Sanchez is Good
-
He played the Texans! I repeat, the Texans.

-
Sanchez faces New England and Tennessee the next two weeks.
Good luck to him.
-
@inspecta said:
Dude you could put a bunch of 10 year olds in front of Peterson and he'll still get a hundred yards and a few TD's.The kid is a stud, we missed one big time. I don't care how good Joe Thomas is, he doesn't score TD's....
Agreed. I'll take a journeyman line and stud skill players any day. I'm fine taking an elite LT like Thomas, but when we paid top dollar for Steinbach (and kind of Hadnot) and turned a top 5 pick into Mack....we better have some talent behind this line. Unfortunately right now it looks like we're going to need a new #1 WR, #1 RB, and maybe even a new QB. The game's won in the trenches....but someone (preferably besides Cribbs and McDonald) has to score.
-
Very nice debut for Mark Sanchez. Got to watch a lot of it and he looks like a veteran. Really sees the whole field, uses all the receivers.
Besides having great days, he and Peterson have another thing in common: They could've been Browns.
Besides having great days, he and Peterson have another thing in common: They could've been Browns.
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
-
Thought this was interesting:
Former Cleveland Browns staffer says Browns erred in not drafting Adrian Peterson
Mary Kay Cabot said:
What happened he said, is that the personnel department and coaching staff were too fragmented to reach a consensus and said it was the coaching staff that nixed Peterson after he visited."There was definitely some debate and there was a faction in the organization that wanted to draft Peterson,'' he said. "Phil (former Browns general manager Phil Savage) wanted to try to get quarterback JaMarcus Russell and there was a faction that wanted to draft Brady Quinn with the third pick. In the end, because we were so fragmented, I think Phil went with the safe pick, which was Joe Thomas.''
He said in addition to the coaches' nixing Peterson, there were concerns about his durability. The NFL's rushing leader last season with 1,760 yards, Peterson broke his collarbone diving into the end zone while at Oklahoma and missed the last six games of his junior season, after which he came out in the draft. He also suffered knee and ankle injuries in college.
-
@inspecta said:
Yeah Peterson will be, in my mind, the one that got away. No matter how good Thomas is he'll never be the game changer that Peterson is. Sorry that's just a fact. We draft Peterson and in 07 we are in the playoffs, and last year we would of been way closer to .500.You won't be thinking that when petersons career is over after 4-5 years.
-
Man, can you guys imagine if we had ended up with JaMarcus? It's going to take years to undo the 'coaching' that RAC brought to this team, and the damage that Savage did as it is.
As bad as the Raiders are, I have to think Russell has a better chance of success to develop with them, than under the tutelage of RAC and Scherer.
-
@shepwrite said:
Texans were favored.For what reason I don't know.
That TD pass Sanchez made was to a wide open dude with nobody around him for miles. I could have made that throw with my cock tucked into my ass.
-
Man, can you guys imagine if we had ended up with JaMarcus? It's going to take years to undo the 'coaching' that RAC brought to this team, and the damage that Savage did as it is.
As bad as the Raiders are, I have to think Russell has a better chance of success to develop with them, than under the tutelage of RAC and Scherer.
Man, can you guys imagine if we had ended up with JaMarcus? It's going to take years to undo the 'coaching' that RAC brought to this team, and the damage that Savage did as it is.
Not really. Look at the Dolphins and Falcons last year. Complete disarray. Bring in new coaches, new systems, new QBs (one of them a rookie), and things get turned around quickly.
It's all about getting the right guys in place. One would hope that Mangini is the right HC, and if Quinn is going to be the man he'll get things turned around quickly. I think--as I've said before--that Ryan is the wrong guy to bring in at DC.
Dennis
-
@shepwrite said:
Texans were favored.For what reason I don't know.
That TD pass Sanchez made was to a wide open dude with nobody around him for miles. I could have made that throw with my cock tucked into my ass.
-
Man, can you guys imagine if we had ended up with JaMarcus? It's going to take years to undo the 'coaching' that RAC brought to this team, and the damage that Savage did as it is.
Not really. Look at the Dolphins and Falcons last year. Complete disarray. Bring in new coaches, new systems, new QBs (one of them a rookie), and things get turned around quickly.
It's all about getting the right guys in place. One would hope that Mangini is the right HC, and if Quinn is going to be the man he'll get things turned around quickly. I think--as I've said before--that Ryan is the wrong guy to bring in at DC.
Dennis
Not really. Look at the Dolphins and Falcons last year. Complete disarray. Bring in new coaches, new systems, new QBs (one of them a rookie), and things get turned around quickly.
It's all about getting the right guys in place. One would hope that Mangini is the right HC, and if Quinn is going to be the man he'll get things turned around quickly. I think--as I've said before--that Ryan is the wrong guy to bring in at DC.
Dennis
Dennis, I don't know. I've never seen a team that performed as poorly as the Browns did last year and in 2006, even though there have been plenty of teams that were worse than 4-12.
On the field, what I saw was just ridiculous.
It's going to take more than one season to turn this around. Just from a talent standpoint, we're thin, or at least suffering the results of poor coaching.
-
Man, can you guys imagine if we had ended up with JaMarcus? It's going to take years to undo the 'coaching' that RAC brought to this team, and the damage that Savage did as it is.
Not really. Look at the Dolphins and Falcons last year. Complete disarray. Bring in new coaches, new systems, new QBs (one of them a rookie), and things get turned around quickly.
It's all about getting the right guys in place. One would hope that Mangini is the right HC, and if Quinn is going to be the man he'll get things turned around quickly. I think--as I've said before--that Ryan is the wrong guy to bring in at DC.
Dennis
Not really. Look at the Dolphins and Falcons last year. Complete disarray. Bring in new coaches, new systems, new QBs (one of them a rookie), and things get turned around quickly.
It's all about getting the right guys in place. One would hope that Mangini is the right HC, and if Quinn is going to be the man he'll get things turned around quickly. I think--as I've said before--that Ryan is the wrong guy to bring in at DC.
Dennis
I thought the defense was the one thing that looked encouraging ryan is the only coach i dont give an F to on this day..dabolls setup does not look interesting or encouraging its almost an insult to dump that puke back into the fans lap we have seen this enough to know it doesnt work and i get a sick feeling in the gut and a trip through rac memory lane about it... i dont like it but the fact is we need about 4-6 new faces on the offense before anything can change starting with edwards and the guard and tackle positions on the right side...we desperately need fast responsive recievers with good hands and a knack for getting open...
In other words we need a big overhaul on the offense and thats going to take time...lets just hope mangini can do it right..
-
Very nice debut for Mark Sanchez. Got to watch a lot of it and he looks like a veteran. Really sees the whole field, uses all the receivers.
Besides having great days, he and Peterson have another thing in common: They could've been Browns.
Very nice debut for Mark Sanchez. Got to watch a lot of it and he looks like a veteran. Really sees the whole field, uses all the receivers.
Besides having great days, he and Peterson have another thing in common: They could've been Browns.
One game and BQ is under the bus.
Way to go!!
WSS
-
Palmer, Gerrard, Stafford, Schuab, Delohme, Cutler and Warner all had worse days than Quinn, and most were against lesser defenses.
Sanchez stepped into a team with two winning seasons in the last three and was named the starter weeks ago. Quinn stepped into a hide-and-seek QB competition and a team which hadn't scored a TD since last Thanksgiving.
I'm happy for Sanchez, I guess. It's too early to say Quinn is a bust and we should have drafted Sanchez.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
