Tale of the Tape - Bengals @ Browns
-
I was a radio freak as a kid in Bay Village. I'd tune that sucker and get all excited listening to a radio station in New Orleans or listen to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. I felt like I was there. Heck, I was. You left the bubble called Cleveland. I actually started to like country music back then, but wouldn't admit it to my friends because they made fun of it....lol. Kind of like us Clevelanders kind of, sort of like Polka music, even if you don't admit it.
WSM...650 on the dial. The Opry has been broadcast nearing 100 years now as a weekly program. The longest running program. Maybe since 1924.
I am sure you remember as a kid every once in a while you could pick up Detroit TV stations. Man, that was an exciting moment! Even Toronto every now and again! They were mostly showing the same stuff, but still, it was another world just like radio stations out of Nashville, New Orleans, St Louis.
Pretty cool as a 10 year old kid.
-
I was a radio freak as a kid in Bay Village. I'd tune that sucker and get all excited listening to a radio station in New Orleans or listen to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. I felt like I was there. Heck, I was. You left the bubble called Cleveland. I actually started to like country music back then, but wouldn't admit it to my friends because they made fun of it....lol. Kind of like us Clevelanders kind of, sort of like Polka music, even if you don't admit it.
WSM...650 on the dial. The Opry has been broadcast nearing 100 years now as a weekly program. The longest running program. Maybe since 1924.
I am sure you remember as a kid every once in a while you could pick up Detroit TV stations. Man, that was an exciting moment! Even Toronto every now and again! They were mostly showing the same stuff, but still, it was another world just like radio stations out of Nashville, New Orleans, St Louis.
Pretty cool as a 10 year old kid.
I was a radio freak as a kid in Bay Village. I'd tune that sucker and get all excited listening to a radio station in New Orleans or listen to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. I felt like I was there. Heck, I was. You left the bubble called Cleveland. I actually started to like country music back then, but wouldn't admit it to my friends because they made fun of it....lol. Kind of like us Clevelanders kind of, sort of like Polka music, even if you don't admit it.
WSM...650 on the dial. The Opry has been broadcast nearing 100 years now as a weekly program. The longest running program. Maybe since 1924.
I am sure you remember as a kid every once in a while you could pick up Detroit TV stations. Man, that was an exciting moment! Even Toronto every now and again! They were mostly showing the same stuff, but still, it was another world just like radio stations out of Nashville, New Orleans, St Louis.
Pretty cool as a 10 year old kid.
In my early 20's I would stay up late just to listen to Larry Kings late night interviews.. Or I still at times turn on WCLV on Iheart radio threw my Alexa Echo and crash out to Classical music...
-
Larry King was great. Same with the Art Bell program.
Glad there are some other radio heads out there. At least for me, I would pick up some "far away" station, then go to my Google of the day, the "Funk and Wagnalls", and read about the city the next morning.
My parents bought our Funk and Wagnalls at the grocery store a few volumes at a time. Fishers grocery store. It took about a year to get the entire set.
-
Larry King was great. Same with the Art Bell program.
Glad there are some other radio heads out there. At least for me, I would pick up some "far away" station, then go to my Google of the day, the "Funk and Wagnalls", and read about the city the next morning.
My parents bought our Funk and Wagnalls at the grocery store a few volumes at a time. Fishers grocery store. It took about a year to get the entire set.
Larry King was great. Same with the Art Bell program.
Glad there are some other radio heads out there. At least for me, I would pick up some "far away" station, then go to my Google of the day, the "Funk and Wagnalls", and read about the city the next morning.
My parents bought our Funk and Wagnalls at the grocery store a few volumes at a time. Fishers grocery store. It took about a year to get the entire set.
Yeah , I loved Art Bell and Ira Fistell... I think George Noory has carried that torch brilliantly as Art's successor... Steve Church was another good one who was also into that late night pseudo science/Paranormal genre as well... I loved that he had Tangerine Dream as his background music.. It was cool...
-
Noory has done a real good job. I still tune him in if I wake up at 1-2AM, which is a regular thing these days. I like IAN Pundant...he is a weekend fill in guy. I think he is out of Atlanta. I have listened to Church.
It is what it is. As I have gotten older and retired, I sleep like a cat. A few hours here, a few hours there....no set deal of going to bed at 9 and waking at 4 like I did when working. I sleep when I am tired and stay up no matter the hour. My wife gets mad when I get up and fix a cup of coffee at 1AM. I'll sleep again between 5 and 7, or maybe 9 and 12, or 2 and 5PM. LOL
I stay up when awake and sleep when tired.
-
We’ve had success against Burrow led Bengal squads. Common theme was either the Browns taking away the run game or the Bengals taking away their own run game making them one dimensional and easier to defend.
