The Official ? Monday Night Football Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers Thread ? Sept 18
-
If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?
But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win
If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?
But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win
Guarded optimism. I get it. This game will probably be a dawg fight.
All I know is we have a better QB and a better roster. That normally translates to a W.
Truth here - We’ve played better Steeler teams. Their need for a W may create a sense of urgency but when that inevitable wears off we have a better roster -
Stoolers fans all over here on WV. There were no Bungles fans until they got Burrow. Funny how that happened
Browns 26 stoolers 13
Pickett is the next Colt McCoy
Hey B149, I hear you on that, I was surprised how many steeler fans have moved west into Ohio. So much so that we are blacked OUT when the BROWNS/ steelerz play at the same time.
-
506sports.com always shows what game is on
-
-
If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?
But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win
If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?
But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win
I see no lies. Also, unfortunately I'm right. ?
-
? I once tried to carry Rural mail in this T-Shirt ? and would you believe? a Postal Supervisor sent me home to change shirts ?
I'm walking in with the Myles Garrett 95 jersey Monday .... please send me home
-
If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?
But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win
Guarded optimism. I get it. This game will probably be a dawg fight.
All I know is we have a better QB and a better roster. That normally translates to a W.
Truth here - We’ve played better Steeler teams. Their need for a W may create a sense of urgency but when that inevitable wears off we have a better rosterTruth here - We’ve played better Steeler teams. Their need for a W may create a sense of urgency but when that inevitable wears off we have a better roster
Right. I think Browns have to withstand an early surge by Pittsburgh cuz they're coming out bananas.
I watched Bengals game again and was surprised at the amount of times Watson didn't take the check down or throw a shorter pass right away. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but he took a number of hits and cost us multiple first downs by not simply throwing an easier pass. Now, I get that with any player you take the good and the bad and Watson has a much deserved reputation for holding onto the ball and hunting big plays. The problem I had was it was raining and we had a small lead (early). There were too many times Njoku was sitting there waiting for the pill, and one time was the interception Watson threw that was tipped.
It's game 1 and I'd MUCH rather learn from a win than a loss, but there's a bunch Watson needs to change if he wants to stay healthy and keep the chains moving. Watson gets hurt and it's over, boys. DTR will not save us. Watson is who he is, but I'm hoping he can change just a little bit. Take the easy toss a bit more, go out of bounds on a run play when you can, and I believe Watson will have the year we all want. The deep throws will connect, they always have for him. Yes, he underthrew two scoring strikes, but Marquis could've caught the first one...he really didn't make a great effort on that ball. Also, that ball probably weighed 57 pounds.
I do NOT expect us to run the ball well, Heyward out be damned. We just do not run well against them in Pittsburgh and I don't care what the 49's did to them. This game will be totally different. If I drop the act I do expect us to win. I just think we're better, even with Cooper out or severely hobbled. I just expect it to be ugly AF, and I mean ugly. Watt will destroy Dawand, like he destroys everyone. Think about it, how confident would YOU be if Myles was going up against a rookie?
Browns win, 20-17 in a sphincter clinching, grinding, "thank God we won" type of victory. Go Browns!
-
Here we get Bungles or Stoolers. Browns are 3rd.
Curious, I looked up where Letart was in WV.
Damn, you are almost dead between Cincinnati (165 miles) and Pittsburgh (207 miles), with Cleveland (221 miles) directly north of you.
-
I feel your conflict. Roethlisberger was a RedHawk.
He was also an idiot
-
Funny story on ESPN just now...
Bar in Green Bay ran a promotion last Monday night for the Jets vs Bills game. If the Jets (and Aaron Rodgers) lost, the bar would pick up everyone's bar tab for the night.
Well, four offensive plays in, Rodgers blows his Achilles. As the bar manager said, "There was a moment of silence, then everyone started ordering shots"... with Rodgers out of the way, people were drinking and drinking and drinking, thinking the Bills were a lock to win and that the bar would pick up their tabs....
The video of the bar when the Jets ran back a kick for a touchdown to win the game was priceless. One patron said "Well, I guess I'm not eating lunch this week..." ?
