Skip to content

What does the Browns vs Commanders Stats tell us ?

The Browns Board
24 7 1.1k
  • oh this just might make The Ghoul snap. No starters to play thursday night

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    The exciting part of this is that the guys who are expected to carry this team are sitting on their nutsack and watching tiktok videos.

    No sense of urgency. No intensity. Wow...look at those third string fucktards fighting for a spot.

    Great observation...I said the same about myles missing OTAs...

    Was ridiculed by the local knob slobbers.

  • They (starters) got some practice time in with the Eagles.  Perhaps they'll get some time in the final game.  For now, it's evaluating who will survive as backups.  I think Watkins Jr. has been helping himself.  And then who is worthy of practice squad slots.

    The first of two joint practices between the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles is in the books on Monday. During the practice Browns Insider Mary Kay Cabot reported that Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, and Jack Conklin left practice early with injuries. Cabot also reported later that she spoke with Myles Garrett who said he was ok.

    “Silly stuff happens when you get old” Garrett to Mary Kay Cabot

    None of these injuries seem to be serious as all were left under their own power and walked into the facility with trainers. Though nothing is serious it isn’t something you want to see before the season even begins.

  • They (starters) got some practice time in with the Eagles.  Perhaps they'll get some time in the final game.  For now, it's evaluating who will survive as backups.  I think Watkins Jr. has been helping himself.  And then who is worthy of practice squad slots.

    The first of two joint practices between the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles is in the books on Monday. During the practice Browns Insider Mary Kay Cabot reported that Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, and Jack Conklin left practice early with injuries. Cabot also reported later that she spoke with Myles Garrett who said he was ok.

    “Silly stuff happens when you get old” Garrett to Mary Kay Cabot

    None of these injuries seem to be serious as all were left under their own power and walked into the facility with trainers. Though nothing is serious it isn’t something you want to see before the season even begins.

    @orion said:

    They (starters) got some practice time in with the Eagles.  Perhaps they'll get some time in the final game.  For now, it's evaluating who will survive as backups.  I think Watkins Jr. has been helping himself.  And then who is worthy of practice squad slots.

    The first of two joint practices between the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles is in the books on Monday. During the practice Browns Insider Mary Kay Cabot reported that Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, and Jack Conklin left practice early with injuries. Cabot also reported later that she spoke with Myles Garrett who said he was ok.

    “Silly stuff happens when you get old” Garrett to Mary Kay Cabot

    None of these injuries seem to be serious as all were left under their own power and walked into the facility with trainers. Though nothing is serious it isn’t something you want to see before the season even begins.

    These practices are a necessary evil.  When I say evil, teams aren't hitting nearly as much as they used to in training camps so they have to get used to contact before the opener.  These are perfect opportunities to do so.  My guess is the Browns were going to look for reasons to take oft-injured but important guys like Ward and Conklin out the very 1st excuse they found to do so.  I wouldn't say Garrett is oft-injured but all the double-teams he's had to take on the past few years means wear and tear. Not 1 of those 3 guys needs to prove they're a starter here - so we don't need them out there vrs Philly.

    I DO think we need to see if Wills can consistently play well on the blind side considering the investment made at QB.  If he can't, the offense is gonna need some tweaking so answers are needed there IMO.  Assigning a TE tp babysit his protection on the edge removes a potential numbers advantage downfield in our passing game.  I'm not saying he has to be Joe Thomas; but I would like to see a passion in him to play like a 1st round left tackle the Browns could really use. That's just 1 of a bunch of things our coaching staff probably wants to learn about this team...

  • This is what the main media markets, Don't want to discuss..

    On the defensive side, the presumptive starters played two and a half series, including the second series which concluded in a safety for the defense.

    In the two full series that the majority of defensive starters played, the Browns defense gave up only twenty yards on nine plays and drew two holding penalties. It was a dominant performance from a defense still missing its playmakers in Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, and Grant Delpit. This is an awfully encouraging start for Jim Schwartz as the DC in Cleveland

    keep sleeping on this defense ?

  • This is what the main media markets, Don't want to discuss..

    On the defensive side, the presumptive starters played two and a half series, including the second series which concluded in a safety for the defense.

    In the two full series that the majority of defensive starters played, the Browns defense gave up only twenty yards on nine plays and drew two holding penalties. It was a dominant performance from a defense still missing its playmakers in Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, and Grant Delpit. This is an awfully encouraging start for Jim Schwartz as the DC in Cleveland

    keep sleeping on this defense ?

    @gumby73 said:

    This is what the main media markets, Don't want to discuss..

    On the defensive side, the presumptive starters played two and a half series, including the second series which concluded in a safety for the defense.

    In the two full series that the majority of defensive starters played, the Browns defense gave up only twenty yards on nine plays and drew two holding penalties. It was a dominant performance from a defense still missing its playmakers in Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, and Grant Delpit. This is an awfully encouraging start for Jim Schwartz as the DC in Cleveland

    keep sleeping on this defense ?

    "I tell ya the closer we get to August 31, the closer we are to winning the SB"-Capt. Obvious?‍✈️

  • @gumby73 said:

    This is what the main media markets, Don't want to discuss..

