Browns have 35 mill in cap space!!!
-
-
Pay Chubb
I have two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubb.
I'd love to see him end his career in Cleveland, but you can't pay everyone.
The Browns can't hide from the salary cap monster forever.
I can't help but think that these moves now are just Berry's version of shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic regarding the Browns cap.
-
-
Pay Chubb
I have two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubb.
I'd love to see him end his career in Cleveland, but you can't pay everyone.
The Browns can't hide from the salary cap monster forever.
I can't help but think that these moves now are just Berry's version of shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic regarding the Browns cap.
The Browns can't hide from the salary cap monster forever.
Wouldn't cal it hiding, rather managing it in the best way possible. The cap is only applicable to the current season, so spreading out salaries to future years is the way to go. Especially since the cap has a habit of increasing.
And, on a less positive note: if the Watson gamble doesn't pay off and Garret, Chubb and Ward are past their prime, a re-build is inevitable. You could simply do the opposite cap strategy: gut the team for picks, and bring salaries forward. Effectively pressing the reset button, and starting a new cycle.
-
The Browns can't hide from the salary cap monster forever.
Wouldn't cal it hiding, rather managing it in the best way possible. The cap is only applicable to the current season, so spreading out salaries to future years is the way to go. Especially since the cap has a habit of increasing.
And, on a less positive note: if the Watson gamble doesn't pay off and Garret, Chubb and Ward are past their prime, a re-build is inevitable. You could simply do the opposite cap strategy: gut the team for picks, and bring salaries forward. Effectively pressing the reset button, and starting a new cycle.
Wouldn't cal it hiding, rather managing it in the best way possible. The cap is only applicable to the current season, so spreading out salaries to future years is the way to go. Especially since the cap has a habit of increasing.
And, on a less positive note: if the Watson gamble doesn't pay off and Garret, Chubb and Ward are past their prime, a re-build is inevitable. You could simply do the opposite cap strategy: gut the team for picks, and bring salaries forward. Effectively pressing the reset button, and starting a new cycle.
I won't even pretend that I understand how the cap works or how it can be manipulated, but you have to think that having so many players with big contracts is someday going to cause the team to have to let good, young players leave when they hit free agency, like Pittsburgh has had to do when they were paying Roethlisberger big money for so many years. Is this savvy cap management by Berry or is this "Hey, if we don't win now we won't have jobs so who cares about the cap in a couple of years?" situation?
-
Restructured Myles.
So...who we goin after???
I think the Browns are projected to be around 45 mil over the cap next season. I think the moves are putting us in position to deal with that next year. We can roll the money over to next year. With any increase in the cap next year, it won't be hard to trim say 5-7 mil from the roster, if that much. Cooper and or DPJ could be a causality.
I wouldn't expect to see any big signings at this point.
-
Restructured Myles.
So...who we goin after???
I think the Browns are projected to be around 45 mil over the cap next season. I think the moves are putting us in position to deal with that next year. We can roll the money over to next year. With any increase in the cap next year, it won't be hard to trim say 5-7 mil from the roster, if that much. Cooper and or DPJ could be a causality.
I wouldn't expect to see any big signings at this point.
-
-
Restructured Myles.
So...who we goin after???
I think the Browns are projected to be around 45 mil over the cap next season. I think the moves are putting us in position to deal with that next year. We can roll the money over to next year. With any increase in the cap next year, it won't be hard to trim say 5-7 mil from the roster, if that much. Cooper and or DPJ could be a causality.
I wouldn't expect to see any big signings at this point.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
