Skip to content

The Official   ?  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  ?  Sept  18

The Browns Board
816 43 23.6k 1
  • We're not at all in disagreement that we're rooting for him. 

    Let's rivisit this discussion at the end of the season. It's easy for me to say I'm wrong if I am.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    We're not at all in disagreement that we're rooting for him. 

    Let's rivisit this discussion at the end of the season. It's easy for me to say I'm wrong if I am.  

    Actually, if he played like this in Houston - they would have given him to us with a bag of stale potato chips.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Nice FG!

    We needed that.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He was excellent in Houston. There is no denying that.

    He's looked like an absolute shell of that here. I gave him leeway at the end of last season, but this can't go on forever. He looks so damn robotic. Nothing looks natural with him with the Browns. 

    No doubt. I will be the first to hold my hand up and say he is done, but not close to that yet. Doesn't help getting absolutely no help from his OL.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-junkyard-dog said:

    No doubt. I will be the first to hold my hand up and say he is done, but not close to that yet. Doesn't help getting absolutely no help from his OL.

    Oh that is true too. I'm not writing him off, but my patience with him is not limitless.

    Damn great kick by Hopkins!

  • @the-junkyard-dog said:

    We will agree to disagree friend. His stats since he came in the league show he has been a very good QB, hope he gets back to that.

    He was excellent in Houston. There is no denying that.

    He's looked like an absolute shell of that here. I gave him leeway at the end of last season, but this can't go on forever. He looks so damn robotic. Nothing looks natural with him with the Browns. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    He was excellent in Houston. There is no denying that.

    He's looked like an absolute shell of that here. I gave him leeway at the end of last season, but this can't go on forever. He looks so damn robotic. Nothing looks natural with him with the Browns. 

    That's the guy I wanted to see here - not the QB Stefanski is turning him into.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    This offense looks no better with Watson then it did with Mayfield

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    The number one thing Kevin does that just infuriates me is refusing to give up long developing plays. This defense is begging to get beat with short passes but everything is 3+ second throws. It’s ridiculous.

  • already out from Sutterer.

    Risk is a dislocation as well as multiple ligaments.. similar to Marcus Lattimore.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    already out from Sutterer.

    Risk is a dislocation as well as multiple ligaments.. similar to Marcus Lattimore.

    You seem to have the salary cap figured out better than anyone else here, so let me ask you this, if Watson continues to crash and burn and it gets to a point that the Browns have to look elsewhere, does his contact handcuff the Browns well into the future? If yes, how many years?

    If no, is it because it was a lot of guaranteed money? 

  • @flugel said:

    In his 1st 2 years?  That's not bad.  How many playoff games did Cleveland win between 1999 and 2019?

    I root for any QB that wears the Browns uni.

    I will always say that they overpaid for him.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I root for any QB that wears the Browns uni.

    I will always say that they overpaid for him.

    No arguments there CD.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    It's nice to have a kicker that doesn't feel like an automatic liability

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    Dear Cleveland Browns...

    Send Deshaun Watson Back to Houston

    He S U C K S!!!!!!!!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He was excellent in Houston. There is no denying that.

    He's looked like an absolute shell of that here. I gave him leeway at the end of last season, but this can't go on forever. He looks so damn robotic. Nothing looks natural with him with the Browns. 

    That's the guy I wanted to see here - not the QB Stefanski is turning him into.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    That's the guy I wanted to see here - not the QB Stefanski is turning him into.

    I'm not sure Stefanski has any experience running an offense that Watson excelled in, though did he?

    Well if Kevin doesn't figure it out, someone else will be here next year attempting to. 

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by

    I fear that he may never play again, he tore that same knee up in 2015.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    FUCK

  • I fear that he may never play again, he tore that same knee up in 2015.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    @falcon7 said:

    I fear that he may never play again, he tore that same knee up in 2015.

    Don't you put that kind of evil on him Ricky Bobby. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Jesus, that half mentally felt like three games. 

  • @the-junkyard-dog said:

    We will agree to disagree friend. His stats since he came in the league show he has been a very good QB, hope he gets back to that.

    He was excellent in Houston. There is no denying that.

    He's looked like an absolute shell of that here. I gave him leeway at the end of last season, but this can't go on forever. He looks so damn robotic. Nothing looks natural with him with the Browns. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    He was excellent in Houston. There is no denying that.

    He's looked like an absolute shell of that here. I gave him leeway at the end of last season, but this can't go on forever. He looks so damn robotic. Nothing looks natural with him with the Browns. 

    If you watched the Dolphins Patriots game the difference between Watson and Tua is night and day . Tua BOOM, the ball is out . Desean is indecisive, and his accuracy is suckfull. Without Chubb, we're screwed.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    Do any of the old timey historians here know if there's more leg injuries on average in today's NFL than in the old days when they could hit differently? 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    NATIONAL BROADCAST  I just saw Nick go down. was it a cheap shot ?

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    Do we ring up Hunt's phone? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He was excellent in Houston. There is no denying that.

    He's looked like an absolute shell of that here. I gave him leeway at the end of last season, but this can't go on forever. He looks so damn robotic. Nothing looks natural with him with the Browns. 

    If you watched the Dolphins Patriots game the difference between Watson and Tua is night and day . Tua BOOM, the ball is out . Desean is indecisive, and his accuracy is suckfull. Without Chubb, we're screwed.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    If you watched the Dolphins Patriots game the difference between Watson and Tua is night and day . Tua BOOM, the ball is out . Desean is indecisive, and his accuracy is suckfull. Without Chubb, we're screwed.

    I was pretty impressed with Tua. I had not paid much attention to him up until that game yesterday.