Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Bengals @ Browns

The Browns Board
39 15 1.9k 1
  • So the biggest question…

    Is Burrow playing?  Anyone have guesses or any good speculation out there? 

  • @browns57 said:

    The Browns should win this game, however, how often do they actually win in week 1? 🙂

    Apparently they are 2-21-1 since 1998, a .104 win percentage.

    (https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/browns-week-1-record-since-1998)

    @tinythinker said:

    Apparently they are 2-21-1 since 1998, a .104 win percentage.

    (https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/browns-week-1-record-since-1998)

    sigh But this year we turn it around

  • So the biggest question…

    Is Burrow playing?  Anyone have guesses or any good speculation out there? 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Is Burrow playing?

    He seems to think so.  

  • The Browns should win this game, however, how often do they actually win in week 1? 🙂

    @browns57 said:

    The Browns should win this game, however, how often do they actually win in week 1? 🙂

    I don't know about that.  I see it as a toss up.  Turnovers and penalties are probably going to make the difference.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Is Burrow playing?

    He seems to think so.  

    @orion said:

    He seems to think so.  

    I think he will.

  • I hope he does so we can sack his ass.

  • So the biggest question…

    Is Burrow playing?  Anyone have guesses or any good speculation out there? 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    So the biggest question…

    Is Burrow playing?  Anyone have guesses or any good speculation out there? 

    Looks like he will, and softly stated "I want him to." 

    The Browns need this W badly. I think they'll get it even if Burrow plays. 

  • So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was. 

    Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship. 

    Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved. 

    She’s a Michigan fan too.

  • So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was. 

    Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship. 

    Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved. 

    She’s a Michigan fan too.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was. 

    Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship. 

    Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved. 

    She’s a Michigan fan too.

    Lol, well 3 strikes and she's out?

    Seriously though, I think the AM station that covers the BenGals is between 700-800 (WLW I think). I know AM radio isn't what it used to be but it's one of the more powerful station ranges in the country. 

    Edit....here's a link

    https://www.bengals.com/broadcast/radio

  • Does she also play the banjo? ??

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was. 

    Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship. 

    Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved. 

    She’s a Michigan fan too.

    Lol, well 3 strikes and she's out?

    Seriously though, I think the AM station that covers the BenGals is between 700-800 (WLW I think). I know AM radio isn't what it used to be but it's one of the more powerful station ranges in the country. 

    Edit....here's a link

    https://www.bengals.com/broadcast/radio

    @bob806 said:

    Lol, well 3 strikes and she's out?

    Seriously though, I think the AM station that covers the BenGals is between 700-800 (WLW I think). I know AM radio isn't what it used to be but it's one of the more powerful station ranges in the country. 

    Edit....here's a link

    https://www.bengals.com/broadcast/radio

    I don't know.  For listening to games, AM is the best.  FM stations usually only have a broadcast rage of maybe 40 miles.  The clear channel AM stations can rage 700 or more miles.  I can pick up WTAM at night and I live 650 miles away.  I've picked it up when I went to school in Gainesville many moons ago.  I think it was WERE...maybe WHK...I can't remember.

    Those clear channel stations were set up for national defense purpose.  It doesn't matter where you are in this country, you can pick up one of them.  You can usually get them at night because stations on a close frequency have to shut down at sunset.  In an emergency, they have to shut whenever told by the FCC.

    Actually, with the advent of satellite radio and personal devices, FM is on the downswing.  AM dominates the talk and news segment.  When in Cleveland, I tune in 1100 to get the news and traffic.  I'd bet a lot of you listen to Wills and Snyder in the morning.  You know you are going to get the skinny every 10 minutes or so.  It's a good format.

  • @bob806 said:

    Lol, well 3 strikes and she's out?

    Seriously though, I think the AM station that covers the BenGals is between 700-800 (WLW I think). I know AM radio isn't what it used to be but it's one of the more powerful station ranges in the country. 

    Edit....here's a link

    https://www.bengals.com/broadcast/radio

    I don't know.  For listening to games, AM is the best.  FM stations usually only have a broadcast rage of maybe 40 miles.  The clear channel AM stations can rage 700 or more miles.  I can pick up WTAM at night and I live 650 miles away.  I've picked it up when I went to school in Gainesville many moons ago.  I think it was WERE...maybe WHK...I can't remember.

