Skip to content

What can we glean from the Browns vs Eagles stats ?

The Browns Board
27 11 1.2k 1
  • sydS syd

    I don't know Vette .  but what surprises me ? not seeing Dobb's out there

    @syd said:

    I don't know Vette .  but what surprises me ? not seeing Dobb's out there

    I'm sure he's "safe" as he knows the offense. 

    I hope Watson plays at least a half vs KC

  • @syd said:

    I don't know Vette .  but what surprises me ? not seeing Dobb's out there

    I'm sure he's "safe" as he knows the offense. 

    I hope Watson plays at least a half vs KC

    @bob806 said:

    I hope Watson plays at least a half vs KC

    This was on Dawgs By Nature:   Most starters will play 20-25 snaps against the Chiefs in the preseason finale.

  • @bob806 said:

    I hope Watson plays at least a half vs KC

    This was on Dawgs By Nature:   Most starters will play 20-25 snaps against the Chiefs in the preseason finale.

    @orion said:

    This was on Dawgs By Nature:   Most starters will play 20-25 snaps against the Chiefs in the preseason finale.

    Thanks. We've been travelling so I haven't heard much about our Browns. Can't wait for the season to start

  • The Ravens lost last night's preseason game. 

    It was their first preseason loss since 2015.

    How does this happen? You don't accidentally do this, for some reason winning preseason games is important to Harbaugh. It's not a bad thing I suppose, but it still is preseason. 

  • The Ravens lost last night's preseason game. 

    It was their first preseason loss since 2015.

    How does this happen? You don't accidentally do this, for some reason winning preseason games is important to Harbaugh. It's not a bad thing I suppose, but it still is preseason. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Ravens lost last night's preseason game. 

    It was their first preseason loss since 2015.

    How does this happen? You don't accidentally do this, for some reason winning preseason games is important to Harbaugh. It's not a bad thing I suppose, but it still is preseason. 

    Pointless stat but remarkable nonetheless.  It is harder than ever to go undefeated that long mainly because of parity in the league and subjective calls from officials.  Hard to imagine at any point during this they wouldn’t get hosed during this 24 game win streak…and I might expect a streak (but not like this) from a juggernaut team with tons of depth that is just that much better than the rest of the league.  This isn’t a team with multiple SB titles (or even one) in that time span.  You can say maybe they prepare to win every game- some teams don’t even set a gameplan for a specific opponent in a preseason game…it is more of let’s just see what we got approach
     

    I can’t stand the Ravens but this is a unique record. 

  • @syd said:

    I don't know Vette .  but what surprises me ? not seeing Dobb's out there

    I'm sure he's "safe" as he knows the offense. 

    I hope Watson plays at least a half vs KC

    @bob806 said:

    I'm sure he's "safe" as he knows the offense. 

    I hope Watson plays at least a half vs KC

    Watson NEEDS to play at least a half. I don’t know why the browns are acting like he doesn’t need the snaps. He barely played last season and he looked rough. He’s looked rough this off season too and that isn’t me being a Steelers homer. The hopium has people believing he’s Houston Watson. (Hope all is well with the browns board otherwise) 

  • @bob806 said:

    I'm sure he's "safe" as he knows the offense. 

    I hope Watson plays at least a half vs KC

    Watson NEEDS to play at least a half. I don’t know why the browns are acting like he doesn’t need the snaps. He barely played last season and he looked rough. He’s looked rough this off season too and that isn’t me being a Steelers homer. The hopium has people believing he’s Houston Watson. (Hope all is well with the browns board otherwise) 

    @vagitron said:

    Watson NEEDS to play at least a half. I don’t know why the browns are acting like he doesn’t need the snaps. He barely played last season and he looked rough. He’s looked rough this off season too and that isn’t me being a Steelers homer. The hopium has people believing he’s Houston Watson. (Hope all is well with the browns board otherwise) 

    While I won't disagree he needs snaps, where did you hear he looked rough this off season?

    While I just got home from a trip, and my Browns news isn't as thorough as normal, I haven't read or heard he's struggling.

  • @vagitron said:

    Watson NEEDS to play at least a half. I don’t know why the browns are acting like he doesn’t need the snaps. He barely played last season and he looked rough. He’s looked rough this off season too and that isn’t me being a Steelers homer. The hopium has people believing he’s Houston Watson. (Hope all is well with the browns board otherwise) 

    While I won't disagree he needs snaps, where did you hear he looked rough this off season?

    While I just got home from a trip, and my Browns news isn't as thorough as normal, I haven't read or heard he's struggling.

    @bob806 said:

    While I won't disagree he needs snaps, where did you hear he looked rough this off season?

    While I just got home from a trip, and my Browns news isn't as thorough as normal, I haven't read or heard he's struggling.