-
The Browns need to take this game seriously from start to finish. Just because Pittsburgh is missing players doesn't mean they can coast through the game. If they do then the culture truly hasn't changed. At least you know Schwartz will have his guys ready on his side of the ball.
I'm not going to lie, I literally have so much Browns PTSD that I can't even ENVISION a scenario where we win. Steelers are coming off an opening blowout at HOME where nothing went right. They're playing on Monday night in front of the home crowd where they haven't lost since 'Nam.
Pittsburgh CAN'T lose this game and they know it. They're 20-0 at home on Monday night football. Think about that for a second. That tells me there's more than just football at work here. You can try to tell me that history has no influence on an actual game, but when it's 20-0, there's something going on. Here's what to expect:
Every bounce will go their way. If there's a fumble, it's bouncing to them. If there's a deflection, it's heading their way instantly. Penalties will be in their favor. FG's will go in, ours will bounce off the post or something crazy, if not outright blocked. You can schedule at least one defensive touchdown, book it. Our best players will come down with a rare disease, like "Tibetan Respiratory Pneumonia" or something. This game will be wacky, and not in a good way.
Do I sound absolutely nuts? YES, of course I do! I'm a Browns fan, right? I'm allowed to be a basket case when we visit Pittsburgh, especially on Monday night, because I've seen it all, and by "seen it all", what I mean is, I've seen things, man. Things that would break a lesser fan.
Now, am I being ridiculous? Yeah, I am. But a hint of what I wrote can be expected, right? You simply don't get to 20-0 without cause, it HAS to be more than football. To win this game, we'll be fighting against a desperate Steelers team, and all the ghosts of NFL yesteryear. Are we a better team? Yes, we are. I really believe that. But this game will test us in all 3 phases and I hope we're ready. I know I am.
I'm not going to lie, I literally have so much Browns PTSD that I can't even ENVISION a scenario where we win. Steelers are coming off an opening blowout at HOME where nothing went right. They're playing on Monday night in front of the home crowd where they haven't lost since 'Nam.
Pittsburgh CAN'T lose this game and they know it. They're 20-0 at home on Monday night football. Think about that for a second. That tells me there's more than just football at work here. You can try to tell me that history has no influence on an actual game, but when it's 20-0, there's something going on. Here's what to expect:
Every bounce will go their way. If there's a fumble, it's bouncing to them. If there's a deflection, it's heading their way instantly. Penalties will be in their favor. FG's will go in, ours will bounce off the post or something crazy, if not outright blocked. You can schedule at least one defensive touchdown, book it. Our best players will come down with a rare disease, like "Tibetan Respiratory Pneumonia" or something. This game will be wacky, and not in a good way.
Do I sound absolutely nuts? YES, of course I do! I'm a Browns fan, right? I'm allowed to be a basket case when we visit Pittsburgh, especially on Monday night, because I've seen it all, and by "seen it all", what I mean is, I've seen things, man. Things that would break a lesser fan.
Now, am I being ridiculous? Yeah, I am. But a hint of what I wrote can be expected, right? You simply don't get to 20-0 without cause, it HAS to be more than football. To win this game, we'll be fighting against a desperate Steelers team, and all the ghosts of NFL yesteryear. Are we a better team? Yes, we are. I really believe that. But this game will test us in all 3 phases and I hope we're ready. I know I am.
FAN isn't just a prefix of FANTASTIC!
I'll be honest, I'm worried about this defense reading how unstoppable they are all week. They've also read how bad Pittsburgh looked all week. Anyone that understands our history - knows where you're coming from and what I needed to say. That said, if the Browns prepared for this game like they did for the first game - I definitely think they can win. If they didn't? They can beat themselves so Pittsburgh doesn't have to. This game is going to boil down to how well the Browns can handle TJ Watt IMO.
-
Cooper downgraded to questionable after tweaking his groin in practice.
-
Here we get Bungles or Stoolers. Browns are 3rd.
Curious, I looked up where Letart was in WV.
Damn, you are almost dead between Cincinnati (165 miles) and Pittsburgh (207 miles), with Cleveland (221 miles) directly north of you.