I expect them to protect Burrow quick throws - can our secondary tackle? and try to establish the run game early.
-
So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was.
Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved.
She’s a Michigan fan too.
So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well
At first I was all like "Congrats...."
but she is a Bengals fan.
She’s a Michigan fan too.
....... But then I was all like "you disgust me".
She'd best have a great personality, because no amount of hotness is going to make up for that noise.
CIN has had most of their turnover in their secondary, including losing an underrated duo in Bates and Bell. Nick Scott, Dax and Battle are NOT going to step up and replace them seamlessly week 1. Everything I do offensively will be to stress and target those 3. Which means I'm playing this game in reverse, much like what I would against the Ravens.
Edit: this means I'm spending most of my times in 10, 11, 20 personnel. If I'm in 21, I'm under center and going off ball action on depth concepts - Yankee, Mills, Sail, Middle Read, Divide, etc etc. Give their DBs PTSD as early as possible.
-
So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was.
Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved.
She’s a Michigan fan too.
So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was.
Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved.
She’s a Michigan fan too.
You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.
But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE.
White water rafting on the New River?
-
I don't know. For listening to games, AM is the best. FM stations usually only have a broadcast rage of maybe 40 miles. The clear channel AM stations can rage 700 or more miles. I can pick up WTAM at night and I live 650 miles away. I've picked it up when I went to school in Gainesville many moons ago. I think it was WERE...maybe WHK...I can't remember.
Those clear channel stations were set up for national defense purpose. It doesn't matter where you are in this country, you can pick up one of them. You can usually get them at night because stations on a close frequency have to shut down at sunset. In an emergency, they have to shut whenever told by the FCC.
Actually, with the advent of satellite radio and personal devices, FM is on the downswing. AM dominates the talk and news segment. When in Cleveland, I tune in 1100 to get the news and traffic. I'd bet a lot of you listen to Wills and Snyder in the morning. You know you are going to get the skinny every 10 minutes or so. It's a good format.
AM= amplitude modulation. Kind of follows the lay of the land.
I'm glad you still get 1100. I remember picking up stations as far as Dallas as a kid.
We were just on a long trip, up through Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Manitoba, & North Dakota. Couldn't pick up 1100 at any location. I think cell phones & such have caused a lot of interference for even the most powerful AM stations, like 1100. I do have XM, so I wasn't shut out of listening to the Tribe games ( but this season's offense put me to sleep easily lol).
AM= amplitude modulation. Kind of follows the lay of the land.
I'm glad you still get 1100. I remember picking up stations as far as Dallas as a kid.
We were just on a long trip, up through Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Manitoba, & North Dakota. Couldn't pick up 1100 at any location. I think cell phones & such have caused a lot of interference for even the most powerful AM stations, like 1100. I do have XM, so I wasn't shut out of listening to the Tribe games ( but this season's offense put me to sleep easily lol).
I have a cousin who lives in North Jersey, and I remember us driving over the Brooklyn Bridge a decade or so ago and listening to the end of a (then) Indians win vs the Orioles on 1100. I thought that was so cool. I listened to games in 2005 when the Tribe was battling the White Sox to the end of the season from a hilltop near the New River in West Virginia, too.
-
We’ve had success against Burrow led Bengal squads. Common theme was either the Browns taking away the run game or the Bengals taking away their own run game making them one dimensional and easier to defend.
I expect them to protect Burrow quick throws - can our secondary tackle? and try to establish the run game early.
Common theme was either the Browns taking away the run game or the Bengals taking away their own run game making them one dimensional
...laughably true. That's how we beat them the first time last season. Mixon could've run all over us...but they decided against that.
-
So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was.
Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved.
She’s a Michigan fan too.
the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
hope she put's out
-
So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was.
Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved.
She’s a Michigan fan too.
You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.
But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE.
White water rafting on the New River?
You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.
But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE.
White water rafting on the New River?
Who cares who she roots for. We can root for whoever we want, at least until the socialists(communists) tell us who to root for.
If her mind, personality, and body work for him, that's good enough for me.
-
You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.
But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE.
White water rafting on the New River?
Who cares who she roots for. We can root for whoever we want, at least until the socialists(communists) tell us who to root for.
If her mind, personality, and body work for him, that's good enough for me.
Who cares who she roots for. We can root for whoever we want, at least until the socialists(communists) tell us who to root for.
If her mind, personality, and body work for him, that's good enough for me.
Yawn.
There's a reason people can't stand lawyers.
Who cares what's good enough for you?
-
You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.
But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE.
White water rafting on the New River?
Who cares who she roots for. We can root for whoever we want, at least until the socialists(communists) tell us who to root for.