    The one dude that writes for the athletic that covers the browns, I can’t remember his name off the top of my head and just based on extended clips I’ve seen. He looks inaccurate and isn’t reading the field like he should. The guy from the athletic tho was pretty critical. 

  • @bob806 said:

    I'm sure he's "safe" as he knows the offense. 

    I hope Watson plays at least a half vs KC

    Watson NEEDS to play at least a half. I don’t know why the browns are acting like he doesn’t need the snaps. He barely played last season and he looked rough. He’s looked rough this off season too and that isn’t me being a Steelers homer. The hopium has people believing he’s Houston Watson. (Hope all is well with the browns board otherwise) 

    @vagitron said:

    Watson NEEDS to play at least a half. I don’t know why the browns are acting like he doesn’t need the snaps. He barely played last season and he looked rough. He’s looked rough this off season too and that isn’t me being a Steelers homer. The hopium has people believing he’s Houston Watson. (Hope all is well with the browns board otherwise) 

    Like I kept saying.. Tee Shirts , Shorts and perfect climate doesn't mean jackola... I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.. one drive is nary a sample size... Good luck this year...

  • @bob806 said:

    While I won't disagree he needs snaps, where did you hear he looked rough this off season?

    While I just got home from a trip, and my Browns news isn't as thorough as normal, I haven't read or heard he's struggling.

    The one dude that writes for the athletic that covers the browns, I can’t remember his name off the top of my head and just based on extended clips I’ve seen. He looks inaccurate and isn’t reading the field like he should. The guy from the athletic tho was pretty critical. 

    @vagitron said:

    The one dude that writes for the athletic that covers the browns

    Zac Jackson

    Dude isn't very good at what he does.  

  • @vagitron said:

    The one dude that writes for the athletic that covers the browns

    Zac Jackson

    Dude isn't very good at what he does.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Zac Jackson

    Dude isn't very good at what he does.  

    On that we agree.... He's just a paid by the club shill...

  • @vagitron said:

    The one dude that writes for the athletic that covers the browns

    Zac Jackson

    Dude isn't very good at what he does.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Zac Jackson

    Dude isn't very good at what he does.  

    I agree, he ain’t great but I think a lot of what he said is warranted. If watson were the qb of the Steelers I’d be incredibly weary. He accounts for a shit load of money and there are no guarantees he will be anything close to what he was in Houston. The clips I’ve seen aren’t the greatest, a few were dak Prescott level picks and dak loves the head scratcher ints. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Watson NEEDS to play at least a half. I don’t know why the browns are acting like he doesn’t need the snaps. He barely played last season and he looked rough. He’s looked rough this off season too and that isn’t me being a Steelers homer. The hopium has people believing he’s Houston Watson. (Hope all is well with the browns board otherwise) 

    Like I kept saying.. Tee Shirts , Shorts and perfect climate doesn't mean jackola... I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.. one drive is nary a sample size... Good luck this year...

    @nickers said:

    Like I kept saying.. Tee Shirts , Shorts and perfect climate doesn't mean jackola... I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.. one drive is nary a sample size... Good luck this year...

    Yep, only one way to find out. Good luck to you guys too. 

  • Well, aside from not turning the ball over, we wouldn't be overly impressed by these numbers in the regular season.  But, it's preseason QB's battling for the backup job.  And it's interesting that the rookie late round draft pick is keeping right up with the guy who's been around for a few years.

    ...................................................C / ATT  YDS  AVG  TD  INT   SACKS   RTG.

    Dorian Thompson-Robinson   13/25     164    6.6     0    0       1-1        72.8

    Kellen Mond.......................... .  12/24     126    5.3     1     0      0-0        79.5

    Toting the rock winner again is Felton.  Kelly fumbled this time.  The other two didn't look bad out there, except Hall dropped a couple of passes

                                        CAR    YDS    AVG    TD    LONG

    Demetric Felton Jr.       7        36       5.1       0      12        

    John Kelly Jr.                8        20       2.5       0       6

    Jordan Wilkins              3        18        6         0       7

    Hassan Hall                  8         16        2         0      13

    The Watkins boy lead the way...again.  I've been pulling for him since we signed him.  But I'm hoping that he went to sleep pissed that he left production on the table.  14 targets with a couple of drops.  Still though, unless he falls completely apart in the final game, I can't see how he doesn't make the team.  Tillman made a nice one handed grab.  And Schwartz actually had 4 passes attach themselves to him.  10 targets however.

                                      REC   YDS   AVG   TD   LONG   TGTS

    Austin Watkins Jr.     7        138    19.9    1        32       14

    Cedric Tillman           2          50    25      0        36        3

    Anthony Schwartz    4          33    8.3     0         13      10

    Mike Harley Jr.           2          16       8     0           8       4

    David Bell                   1            7        7     0           7       2

    York, whom I had supported......well, even most of his successful FG's look bad.   

