Cade York is out.
-
That was the 1st stud on my list.. Berry would go way over his guardrails to sign a 40 year old kicker w/FA $$ (Dorsey & Berry passed on Gould previously. (Define 'all in')
Veteran kicker Robbie Gould said today that, as much as he enjoyed his last six seasons in San Francisco, he will test free agency later this month and be kicking elsewhere in 2023.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 4, 2023
GM Lynch drafting Michigan's K Moody looks serious..
https://ninernoise.com/posts/former-49ers-kicker-robbie-gould-confusing
The cost of winning isn't cheap. For example, how many close games have the Rats sucked out because their kicker made every kick (quite often including some over 50 yards)?
-
-
There are a lot of people associated with the Browns whose jobs are on the line.
I can't imagine they will allow Cade York to determine their collective fates.
-
Sometimes all you can do is smile and laugh.
-
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
-
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
Mason Crosby is ranked #21 GNB on the kicker list (page 4 here) if he is available. YORK is #22.
-
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
Mason Crosby is ranked #21 GNB on the kicker list (page 4 here) if he is available. YORK is #22.
-
He’s got to go.
-
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
Mason Crosby is ranked #21 GNB on the kicker list (page 4 here) if he is available. YORK is #22.
-
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
Literally every kick the guy hits has some weird ass movement on it. Even the ones that go in knuckle ball around. This dude will cost the team games if they don’t get their head out of their ass.
-
There are a lot of people associated with the Browns whose jobs are on the line.
I can't imagine they will allow Cade York to determine their collective fates.
There are a lot of people associated with the Browns whose jobs are on the line.
I can't imagine they will allow Cade York to determine their collective fates.
If anyone gets cut or fired, I heard Miss Daisey needs a new driver...
-
There are a lot of people associated with the Browns whose jobs are on the line.
I can't imagine they will allow Cade York to determine their collective fates.
If anyone gets cut or fired, I heard Miss Daisey needs a new driver...
-
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
Literally every kick the guy hits has some weird ass movement on it. Even the ones that go in knuckle ball around. This dude will cost the team games if they don’t get their head out of their ass.
Literally every kick the guy hits has some weird ass movement on it. Even the ones that go in knuckle ball around. This dude will cost the team games if they don’t get their head out of their ass.
Yeah we all see that and I’m certainly not a kicking expert and I don’t understand the mechanics but is he not hitting the ball squarely? if his foot is meeting the ball off center and going off either side would that invoke the kind of movement we are seeing?
Pro golfers have a swing coach. Whether things are going good or bad they are constantly breaking down the swing. Can that be Ventrone?
Everyone is saying it is mental but the movement on the ball it appears to be mechanics.
-
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
The York experiment is done. Go find Mason Crosby and sign him up. Never was a choker and he's only 38 years old.
I thought Mason went through his own “yips” a few years ago and the Packers stood by him.
-
I can't believe we are going into the season with York still on the roster. The season starts off brutal and with the way this team is built I could see a lot of these games coming down to field goals. It's even more unbelievable considering how many games his missed kicks have cost us already.
-
I was just a kid, but from what I remember, Dawson took a couple years before he became the Phil we all knew and loved.
-
-
Bring this guy back and he could be a better kicker even though he's been gone since Dec.
Pelé -
I was just a kid, but from what I remember, Dawson took a couple years before he became the Phil we all knew and loved.
I was just a kid, but from what I remember, Dawson took a couple years before he became the Phil we all knew and loved.
As I mentioned, it isn't just the fact he's missing to me. I re-watched each of his kicks from last night and they just look bad, even if they go in. Unless there's some masterful art of kicking I'm not privy to, every single ball he kicks is hit low and knuckles around in the air. Literally every single kick last night had movement once it was in the air.
I understand sometimes that's intentional based on conditions, but everything he's doing looks off. On top of that, dude looked like he was about to shit his pants on the last two misses. The yips are a real ass thing and that man has 'em.
-
I was just a kid, but from what I remember, Dawson took a couple years before he became the Phil we all knew and loved.
As I mentioned, it isn't just the fact he's missing to me. I re-watched each of his kicks from last night and they just look bad, even if they go in. Unless there's some masterful art of kicking I'm not privy to, every single ball he kicks is hit low and knuckles around in the air. Literally every single kick last night had movement once it was in the air.
I understand sometimes that's intentional based on conditions, but everything he's doing looks off. On top of that, dude looked like he was about to shit his pants on the last two misses. The yips are a real ass thing and that man has 'em.
off. On top of that, dude looked like he was about to shit his pants on the last two misses. The yips are a real ass thing and that man has 'em.
Saw that. His first make, he was as wide-eyed and sweaty as you'll see someone. But when you're a young guy trying to make it in the league and it boils down to a 'made' or 'not made' situation to keep your job, I suppose we can all understand that a bit. He looked a fair bit more relaxed on his 2nd attempt, which was also good.
It's a mental glass ceiling, and I think we all believe he can get there. The questions are, 'how?', 'how long?' and 'will it cost us games until he does?'.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