Curious, I looked up where Letart was in WV.
Damn, you are almost dead between Cincinnati (165 miles) and Pittsburgh (207 miles), with Cleveland (221 miles) directly north of you.
It’s mostly stoolers fans though
-
Ravens take the opening kickoff and march to a TD, taking half the first quarter with them.
7-0 Baltimore.
-
This is absolutely brilliant.Man how much I love Bernie haha:
-
OBJ on the sideline with an injury.
That's a shocker.
Ravens up 20-17 at the beginning of the 4th, driving, just got into the redzone.
-
Cincinnati 0-2 to start the season, Baltimore 2-0.
-
Monday, September 18
New Orleans Saints (-2.5) at Carolina Panthers
★ Cleveland Browns (-1.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers ★ at 8:15 pm. <-- a close game ? Are they that close ?▪︎~~~~~~~ ? ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎
And on Sunday September 17. (FYI)
★ Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5)
Browns -1.5, well, IIRC the 49ers were favored by 2. We know how that turned out.
Regarding the Bungle- Ratbird game, don't care who wins, but the Browns have to win also. No letdown guys.
Browns -1.5, well, IIRC the 49ers were favored by 2. We know how that turned out.
Regarding the Bungle- Ratbird game, don't care who wins, but the Browns have to win also. No letdown guys.
See below.....
Ravens take the opening kickoff and march to a TD, taking half the first quarter with them.
7-0 Baltimore.
From a purely Browns POV, it would have been better if the Bungles had won.... Bungles 1-1, Ratbirds 1-1 both with division losses. Cinci showed some signs of life, but not enough. Minus the 80+ yard punt return TD, they weren't showing much.
If jiggins is worried about Watson, you should have seen some of the hits Jackson was taking when he ran the ball. He won't last the season running reckless like that. Our old pal Clowney had quite a game.
It will be nice for the next week here in SW Ohio with Bungle fans back under their rocks though.
Browns had just better win tomorrow night.
-
Browns -1.5, well, IIRC the 49ers were favored by 2. We know how that turned out.
Regarding the Bungle- Ratbird game, don't care who wins, but the Browns have to win also. No letdown guys.
See below.....
Ravens take the opening kickoff and march to a TD, taking half the first quarter with them.
7-0 Baltimore.
From a purely Browns POV, it would have been better if the Bungles had won.... Bungles 1-1, Ratbirds 1-1 both with division losses. Cinci showed some signs of life, but not enough. Minus the 80+ yard punt return TD, they weren't showing much.
If jiggins is worried about Watson, you should have seen some of the hits Jackson was taking when he ran the ball. He won't last the season running reckless like that. Our old pal Clowney had quite a game.
It will be nice for the next week here in SW Ohio with Bungle fans back under their rocks though.
Browns had just better win tomorrow night.
See below.....
From a purely Browns POV, it would have been better if the Bungles had won.... Bungles 1-1, Ratbirds 1-1 both with division losses. Cinci showed some signs of life, but not enough. Minus the 80+ yard punt return TD, they weren't showing much.
If jiggins is worried about Watson, you should have seen some of the hits Jackson was taking when he ran the ball. He won't last the season running reckless like that. Our old pal Clowney had quite a game.
It will be nice for the next week here in SW Ohio with Bungle fans back under their rocks though.
Browns had just better win tomorrow night.
That is true, a Bengals win today could have meant the Browns would be sitting in first place come midnight tomorrow night.
Still, from an entertainment POV, it will be interesting to see if the Bengals can overcome another slow start. The season being 17 games now makes it easier, it will be real easy when they eventually make it a 18 game schedule. (I loathe the idea)
-
Last year I kind of went rogue and picked Dallas as my choice to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Even as I wrote it, I was like "Really, Dutch?"
It wouldn't be a horrible pick this season. Philadelphia, San Francisco and Dallas are looking like the cream of the NFC crop.
(I already hate my Buffalo pick in the AFC. I remember thinking after their playoff loss last winter that their window of Super Bowl contention might be over... then I pick them the next year) ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