    @orion said:

    Well, aside from not turning the ball over, we wouldn't be overly impressed by these numbers in the regular season.  But, it's preseason QB's battling for the backup job.  And it's interesting that the rookie late round draft pick is keeping right up with the guy who's been around for a few years.

    ...................................................C / ATT  YDS  AVG  TD  INT   SACKS   RTG.

    Dorian Thompson-Robinson   13/25     164    6.6     0    0       1-1        72.8

    Kellen Mond.......................... .  12/24     126    5.3     1     0      0-0        79.5

    Toting the rock winner again is Felton.  Kelly fumbled this time.  The other two didn't look bad out there, except Hall dropped a couple of passes

                                        CAR    YDS    AVG    TD    LONG

    Demetric Felton Jr.       7        36       5.1       0      12        

    John Kelly Jr.                8        20       2.5       0       6

    Jordan Wilkins              3        18        6         0       7

    Hassan Hall                  8         16        2         0      13

    The Watkins boy lead the way...again.  I've been pulling for him since we signed him.  But I'm hoping that he went to sleep pissed that he left production on the table.  14 targets with a couple of drops.  Still though, unless he falls completely apart in the final game, I can't see how he doesn't make the team.  Tillman made a nice one handed grab.  And Schwartz actually had 4 passes attach themselves to him.  10 targets however.

                                      REC   YDS   AVG   TD   LONG   TGTS

    Austin Watkins Jr.     7        138    19.9    1        32       14

    Cedric Tillman           2          50    25      0        36        3

    Anthony Schwartz    4          33    8.3     0         13      10

    Mike Harley Jr.           2          16       8     0           8       4

    David Bell                   1            7        7     0           7       2

    York, whom I had supported......well, even most of his successful FG's look bad.   

    I also think Watkins sticks.  I have a feeling that Cooper will be a cap cut next year, so we need somebody to fill the role.  Watkins and Tillman seems to have a pretty good shot of doing that.

  • @orion said:

    Well, aside from not turning the ball over, we wouldn't be overly impressed by these numbers in the regular season.  But, it's preseason QB's battling for the backup job.  And it's interesting that the rookie late round draft pick is keeping right up with the guy who's been around for a few years.

    ...................................................C / ATT  YDS  AVG  TD  INT   SACKS   RTG.

    Dorian Thompson-Robinson   13/25     164    6.6     0    0       1-1        72.8

    Kellen Mond.......................... .  12/24     126    5.3     1     0      0-0        79.5

    Toting the rock winner again is Felton.  Kelly fumbled this time.  The other two didn't look bad out there, except Hall dropped a couple of passes

                                        CAR    YDS    AVG    TD    LONG

    Demetric Felton Jr.       7        36       5.1       0      12        

    John Kelly Jr.                8        20       2.5       0       6

    Jordan Wilkins              3        18        6         0       7

    Hassan Hall                  8         16        2         0      13

    The Watkins boy lead the way...again.  I've been pulling for him since we signed him.  But I'm hoping that he went to sleep pissed that he left production on the table.  14 targets with a couple of drops.  Still though, unless he falls completely apart in the final game, I can't see how he doesn't make the team.  Tillman made a nice one handed grab.  And Schwartz actually had 4 passes attach themselves to him.  10 targets however.

                                      REC   YDS   AVG   TD   LONG   TGTS

    Austin Watkins Jr.     7        138    19.9    1        32       14

    Cedric Tillman           2          50    25      0        36        3

    Anthony Schwartz    4          33    8.3     0         13      10

    Mike Harley Jr.           2          16       8     0           8       4

    David Bell                   1            7        7     0           7       2

    York, whom I had supported......well, even most of his successful FG's look bad.   

    I also think Watkins sticks.  I have a feeling that Cooper will be a cap cut next year, so we need somebody to fill the role.  Watkins and Tillman seems to have a pretty good shot of doing that.

    @ballpeen said:

    I also think Watkins sticks.  I have a feeling that Cooper will be a cap cut next year, so we need somebody to fill the role.  Watkins and Tillman seems to have a pretty good shot of doing that.

    Watkins and Tillman would need to make a quantum leap this season to be considered a Cooper replacement. 

  • @orion said:

    Well, aside from not turning the ball over, we wouldn't be overly impressed by these numbers in the regular season.  But, it's preseason QB's battling for the backup job.  And it's interesting that the rookie late round draft pick is keeping right up with the guy who's been around for a few years.

    ...................................................C / ATT  YDS  AVG  TD  INT   SACKS   RTG.