    Those clear channel stations were set up for national defense purpose.  It doesn't matter where you are in this country, you can pick up one of them.  You can usually get them at night because stations on a close frequency have to shut down at sunset.  In an emergency, they have to shut whenever told by the FCC.

    Actually, with the advent of satellite radio and personal devices, FM is on the downswing.  AM dominates the talk and news segment.  When in Cleveland, I tune in 1100 to get the news and traffic.  I'd bet a lot of you listen to Wills and Snyder in the morning.  You know you are going to get the skinny every 10 minutes or so.  It's a good format.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know.  For listening to games, AM is the best.  FM stations usually only have a broadcast rage of maybe 40 miles.  The clear channel AM stations can rage 700 or more miles.  I can pick up WTAM at night and I live 650 miles away.  I've picked it up when I went to school in Gainesville many moons ago.  I think it was WERE...maybe WHK...I can't remember.

    Those clear channel stations were set up for national defense purpose.  It doesn't matter where you are in this country, you can pick up one of them.  You can usually get them at night because stations on a close frequency have to shut down at sunset.  In an emergency, they have to shut whenever told by the FCC.

    Actually, with the advent of satellite radio and personal devices, FM is on the downswing.  AM dominates the talk and news segment.  When in Cleveland, I tune in 1100 to get the news and traffic.  I'd bet a lot of you listen to Wills and Snyder in the morning.  You know you are going to get the skinny every 10 minutes or so.  It's a good format.

    AM= amplitude modulation. Kind of follows the lay of the land. 

    I'm glad you still get 1100. I remember picking up stations as far as Dallas as a kid.

    We were just on a long trip, up through Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Manitoba, & North Dakota. Couldn't pick up 1100 at any location. I think cell phones & such have caused a lot of interference for even the most powerful AM stations, like 1100. I do have XM, so I wasn't shut out of listening to the Tribe games ( but this season's offense put me to sleep easily lol).

  • I was a radio freak as a kid in Bay Village.  I'd tune that sucker and get all excited listening to a radio station in New Orleans or listen to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.  I felt like I was there.  Heck, I was.  You left the bubble called Cleveland.  I actually started to like country music back then, but wouldn't admit it to my friends because they made fun of it....lol.   Kind of like us Clevelanders kind of, sort of like Polka music, even if you don't admit it.

    WSM...650 on the dial.  The Opry has been broadcast nearing 100 years now as a weekly program. The longest running program.  Maybe since 1924.

    I am sure you remember as a kid every once in a while you could pick up Detroit TV stations.  Man, that was an exciting moment!  Even Toronto every now and again!  They were mostly showing the same stuff, but still, it was another world just like radio stations out of Nashville, New Orleans, St Louis.

    Pretty cool as a 10 year old kid.

  • I was a radio freak as a kid in Bay Village.  I'd tune that sucker and get all excited listening to a radio station in New Orleans or listen to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.  I felt like I was there.  Heck, I was.  You left the bubble called Cleveland.  I actually started to like country music back then, but wouldn't admit it to my friends because they made fun of it....lol.   Kind of like us Clevelanders kind of, sort of like Polka music, even if you don't admit it.

    WSM...650 on the dial.  The Opry has been broadcast nearing 100 years now as a weekly program. The longest running program.  Maybe since 1924.

    I am sure you remember as a kid every once in a while you could pick up Detroit TV stations.  Man, that was an exciting moment!  Even Toronto every now and again!  They were mostly showing the same stuff, but still, it was another world just like radio stations out of Nashville, New Orleans, St Louis.

    Pretty cool as a 10 year old kid.

    @ballpeen said:

    I was a radio freak as a kid in Bay Village.  I'd tune that sucker and get all excited listening to a radio station in New Orleans or listen to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.  I felt like I was there.  Heck, I was.  You left the bubble called Cleveland.  I actually started to like country music back then, but wouldn't admit it to my friends because they made fun of it....lol.   Kind of like us Clevelanders kind of, sort of like Polka music, even if you don't admit it.