    On the defensive side, the presumptive starters played two and a half series, including the second series which concluded in a safety for the defense.

    In the two full series that the majority of defensive starters played, the Browns defense gave up only twenty yards on nine plays and drew two holding penalties. It was a dominant performance from a defense still missing its playmakers in Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, and Grant Delpit. This is an awfully encouraging start for Jim Schwartz as the DC in Cleveland

    keep sleeping on this defense ?

    "I tell ya the closer we get to August 31, the closer we are to winning the SB"-Capt. Obvious?‍✈️

    @texasag1969 said:

    "I tell ya the closer we get to August 31, the closer we are to winning the SB"-Capt. Obvious?‍✈️

    Captain Obvious ?

    It's nice to see good stuff happening with our 1st D...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    "I tell ya the closer we get to August 31, the closer we are to winning the SB"-Capt. Obvious?‍✈️

    Captain Obvious ?

    It's nice to see good stuff happening with our 1st D...

    @flugel said:

    It's nice to see good stuff happening with our 1st D...

    I knew this defense was not directed by Joe Wood's anymore, when Jim Schwartz went to screaming on his headset to the booth upstairs when passes went to open Commanders after the 1's were pulled..  It's what ya want to see.  I'd luv to be a fly on the wall on Schwartz tape review day with the defensive players.

    It was great to see sideline passion again from Jim Schwartz     

  • @flugel said:

    It's nice to see good stuff happening with our 1st D...

    I knew this defense was not directed by Joe Wood's anymore, when Jim Schwartz went to screaming on his headset to the booth upstairs when passes went to open Commanders after the 1's were pulled..  It's what ya want to see.  I'd luv to be a fly on the wall on Schwartz tape review day with the defensive players.

    It was great to see sideline passion again from Jim Schwartz     

    @gumby73 said:

    I knew this defense was not directed by Joe Wood's anymore, when Jim Schwartz went to screaming on his headset to the booth upstairs when passes went to open Commanders after the 1's were pulled..  It's what ya want to see.  I'd luv to be a fly on the wall on Schwartz tape review day with the defensive players.

    It was great to see sideline passion again from Jim Schwartz     

    I'm just as happy with Schwartz for being the reason there was an urgency to upgrade the talent on the IDL and on the edge THIS offseason.  That was just as big of a part in what we're seeing out there. This team was 11-5 when it had talent like Richardson at DT regardless of what Woods did or didn't do.  They forced 6 turnovers in the only playoff game (2020) this franchise has won since the last time it went 11-5 in 1994.  You're not gonna win many chess matches attacking with pawns while Garrett is getting doubled and chipped.  Check out the difference in what they've paid for the upgrades in the front 7 this off-season.  We all knew we were in trouble and where we were in trouble after last off-season. 

    All of that on top of how much better and experienced Schwartz is as a DC is exactly what this fan base deserves.  The reason I don't like just hearing it was all ONLY Woods' fault (no matter how much of that was true) is because even BB and Nick Saban as his DC needed talent overhauled before their strategies and schemes worked.  Jim Schwartz was here back then btw. You still can't ask great coaches to be miracle workers; and I'm sure an experienced guy like Schwartz probably brought that up in his interview prior to coming here.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    How TF does ShitMyPantski justify not playing the guy?

    guess we will see september 10th

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Come on over, I will have wings, Cuban cigars and Zacapa XO rum. No matter the clusterfuck, we show up, don't we?

    Can you imagine if your doctor gave you a surprise visit that day? It would probably go something like this:

    "WTF is wrong with you?  I have you on half of CVS for a reason!  So? You're eating wings, smoking cigars, and drinking depressants watching the depressants. What could go wrong?  I prescribed ecstasy for some other knucklehead in your fanbase; and he had a 3 hour seizure watching the Browns thinking your QB was Reese Witherspoon.  Needless to say, he also took viagra before opening kickoff to see how long he could keep a stinger.  Anyway, the real reason I stopped over is because I brought you an AED Defibrillator.  I'll show your wife how to use it on you so she can electrocute you every Sunday.  Last but not least, I also wanted some chicken wings today..."

    FWIW, I never lost my stinger.  We're not the brightest apples in the orchard...

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Watson is so highly paid, and as yet has delivered nothing. How TF does ShitMyPantski justify not playing the guy?

    For the same reason no other starting QB's play in preseason.  Risk of injury to the most important person in the organization.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Come on over, I will have wings, Cuban cigars and Zacapa XO rum. No matter the clusterfuck, we show up, don't we?

    Hell yes we do

    GO BROWNS

  • Man two nice grabs in a row.  High pointing that one 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    If my Doctor paid me a surprise visit, he would likely find me fucking his wife, or someone he knows.

    Okay, I think I can work with this.  National Lampoon hasn't had a good story in quite some time.  We can start with "Altar Boy Gone Wild."  The sequels could be "Ghoolie Breaks All 10 Commandments Watching Monday Night Football" + "Ghoolietrius and the Glad-he-ate-hers..."