 Hamstring Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati
    Drew Forbes OT Mon, Aug 7 Back Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati

    Sunday, August 6, 2023

    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    Marquise Goodwin WR Sun, Aug 6 Illness Active/NFI
    Matthew Adams OLB Sun, Aug 6 Calf Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati
    Jordan Akins TE Sun, Aug 6 Knee Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati
    Trysten Hill DT Sun, Aug 6 Hand Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati

    Friday, August 4, 2023

    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    Jaelon Darden WR Fri, Aug 4 Leg Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati
    Greg Newsome II CB Fri, Aug 4 Groin Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati

    Thursday, August 3, 2023

    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    Tyrone Wheatley Jr. OT Thu, Aug 3 Undisclosed Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati

    Monday, July 31, 2023

    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    Sione Takitaki LB Mon, Jul 31 Knee - ACL Questionable for Week 1 vs. Cincinnati

    Sunday, July 30, 2023

    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    BoPete Keyes CB Sun, Jul 30 Finger IR. Injured Reserve

    Friday, July 21, 2023

    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    Michael Woods II WR Fri, Jul 21 Achilles Active/NFI
     
  • we had this same problem last year,with mostly soft tissue problems.

  • Need to come into camp off a good offseason program. 

  • I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    At this point all of these guys have pushed tons of weight for strength.  Now, I would concentrate of maintaining the strength they have.  I'd cut the weight room time in half and add yoga training.

    Muscles as taught as piano strings isn't good.  How about adding some elasticity to those muscles?  But hey, what the hell to I know?

  • I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    At this point all of these guys have pushed tons of weight for strength.  Now, I would concentrate of maintaining the strength they have.  I'd cut the weight room time in half and add yoga training.

    Muscles as taught as piano strings isn't good.  How about adding some elasticity to those muscles?  But hey, what the hell to I know?

    @ballpeen said:

    I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    At this point all of these guys have pushed tons of weight for strength.  Now, I would concentrate of maintaining the strength they have.  I'd cut the weight room time in half and add yoga training.

    Muscles as taught as piano strings isn't good.  How about adding some elasticity to those muscles?  But hey, what the hell to I know?

    There's concentric and eccentric muscle contractions.  A eccentric muscle contraction would take place on a squat where the descend lengthens the quads and the ascension shortens them.  Nautilus used to design their equip on cam shafts designed to focus on both phases of the muscle contraction by a 4 counts to the eccentric contraction and 2 count to the concentric contraction.  Good concept if done the way the equipment is intended to be used.  Range of motion is very important in all this so there is some substance to what you are saying.

    Evolution created Hammerstrength equipment where you put free weights on machines designed to work well with range of motion for the specified muscle groups the machine is supposed to target. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    At this point all of these guys have pushed tons of weight for strength.  Now, I would concentrate of maintaining the strength they have.  I'd cut the weight room time in half and add yoga training.

    Muscles as taught as piano strings isn't good.  How about adding some elasticity to those muscles?  But hey, what the hell to I know?

    There's concentric and eccentric muscle contractions.  A eccentric muscle contraction would take place on a squat where the descend lengthens the quads and the ascension shortens them.  Nautilus used to design their equip on cam shafts designed to focus on both phases of the muscle contraction by a 4 counts to the eccentric contraction and 2 count to the concentric contraction.  Good concept if done the way the equipment is intended to be used.  Range of motion is very important in all this so there is some substance to what you are saying.

    Evolution created Hammerstrength equipment where you put free weights on machines designed to work well with range of motion for the specified muscle groups the machine is supposed to target. 

    @flugel said:

    Evolution created Hammerstrength equipment where you put free weights on machines designed to work well with range of motion for the specified muscle groups the machine is supposed to target. 

    Some of my best back workouts were done with ropes and a couple HS machines.  They make good stuff. 

  • @flugel said:

    Evolution created Hammerstrength equipment where you put free weights on machines designed to work well with range of motion for the specified muscle groups the machine is supposed to target. 

    Some of my best back workouts were done with ropes and a couple HS machines.  They make good stuff. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Some of my best back workouts were done with ropes and a couple HS machines.  They make good stuff. 

    Yeah, Hammer Strength machines gave me some of my best workouts.  I wished I used them before I was in my early 30s.  We go really in-depth with how important recuperation is after a football season (where players still did strength and conditioning at a maintenance level) aside from the football parts of the job.  It's okay for them to take a few weeks to a month or so off before starting up the whole periodization process again.  Draftees never get that recuperation period off, which is why many rookies hit that wall.  

    I think a lot of injuries are from recuperation or lack-thereof.  There's a fine line between a very good strength and conditioning program and over-training.  I think the player's union had this in mind when they wanted to limit the days of full contact per week along when players still have to lift and watch film and any other things they need to do.  Many programs have a great sports med team that work well with the strength and conditioning team.  I know the TB Bucs had a very impressive set-up back in 97 and 98.

  • I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    At this point all of these guys have pushed tons of weight for strength.  Now, I would concentrate of maintaining the strength they have.  I'd cut the weight room time in half and add yoga training.

    Muscles as taught as piano strings isn't good.  How about adding some elasticity to those muscles?  But hey, what the hell to I know?

    @ballpeen said:

    I'd hire a full time, on staff naked yoga instructor.

    FIFY-she'd have those guys motivated to get it right for sure.?🙄

  • I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    At this point all of these guys have pushed tons of weight for strength.  Now, I would concentrate of maintaining the strength they have.  I'd cut the weight room time in half and add yoga training.

    Muscles as taught as piano strings isn't good.  How about adding some elasticity to those muscles?  But hey, what the hell to I know?

    @ballpeen said:

    I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    Watson would love that wouldn't he....

  • @ballpeen said:

    I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    Watson would love that wouldn't he....

    @orion said:

    Watson would love that wouldn't he....

    personal foul, 15 yards?

  • @ballpeen said:

    I'd hire a full time, on staff yoga instructor.

    Watson would love that wouldn't he....

    @orion said:

    Watson would love that wouldn't he....

    Unless the instructor's name is Rocky or Bruno...  

  • @orion said:

    Watson would love that wouldn't he....

    Unless the instructor's name is Rocky or Bruno...  

    @flugel said:

    Unless the instructor's name is Rocky or Bruno...  

    Or Guido even...

  • @flugel said:

    Unless the instructor's name is Rocky or Bruno...  

    Or Guido even...

    @nickers said:

    Or Guido even...

    Who reads us the lost 14th commandment.??

  • @ballpeen said:

    I'd hire a full time, on staff naked yoga instructor.

    FIFY-she'd have those guys motivated to get it right for sure.?🙄

    @texasag1969 said:

    FIFY-she'd have those guys motivated to get it right for sure.?🙄

    I’m sure that would cause some muscle stiffness.

  • @nickers said:

    Or Guido even...

    Who reads us the lost 14th commandment.??

    @texasag1969 said:

    Who reads us the lost 14th commandment.??

    The man who plays Guido Sarducci (Don Novello) Is a Toledo , Oh native...