    Dorian Thompson-Robinson   13/25     164    6.6     0    0       1-1        72.8

    Kellen Mond.......................... .  12/24     126    5.3     1     0      0-0        79.5

    Toting the rock winner again is Felton.  Kelly fumbled this time.  The other two didn't look bad out there, except Hall dropped a couple of passes

                                        CAR    YDS    AVG    TD    LONG

    Demetric Felton Jr.       7        36       5.1       0      12        

    John Kelly Jr.                8        20       2.5       0       6

    Jordan Wilkins              3        18        6         0       7

    Hassan Hall                  8         16        2         0      13

    The Watkins boy lead the way...again.  I've been pulling for him since we signed him.  But I'm hoping that he went to sleep pissed that he left production on the table.  14 targets with a couple of drops.  Still though, unless he falls completely apart in the final game, I can't see how he doesn't make the team.  Tillman made a nice one handed grab.  And Schwartz actually had 4 passes attach themselves to him.  10 targets however.

                                      REC   YDS   AVG   TD   LONG   TGTS

    Austin Watkins Jr.     7        138    19.9    1        32       14

    Cedric Tillman           2          50    25      0        36        3

    Anthony Schwartz    4          33    8.3     0         13      10

    Mike Harley Jr.           2          16       8     0           8       4

    David Bell                   1            7        7     0           7       2

    York, whom I had supported......well, even most of his successful FG's look bad.   

    I also think Watkins sticks.  I have a feeling that Cooper will be a cap cut next year, so we need somebody to fill the role.  Watkins and Tillman seems to have a pretty good shot of doing that.

    @ballpeen said:

    I also think Watkins sticks.

    I read a report from a Browns reporter who was at practice recently and he was thinking that Watkins has an uphill road to make the team...still...at this point.  I don't know why he reported that.  Of course, I'm not at practice...but I don't think he's been to too many.  

    ...and I saw another report today that says they'd probably have to keep 7 receivers in order for him to make the team...and that he's doesn't run really fast...and doesn't jump really high....and that he plays in the 4th quarter against guys who won't be in the league.

    All I know is that he's been catching a lot of passes....early in the game...in the middle of the game...at the end...whenever he's in.  And the QB's target him.  Schwartz has been out there a ton in the 3 games and only has 5 catches for 40 yards whereas Watkins has 15 for 245.

    They brought the kid in near the end of July.  Handed him a playbook and stuck him in the games...and all he's done is produced.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I also think Watkins sticks.  I have a feeling that Cooper will be a cap cut next year, so we need somebody to fill the role.  Watkins and Tillman seems to have a pretty good shot of doing that.

    Watkins and Tillman would need to make a quantum leap this season to be considered a Cooper replacement. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Watkins and Tillman would need to make a quantum leap this season to be considered a Cooper replacement. 

    Fair enough.  At least on reputation.  I am not sure that one of them can't come close to the production if given the targets.  No doubt they have to get open to get targets.  Either way, I still think there is a good chance that Coop could be a cap cut.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I also think Watkins sticks.

    I read a report from a Browns reporter who was at practice recently and he was thinking that Watkins has an uphill road to make the team...still...at this point.  I don't know why he reported that.  Of course, I'm not at practice...but I don't think he's been to too many.  

    ...and I saw another report today that says they'd probably have to keep 7 receivers in order for him to make the team...and that he's doesn't run really fast...and doesn't jump really high....and that he plays in the 4th quarter against guys who won't be in the league.

    All I know is that he's been catching a lot of passes....early in the game...in the middle of the game...at the end...whenever he's in.  And the QB's target him.  Schwartz has been out there a ton in the 3 games and only has 5 catches for 40 yards whereas Watkins has 15 for 245.

    They brought the kid in near the end of July.  Handed him a playbook and stuck him in the games...and all he's done is produced.

    @orion said:

    They brought the kid in near the end of July.  Handed him a playbook and stuck him in the games...and all he's done is produced.

    In my book, that is how a kid makes a team.....but, the NFL is kind of weird at times.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Watkins and Tillman would need to make a quantum leap this season to be considered a Cooper replacement. 

    Fair enough.  At least on reputation.  I am not sure that one of them can't come close to the production if given the targets.  No doubt they have to get open to get targets.  Either way, I still think there is a good chance that Coop could be a cap cut.

    @ballpeen said:

    Fair enough.  At least on reputation.  I am not sure that one of them can't come close to the production if given the targets.  No doubt they have to get open to get targets.  Either way, I still think there is a good chance that Coop could be a cap cut.

    Probably going to be a Coop or Chubb one or other scenario.

    And I don’t see DPJ in the fold especially if he plays well.

    likely to see a one year name type vet in his 30s and another draftee in the fold at WR in 2024.

    Tillman needs to be a dude quickly 

  • Guess who's BACK?! 

    IMO, the biggest thing to take is we belong. You heard it from everyone, our team didn't look like a little brother and we have the physicality to hang with the best. That's HUGE in my eyes, now we just need to do it. 

    Season comes down to Watson, injuries, and winning one score games. God help Cade York cuz we gonna need him.