If her mind, personality, and body work for him, that's good enough for me.
Who cares who she roots for.
My 7 year old grandson roots for the Jaguars. Last year (when he was 6) I asked him why he picked the Jaguars. Mind you we're in Patriots country...and he's got a Brady and a Gronk jersey...and rooted for and watched them play. As much as a 4 & 5 year old's attention span would let him. He likes the Jaguars because of their logo. That cat on the side of the helmet. I'm guessing that we didn't stand much of a chance against that. - I'm looking forward to our game against them.
He lives 2 houses away. (when he & his brother aren't with 'the father')
-
So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was.
Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved.
She’s a Michigan fan too.
Lol, well 3 strikes and she's out?
Seriously though, I think the AM station that covers the BenGals is between 700-800 (WLW I think). I know AM radio isn't what it used to be but it's one of the more powerful station ranges in the country.
Edit....here's a link
Lol, well 3 strikes and she's out?
Seriously though, I think the AM station that covers the BenGals is between 700-800 (WLW I think). I know AM radio isn't what it used to be but it's one of the more powerful station ranges in the country.
Edit....here's a link
I’ll do 700 if l have to. I was hoping to get the Browns radio feed though and l figure that’s my better shot coming from WV anyway.
I think you’re right about AM being my best bet.
-
So l’m dating this new gal, l really like her and it’s going well, but she is a Bengals fan. I had to berate her today because she didn’t know who Nick Chubb was.
Taking her rafting in WV this weekend, the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
Anyone privy to radio stations on the way back? Coming from Fayetteville, WV to Cincy, looks like a lotta I-64 and route 35 involved.
She’s a Michigan fan too.
You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.
But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE.
White water rafting on the New River?
You live in the Cincy area, right? Kind of have to expect that you'll date a Bengals fan.
But a fan of TTUN? FUCK. THAT. NOISE.
White water rafting on the New River?
Yep! Cincy born and raised, Browns fandom inherited from me pops who grew up in Van Wert, Oh. Dating’s tough in the middle age years man.
The gal and l have a running joke that l’m going to convert her to Browns fandom. Little does she know it’s not a joke though. Mua ha ha… I’ll tell her “it’ll start off slow, like you’ll find yourself yourself rooting for the Browns when they’re NOT playing the Bengals. But then next thing you know…”
The Michigan thing isn’t really a dealbreaker for me. I’ve done my fair share of rooting for Ohio State but no college football team has that upper level of in investment for me.
Doing the Gauley river! It’ll be trip number 5 for me. Super fun, it’s a hell raiser.
-
the plan is to listen to the game on the radio on the way home. We gotta beat the Bengals man. I need to exert my football dominance in the relationship.
hope she put's out
-
IBleedbrown- GF/Wife as a bengals fan not ideal but certainly not IMO a dealbreaker. Now Steelers no way no how…you should end it as soon as you realize…and go home and shower and scrub the yinz off yourself.
Back to game…the Browns offense foreshadowed something in the preseason that I think is going to be effective and we are going to see it week 1. We’ve had Elijah Moore lineup in the backfield and against man coverage we’ve seen him pull a DB or Safety away from coverage allowing others to feast…most notably Njoku on his TD against the Chiefs. And the Bengals roll in with new secondary pieces (lovely!!!) We got guys that can win matchups when Moore is that shiny decoy. Now if the LB decides to take Moore good luck. This was Hunts job but he wasn’t scary to a safety or DB or even beating LBs consistently. So upgrade for sure.
-
IBleedbrown- GF/Wife as a bengals fan not ideal but certainly not IMO a dealbreaker. Now Steelers no way no how…you should end it as soon as you realize…and go home and shower and scrub the yinz off yourself.
Back to game…the Browns offense foreshadowed something in the preseason that I think is going to be effective and we are going to see it week 1. We’ve had Elijah Moore lineup in the backfield and against man coverage we’ve seen him pull a DB or Safety away from coverage allowing others to feast…most notably Njoku on his TD against the Chiefs. And the Bengals roll in with new secondary pieces (lovely!!!) We got guys that can win matchups when Moore is that shiny decoy. Now if the LB decides to take Moore good luck. This was Hunts job but he wasn’t scary to a safety or DB or even beating LBs consistently. So upgrade for sure.
This was Hunts job but he wasn’t scary to a safety or DB or even beating LBs consistently. So upgrade for sure.
Upgrade in the passing game for sure. But Hunt provided a more serious threat to hurt the D with the run from there. Not so much last year, but then I thought that the OL didn't perform as well last year as in previous years. I think running Moore from there too often will eventually get him injured.
-
Ward is out of concussion protocol - good to go for Sunday
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login