Skip to content

? Preseason Game 2: Commanders at Browns Aug 11. ?

The Browns Board
115 14 2.6k
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    These announcers are  dying.  for something good to say about this BROWNS game ..... anything. 

    I just hope the game doesn't end  BROWNS 02.   With York that's a distinct possibility....

    ....... and touchdown !   Whew.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #89

    let's go ! ya don't beat a Rivera defense in the trenches .. roll'em outside and work the sidelines

    get the ball back

  • @mjp28 said:

    Friday  7:52  still rain.

    Screenshot_2023-08-11_195914.jpg

    I am glad I sold my tickets. Standing around waiting for a game when I have a buzz on is not my idea of a good time.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @browns57 said:

    I am glad I sold my tickets. Standing around waiting for a game when I have a buzz on is not my idea of a good time.

    11:16 pm - and still  8 minutes left.  Yeah and you could still be there.    😐

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #91

    Watkins jr has a chance at this. runs good routes

    Final Washington 17  Browns 15

    make a FG or score TD's in the red zone..

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #92

    I can't believe that I saw the GUARDIANS lose  8-9  -and-  the BROWNS lose  15-17  in the same night.

    Two games by 3 total points.  Isn't that something.       😕

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #93

    How long of a kick did Cade York miss last night? 

  • I can't believe that I saw the GUARDIANS lose  8-9  -and-  the BROWNS lose  15-17  in the same night.

    Two games by 3 total points.  Isn't that something.       😕

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #94

    @mjp28 said:

    I can't believe that I saw the GUARDIANS lose  8-9  -and-  the BROWNS lose  15-17  in the same night.

    Two games by 3 total points.  Isn't that something.       😕

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here...

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

  • @mjp28 said:

    I can't believe that I saw the GUARDIANS lose  8-9  -and-  the BROWNS lose  15-17  in the same night.

    Two games by 3 total points.  Isn't that something.       😕

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here...

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @flugel said:

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here... 

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    The first drive was fun to watch, but it went downhill from there. I went to bed at halftime, doesn't seem like I missed much. When I was a kid I used to watch preseason games like they were the Super Bowl (granted, starters played way more back then in preseason), but now I find myself flipping channels a lot. 

    Last night I was bouncing from the Browns game to the Guardians game to the movie 'Clerks' on Showtime. My profile pic is from that movie. ?

  • @flugel said:

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here... 

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    The first drive was fun to watch, but it went downhill from there. I went to bed at halftime, doesn't seem like I missed much. When I was a kid I used to watch preseason games like they were the Super Bowl (granted, starters played way more back then in preseason), but now I find myself flipping channels a lot. 

    Last night I was bouncing from the Browns game to the Guardians game to the movie 'Clerks' on Showtime. My profile pic is from that movie. ?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @dutch-oven said:

    The first drive was fun to watch, but it went downhill from there. I went to bed at halftime, doesn't seem like I missed much. When I was a kid I used to watch preseason games like they were the Super Bowl (granted, starters played way more back then in preseason), but now I find myself flipping channels a lot. 

    Last night I was bouncing from the Browns game to the Guardians game to the movie 'Clerks' on Showtime. My profile pic is from that movie. ?

    Me too Dutch!

  • @flugel said:

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here... 

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    The first drive was fun to watch, but it went downhill from there. I went to bed at halftime, doesn't seem like I missed much. When I was a kid I used to watch preseason games like they were the Super Bowl (granted, starters played way more back then in preseason), but now I find myself flipping channels a lot. 

    Last night I was bouncing from the Browns game to the Guardians game to the movie 'Clerks' on Showtime. My profile pic is from that movie. ?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @dutch-oven said:

    The first drive was fun to watch, but it went downhill from there. I went to bed at halftime, doesn't seem like I missed much. When I was a kid I used to watch preseason games like they were the Super Bowl (granted, starters played way more back then in preseason), but now I find myself flipping channels a lot. 

    Last night I was bouncing from the Browns game to the Guardians game to the movie 'Clerks' on Showtime. My profile pic is from that movie. ?

    same with me when i was a kid as for watching pre season games

  • @mjp28 said:

    I can't believe that I saw the GUARDIANS lose  8-9  -and-  the BROWNS lose  15-17  in the same night.

    Two games by 3 total points.  Isn't that something.       😕

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here...

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @flugel said:

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here...

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    Oh, that would be a Party of 2, Flugs... ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #99

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd

    damn Hickman with two picks.really impressed with the second one

    and what about Watkins. I mean damn he has impressed and I kinda forget who the damn fool on this board called him a camp body

    edit: I really need to proof read before I post lol

  • @flugel said:

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here...

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    Oh, that would be a Party of 2, Flugs... ?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh, that would be a Party of 2, Flugs... ?

    ? Why do I get the creepy feeling one of them likes to mute the sound so he can play Air Supply's Greatest Hits while he's watching his QB?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    only 5 penalties for the game 

    Nice

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    this guy will be something special

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    wtf lol

  • @mjp28 said:

    I can't believe that I saw the GUARDIANS lose  8-9  -and-  the BROWNS lose  15-17  in the same night.

    Two games by 3 total points.  Isn't that something.       😕

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here...

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @flugel said:

    And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here...

    I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

    Whoa .... steeler hell x 2,  not fair !   I had BROWNS ABC on TV1 (steeler CBS scratch that X)    GUARDIANS on TV2 until my wife took over that TV.

    ?  My 9 pm snack ..... a ½ bologna salami provolone on Jewish rye sandwich plus my favorite 2 x Little Debbie Swiss rolls for dessert.    Delicious  unlike the ending of the two games. 

    All-in-all not a bad evening. .... baseball, football  + a snack.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    Phillips tore his pec and is out for the season.. that was the end of him getting PT in a Browns uniform.

    Here's hoping it means Fields will get more PT

  • Phillips tore his pec and is out for the season.. that was the end of him getting PT in a Browns uniform.

    Here's hoping it means Fields will get more PT

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @unsympathetic said:

    Phillips tore his pec and is out for the season.. that was the end of him getting PT in a Browns uniform.

    Here's hoping it means Fields will get more PT

    When you hear tearing of a pectoral tear you wonder about the other side.  You also wonder if it's basically a weight room casuality.   Guys trying to lift so much until they just go too far.  Oh well, we wish him well in his rehab back.

    ......  Stefanski said Phillips tore the chest muscle, a former starter who finished last season on injured reserve because of a pectoral injury, tore the muscle in the third quarter of the Browns' 17-15 loss to the Washington 

    "It's the worst part of this game, seeing gus get injured and especially you see how hard they work," Stefanski said. "So it hurts. I hurt for Jacob, and this is why we're teammates and why we support each other."

    Stefanski said the latest injury is on the opposite side from last season, and he will require surgery..

    Phillips, who has been limited to just 20 games over the past three seasons due to injuries, was battling for a roster spot behind Anthony Walker and Sione Takitaki at inside linebacker....... continued.......