    WSM...650 on the dial.  The Opry has been broadcast nearing 100 years now as a weekly program. The longest running program.  Maybe since 1924.

    I am sure you remember as a kid every once in a while you could pick up Detroit TV stations.  Man, that was an exciting moment!  Even Toronto every now and again!  They were mostly showing the same stuff, but still, it was another world just like radio stations out of Nashville, New Orleans, St Louis.

    Pretty cool as a 10 year old kid.

    In my early 20's I would stay up late just to listen to Larry Kings late night interviews.. Or I still at times turn on WCLV on Iheart radio threw my Alexa Echo and crash out to Classical music...

  • Larry King was great.  Same with the Art Bell program.

    Glad there are some other radio heads out there.  At least for me, I would pick up some "far away" station, then go to my Google of the day, the "Funk and Wagnalls", and read about the city the next morning.

    My parents bought our Funk and Wagnalls at the grocery store a few volumes at a time.  Fishers grocery store.  It took about a year to get the entire set.

  • Larry King was great.  Same with the Art Bell program.

    Glad there are some other radio heads out there.  At least for me, I would pick up some "far away" station, then go to my Google of the day, the "Funk and Wagnalls", and read about the city the next morning.

    My parents bought our Funk and Wagnalls at the grocery store a few volumes at a time.  Fishers grocery store.  It took about a year to get the entire set.

    @ballpeen said:

    Larry King was great.  Same with the Art Bell program.

    Glad there are some other radio heads out there.  At least for me, I would pick up some "far away" station, then go to my Google of the day, the "Funk and Wagnalls", and read about the city the next morning.

    My parents bought our Funk and Wagnalls at the grocery store a few volumes at a time.  Fishers grocery store.  It took about a year to get the entire set.

    Yeah , I loved Art Bell and Ira Fistell... I think George Noory has carried that torch brilliantly as Art's successor... Steve Church was another good one who was also into that late night pseudo science/Paranormal genre as well... I loved that he had Tangerine Dream as his background music.. It was cool...

  • Noory has done a real good job.  I still tune him in if I wake up at 1-2AM, which is a regular thing these days.  I like IAN Pundant...he is a weekend fill in guy.  I think he is out of Atlanta.  I have listened to Church.

    It is what it is.  As I have gotten older and retired, I sleep like a cat.  A few hours here, a few hours there....no set deal of going to bed at 9 and waking at 4 like I did when working.  I sleep when I am tired and stay up no matter the hour.  My wife gets mad when I get up and fix a cup of coffee at 1AM.  I'll sleep again between 5 and 7, or maybe 9 and 12, or 2 and 5PM.  LOL

    I stay up when awake and sleep when tired.

  • We’ve had success against Burrow led Bengal squads.  Common theme was either the Browns taking away the run game or the Bengals taking away their own run game making them one dimensional and easier to defend.  
     

    I expect them to protect Burrow quick throws - can our secondary tackle? and try to establish the run game early. 

  • So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was. 

    Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship. 

    Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved. 

    She’s a Michigan fan too.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well

    At first I was all like "Congrats...."

    @ibleedbrown said:

    but she is a Bengals fan. 

    She’s a Michigan fan too.

    .......  But then I was all like "you disgust me".  

    She'd best have a great personality, because no amount of hotness is going to make up for that noise.  

     CIN has had most of their turnover in their secondary, including losing an underrated duo in Bates and Bell.    Nick Scott, Dax and Battle are NOT going to step up and replace them seamlessly week 1.    Everything I do offensively will be to stress and target those 3.    Which means I'm playing this game in reverse, much like what I would against the Ravens.

    Edit:  this means I'm spending most of my times in 10, 11, 20 personnel.  If I'm in 21, I'm under center and going off ball action on depth concepts - Yankee, Mills, Sail, Middle Read, Divide, etc etc.    Give their DBs PTSD as early as possible. 

  • So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was. 

    Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship. 

    Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved. 

    She’s a Michigan fan too.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was. 

    Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship. 

    Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved. 

    She’s a Michigan fan too.

    You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.

    But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE. 

    White water rafting on the New River?